PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Grand Theft Auto V
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-03-2012, 09:19 AM   #1
GeneralGranko

Send a message via Skype™ to GeneralGranko

xX forEV3R Xx's Gamercard
How big?

Hi guys, i have a simple question.
And the question is... they said it will be bigger than GTA:SA + GTA4 + RDR combined, so OK.
But will it be bigger then Just Cause 2? Cause that game is just gigantic!
rockyzz@seznam.cz

Playing now: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (PC)
Need players for:
CoD: BO2 Apocalypse DLC - Easter Egg

GeneralGranko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:26 AM   #2
iBuzz7S

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 2
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Safe to say, no.

No chance it will be that large, unless there is going to be a shit load of empty land.
Old 12-06-2012, 11:54 AM   #3
InsaneKane87

InSAn3 KAn3's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I can't imagine GTA V's map being just as big as Just Cause 2.

Nice post iBuzz7S would be cool tho if RDR's map was there and IV's. Judging by Just Cause 2 map size looks like I should get that game.
Old 12-06-2012, 05:07 PM   #4
Barad
High on Life

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
We don't want it too big now..

FUEL as far as I know has the biggest game map ever interesting to know.

---
10,000 Achievements - 13 July 2014

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 04:06 PM   #5
DarkCrown

DarkCrown JGT's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by B A R 4 D View Post
We don't want it too big now..

FUEL as far as I know has the biggest game map ever interesting to know.

Look at the right of the map , it's mentionned

On topic

It's great that the map will be really huge , but the question is , will it have like a large portion of the map with like just a forest , or something void like that
Old 12-20-2012, 04:16 PM   #6
ChickinOnaChain

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Oh man! I had no idea Just Cause 2 was so huge!!! Still, for what I've seen of GTA 5, it has my interest, which is odd, since I was never interested before in that series. The last Game Informer gets the credit.

ChickinOnaChain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 12:04 AM   #7
InsaneKane87

InSAn3 KAn3's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkCrown View Post
Look at the right of the map , it's mentionned

On topic

It's great that the map will be really huge , but the question is , will it have like a large portion of the map with like just a forest , or something void like that
I do know there will be a forest/woods with wildlife like RDR had if thats what you mean.
Old 12-25-2012, 05:12 AM   #8
Ninja Eagle

Captain Cotchy's Gamercard

APPARENTELY the map is bigger then GTA IV, RDR and GTA San Andreas combined!

Ninja Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 05:52 AM   #9
DOOKH8R

DOOKH8R's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Over Achiever - Bronze   Staff Club - Minty   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 4   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Daggerfall could hold them all.
Old 04-22-2013, 02:39 AM   #10
Deadsea 18

Deadsea 1993's Gamercard

R* have said that the game will be huge,even on a bigger scale then IV,Saandreas,and RDR. But

It will be MUCH MORE DETAILED then all 3 of those games. One of the Head guys said ''There won't be any ''Dead Lands'' like the empty Countryside wilderness or the endless desert that was in Saandreas. Everything in V will be detailed from Top down.'' Proof-A Game Informer 2010 issue.

I don't know if it wold be bigger then all 3 of those games combined,but I do know Id rather have a small yet detailed area rather then a huge whole lotta nothing. Thankfully R* always makes huge open worlds with awesome detail. V will be Huge and detailed.

Check out my alternative rock music. If you like it spread the word it would really help me out.

https://soundcloud.com/soundwasteland

Last edited by Deadsea 18; 04-22-2013 at 02:43 AM.
Deadsea 18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 01:54 PM   #11
Barad
High on Life

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadsea 18 View Post
R* have said that the game will be huge,even on a bigger scale then IV,Saandreas,and RDR. But

It will be MUCH MORE DETAILED then all 3 of those games. One of the Head guys said ''There won't be any ''Dead Lands'' like the empty Countryside wilderness or the endless desert that was in Saandreas. Everything in V will be detailed from Top down.'' Proof-A Game Informer 2010 issue.

I don't know if it wold be bigger then all 3 of those games combined,but I do know Id rather have a small yet detailed area rather then a huge whole lotta nothing. Thankfully R* always makes huge open worlds with awesome detail. V will be Huge and detailed.

I liked how around every corner there was a building or some sort of structure in IV no huge empty spots. If they can pull off a huge and detailed map at the same time in V then I'll be impressed.

---
10,000 Achievements - 13 July 2014

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 05:22 PM   #12
XoNiNjAlEoNoX

That's what she asked.

Just another freak, in the freak kingdom.
XoNiNjAlEoNoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 01:47 AM   #13
DEG23
Wanderlusting

DEG23 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Donator - Level 5   CABS Beta Tester   Staff - Moderator   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Rajeanero   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Staff Club - Shinobi273
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
Quote:
I liked how around every corner there was a building or some sort of structure in IV no huge empty spots. If they can pull off a huge and detailed map at the same time in V then I'll be impressed.
I think that's easier to do in an urban environment. Like you said GTAIV was impressive, no wasted space but I'm interested to see how R* pull it off for the country side part of the GTAV map.
DEG23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:22 AM   #14
InsaneKane87

InSAn3 KAn3's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEG23 View Post
I think that's easier to do in an urban environment. Like you said GTAIV was impressive, no wasted space but I'm interested to see how R* pull it off for the country side part of the GTAV map.
To you both. I've probably said this before somewhere around on the GTA posts but, GTA IV felt claustrophobic to me at times. The way everything felt so confined and pushed together on what looked like a small island from a helicopter. It was great, because it had a lot of life and felt so real. Also, felt quite limited to what you could do as well. In SA you had both options to stay in the city or go out to the desert/country side with more room to do whatever.

