PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Dark Souls
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-27-2013, 02:48 AM   #31
Gackt
Banned User

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Gackt   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   SOTF Winner   GSL 8 Winners   The Helping Hand   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   Artist of the Month
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepymexican45 View Post
POISON DART SNIPERS!
Toxic
If only they were just poison darts, they wouldn't be as annoying lol.
Gackt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 12:26 AM   #32
sleepymexican45

sleepymexican45's Gamercard
yeh the Capra Demon slaughtered me too...
Old 02-05-2013, 10:05 AM   #33
Grummy

Grumftheld's Gamercard
The normal enemies I've never had any real problems with. The Toxic dart dudes were a pain until I found out where they were and then it's quick and easy to deal with them. The snipers covering the bridge in Anor Londo can be a pain, but from NG+ onwards I just slap on the Hawk ring, stand on the part of the bridge where they can't hit me and take them down, first time around I probably got lucky as I was able to hide in cover and hit the guy on the right whilst he couldn't hit me.

A couple of the bosses were my weakness and based purely on my first playthrough, Sif was the worst. Dex based Melee build and he was a frigging nightmare for me. He's pretty easy now though as I can tank him with maxed out armour etc.

Smough and Ornstein are hell, but I walloped them on my own first and second time around, 3rd time I summoned solaire and it was fine, took a couple of tries but was fine nonetheless. Capra Demon I've never had a problem with, same tactic every time, walk in, roll slightly left, kill dogs with rising attack after roll, turn, roll back then just watch his attacks, if I am low on health, just dodge an attack and sink an Estus then finish him off.

Overall though, I have to give it to Gwyn. A strange choice to many people I think, but he's the consistently most irritating boss. First time around I beat him first attempt because I was over leveled and could tank him. Second time was tough until I learned to time the counters, then I took him out easily, but it took me a good dozen or so tries. I'm on my 3rd time around now and I just can't beat him, most I can get is 2 parry attacks before he kills me. His damage output is so high now that one mistake and I'm screwed. It doesn't help that I just can't get a free moment to heal either, so my only chance is to kill him without needing to heal. Extremely tough. He never gets into the a good pattern of attacks for me either, which is what he would do last time around which made it easy to parry, this time he does more and it makes it horrible to do repeatedly. It wouldn't be so bad if I didn't have to run through those damn knights over and over again.

http://www.360voice.com/tag/Grumftheld

My First Guide!! Way of the Samurai 3
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/g...ai-3-us/guide/
If you have any questions, please pm me on here then send me a message on Live to let me know its here and I'll get to it asap.
Grummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 03:52 PM   #34
Dog Face

In Marshall's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
The Giant Mosquito's.

Edit: Bed of Chaos.

Last edited by Dog Face; 02-05-2013 at 11:22 PM.
Dog Face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 05:03 PM   #35
xEl Boricua

xEl Boricua's Gamercard
i hate RATs
xEl Boricua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 01:54 AM   #36
Sith Ambassador

Sith Ambassador's Gamercard
The Stone Guardians in the DLC are tougher than any of the regular enemies in the normal game. That one move they do where they slam their Stone Greataxe into the ground & then rip the earth from under you can be very annoying when they spam the move over & over.

As for bosses, The Bed of Chaos is very cheap & not much fun to battle. But Manus, Father of the Abyss is one tough cookie & although I beat him at the second time of asking both battles took ages & felt pretty epic.
I'm not looking forward to taking him on in my recently started New Game+

Last edited by Sith Ambassador; 02-13-2013 at 01:59 AM.
Sith Ambassador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 02:09 AM   #37
Jamoo 1

Jamoo 1's Gamercard
These guys! o_o

"So long sentiment it doesn't matter now."- So Long Sentiment
"Sing Hallelujah because you can't change anything."- Blackstar
Jamoo 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 06:15 PM   #38
Jeerrraayyyyyyy

Jeerrraayyyyyyy's Gamercard
The toxic dart guys and bone wheels are the most annoying and cheapest enemies in the game.

For bosses:

Capra demon. That fight is decided in the 1st 5 seconds once you enter the fog. If the god damn hell dogs don't trap you in the corner and you are able to make it up the stairs, it's pretty much a win.

Boy George Gwyndolin on NG+. For some reason, his magic attacks were destroying me. I must have died 6-7 times before I finally was able to splatter his brains on the floor. I had the most trouble on this boss fight than any other so far in my play throughs.
Jeerrraayyyyyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 07:56 PM   #39
sleepymexican45

I'm struggling to get past the crawling giant skellies on the way to the Nito boss. The darkness and lack of room to maneuver makes it way more difficult (even though I can kill then in two hits...).

Any tips would be greatly appreciated but I dont think theres a lot more that I can do to make it easier (I'm using heavy armour, heavy shield and +5 Black Knight Sword)
Old 02-15-2013, 06:05 AM   #40
Chemistian

Chemistian's Gamercard
Gotta cast my vote with the Anor Londo archers as well. It took me until my sixth play through to figure out that if I cast hide body at the midway point, then use the dragonbow and arrow once at the top, it will knock the one in the way off the ledge while the other never acknowledges my presence One shot, one kill, and peace and tranquility in this area.
Chemistian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 06:08 AM   #41
Chemistian

Chemistian's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepymexican45 View Post
I'm struggling to get past the crawling giant skellies on the way to the Nito boss. The darkness and lack of room to maneuver makes it way more difficult (even though I can kill then in two hits...).

