PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Battlefield 3 > Aftermath
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-06-2012, 01:06 AM   #1
BBDrew84

BBDrew's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Scavenger census

What is your go to sidearm and perk for Scavenger? Also what are your thoughts on the new gamemode?

I currently switch between the MP412 Rex and the 1911 Suppressed and I usually go with Sq. Ammo or Sq. Grenade for the extra stuff.

I am actually really liking Scavenger right now. I like that it puts everyone on the same playing field and I like the added Flags to Cap/Defend. I also like that most weapons have a Laser Sight, all in all the weapons seem to be set up well for the gamemode. My one gripe is picking up the Scoped Xbow, not the best weapon for that game mode if you ask me.

BBDrew84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 02:56 AM   #2
Merch

GoodCoffeeJoey's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Artist of the Month   VGO Gold Medal   1,000 Posts   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
I've been having major problems joining servers running this game mode. When I try to connect it will stay on the joining server for around thirty seconds, then say joining failed. Wierd thing is though it can join rush and conquest games on aftermath maps no problem. I was able to connect to one scavenger server last night and get three wins done at least.

From what I played it seems much better than domination, mostly do the the much better maps and more flags. No more bombs being placed all over the flags is nice too

Last edited by Merch; 12-06-2012 at 03:10 AM.
Merch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 03:14 AM   #3
RaccoonNinja28

RaccoonNinja28's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merch View Post
I've been having major problems joining servers running this game mode. When I try to connect it will stay on the joining server for around thirty seconds, then say joining failed. Wierd thing is though it can join rush and conquest games on aftermath maps no problem. I was able to connect to one scavenger server last night and get three wins done at least.
Exact same problem.

Murder Nature(Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon)
Kill all the Animal Types. 30

Deadliest Warrior: Legends

RaccoonNinja28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 03:32 AM   #4
BBDrew84

BBDrew's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merch View Post
I've been having major problems joining servers running this game mode.
Me two and this is what I think I figured out. Every Scavenger game I have joined only allows a maximum of 16 people. Severs that run Scavenger only I have no problems joining. Servers that have Scavenger and another gamemode, like Conquest for example, always fail on me. Maybe it has something to do with switching from 24 people to 16 when it changes gamemodes that causes people to fail. That is my theory anyways

BBDrew84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 04:33 AM   #5
Merch

GoodCoffeeJoey's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Artist of the Month   VGO Gold Medal   1,000 Posts   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
I think you're right. It's actually the Dice dedicated scavenger servers that I've had the most trouble joining, but they are set to let 24 people join, where as you said the game only supports 16 players. So I guess anyone who joins after that point gets an error.
Old 12-06-2012, 01:43 PM   #6
Rapturous Rich

Rapturous Rich's Gamercard

The playercount doesn't change if you run two modes with different max players. It'll be locked to the max number of the mode with the smallest count.
If you run a server with Conquest and Domination the max players will be 16 for all maps, no matter what, because otherwise after the CQ maps are done the game would have to kick 8 players for the CQDOM game to start (or God knows what might happen if it tried that and made your console explode or something!) so it reduces the max players to 16 across the board. If you thought AK maps were boring with 24...

As for Scavenger. I really enjoy it. I love starting out with a lowly pistol and working my way onto bigger and better things. Also I love finding out the squad perks can still work to your favour. As we discovered the other night, Drew, I ran Sq. Frag for extra grenades and then discovered we also got a second magazine if we ran Sq. Ammo.
I'll definitely be a regular Scavenger player as it adds a new dimension to Conquest which I had been getting rather bored of.

Last edited by Rapturous Rich; 12-06-2012 at 01:54 PM.
Rapturous Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 01:48 PM   #7
WickedD365

Send a message via Yahoo to WickedD365

WickedD365's Gamercard
Sucks you guys are having connection issues. Sorry to hear.

I am really enjoying Scavenger. Tons of fun and chaos. If you can get a squad working together you can dominate this game. Great for playing alone too. Can hold your own without all the vehicles and gadgets.
Old 12-06-2012, 03:25 PM   #8
Opiate42

Location: Canada, likely stuck in a snowdrift...with no shovel

Opiate42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
I only had issues connecting the very first time I fired up the DLC looking specifically for Scavenger games. Kept not connecting. So I jumped into Conquest and the admins had tossed Scavenger into the mix and even came across our fellow x360a dude Shaftamus Prime on that same server I think. Hard to kill SOB he is . Since then haven't had any trouble at all looking for games now.

