PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Halo 4
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-04-2012, 04:15 PM   #31
Hannibal king 88

Hanibal King 88's Gamercard
They said they want to do it but they didnt have the time to do ot since halo 4 was such a huge job but hey really wanna do it since he dovid halo ce. And u call this milking it. Um haveypu played any of the cods ya enoigh said
Hannibal king 88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 04:21 PM   #32
Int3rnalF3ar

Krayzie OutKast's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal king 88 View Post
They said they want to do it but they didnt have the time to do ot since halo 4 was such a huge job but hey really wanna do it since he dovid halo ce. And u call this milking it. Um haveypu played any of the cods ya enoigh said
What?
10char

1200/1200 Halo Wars
1700/1700 Halo: Reach
1000/1000 Halo: CE Anniversary
1000/1000 Halo 2 (PC)
1000/1000 Halo 3: ODST
1750/1750 Halo 3
250/250 Halo: Spartan Assault (Windows 8)
250/250 Halo: Spartan Assault (Windows Phone)
400/400 Halo: Spartan Assault (Xbox 360)
1000/1000 Halo: Spartan Assault (Xbox One)
2000/2000 Halo 4

532/532 total achievements unlocked.
Int3rnalF3ar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 04:33 PM   #33
BiggD
121 More Days 'Til Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Gold   Achievement Guide - Gold   Donator - Level 2   Submit - Diamond   Community Gaming - Bronze   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   10,000 posts
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal king 88 View Post
what the fuck did I just read?

Thanks to XeroFox for the sinister signature!

Batman: Arkham City | XBA Blog
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 04:59 PM   #34
Eric89

Send a message via AIM to Eric89

Razorclaw89's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by The BiggD View Post
what the fuck did I just read?
Someone who apparently has terrible spelling and grammar.

Eric89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:02 PM   #35
upindat

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
HELL YEA. bring it on.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:05 PM   #36
Barad
High on Life

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
If this is true, the greatest news ever..

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:10 PM   #37
Reggiez

Reggiez's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Silver
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Well I never played the original Halo 2 when it came out so I would be thrilled to get it.

Really liked the Halo Anniversary game and if Halo 2 can get the same overhaul I will be getting it. Nothing wrong with old games if they are redone with a bit of quality work (in my opinion).
Old 12-04-2012, 11:44 PM   #38
Odi

Odiumar's Gamercard
Unfortunately the only way I'll ever play Halo 2 is if there is an anniversary edition, so I really hope they seriously consider it.
Old 12-05-2012, 12:02 AM   #39
BiggD

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Gold   Achievement Guide - Gold   Donator - Level 2   Submit - Diamond   Community Gaming - Bronze   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   10,000 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odi View Post
Unfortunately the only way I'll ever play Halo 2 is if there is an anniversary edition, so I really hope they seriously consider it.
You never played it?! Great Campaign

Old 12-05-2012, 02:44 AM   #40
Destro

Destro WOD's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
I was thinking about Halo 2 the other day, if i played on PC i would redo it and get the achievements and all, but i don't. I still got my xbox version and was thinking of redoing it. Halo 4 really push me into the halo story and its been a LOOOONG time since i done Halo 1 and 2. Im gonna pick the anniversary version very soon. So if they do it ill be happy.... but i can live without it.

Remaking Halo 3 tough... seem pointless and dumb.

Gears of War Legend
Destro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:23 AM   #41
Jet1337

Jet1337's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
There was a rumor of this before. They said they were too busy to remake Halo 2, but would do it if they had the time. I don't see them making it any time soon if they're already busy making Halo 5.

I had a shitty Halo 2 experience. Lots of pop-in. If you played it on the 360 it wasn't there. My xbox was shitty and every time I played campaign, the disc drive would make deep scratches on the disc and I couldn't play campaign. I guess that's what happens when you take your xbox apart and not put it back together with skill like those sweatshop asians.
Old 12-05-2012, 04:59 AM   #42
Spyderwulf

Spyderwulf's Gamercard
cool, more halo achievements!
Spyderwulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:28 AM   #43
WeapDog

OG WeapDog's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Face View Post
Using Legacy Southpaw Inverted controls.
Inverted? Thats child's play

