Ultimate XBA FAQ

Yunder

XBAFAQ7.png

This thread should clear up some of those common questions when new users first look around on the forum. If you have any questions, search below and hopefully you'll find your answer.

SPAM PRECAUTION

Due to the arrival of Spam bots, new users won't be able to edit any of their profile details until they first hit 5 posts. This means: signatures, profile pictures, avatars, gamertags, etc. If you attempt to edit any of your details, you will be presented with this message until you hit 5 posts:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?

If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

If you keep seeing this message, don't fret! Posting is easy, and there are tons of threads that you can post in. Posts in the Off Topic section of the forums do not count toward your total post count (Why do you need five posts to edit your details). In addition, if you are caught spamming to 5 posts, not only will your posts be deleted, you may be issued an infraction or even a ban. You will keep seeing that message until you hit 5 posts, so once you do, you can edit your details.

========================================

Getting Started: Some of the most commonly asked questions users have, is dealing with their profile. The information below will answer all your questions about the site's features.

Posts & Threads

Before jumping into the forums and posting everywhere, always check the search function. There are certain threads in each game's forum.

• Don't double post
  • Abusive posts won't be tolerated
  • Don't bump threads
  • Search before you post

These four rules are just the basic of the forum rules. You can view the rest of the forum rules here.

Profiles

Posting

Road Map & Guide Writing

Reporting Issues:

Broken/Missing

Member Issues

After reading through these threads, you should be an expert in working your way through the forums. Plus, you'll be on your way to making threads, writing guides, and overall providing more information to help the site grow.

Getting Tech:

There are bound to be technical problems when playing your xbox, or dealing with your internet. The following threads will provide solid information to help with your problems. However, if these threads can't resolve your problem, post in the forum below you may find your answer there.

Graphics/Media:

If you would like a custom avatar or signature made, x360a has its own forum for all of its artists. You can ask in here for anything custom, or if you have questions regarding tutorials or anything else, this is the best place to ask.

Game Related: Any information regarding any game can be found within these threads.

Each game has its own forum, as well. If you can't find an answer to a question within one of the listed threads above, try a Game's own forum. You may find you answer there.

Edited by bLaKgRaVy

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Staff

You can contact any member of staff through their profile links. Please remember that each staff member here is here voluntarily and may take some time to respond. Each and every one of them have lives outside this forum. Thanks.

Admins/Mods

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/images/awards/ADMIN-L.pngCT-supermod-64.pnghttp://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/images/awards/MOD-L.png

Admins

-RoutineX (Coding and Site Management)

-Webb (Editor-in-Chief)

-The Pants Party (Front Page Administrator - Achievement List & Game Info Admin)

-bplayak (Community Manager / Forum Administrator - Community Team Admin)

Super Moderators

-Corrupt.

-Jester Stephan

-Barad

-THE DEADLY DOG

Moderators

-Corrupt. (Team Lead)

-StayonTarget

-bigbear.

-Dirty130

-Metabolic XBA

-Puzzler

-TemporalWizard

-bLaKgRaVy

-troy0891

Other Staff

CT-ExecA-64.pngstaff-projectcoordinator-64.pngCT-graphics-64.pngguideawardbig.pnghttp://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/images/awards/CLUBSDIRECTOR-L.pnghttp://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/images/awards/CET-staff.pnghttp://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/images/awards/Staff-fps-award.png

Each member of these teams takes care of specific branches of the forum. You can ask them any questions you may have regarding their area of expertise.

Executive Assistant

-Jester Stephan

Project Coordinator

-troy0891

Graphics Team

-Fishman (Team Lead)

Guide Team

-bLaKgRaVy (Team Lead)

-TemporalWizard

-Andrew x360a

-BiggD

-Just AmazN

-Corrupt.

Maximum Club Directors

-Dirty130 (Team Lead)

-Puzzler

-NShepherd N7

-Sasquach11235

-BlackoutCal

-Barad

-THE DEADLY DOG

Events Team

-StayonTarget (Team Lead)

-Metabolic XBA

-Dirty130

-bigbear.

-Edword

-NShepherd N7

Front Page Staff

-Webb

-The Pants Party

-jackanape

-Richie82

-LeeBradley

-DarkxMaterials

Edited by bLaKgRaVy
Staff Changes

General FAQ Questions

Q: I received a message from someone regarding free Microsoft points. This is real, right?

A: Always remember this saying when on the internet; "If it seems too good to be true, then it probably is." If you receive a message regarding this, delete it immediately. The person in question is (more than likely) attempting to access your account somehow. DO NOT ever pass information to other users.

Q: Why do I get this message when I search: 'Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms'?

A: It means that your search was too general. Try to refine your search using key words. If your looking for a certain thread of a certain game, go to that Game's forum.

Q: How do I display my XBA gamercard in my sig?

A: Refer to this thread for more information.

Q: Why did my signature get deleted?

A: Your signature was deleted because it was too big. Site regulations are having a signature of 500px by 300px. Having it any larger is too big, and will be removed. It also may have been seen inappropriate towards users.

Q: How do I earn the XBA Promoter/Representer award/s?

