PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > LEGO Lord of the Rings
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-05-2012, 09:20 PM   #1
Stint01

Stint01's Gamercard
Unable to obtain 100% because of a glitch?

I just want to make people aware that i wrote to travellers tales regarding the glitch/bug that prevents getting to 100%, in my case it was that i was unable to get one final mythrl brick because on one of the levels i had collected 4/3 treasure items and it reset to 0/3 when at the level finish screen.

Anyway they gave me codes to unlock all collectors items such as bricks, characters etc and therefore unlock any missing items and all the achievements in the process.

Go to the travellers tales website and click the contact tab and send a message detailing your issue and they will reply pretty much straight away.

I dont really want to put the codes up because anybody could just buy the game today, enter all the codes and unlock everything and it kinda defeats the whole point. i was at 99.2% and had no way of completing the game other than starting again.
Stint01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:22 PM   #2
Stint01

Stint01's Gamercard
oh and they did say a patch is being developed but couldnt give any sort of timeframe
Old 12-06-2012, 01:07 AM   #3
jpg30

jpg30's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stint01 View Post
I just want to make people aware that i wrote to travellers tales regarding the glitch/bug that prevents getting to 100%, in my case it was that i was unable to get one final mythrl brick because on one of the levels i had collected 4/3 treasure items and it reset to 0/3 when at the level finish screen.

Anyway they gave me codes to unlock all collectors items such as bricks, characters etc and therefore unlock any missing items and all the achievements in the process.

Go to the travellers tales website and click the contact tab and send a message detailing your issue and they will reply pretty much straight away.

I dont really want to put the codes up because anybody could just buy the game today, enter all the codes and unlock everything and it kinda defeats the whole point. i was at 99.2% and had no way of completing the game other than starting again.
they never sent me a code when i sent them an email, just a reply asking about what percentage i was on and the problem i had in the game.

did the code they sent you unlock the 3 treasure quest items that had glitched 4/3 then 0/3.

im hoping they may send me a code for the track the hobbits levels, i had the same problem as you and told them about it so im hoping that they may send me a code as i was on 99.2% it was only the 1 brick for getting those 3 items on that level that was stopiing me from getting 100%

how long did you have to wait for the code once you sent them the email?
jpg30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:01 AM   #4
Stint01

Stint01's Gamercard
They sent me 5 codes within 15 minutes, im not sure what they all do as when you enter them it doesnt give a description, but im sure they just unlock everything but saying that the first code i tapped in popped all the achievements i was missing related to collectibles.
Old 12-06-2012, 07:57 PM   #5
Links249

Links24's Gamercard
that's awesome they did that. it would be better if they just patched it for future problems so they don't get spammed with messages about the glitches. ill send them a message and see if they help me out as well if not i guess i have to start playing again.
Links249 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:28 PM   #6
Earthbind

Earthbind's Gamercard
I also have the same problem (0/3 treasures but i have all the items in my inventory) and I also sent them an e-mail. Did not get any codes but all they did was ask me about my percentage.

I'm at 98,8% right now and the only thing I miss is the last Mithril Brick for getting 3/3 treasures on the The Dead Marshes. By getting that last brick everything else is a matter of a snowball effect and everything else will unlock.

I sent them another mail with a detailed description of what I have and don't have and what might be glitched or not. Hopefully that will get them to help me and send me some codes.

This is so frustrating!!!
Earthbind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:39 PM   #7
jpg30

jpg30's Gamercard

i had to be on 99% and made sure i had done everything possible in the game like collecting, etc.

i got 5 codes from TT games and the 1st code unlocked the brick i was missing due to the glitch i mentioned in an earlier post and the brick then unlocked the last 4 achievements i needed as the brick was tied those 4 achievements.
Old 12-08-2012, 06:03 PM   #8
i fist brown i

i fist brown i's Gamercard

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=403560

As you can see through this thread, i encountered the glitch awhile ago. I contacted TT but have not received any reply (its been 3 days) i sent them another email, but idk their hours, and im afraid they're off weekends.

is there any way you guys could just PM me the message?

