PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > The Darkness 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-12-2012, 07:54 PM   #1
Pinion13

pinion1313's Gamercard
Dolfo and his f'ing bottles

This is seriously pissing me off. I can get to 11 seconds. Would coming back with reload/weapon upgrades do me any good? 40+ tries and I'm about ready to smash stuff. Getting to the first bottle without wasting 3 seconds seems to be the main problem. FU bottles. Low sensitivity, high aim sensitivity, blah.

Last edited by Pinion13; 02-12-2012 at 07:58 PM.
Pinion13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 08:21 PM   #2
Suki

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
ok all i did was blazed the 1st clip as quickly as possible without using iron sights which left me with around 4-5 bottles then after the reload looked down sights and cleared the last few as quick as possible and got 10 secs within 6 go's maybe i got lucky but it seemed easy enough.

Suki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 08:29 PM   #3
Hardcore Peach

vyxxx's Gamercard
I'm currently watching my boyfriend get the same rage! Best time he can get is 13 seconds!
Hardcore Peach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 08:46 PM   #4
Aeternox

Aeternox's Gamercard
Im too having issues with this stupid mini game... Atleast the carnival ones arent as hard.
Aeternox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 09:01 PM   #5
DarkJake

Chaos Lawyer's Gamercard
This is what I did: aim the first few bottles, spray the middle section (you'll recognize it because it has a bunch of them together), and aim down the last few after your reload
Old 02-12-2012, 09:09 PM   #6
Verdinial
Banned User

TF x Redemption's Gamercard
I looked around a bit for you, and as you can do it without a few perks, it is MUCH easier if you advance into the game a bit and get the Faster Reloading perk. Before having this perk I see a lot of people getting it bang on the 10 second mark, never anything below it.

There are some videos I could show you, but I don't think they will help in terms of accuracy. Give it a break and try again, you never get anything done as well as you would if you're calm and relaxed.
Verdinial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 12:12 AM   #7
tunaleg

Tunaleg's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suki View Post
ok all i did was blazed the 1st clip as quickly as possible without using iron sights which left me with around 4-5 bottles then after the reload looked down sights and cleared the last few as quick as possible and got 10 secs within 6 go's maybe i got lucky but it seemed easy enough.
This worked perfectly
tunaleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 12:42 AM   #8
ParoXysm QC

ParoXysm QC's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Silver   Micro Guide - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Took me a while to shoot these freaking bottles as well
ParoXysm QC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 04:06 AM   #9
Pinion13

pinion1313's Gamercard
I finally got it, left to right iron sights. I still need the damn 25 kills in the opening though.
Old 02-13-2012, 05:07 AM   #10
Jack Pumpkinhed

jack pumpkinhed's Gamercard
This was by far the hardest achievement in this game...

I was stuck on 11 seconds forever until I finally got 10.

I just immediately placed iron sights on the left most bottle and then dragged the right stick across all of them systematically shooting each one quickly.

I also raised the brightness all the way to max because it highlighted the black bottles against the darker black background

Next to the "don't get cocky kid" achievement from Dead Space, this is my all time least favorite achievement...

Jack Pumpkinhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 05:59 AM   #11
LoIQ

LoIQ's Gamercard
I also had success (9 secs) blazing through my first clip hip firing left to right & then honing in on the few remaining bottles while aiming down the sight. I don't have the quick reload upgrade & have the settings on whatever default sensitivity. Before this method, I would try to hip fire everything & got a best of 13 secs & then tried to ADS everything & couldn't get better than 11 secs.
LoIQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 06:01 AM   #12
VVh1pCr3am

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
I can't believe you guys had that much trouble with the bottles. It took me a max of like 5 tries. It wasn't anywhere near as hard as those fucking pigeons. I'd always be like 1 or 2 short.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Pumpkinhed View Post
I just immediately placed iron sights on the left most bottle and then dragged the right stick across all of them systematically shooting each one quickly.
This is what I did for the bottles and I had missed like 2 or 3 and I still had time to go back for them.
VVh1pCr3am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 09:13 AM   #13
Pinion13

pinion1313's Gamercard
Two tries for the pigeon part.
Old 02-13-2012, 01:19 PM   #14
Zim

Could be worse. I have 10 seconds as my best time yet the game is glitched and the pigeon one won't appear. Guess I will have to try and bust it down to 9 seconds and see if that works.
Zim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 01:24 PM   #15
Gor1lla

gor1lla the one's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Gold
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I unlocked the achievement with a time of 10 seconds

Third in Germany to 1000 Batman: AA
First in Germany to 1000 Batman: AC
Gor1lla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 01:41 PM   #16
Virgin

Virgin's Gamercard
I was getting frustrated because I couldn't beat 10 secs on the bottles, didn't realise that it was a good enough time :@

Virgin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 04:55 PM   #17
TRAGICTRIXIE
Banned User

TRAGICTYPHON's Gamercard
you only need 10 seconds and it simply easy cause auto aim kinda locks onto the bottles but make sure you dont miss at all.
The pidgeons are easy as long as you know where they are, i can past a few a couple of times.
TRAGICTRIXIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 03:08 PM   #18
XPL1C1T GAM3R

xSCAR x TiSSUEx's Gamercard
This was my last achievement. I sucked at both of these mini games but i eventually got 23/24 pigeons (it really helps if you don't aim just blindfire and line more than one bird at a time up) and 9/10 seconds on the bottles (for this one i worked from left to right aiming down the sights) p.s THOSE BOTTLES ARE ANNNNOYING!!

