PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-04-2012, 04:12 PM   #1
FighterHawk

Fighter Hawk's Gamercard
Is dlc worth it?

I loved the game but after i beat it on both my accounts (1000g) I kinda lost interest bc there really wasn't anything to do.

But for this dlc i have to pay basically $40. Thats ridiculous!!!!

Is it worth my time? I dont have the game but i could get it. was level 76 and 54
Old 12-04-2012, 05:35 PM   #2
Blade687

Eternal Pumpkin's Gamercard
I'm not sure about Dragonborn but I wouldn't say Dawnguard is worth 1600. Seeing as they have already had the DLC on sale once already I would probably wait until they go on sale again or a complete edition gets released.
Blade687 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:55 PM   #3
ChickinOnaChain

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
To me, if I really like the game, I'll get the DLC. Of course I've been disappointed a few times but not enough to make me stop getting them.

And yes, I plan on getting the newest DLC at some point.

ChickinOnaChain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:06 PM   #4
couch slouch 2

couch slouch 2's Gamercard
I thought Dragonborn was really fun. Easily the best DLC for Skyrim so far. If the cost was an issue for me (and I was paying real money it) I would skip Dawngaurd and just get Dragonborn.

p.s. I don't pay for DLC or Arcade games. Just sign up for the Bing Rewards program and receive points which can be redeemed for Microsoft points. All you have to do is search with Bing and have a live/hotmail/msn account.
Old 12-11-2012, 05:41 AM   #5
FallenNow

Location: Under your bed.. Awaiting for the perfect time to pounce..

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I loved Dawnguard, just finished the DLC an hour ago. It's worth $20. Haven't played Dragonborn yet, but I've visited the location and it looks awesome.
Old 12-11-2012, 07:39 AM   #6
Akir388

Akir388's Gamercard

My two cents....

Dragonborn? Hell yes!

Dawnguard? I'd recommend it, for sure.

Hearthfire? If you are a huge Skyrim fan that must play every DLC they put out (like me) even if it is essentially just Sims, Skyrim style.... then yes.

Sig made by Gackt
Akir388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:09 AM   #7
Cann0nSen5ei

Cann0nSen5ei's Gamercard
Skyrim's DLC is definitely worth it, just be mindful of bugs/glitches for the first week or two.
Hearthfire is also reserved for the Sims fan.
Old 12-11-2012, 05:36 PM   #8
Jet1337

Jet1337's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FighterHawk View Post
I loved the game but after i beat it on both my accounts (1000g) I kinda lost interest bc there really wasn't anything to do.

But for this dlc i have to pay basically $40. Thats ridiculous!!!!

Is it worth my time? I dont have the game but i could get it. was level 76 and 54
If you still haven't decided within the past week, I'd say go ahead and get everything but Hearthfire unless you really want to spend $5 on a pc mod.

Bug-wise, Dawnguard is mostly clean. My game froze a few times while running around for long periods of time as a werewolf and vampire lord. You'll get the usual bugs and glitches with the new crossbow such as shooting it and your shot and the sounds along with it coming seconds later, but I guess that's what you and I get for playing on the sucksbox 360 with it's shitty hardware. Everything else is good and there is plenty to do to keep you busy and coming back.

I've had far less bugs with Dragonborn. It's really fun and a lot better than Dawnguard, as you get to re-explore Solstheim. Definitely get this one over Dawnguard if you have to pick.
Old 12-12-2012, 03:50 AM   #9
MewMew

MewMew34's Gamercard

DLC is definitely worth getting, and ignore everyone saying Hearthfire is like the Sims. It's not like the Sims just because you make the house instead of buying it. By that logic getting any house in Skyrim is like the Sims because you can buy pre-made pre-furnished houses in Sims, too. It just adds a bit more role play to the game.

I haven't played the new DLC yet. Don't have the money to get it for my 360 so I have to wait until it's out on PC when the roommate will likely buy it.