Spoiler! (click here to reveal)

i fist brown i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 09:13 PM   #9
Miley

include Miley's Gamercard
This glitch happened to me as well on Tracking Hobbits and I'm stuck at 99,4%. I contacted TT but no reply yet, It's been 4 days now. I would really appreciate if any of you could send me the codes in a PM.
Miley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 05:34 PM   #10
SgtSnyder88

Sgt Snyder 88's Gamercard
seconded

yea same here, if anyone has the codes. stuck at 99.2% Weathertop showing 0/3 treasure but they're all in my inventory. emailed tt, nothing yet
SgtSnyder88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 06:11 PM   #11
jpg30

jpg30's Gamercard

haven't got my codes anymore as i deleted them, here is who i emailed though.

sam delaney.

Last edited by jpg30; 12-10-2012 at 04:19 PM. Reason: asked to remove address by the address holder.
Old 12-10-2012, 02:37 PM   #12
SgtSnyder88

Sgt Snyder 88's Gamercard
response

just got emailed a response from sdelany @ tt games, they didn't give me any codes but told me they were working on a patch though they don't know when they'll release it
SgtSnyder88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:51 PM   #13
Stint01

Stint01's Gamercard
I've sent a PM with the codes to you guys... anyone else wanting them just send me a message.

i have a feeling that the codes will only work if you are at 99% completion or above, if i can confirm this ill just put the codes up
Old 12-10-2012, 10:24 PM   #14
mksystem74

mksystem74's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Quote:
I've sent a PM with the codes to you guys... anyone else wanting them just send me a message.

i have a feeling that the codes will only work if you are at 99% completion or above, if i can confirm this ill just put the codes up
I'm at 67% right now, I can test it out and get back to you. I'd rather return this game to Gamefly sooner because its not as fun as previous Lego Games imo.

Plus Free play keeps glitching on me... that or Im not doing things right.
mksystem74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:18 PM   #15
Stint01

Stint01's Gamercard
no worries ive tested it out and they wont work unless you are at 99% or above, ive started a new thread with the codes but ill put them here too...

W5eJvP
rypwVd
z5FKXM
EHeP4C
6mWEaX
Old 12-10-2012, 11:37 PM   #16
mksystem74

mksystem74's Gamercard

Aright, thanks. I'll know what to do now if I get stuck.
Old 12-11-2012, 03:00 PM   #17
Earthbind

Earthbind's Gamercard
Thanks for the codes but I don't think they will work for me.

Still no answer from them and it has been 4 days now.
I'm still at 98,8% and theres no possible way for me to get past 99%.
This sucks...
Old 12-11-2012, 06:06 PM   #18
i fist brown i

i fist brown i's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earthbind View Post

This sucks...
create a character?

idk if you tried that since i haven't paid attention to your posts.

Spoiler! (click here to reveal)

i fist brown i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 10:12 AM   #19
Deviantelf

Deviantelf's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earthbind View Post

This sucks...
Try the codes. I had the treasures glitched in The Dead Marshes. got "4/3" and then showed 0/3 and couldn't get them because they were in my inventory, so I didn't get a mithril block and couldn't make the tinderbox to get the last red brick, so snowball effect. Was at 98.8%.

I used the first two codes listed and it fixed me right up for the bugged ones. Got (from xboxlive so top is last and bottom is first):
  1. My Precious...
    Collect all the Mithril Bricks. (Single Player Only)
    50 Unlocked on 12/13/2012
  2. Here's a pretty thing!
    Craft every Mithril item. (Single Player Only)
    30 Unlocked on 12/13/2012
  3. I told you he was tricksy.
    Collect all the Red Bricks. (Single Player Only)
    30 Unlocked on 12/13/2012
  4. There and Back Again.
    Get 100%. (Single Player Only)
    75 Unlocked on 12/13/2012

Sucks cause they popped in the wrong order, and I'd have liked There and Back again at the end. But not much I could do... I would have preferred to do it all myself like make the tinderbox and get the achievements as I finished off the game. I did still get to turn it in and then buy the brick but already had the achievements :/ Just using the first two codes I was still able to get the "There's some good in this world." for finishing side quests (turned in the tinderbox). and I still have the money 10billion to do.