Any tips would be greatly appreciated but I dont think theres a lot more that I can do to make it easier (I'm using heavy armour, heavy shield and +5 Black Knight Sword)
You may need to use lighter armor, but the best way is to get next to/behind them. Circling once you have gained this position works, and it does the sprawling attack you can whale on it.

Also, after the second bonfire, you can hug the wall on the right and skip the group of three of them.
Chemistian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 03:13 PM   #42
L3d Z3ppl1n

if you think the Anor Londo Snipers are tough then try having some jack ass invade your game and then hide up there by them... Rage.....
L3d Z3ppl1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 03:59 PM   #43
xEl Boricua

xEl Boricua's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemistian View Post
Gotta cast my vote with the Anor Londo archers as well. It took me until my sixth play through to figure out that if I cast hide body at the midway point, then use the dragonbow and arrow once at the top, it will knock the one in the way off the ledge while the other never acknowledges my presence One shot, one kill, and peace and tranquility in this area.
i didint know about to cast a hide body spell..i run trught them like crazy..yeah i die like 5 time..now i know for my 3 playtrought.. i hate those snipers
xEl Boricua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:19 AM   #44
KillerBEA
Anger Issues

Send a message via Skype™ to KillerBEA

KillerBEA XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 2   Fight Club Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - KillerBEA   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)
Total Awards: 27 (more» ...)
Capra demon was a pussy :P

Boss wise, I still hate Smough and Ornstein. I hate fighting them. Its the only part of the game besides Tomb of Giants that can make me rage.

I hated the ghosts in New londo ruins, freaking bastards. Luckily I kept a handful of transient curses at all times. Still very annoying though.
KillerBEA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 03:40 AM   #45
DanceRandyDance

DanceRandyDance's Gamercard
Bonewheels, bottom line. Cleave that asshole.
DanceRandyDance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 01:33 PM   #46
KillerBEA
Anger Issues

Send a message via Skype™ to KillerBEA

KillerBEA XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 2   Fight Club Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - KillerBEA   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)
Total Awards: 27 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanceRandyDance View Post
With a good shield they aren't a problem. They would push me a bit, but I could hold them in place for the most part. Once they were done spinning, I could kill them in one hit
KillerBEA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 01:57 PM   #47
GsYn

GsYn's Gamercard
Vergil in Devil May Cry 3 on DMD mode!!!
GsYn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 04:08 AM   #48
dreadnaut12

Dreadnaut12's Gamercard
I always had trouble with the titanite demons. especially the ones at the bottom floor of sens fortress. Tar and lightning everywhere!!!
dreadnaut12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 03:50 PM   #49
sleepymexican45

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanceRandyDance View Post
I never had a problem with bonerwheels except for the one time they killed me in the painted world (awkward camera angle!!!!)
Old 03-05-2013, 05:12 AM   #50
huwhashabam

huwhashabam's Gamercard
When i first started it was the blowdart guys that toxicity is wicked.
Old 03-12-2013, 08:05 PM   #51
Gackt
Banned User

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Gackt   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   SOTF Winner   GSL 8 Winners   The Helping Hand   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   Artist of the Month
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Face View Post
The Giant Mosquito's.

Edit: Bed of Chaos.
Bed of Chaos is laughably easy with 2 summons. My bro and I used to help players there for quite a while. Once you are all at the bottom, go left, have a phantom go right and one in the middle. When in position kill the left side and stay there. Right phantom does the same while middle phantom is already in the right spot to start breaking into the middle. Literally makes the fight stupidly easy and over in 30 seconds lol.
Gackt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 10:56 PM   #52
CornishMessiah

CornishMessiah's Gamercard
The frog things in the depths sewers, after playing the game a fair deal they're no problem, I think they can be avoided altogether in fact.

My first encounter with them and naturally with little experience in the game I got cursed, what an evil thing curse is!
CornishMessiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 08:51 PM   #53
Sean Bahamut

Sean Bahamut's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revan1221 View Post
I cannot beat the dragon in the DLC!! I hate that thing....fortunately I have all the achievements in the game and defeating the new dragon is not necessary for achievements.
Urgh, I have to agree that Black Dragon Kalameet was the hardest enemy for me too. I tried so many times to get his tail. Eventually I learned his move patterns by heart and was able to dodge everything and grind out a kill (and a tail-cut).
I havent gone back to him in NG+, and don't intend to anytime soon!

As for normal enemies, it has to be Bonewheels and Blow-Dart Snipers. These guys are the only enemies that repeatedly caught me out (although both are easy once you have a shield that can hold out their attacks)

Max GS XBox:
SEGA Mega Drive Ultimate Collection / Halo: Reach (Pre-DLC) / Beyond Good & Evil HD / Alan Wake (Pre-DLC) / Bastion
Max GS GfWL:
Dark Souls / Halo 2 / Viva Piņata / Fallout 3 / Toy Soldiers

Last edited by Sean Bahamut; 03-29-2013 at 10:58 AM.
Sean Bahamut is offline   Reply With Quote