So that's why I was mixed about the no wasted space part, I felt more city life could of been added. I love that V will have both what SA had and that leaves the door open for so much fun, not forgetting jumping out the car too. So, IV's no wasted space was good, but a little room to go crazy would have been nice. Maybe it's just me, but it's just how I feel.

@JORDAN K 95 That's exactly what I mean as well. Let's not forget that the music was also better as well, a good variety too.

Last edited by InsaneKane87; 04-26-2013 at 01:31 PM.
InsaneKane87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 11:06 AM   #15
JORDAN K 95

Send a message via Skype™ to JORDAN K 95

JORDAN K 95's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
dosent bother me too much, i just want variety

san andreas was great, you had the desert, forest/country lakes, hills, mountains, airports, towns citys, highways, military base

and on gta4 you have 1 airport, city roads.

playing san andreas the other day made me realise how much better than gta4 it is. i love just driving though the desert and country, driving up hills and mountains, flying around, i really hope we see more of this in gta 5

Thanks for the sig Gackt

BF4 RANK:
JORDAN K 95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 04:45 PM   #16
GeneralGranko

Send a message via Skype™ to GeneralGranko

xX forEV3R Xx's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by JORDAN K 95 View Post
dosent bother me too much, i just want variety

san andreas was great, you had the desert, forest/country lakes, hills, mountains, airports, towns citys, highways, military base

and on gta4 you have 1 airport, city roads.

playing san andreas the other day made me realise how much better than gta4 it is. i love just driving though the desert and country, driving up hills and mountains, flying around, i really hope we see more of this in gta 5
Yeah, I really didn´t like GTA IV at all, but SA is one of the best games ever made, atleast for me. GTA V is definitely going to be epic and awesome.
rockyzz@seznam.cz

Playing now: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (PC)
Need players for:
CoD: BO2 Apocalypse DLC - Easter Egg

GeneralGranko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 02:26 AM   #17
Deadsea 18

Deadsea 1993's Gamercard

Quote:
Yeah the guy said that the game would be detailed like GTA IV,but even more detailed then that game. So Needless to say when I have that game in my hand putting it in my 360, I'm gonna feel like a dog with a bone.

Not really liking this whole ''Saandreas is better then IV'' vibe. Come on guys R* made and published both so theres no point in people making it a whole ''Treyarch VS Infinity Ward'' type thing.

I have heard so many times over the years Saandreas is better then GTA IV. Personally I love both but I found it much more fun messing around in IV. The death animations of Niko,Driving,the funny NPCS and their rants,The many mini games,the whole realism type thing. But Saandreas is amazing too. Why cant we love both ?

Check out my alternative rock music. If you like it spread the word it would really help me out.

https://soundcloud.com/soundwasteland

Last edited by Deadsea 18; 05-02-2013 at 02:31 AM.
Deadsea 18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 02:34 AM   #18
DarkZ0m

Fu2 Darkz0m's Gamercard
6 inc.. wait nevermind.

100%: 52
Latest: Portal 2
Most Anticipated Game: Dying Light

Updated: March/20/2014
DarkZ0m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 05:49 AM   #19
DEG23
Wanderlusting

DEG23 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Donator - Level 5   CABS Beta Tester   Staff - Moderator   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Rajeanero   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Staff Club - Shinobi273
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneKane87 View Post
To you both. I've probably said this before somewhere around on the GTA posts but, GTA IV felt claustrophobic to me at times.
I take it you're not familiar with urban development? Cities are supposed to feel like that I took the thing about wasted space as creating an environment that felt real. In GTAIV even empty alleyways had trash and dumpsters etc which created a sense of realism. To me SA had too many empty places, just trees and rocks. Driving across the bridge from San Fiero and being met with an empty desert didn't feel right. If GTA5 includes 'empty' areas but includes a lot of detail than it would create a sense of realism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneKane87 View Post
@JORDAN K 95 That's exactly what I mean as well. Let's not forget that the music was also better as well, a good variety too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JORDAN K 95 View Post
Have to disagree with you both. The deserts, countryside areas were fun for about 2 minutes, once I realized that there was absolutely nothing to do, I made my way back to the city. Even driving the combine harvester was only fun for about a minute, that's when you take it to the city and start harvesting those city folk. Despite not having deserts and a giant hill, I spent more time playing GTA4 than SA, this is largely due to the more detailed/vibrant city. Same goes for music, simply given that GTAIV had more music across a wider selection I would say that GTAIV had the better soundtrack.

I'm not saying GTAIV as a whole was better but it seems a lot of people are quick to say GTAIV was bad because it didn't have planes or jetpacks. So often people complain that games are repetitive and developers don't come up with any new ideas, yet when Rockstar went in a new direction with the series, people criticized this and asked that GTAV be more like SA.

To me trying to compare the 2 is difficult because they are so vastly different. So I'm always confused when people say SA was the better game, unless of course you are saying, in your opinion, you thought SA was your more enjoyable game.
DEG23 is offline   Reply With Quote