Only weirdos use regular Y-Axis

XBL - OG WeapDog
WeapDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:58 AM   #44
Hishoa

oh baby

Hishoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 12:57 PM   #45
anorexicwes
Banned User

Is that real?
anorexicwes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:03 PM   #46
THE DEADLY DOG

Send a message via AIM to THE DEADLY DOG Send a message via MSN to THE DEADLY DOG Send a message via Skype™ to THE DEADLY DOG

THE DEADLY DOG's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Staff - Maximum Clubs Director   Micro Guide - Gold   Submit - Emerald   Subscriber - Bronze   Staff Club - * Clueless *   2,500 Posts   Staff Club - THE DEADLY DOG
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Mm.. Had to know this was coming, although I am excited for it. Is that strange?
Old 12-05-2012, 01:11 PM   #47
BiggD

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hishoa View Post
oh baby

That's a beautiful screen of cover art. But I doubt it's real I miss his armor in Halo 2, it was much better than Halo 3's armor IMO.

Old 12-05-2012, 01:13 PM   #48
THE DEADLY DOG

Send a message via AIM to THE DEADLY DOG Send a message via MSN to THE DEADLY DOG Send a message via Skype™ to THE DEADLY DOG

Awards Showcase Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Staff - Maximum Clubs Director   Micro Guide - Gold   Submit - Emerald   Subscriber - Bronze   Staff Club - * Clueless *   2,500 Posts   Staff Club - THE DEADLY DOG
Quote:
That's a beautiful screen of cover art. But I doubt it's real I miss his armor in Halo 2, it was much better than Halo 3's armor IMO.
Sometimes fan art is 100x better than the actual box art LOL!

And I absolutely agree about the H2 armor.
Old 12-06-2012, 01:10 AM   #49
Kahn13

TwistOfFate619's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric89 View Post
At this point, if 343i even does make a Halo 2 remake, it'll be a miracle if they include multiplayer that actually runs on the original engine, and not just a map pack for the previous Halo release (i.e. Halo CEA maps for Reach).
They should at least release the multiplayer intact with splitscreen or system link support!

There's no reason why Halo CEA couldn't have had its multiplayer retained still. Not everyone necessarily wants/needs LIVE support. To cut such a feature is such a disappointing waste and given that that release was about reliving the original game itself it'd make perfect sense to have retained the very feature that gave people great memories in the way they had to back then anyway (i.e. splitscreen/link).

Kahn13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:04 PM   #50
Kemaleon

Kemaleon's Gamercard
I agree, multiplayer made the game. The campaign was one of the weakest in the series, with some parts purely an exercise in frustration. Poorly executed skulls and secrets, dodgy pop-in and now I look back some pretty blocky graphics too.

But the best multiplayer maps in the the entire Halo series! Best balancing of weapons, best use of space, simple but effective matchmaking UI, clan support. It was just awesome!

Shame about the net code, at least that has improved....

Oh...
Kemaleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:07 PM   #51
THE DEADLY DOG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahn13 View Post
They should at least release the multiplayer intact with splitscreen or system link support!

There's no reason why Halo CEA couldn't have had its multiplayer retained still. Not everyone necessarily wants/needs LIVE support. To cut such a feature is such a disappointing waste and given that that release was about reliving the original game itself it'd make perfect sense to have retained the very feature that gave people great memories in the way they had to back then anyway (i.e. splitscreen/link).
I've absolutely gotta agree. Split screen made the Halo experience for my friends and I. There was nothing like going to my friend's basement and playing 5v5 with multiple xboxs, and tvs ultimately having an amazing experience.
Old 12-06-2012, 07:49 PM   #52
BiggD

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kemaleon View Post
I agree, multiplayer made the game. The campaign was one of the weakest in the series, with some parts purely an exercise in frustration. Poorly executed skulls and secrets, dodgy pop-in and now I look back some pretty blocky graphics too.
This is purely subjective. Blocky graphics...? It was made in 2004, what do you expect.

Old 12-06-2012, 08:30 PM   #53
LickableLemons7

SublimeThugLife's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - DEG23   Micro Guide - Bronze   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Submit - Bronze   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Quote:
Poorly executed skulls and secrets, dodgy pop-in and now I look back some pretty blocky graphics too.
Something just tells me you haven't played Minecraft.

