PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Assassin's Creed III
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-04-2012, 07:37 AM   #1
Josh Brown

BrownyBaby7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
How the hell do you win fanoroma!?

Ive been trying to beat the black guy at the homestead for a few hours last night, i ended up smashing my control into about 100 pieces because it was pissing me off that much.

Is there a step by step guide anywhere? I know there is a program you can use on the internet so its AI vs AI but surely theres a guide to follow to beat each of his moves somewhere? I havent managed to find one yet, but if anyone can help me out with this and save me another controller id appriciate it!
Old 12-04-2012, 02:14 PM   #2
Tortyreus

Tortyreus's Gamercard
You don't. It's really rare to win, you need to have one lucky move and have him make one stupid move and then you have a slight chance of winning. But even when it looks incredibly good on the board, he might make one move that'll take 9 of your pieces, like he did with me. *small spoiler* I was so fucking glad that old fart died.

Just play the game over and over again and eventually you will get it, this might take a while though..
There is no guide because the first couple of moves the AI does are random, so if you do find a guide it will take a while before your AI does the same as the one in the guide.

On a side note, I'm happy I'm not the only one destroying a controller over an AC game, personally I smashed my controller while playing ACB MP... There is a special sort of frustration present at all AC games that makes me rage so much even though these games are my favorite ones (minus this one...).
Tortyreus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 02:24 PM   #3
ColdSpider72

ColdSpider72's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 1   Over Achiever - Silver   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Read through this thread (still sitting on the first page):
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=395908

Actually READ the responses posted in the thread, don't just watch the video. There are a ton of extra tips and a couple of followup videos in the next couple pages of the thread.
ColdSpider72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 02:38 PM   #4
pineappletree

KaosGeneral's Gamercard
Nope, i was rejoicing when that old bastard copped it as well, im having problems with the bowls and draughts (chequers). Im giving up for a few weeks otherwise im going to destroy yet another controller
Old 12-04-2012, 02:51 PM   #5
SweetBlackMagic

SweetBlackMagic's Gamercard
Morris was much more frustrating for me than Fanoroma. Twice I had him down to his final three pieces without losing one of mine...he beat me the first time and got me down to three myself before I finally beat him. He made an incredibly stupid move at the end...instead of bringing a piece back to form a mill he moved a piece somewhere completely random. That's how I got his third piece and ended the game.

I almost won my very first game of Fanoroma at the homestead. I think it took me a total of five games to win. My best tip is to just try and find the path that will give you the best "combo" move. I took out almost his entire back row of pieces with a four-move combo. After that, it was just a matter of time. Also, I read that if you go first, always move vertical because it leads to quicker games. Sure, you may lose more pieces but at least it will speed things up...even if you lose.

One thing to note is that I didn't even attempt those games until the regular story was over...so obviously I didn't play Achilles. Have no idea if that mattered or not.

Good luck!
Old 12-04-2012, 05:47 PM   #6
Rolks

rolks's Gamercard
To beat Morris, I found it easier to trap all his pieces rather than drop him to two. If you go second, then he can get the easy first piece, but then you can get the upper hand much more easily than if you go first. Once I he was at 4, and I had at least 2 or 3 more then him, I just kept moving around the board until I trapped all his pieces.
Rolks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:50 AM   #7
Tortyreus

Tortyreus's Gamercard
Seems like a lot of people have destroyed their controllers

Morris is easy to win, it's a shitty game with always the same outcome, you're doing great and then he destroys you because he can move anywhere
Here's my tip for a 100% sure win when you're both at 3 pieces. DON'T EVER ACCEPT A TIE! Just place 2 pieces in 2 opposing corners, one in the upper right and one in the lower left, as long as they're in corners it's good. Then place you're third piece upper left corner, this way there are 2 openingsto win and he can move only one piece. Now place your piece inbetween the otherc2 and you've won.
Since he's a computer he won't see this as a threat because technically it isn't. This is a guaranteed win.
I know it's not a Fanorona tip but that's impossible to help with, seems conpletely random and pretty glitchy too.
Tortyreus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 06:05 PM   #8
CIF

BloodngunsMrphy's Gamercard
Follow this post and you'll get it:
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...35#post5393035

Also:

Last edited by CIF; 12-05-2012 at 06:10 PM.
CIF is offline   Reply With Quote