XPL1C1T GAM3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 01:10 PM   #19
Bulldog LXXIII

Bulldog LXXIII's Gamercard
Shooting the pigeons was easy as even when they flew off you could hit them from miles away and you had a more time on your hands too.

However the bottle one annoyed me (being polite) and probably took me around 10 attempts to get my time down, majority of the time and same as most sticking at 11 seconds for a good very annoying while. Along of course having to listen to the insults each time I failed

I found in the end it worked best for me to shoot right to left with the bigger grouping on the right hand side and then moping up on the remaining bottles on the left.

Breathed a sigh of relief when I hit the 10 second mark.
Old 02-18-2012, 02:38 PM   #20
Ant Montana

Ant Montana's Gamercard
It annoys the shit out of me that achievements like these are harder than any other ones in the game. Devs clearly have a hidden agenda to make a percentage on sales from new controllers. I've lost count of the amount of times I've smashed a controller into a wall/floor/dog/girlfriend in a blind rage due to shit like this.
Ant Montana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 01:48 PM   #21
upindat

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Bottles sucked. Took about twenty minutes and pure luck. Birds took about two tries. Another easy 1000.
Old 02-22-2012, 06:06 AM   #22
keung

keung360's Gamercard
I had some troubles with the bottles as well. The pigeons were a breeze in comparision, nailed that on my first attempt, even though it took me like 20 seconds to realize that I could walk.

What I found to be helpful for me vs the bottles was to turn the brightness up to max and go right to left with iron sights. Didn't take me many attempts to get it after using that strategy.
keung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 02:07 AM   #23
waxc3

waxc3's Gamercard
I'm confused. I busted these bottles in seconds first time. Tried the birds three times and did terribly so I quit. Maybe with the shotgun perk later I'll do better.
I know I'm not getting half the achieves in this anyway so idontcare

da da da dahh! bitchpudding!
waxc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 04:57 AM   #24
Nevander

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
I'm guessing this is the hardest achievement in the game then? Rofl.

Not looking forward to these bottles...
Old 02-26-2012, 01:20 AM   #25
nateeasy

nateeasy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Pumpkinhed View Post
This was by far the hardest achievement in this game...

I was stuck on 11 seconds forever until I finally got 10.

I also raised the brightness all the way to max because it highlighted the black bottles against the darker black background

Next to the "don't get cocky kid" achievement from Dead Space, this is my all time least favorite achievement...
That brightness tip helped a lot. Thanks. 1000/1000 for me now.
nateeasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 06:54 AM   #26
hahalolppl

hahalolppl's Gamercard
OMG, I'm about to face roll myself through broken glass here in a second. Freaking 11 seconds on the bottles after about 30 mins trying it over and over.
hahalolppl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 02:38 AM   #27
EssEmEss

EssEmEss's Gamercard
A guy on trueachievements posted something that finally worked for me. Set the sensitivity all the way to the left, then move it two spots right. That helped to prevent me from passing bottles too quickly before I shot them. Got it after a few tries
EssEmEss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 05:40 AM   #28
hahalolppl

hahalolppl's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by EssEmEss View Post
A guy on trueachievements posted something that finally worked for me. Set the sensitivity all the way to the left, then move it two spots right. That helped to prevent me from passing bottles too quickly before I shot them. Got it after a few tries
Dude this a actually worked for me! I got it after a few tries...I even messed up and missed a bottle but then somehow I still got it in 10 seconds! Now all I have to do is play vendetta's!
hahalolppl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 05:03 PM   #29
oO ACIDIC Oo

oO ACIDIC Oo's Gamercard
To be completely honest, I went from right to left, aiming carefully at each bottle, shooting them one by one, then after the reload I went ape shit on the last few bottles. Got it on my 4th try.
Just try and have a friend over so you can take turns trying to get this so it makes things more fun.
oO ACIDIC Oo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 09:09 AM   #30
LivingGsuscryst

LivingGsuscryst's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by oO ACIDIC Oo View Post
To be completely honest, I went from right to left, aiming carefully at each bottle, shooting them one by one, then after the reload I went ape shit on the last few bottles. Got it on my 4th try.
Just try and have a friend over so you can take turns trying to get this so it makes things more fun.
exactly what i did, with the sensitivity maxed or one from it (i can't remember.) i got it on my fourth attempt as well.

lol at dead spaces' don't get cocky kid. that took me two to three hours! of course playing on a 19 inch tv didn't help.
LivingGsuscryst is offline   Reply With Quote