PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Racing > Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-02-2012, 09:20 AM   #1
I CR0W I

I CR0W I's Gamercard
The Stage with the Snake Heads

In the demo and in (I think) part 4 of the Career mode there is a "Boost Challenge" in a lava filled level which sees you flying past a giant dinosaur thing before a driving section that leads to a fork in the road, leading to a boost ramp into a Snake's mouth.

Unfortunately, every time I play this stage I hit the Snake's mouth and coem to a dead stop. I managed to beat the challenge eventually but I'm confused by what I'm doing wrong.

Is there a way to pass through the Snake's mouth at high speed without hitting it?
I'm not touching the teeth, I'm dead center. Asking now before I see this level again in a traffic challenge or something.
DORITOS DASH OF DESTRUCTION

I AM GR8 @ GAEMS
I CR0W I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 03:28 PM   #2
Le Vampyr

Das Belmont's Gamercard
It's a kind of glitch / bad design. Just take the route that goes to the other snake head and you should be fine (the route without the boost pads I believe)
My Twitch - www.twitch.tv/das_belmont/profile
9 Upload videos featured on the Xbox One Upload App so far and 740+ followers.
Le Vampyr  is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 09:38 PM   #3
wariowarrior

wariowarrior's Gamercard
It's bad design and got me annoyed too. I just ease off the throttle a bit just before the boost and it gets me through.
Old 12-06-2012, 04:52 PM   #4
I CR0W I

I CR0W I's Gamercard
My daughter discovered that you can go max speed and aim in-between the heads, you sometimes clip the scenery but you keep moving rather than coming to a dead stop. This has been really effective.
DORITOS DASH OF DESTRUCTION

I AM GR8 @ GAEMS
I CR0W I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 11:07 PM   #5
Ev1L S1nnER

Ev1L S1nnER's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by I CR0W I View Post
In the demo and in (I think) part 4 of the Career mode there is a "Boost Challenge" in a lava filled level which sees you flying past a giant dinosaur thing before a driving section that leads to a fork in the road, leading to a boost ramp into a Snake's mouth.

Unfortunately, every time I play this stage I hit the Snake's mouth and coem to a dead stop. I managed to beat the challenge eventually but I'm confused by what I'm doing wrong.

Is there a way to pass through the Snake's mouth at high speed without hitting it?
I'm not touching the teeth, I'm dead center. Asking now before I see this level again in a traffic challenge or something.
Haha you guys are going to love this, I HATE that stupid boost challenge, finding it difficult on HARD? even EXPERT? when i did it on hard i never hit the snake heads however on expert it kept happening.

Want a solution? its so easy you would have never seen it coming, instead of slowing down, dont change anything you're doing just as you hit the ramp hold the L stick UP and there you go an easy easy way to avoid BULLSHIT
Ev1L S1nnER is offline   Reply With Quote