Blocky graphics right there for you, bro. I don't get why that shit wasn't remade when it was ported to XBLA.
Old 12-06-2012, 09:04 PM   #54
ZingZitang

ZingZitang's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LickableLemons7 View Post
Didn't 343i dismiss Halo 2 Anniversary as a rumor? Besides, I'd rather have everyone at 343i to be hard at work on the rest of The Reclaimer Trilogy instead of remaking a game. Even though CE Anniversary was pretty good.
Not necessarily.

Sabre Interactive Actually did the Development work on Halo CE Anniversary.

And to all the People Assuming they will remake Halo CE Again - I wouldn't get too excited. Besides, did anyone read the whole article?

It seems pretty sketchy to me.

“Burn down your cities and leave our farms, and your cities will spring up again as if by magic; but destroy our farms and the grass will grow in the streets of every city in the country.”
- William Jennings Bryan
ZingZitang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:59 PM   #55
Hottub Cowboy

Hottub Cowboy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Gold
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I hope this is true as I loved Halo 2.
Hottub Cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:06 PM   #56
Kemaleon

Kemaleon's Gamercard
Quote:
This is purely subjective. Blocky graphics...? It was made in 2004, what do you expect.
Same year as MGS: Snake eater, KotOR 2 and Dead or Alive ultimate. Just saying.

But fair enough, I was being a little harsh. I just remember staring at rocks and grass for ages on Halo:CE being amazed and found the H2 textures to be a little bland.

It seems to me that Halo Anniversary just had a texture upgrade (and a few invisi-barriers messed with, the scoundrels). Doing Halo 2 would take the same effort. Would love to play all those maps again, even on system link only but I don't see why they couldn't allow online customs at least.

Sticky King on Midship = best game ever.
Kemaleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:23 PM   #57
BiggD

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
But fair enough, I was being a little harsh. I just remember staring at rocks and grass for ages on Halo:CE being amazed and found the H2 textures to be a little bland.

It seems to me that Halo Anniversary just had a texture upgrade (and a few invisi-barriers messed with, the scoundrels). Doing Halo 2 would take the same effort. Would love to play all those maps again, even on system link only but I don't see why they couldn't allow online customs at least.

Sticky King on Midship = Best game ever.
It's all good. If they do decide to remake Halo 2, I think they should just do an HD remake of the Campaign and list it for $30-40. To re-do the whole Multiplayer too, or even some classic fan-favorite maps like they did for Halo CE Anniversary...well, as fun as it would be, that would just take away from Halo 5 development. Oh, and they best not dare mettle with the glitches from Campaign. I remember skipping half the levels at times from Grenade Jumps and bringing the Banshee into the Control Room and slaughtering Tartarus with it

Bolded for truth!

Old 12-07-2012, 06:17 PM   #58
PendiRulz

PendiRulz's Gamercard
Halo 2 remake would be great! Never played it ...
Old 12-09-2012, 06:32 AM   #59
Destro

Destro WOD's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Right now we pretty much have an Halo every year... but a new MP every 2 year, for exemple ODST used the multi of Halo 3, Halo 1 remake used the multi of Reach and such. Only putting a map pack. So far for me i think its pretty good this way, i hate how i can't even enjoy a MP like COD and prestige a few times before the next one is release... only to be pretty much the same thing with a few perks, killstreaks and a couple gun name change... And worst... releasing 60 bucks out of DLC maps only to change game 5 months later... ahem...

So well to get back on Halo, im sure Halo 5 won't come next year, it would be too quick, so the chances for an Halo 2 remake, or something else but based on the Halo franchise, is high. Maybe Halo Wars 2..., an Halo focused on another character(Lasky, or Palmer.. dunno) but im sure they will release something... Its the trend now to release 1 game a year.. Even Gears of War get a new game only 1 year and a half after GOW3... i wouldn't surprise if they make this a pattern for an annual release later...

Gears of War Legend
Destro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:41 PM   #60
Kerchacopolypse

Kerchacopolypse's Gamercard
Multiplayer remake

they should completely remake the halo 2 multiplayer as it was. Not what they did with CE were they just remade maps
Kerchacopolypse is offline   Reply With Quote