OT: Sup 443 and sprint. Assignments and hunting wabbits. (Interesting tidbit, "wabbits" does not come up as being misspelled )

Most games I've routed into my squads have had a pretty good mix of specializations going so I get to keep my sprint on most times

"Hit it"

Last edited by Opiate42; 12-06-2012 at 03:38 PM.
Opiate42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 03:32 PM   #9
Bullitt24

Bullitt24's Gamercard
I like it so far. When i can get in a game.
Bullitt24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 04:11 PM   #10
WickedD365

WickedD365's Gamercard
Just remembered my one complaint on this game mode. Original spawn drops are HORRIBLE!
Just about all but 1 game I got in had me surrounded by enemies upon spawning. An entire team.
Old 12-06-2012, 05:49 PM   #11
mark197205

mark197205's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedD365 View Post
Just remembered my one complaint on this game mode. Original spawn drops are HORRIBLE!
Just about all but 1 game I got in had me surrounded by enemies upon spawning. An entire team.
Thats some awful bad luck there dood!
I've not had anything like that happen at all, the nearest I've had is two enemies spawning close to me, unfortunately for them with their backs to me..

Games at 100% = 9 (8 retail, 1 XBLA)
Games being worked on = A few..
mark197205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:39 PM   #12
D-star

AntenDeathStar's Gamercard
That is crazy that the player cap is only 16; on PC the cap is 64(32 v 32) like every other mode so I don't see why they could not have just kept the normal cap.

I remember running in a group of about 8 people going to capture a flag and it was nuts. You know you have a high chance of survival and a cap is pretty much guaranteed.
D-star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 02:58 PM   #13
Rapturous Rich

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-star View Post
That is crazy that the player cap is only 16; on PC the cap is 64(32 v 32) like every other mode so I don't see why they could not have just kept the normal cap.
You misunderstand, sir. The player cap for CQ and Scavenger is still 24 but the cap for Gun Master is 16. For some reason the servers can't accommodate this change in max players so if you run a server with GM the max count is set to 16 regardless of whether you are also running modes with a 24 player cap.
Old 12-07-2012, 04:35 PM   #14
Xenolith666

Xenolith666's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Gackt   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Gold   Micro Guide - Silver   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
The maps in the PC version are larger too.. but i gotta say 64 players would be pretty nuts. A buddy of mine played a ton of BF2 on the pc, seen some vids that were pretty wild.. especially the flying ones.
100% RPG's: 38 Post #8
Proudest: Star Ocean; Dark Souls
Failing to Understand our Capacity for Kindness

Xenolith666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 05:53 PM   #15
Rapturous Rich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenolith666 View Post
The maps in the PC version are larger too.. but i gotta say 64 players would be pretty nuts. A buddy of mine played a ton of BF2 on the pc, seen some vids that were pretty wild.. especially the flying ones.
Indeed. Are you familiar with Noshahr Canals? Okay so 2 Little Birds and a Z11 can be hectic (especially if you're in the Z11 and thus outnumbered) but imagine on PC they also get jets and attack choppers too. I mean. Dafuq? It makes our version of Canals look like a petting zoo in comparison haha
Old 12-07-2012, 06:48 PM   #16
WickedD365

WickedD365's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapturous Rich View Post
Indeed. Are you familiar with Noshahr Canals? Okay so 2 Little Birds and a Z11 can be hectic (especially if you're in the Z11 and thus outnumbered) but imagine on PC they also get jets and attack choppers too. I mean. Dafuq? It makes our version of Canals look like a petting zoo in comparison haha
So true. PC is just pure and utter chaos..and I LOVE IT!!!
Wish my PC could handle it
Old 12-07-2012, 08:47 PM   #17
tripleb2k

BobZombie3k's Gamercard

Awards Showcase GRID 2 Award   Submit - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
I'll be getting Battlefield 4 on PC. I'm not making the console mistake again.

OT: Scavenger is growing on me. It's good for getting misc ribbons (handgun, knife, PDW) with weapons I don't use on a regular basis. My own problem is with the Sniper Rifles. The red dot sight on them seems off. Maybe it's just me sucking with them in Close Quarters.

tripleb2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:58 PM   #18
BluWolve
Of Wolf and Man

BluWolve's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 5   Subscriber - Platinum   Submit - Silver   A+ Thread Award   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
I quite enjoy the mode, in my opinion it is the best new game mode so far. I usually go with the .44 magnum and squad ammo, or squad frags.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty-Rex View Post
I am trained in gorilla warfare
BluWolve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:56 PM   #19
Barad
High on Life

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
I'm getting into games fine, the mode itself is OK. Though I do prefer Gunmaster and that's saying something.