A: To earn these awards, you will need to be a part of the XBA Ambassador program. To become a promoter, you will need to enter "xboxachievements.com" into your motto, and incorporate "XBA" into your gamertag to become a representer. For more information, you can view this thread.

Q: How does XBA get the achievements to games so soon?

A: This is a firm secret to XBA not known to anyone except a few key people.

Q: I submitted some colored achievement icons. Why didn't I get credit?

A: Someone probably beat you to it. The Submit forum receives hundreds of submissions every day. Most are going to be duplicates.

Q: I wrote a guide for the site, why hasn't it been put up yet?

A: The Guide Team receives guides from every single game available. When a new game comes out, there may be more than one guide submitted. When this happens, the best information is taken from each guide and then added to the site. This process takes a little bit longer, but both users get credit when it goes up.

Q: I see a little Nuclear button http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/images/X360A/buttons/report.gif below someone's post. What does this do?

A: This is the report button. Whenever you see a post on the forum and you realize that it breaks the rules, hit that little button and fill out a short description of the post. The moderators will handle the situation shortly.

Q: Is there a way I can keep track of threads that I've viewed on the forums?

A: Actually, there is. When you view a thread, you can view "Thread Tools" right above the top post. Under "Thread Tools," there is an option to "subscribe" to the thread. When you subscribe to a thread, you can view it when checking UserCP. When someone posts in the thread and you have yet to read it, it will show up in the UserCP. You can also unsubscribe from the thread from the same "Thread Tools" option.

Q: What are those 5 stars underneath my username and how do I make it go up?

A: The 5 star section below your username deals with how many posts you have made on the forums. The higher your post count, the higher your rank will be. Check out this link for a more detailed list on the ranks.

Q: Why boost achievements? Isn't that like, cheating or something?

A: Boosting, when we're talking about it, is people working together to fulfill the requirements for achievements in the fastest, easiest way possible. This normally applies to multiplayer achievements. Boosting is not deemed cheating by Microsoft since it does not circumvent game play or involve modifying files or anything else. As to why? Well, while ones gamerscore may not translate into anything in real life, it does feel nice having a game "completed."

Also, Pavlov. Who doesn't like the sound it makes when achievements pop?

Edited by Jester Stephan
Added Report Post image.

We do have one. However, since its creation, there have been thread updates and staff changes, etc. I've updated all the links/staff changes. I thought I'd create a new thread rather than ask a mod to change each and every link. Also, considering the fact that the creator of that is a banned member, I thought it looked....suspicious. If the moderators feel as thought this thread is worthless, than they can choose to delete it.

Yeah don't get me wrong I like this update and I agree with Fizz being a banned user making it look a little odd :p

A few more links to be corrected from the staff part: The Pants Party (Guide & Review), Madhatters13 (Club Directors) and KillerBEA (Club Directors).

The Quick/Easy 1000s thread that you have linked has been locked since it's inactivity since December 2010. A new fresh one is located here: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=286407

I think you should link also the WP7 Easy Games thread: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=323617

Your "Capture Gameplay" link takes to the same thread than the link above it (Configure Router). Correct link here: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=162727

Excellent thread Yunder!

My thoughts:

There were way too many stickies (10+)... no wonder new members didn't know where to look.

I've unstuck many that aren't frequented by new members, but are all linked within this Ultimate FAQ.

The way I see it - this Ultimate FAQ is more for our regulars who seek specific info, those who already know how our forums work.

So it shouldn't be a problem for us to find this (unstickied) info through this Ultimate FAQ. The only problem would be with those who are new, but having 12 stickies on the front page obviously wasn't working either.

Cheers! ;)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I guess this is where I ask this...

Is there a way to delete games from the "My Achievements" section of my profile? I sold some games that I never played and can't seem to remove them from the list. I tried disabling the "My360Achievements" of the individual games, but it still shows up in "My Achievements".

I guess this is where I ask this...

Is there a way to delete games from the "My Achievements" section of my profile? I sold some games that I never played and can't seem to remove them from the list. I tried disabling the "My360Achievements" of the individual games, but it still shows up in "My Achievements".

In the top left-hand corner, you can see a link to "My Checklists." Heading here will show you each individual checklist you've started. There will be a check mark as well as a red "X" next to each one. Selecting the X will delete the list. You can see more information about My360Achievements here.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Scotty
This is a very helpful FAQ.

I do have one question which I hope someone will be able to answer for me hoping it hasn't been answered somewhere else.

In regards to the 5 Stars under a username and the title above it.

(Rookie, Monarch, Elder).

Is there a list of what they actually stand for as in 50 posts gets you rookie, 1000 posts gets you monarch etc...

Thank you in advance.

here is a list with all of the member ranks on it;

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/faq.php?faq=general#faq_rankings

This is a very helpful FAQ.

I do have one question which I hope someone will be able to answer for me hoping it hasn't been answered somewhere else.

In regards to the 5 Stars under a username and the title above it.

(Rookie, Monarch, Elder).

Is there a list of what they actually stand for as in 50 posts gets you rookie, 1000 posts gets you monarch etc...

Thank you in advance.

Good question. Added to the FAQ.