At least there IS a solution... I'll take what I can get tho cause I'm not playing the whole game again!!! Kinda a let down for LEGO and LoR... like they tried to do to much and didn't quite get it right.
Old 12-16-2012, 04:04 AM   #20
Earthbind

Earthbind's Gamercard
Yes, I can also conform that the codes WILL work if your stuck at 98,8% like me and Deviantelf. As for me (and Deviantelf) it all popped when entering the second code. The achievements popped in the wrong order but thats ok with me as long as it worked.

And still no answers from Traveller's Tales...
Thank you Stint01 for posting the codes!
Old 12-16-2012, 11:05 AM   #21
Stint01

Stint01's Gamercard
Really glad they worked!! Also ive had enough help from this community so im just happy to have helped out
Old 12-16-2012, 11:46 AM   #22
UberPirateNinja

UberPirateNinja's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Oh shit, I picked up 11/10 treasures in Path of the Dead last night, and had to quit out ( again! ) as the boss got stuck in a loop after I destroyed the last 4 towers. It shows 10/10 on the map screen tho, seemed like one of the treasures counted twice. Hope I don't get affected by this, but at least there's a solution for those that do.
UberPirateNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 08:03 PM   #23
jenafer6

Send a message via ICQ to jenafer6

st0rmyweather's Gamercard
Quote:
no worries ive tested it out and they wont work unless you are at 99% or above, ive started a new thread with the codes but ill put them here too...

W5eJvP
rypwVd
z5FKXM
EHeP4C
6mWEaX
How do you put in lower case letters? Missing one stupid mini kit in Helm's Deep area, even though I already got it. Thanks so much in advance.
Old 12-18-2012, 10:29 AM   #24
Stint01

Stint01's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenafer6 View Post
How do you put in lower case letters? Missing one stupid mini kit in Helm's Deep area, even though I already got it. Thanks so much in advance.
Really good question...the answer is you dont! oops my bad! i copied and pasted the codes straight from the email they sent me and i never really noticed the upper/lower case, so just tap them into the extras menu in upper case

hope it helps you.
Old 12-18-2012, 11:43 PM   #25
UberPirateNinja

UberPirateNinja's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
These worked a treat! I had one missing chest in Mount Doom, which meant I couldn't craft the last Mithril item. Entered the first code, and only the first code and My Precious, Such a Pretty Thing and There & Back Again all popped one after another. Cheers! Was stuck on 99.1%, but no longer.

Don't suppose you have one for the 10 bazillion studs either? Getting that is becoming a drag! Lol
UberPirateNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 11:31 AM   #26
mksystem74

mksystem74's Gamercard

Finally completed this. No glitches, no codes needed. This has to be the most grueling LEGO game yet.... At least out of the ones I've played.
Old 12-19-2012, 04:33 PM   #27
Nixemo

nixemo's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by mksystem74 View Post
Finally completed this. No glitches, no codes needed. This has to be the most grueling LEGO game yet.... At least out of the ones I've played.
Both this and LEGO Batman 2 had a huge open world with a lot of collectibles, and rank up high in terms of how long it takes to 1000. But LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga still cakes the cake as the most grueling... I have 900/1000 and can't get myself to go back and finish it as I'll need to do the blue challenge minikits and super story mode... tedious.

Author of the Lego Lord of the Rings Achievement Guide & Road Map

Looking to boost:
Big Bumpin'
Rainbow Six Vegas
Rainbow Six Vegas 2
Timeshift
Nixemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 04:49 PM   #28
NickMH

NickMH's Gamercard
Any suggestions to those who entered code at 99.4 and didnt unlock my precious?
NickMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 01:35 AM   #29
Xaq

Xaquin's Gamercard
Good they are working on a patch! I'm just about to start this game!
Xaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 04:13 PM   #30
projesman

Projesman's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickMH View Post
Any suggestions to those who entered code at 99.4 and didnt unlock my precious?
I'm in the same position. I was around 99% and used the codes and now I'm 3 bricks short and cannot get them. The white indicators are flashing and when I get there, there are no bricks. Sucks...
projesman is offline   Reply With Quote