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 01:30 PM   #20
lord verh

lord verh's Gamercard
No revives, that alone is reason enough to prefer this over the other call of duty modes.
lord verh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 03:16 PM   #21
Rapturous Rich

Quote:
Originally Posted by lord verh View Post
No revives, that alone is reason enough to prefer this over the other call of duty modes.
What "other call of duty modes" are there, exactly?
Old 12-08-2012, 03:43 PM   #22
lord verh

lord verh's Gamercard
Quote:
What "other call of duty modes" are there, exactly?
Gun Master, Team Deathmatch. Basically all modes without flags. In my book BF is the founder of flag conquest multiplayer while call of duty is the king of team deathmatch. But that's just my point of view.
Old 12-08-2012, 05:00 PM   #23
Rapturous Rich

Quote:
Originally Posted by lord verh View Post
Gun Master, Team Deathmatch. Basically all modes without flags. In my book BF is the founder of flag conquest multiplayer while call of duty is the king of team deathmatch. But that's just my point of view.
Gun Master/Gun Game is not a Call of Duty mode. It started with Counter-Strike and TDM is a staple of the FPS genre. You give COD way too much credit

Last edited by Rapturous Rich; 12-08-2012 at 05:24 PM.
Rapturous Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 06:21 PM   #24
lord verh

lord verh's Gamercard
Quote:
Gun Master/Gun Game is not a Call of Duty mode. It started with Counter-Strike and TDM is a staple of the FPS genre. You give COD way too much credit
True, but I never played Counter-Strike since I don't have a pc capable of gaming (xbla version is not for me) and for me the most enjoyable team deathmatch game was World at War. I never played much online apart from World at War, BF:BC2 and BF3. And even with those games I never spent more then 250 hours a game.
Old 12-09-2012, 11:47 AM   #25
BSH 1975

BSH 1975's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBDrew84 View Post
What is your go to sidearm and perk for Scavenger? Also what are your thoughts on the new gamemode?

I currently switch between the MP412 Rex and the 1911 Suppressed and I usually go with Sq. Ammo or Sq. Grenade for the extra stuff.

I am actually really liking Scavenger right now. I like that it puts everyone on the same playing field and I like the added Flags to Cap/Defend. I also like that most weapons have a Laser Sight, all in all the weapons seem to be set up well for the gamemode. My one gripe is picking up the Scoped Xbow, not the best weapon for that game mode if you ask me.
I like the new game mode as well, Getting lots of pistol kills, so its ideal for me trying to get the master dogtags for the sidearms....I do pick up the other weapons, but only use them when I'm out of ammo for my sidearm.

I use the M1911 untill I get that master dogtag.

BSH 1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 03:23 PM   #26
Benny34
Banned User

Well I played 1 game with my German buddy it decides to crash on us all. I was using the Rex which blows dick under suppression so ill prob just run, G18 supp, and M1911 intill I finish the scavenger achievements / assignments.
Benny34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 05:26 PM   #27
Barad
High on Life

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny34 View Post
Well I played 1 game with my German buddy it decides to crash on us all. I was using the Rex which blows dick under suppression so ill prob just run, G18 supp, and M1911 intill I finish the scavenger achievements / assignments.
It literally takes 2, 3 games to get them done. Pretty fun mode at first.

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:08 PM   #28
Priit3

Priit3's Gamercard
lol i got a scavenger medal and winner tag:

Priit3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:17 AM   #29
mark197205

mark197205's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Priit3 View Post
lol i got a scavenger medal and winner tag:

I got this yesterday too, only thought of posting it now, to find you beat me to it.
I think its a pretty cool tag.

Games at 100% = 9 (8 retail, 1 XBLA)
Games being worked on = A few..
mark197205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 01:00 AM   #30
Eddy FIN

Eddy FIN's Gamercard
1911 and sprint. I would use the REX as I almost always do otherwise but as the sidearm is my only gun most of the time, I want to be able to do fast reloads.
Eddy FIN is offline   Reply With Quote