MewMew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:53 AM   #10
guillermo316

Fantasychampion's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
1. Dragonborn 2.dawnguard 3.maingame 4. hearthfire

ScOoP!

guillermo316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 08:02 PM   #11
E11I077H

ThatCoolTroll's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by couch slouch 2 View Post
I thought Dragonborn was really fun. Easily the best DLC for Skyrim so far. If the cost was an issue for me (and I was paying real money it) I would skip Dawngaurd and just get Dragonborn.

p.s. I don't pay for DLC or Arcade games. Just sign up for the Bing Rewards program and receive points which can be redeemed for Microsoft points. All you have to do is search with Bing and have a live/hotmail/msn account.
Thanks, going to give this a try for sure! I signed up ages ago for the XBL Rewards program except, i only get given 10 MS points per month.

Also with the question i would say Yes, i spent $70 bucks buying the DLC in Australia, just so i could play it. Dawnguard is not that great, except that you will love the new (won't spoil) 'weapons'. And also the Vampire and Werewolf perks are also great, so whenever you are in a dungeon, you just switch to a Lord or a Werewolf and you easily rip into it.

Hope this helps
E11I077H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 04:41 PM   #12
SyntheticDr3ams

SyntheticDr3ams's Gamercard
in skyrim it is hit or miss, Dragonborn i think so but heathfire wasn't worth the money for me, but i'm going to use the Bing thing i just heard about (thank by the way).
SyntheticDr3ams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 07:59 PM   #13
BloodGodAlucard

BloodGodAlucard's Gamercard

I enjoyed all of the DLC so far. Dawnguard was a lot of fun. I enjoy playing as a vampire lord. The new locations, items, characters, and quests are all pretty cool also.

Hearthfire was nice for a cheap DLC. I own every house in the game, but it's nice to be able to build one to my specifications and customize it a little. Moving on the other hand was an absolute nightmare. I really wish there was a spell that temporarily removed encumbrance. I had to use the horse fast travel trick. And even then the menus were so lagged that it took a couple hours just to unload everything.

Dragonborn was a really nice expansion. It's definitely the best DLC for Skyrim so far. The storyline was really cool. And I enjoyed the new quests, items, etc. The ability to ride dragons wasn't as cool as I'd hoped though. It was still enjoyable enough getting that achievement though. Although I doubt I'll ever do it again.

Overall I'd recommend all of them.

Completed: 74 Retail Games and 7 Arcade Games

Proudest Completion to Date: Dark Souls 1000/1000 on Xbox 360 and 1000/1000 on PC
BloodGodAlucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 12:38 AM   #14
Jarovic

As with the Oblivion's DLCs, they are extremely fun to play, but once you finish them and get the achievements (unless you simply love the game to death) you won't touch them again. If you are a huge fan of Skyrim I would get the DLCs, Hearthfire is the only one where it really is just paying for achievements. But I really enjoyed them, the Dawnguard questing and battles were some of the best that I have played since Morrowind.
Jarovic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 02:53 PM   #15
XxStuartxX 1990

iRenegadeknight's Gamercard
Wait!!!

It is going on sale on the last day of the X-Mas Live promotion.
Old 02-09-2013, 03:04 AM   #16
Slaughter.
Wot r u casul??!??

Cpt Slaugh7er's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Dragonborn: Definite yes
Dawnguard: Sure
Hearthfire: Yes only because it's 400 Microsoft points.
Old 02-11-2013, 11:08 PM   #17
mithrandir2398

mithrandir2398's Gamercard
Hearthfire is really buggy. Every time I leave my houses, everything inside resets. I can go in there and take everything, leave and when I go back inside, everything I took will be right back in its place. If I didn't have the 100,000 gold achievement, it would be a cinch after this DLC.
mithrandir2398 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 08:27 PM   #18
pined5551

Traveller Nick's Gamercard

All half off next week Time to get onto Dragonborn. I'll get Hearthfire for the sake of completion but I don't really want it.
pined5551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:40 PM   #19
ecto69

ecto69's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by pined5551 View Post
All half off next week Time to get onto Dragonborn. I'll get Hearthfire for the sake of completion but I don't really want it.
Is that for Xbox?

I know it will be on sale for PS3 this week and next 2.
Old 07-10-2013, 07:58 PM   #20
WOLVES R SWEET

WOLFrostBITE's Gamercard
well it's worth the achievements but if you don't care for those then don't get the dlc unless you want to see what the dlc has to offer
WOLVES R SWEET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 03:13 AM   #21
Pressure

Anatumy's Gamercard
Bethesda DLC goes on sale very often...If you're stressing over this, (which you shouldn't because the DLC is well worth it) just wait. In total I've spent 22.50 on Skyrim. I received the game for free and I bought all of the DLC at 50% off.
Pressure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 08:23 PM   #22
newbsicle

zymotic's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
See if you can rent it from somewhere and just use the second disc to get all the dlc. Maybe a friend for family member has it? All you have to do is download the DLC from disc two and you never need it ever again.
Old 08-08-2013, 09:29 AM   #23
Destro

Destro WOD's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Is DLC worth it? Thats like asking if Kate Beckinsale is hot....

Seriously, both DLC are worth over 15 hours of gameplay EASILY, probably more if you do everything, and they cost merely 20 bucks at full price... Those DLC are longer than some complete games... of course you got to like Skyrim tough, but if you do, yeah there totally worth it, especially when they go on sale.

And Dragonborn added SO MUCH fun stuff like Apocrypha's Black Books that i would had love to add before, at the beginning of the game... too bad that cool stuff only appeared when i had finish the main game. At least i still didn't do Dawnguard ... so i could use them while doing it

Gears of War Legend
Destro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 11:20 AM   #24
PsychoKnight666

PsychoKnight666's Gamercard
Was wondering weather to get Dragonborn dlc already have Dawnguard ... But after reading this thread sounds like I should get Dragonborn .... Might get Heathfire just to use up the last of my M$ points ... And as I'm still in the early game with a lvl 14 dark elf should add abit of choice and fun to the game ... Just completed top of the world (shouts) main story.

PsychoKnight666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 07:27 AM   #25
Chickenii

A BLACK CHICKEN's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoKnight666 View Post
Was wondering weather to get Dragonborn dlc already have Dawnguard ... But after reading this thread sounds like I should get Dragonborn .... Might get Heathfire just to use up the last of my M$ points ... And as I'm still in the early game with a lvl 14 dark elf should add abit of choice and fun to the game ... Just completed top of the world (shouts) main story.
You could go to a red box or something and just rent the legendary edition of the game. Should come with a second DLC disc which you can download to your system, then return.
Chickenii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 12:29 PM   #26
PsychoKnight666

PsychoKnight666's Gamercard
Brought the dlc and was not enjoying it so uninstalled it ... Which meant I had to restart my game .... Most prob reinstall it when I'm further into the game to get the achievements

PsychoKnight666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 02:16 AM   #27
Deadsea 18

Deadsea 1993's Gamercard

Well Ill pass. I put in 97 hours right now and only at 44

Check out my alternative rock music. If you like it spread the word it would really help me out.

https://soundcloud.com/soundwasteland
Deadsea 18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 07:55 PM   #28
Harry98

HP98's Gamercard
The Legendary edition is much better value than getting the dlc off the console, but what's even better is if you can get the dlc disk from someone you know, as you can simply install the dlc off the disk as many times as you want at no additional cost.
Harry98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 12:23 AM   #29
iceniggles

iceNiggles's Gamercard
Dlc is so worth it, loads of fun
iceniggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 08:06 PM   #30
Dellfis

Dellfis's Gamercard
Thumbs up

skyrim dlc's are super fun. bought all, finished all
Dellfis is offline   Reply With Quote