PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Discussion Boards > Games
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-07-2012, 09:13 PM   #1
Xenolith666

Xenolith666's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Gold   Road Map - Silver   Submit - Bronze   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Gackt   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Gold   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Xbox Live Birthday month!! omg

So I get this e-mail today:

Hi Xenolith666,

Happy Birthday Month!

Congratulations! This month you'll be another year wiser. But what's a birthday without a sweet surprise? Try this: Enjoy 20 Microsoft Points as our gift to you. Use it toward anything you wish in the Xbox LIVE Marketplace. Your birthday Microsoft Points will be automatically deposited into your Xbox LIVE account by the 15th of the month.

It's just one of the fun extras you get for reaching CONTENDER, CHAMPION or LEGEND status on MyAchievements from Xbox LIVE Rewards. Now, take a deep breath and blow out those candles!

Hoping your birthday wishes come true,

Xbox LIVE Rewards Squad

Seriously? 20 points? does that even equate to a unit of money that exists? wtf am I going to buy with that? If it was 400msp I could understand it.. that's $5.. this will not kill Microsoft and I can actually get an arcade game or DLC with it.. 20msp is for me to poop on. i'm sure others have seen this.. but first time for me and wow that's just disappointing..

I'm quoting dethklok here: open up your deathday present it's a box of fucking nothing. rsvp please

Xenolith666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:17 PM   #2
Tsaako

tsaako's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
It's just a small gesture, sure it's not going to get you anything but it's the thought that counts, so stop being ungrateful. They don't have to dish it out to thousands of people per day.
Tsaako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:24 PM   #3
Xenolith666

Xenolith666's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Gold   Road Map - Silver   Submit - Bronze   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Gackt   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Gold   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze
yea it comes off as ungrateful.. maybe i am.. just seems like such an odd number as well.. why 20? for how much money goes into microsoft because of xbox not a lot comes out

Xenolith666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:28 PM   #4
YorkusRex

YorkusRex's Gamercard
You are now just three birthdays away from buying cools socks for your avatar!

"He would have finished him off then and there, but pity stayed his hand. It's a pity I've run out of bullets, he thought, as he went back up the tunnel..."
YorkusRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:30 PM   #5
BluWolve
Subscribing Member

BluWolve's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 5   Subscriber - Platinum   Submit - Silver   A+ Thread Award   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
I am usually one to always be grateful of whatever little is given to me, but 20 msp? Really? What is the point of that? They could of given out a free avatar prop like the "celebration" one, they have given those out for free before, but instead they give you 20 points that isn't enough to even buy one thing on the Xbox live marketplace haha. Your birthday is just as important as taking a survey haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty-Rex View Post
I am trained in gorilla warfare
BluWolve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:37 PM   #6
Opiate42

Location: Canada, likely stuck in a snowdrift...with no shovel

Opiate42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Rajeanero   Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenolith666 View Post
Seriously? 20 points? does that even equate to a unit of money that exists?
It's about 2,000 kip in Laos. You can buy a beerlao, not just any beerlao, a 650ml big ass bottle of beerlao!

I'm jealous, my gf was in Laos a couple weeks ago and taunted me with pictures of her drinking this stuff, apparently it's pretty damn good!

Here? 25 cents. You can look at it. maybe let it sit in your pocket for a while until it falls out in the wash. Nice gesture but ... yah.

"Hit it"
Opiate42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 10:19 PM   #7
DecadentBeaver

DecadentBeaver's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
It does come off as ungrateful, but I can see why. Especiallyy when you take into account how much money your have given them. I would just take it and accept it. Just think, there may be a time when you go to buy something that you're 20msp short, and it will be there to put towards said purchase. Be as positive as you can about the situation. Its free, so might as well put a smile on your face about it.

Looking for people to join me in an epic Minecraft build once again. Its in creative, so if you are interested, message me for details.
DecadentBeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 10:19 PM   #8
Metabolic XBA
Run, you clever boy...

Metabolic XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff - Community and Events Team   Submit - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Silver   Free Agents - Second Place   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Silver   Scratch the SURFACE Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   XBA Representer
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
Yeah I got that too, my birthdays in July...

**Thanks to Rajeanero for the sig**

Metabolic XBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 10:39 PM   #9
cjdavies

cjdavies82's Gamercard

Better than nothing, 20msp for each person's birthday, work it out really.

Am I the only one that thinks, I have say 380msp, that extra 20msp = 400msp

They should scrap the reward system, people are ungrateful.

Last edited by cjdavies; 12-07-2012 at 10:43 PM.
cjdavies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 10:42 PM   #10
ChickinOnaChain

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
yea it comes off as ungrateful.. maybe i am.. just seems like such an odd number as well.. why 20? for how much money goes into microsoft because of xbox not a lot comes out
Teach them a lesson...don't use it!

ChickinOnaChain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:25 PM   #11
BluWolve
Subscribing Member

BluWolve's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 5   Subscriber - Platinum   Submit - Silver   A+ Thread Award   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickinOnaChain View Post
Teach them a lesson...don't use it!
Haha that will show them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty-Rex View Post
I am trained in gorilla warfare
BluWolve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:36 PM   #12
FallenNow

Location: Under your bed.. Awaiting for the perfect time to pounce..

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
I got 200 Microsoft Points for my Birthday, don't know how.
Old 07-10-2013, 01:33 AM   #13
BurntToast

BurntToast1971's Gamercard
I just saw this on my account... WTF 20 points.... fricking 25cents are you kidding me.. FU Micro$oft

"
Make the Most of your Birthday

We want to make sure you get rewarded! You must qualify for CONTENDER, CHAMPION or LEGEND status by the first of your birthday month to get your special Birthday Gift! Missed it? You can still qualify for the other Rewards as a CHAMPION or LEGEND every month. It's that easy"

OK I was at Legend Status.. i wounder what I would of got if I was at Contender or Champion?? LOL

"Thanks for Stopping By! Hello! We don't have a survey available this month, but you can head over to the GetYours page to see all the latest ways to earn."

Really... I was going to look on the bright side and say the birthday gift of 20 took me to 80 pending so I thought I would take my July survey to get up to the 100 and low and behold... no survey this month... bahahahahaha has got to make me laugh

Last edited by DEG23; 07-10-2013 at 01:58 AM.
BurntToast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 01:46 AM   #14
iBuzz7S

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 2
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
20 MS Points is better than 0 MS Points. And let's face it, if they were giving out 100 MS Points for your birthday, you could make a lot of accounts and use each account to purchase some shitty avatar item.

Microsoft would rather you pay for that shit, not get it for free.
Old 07-10-2013, 01:51 AM   #15
WalterWhite

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze
Quote:
Seriously? 20 points? does that even equate to a unit of money that exists?
Yes, it equals twenty-five cents. Eighty points is a dollar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBuzz7S View Post
20 MS Points is better than 0 MS Points.
Is it really though? You can find more money in the couch. Even if you were homeless, a quarter wouldn't change anything.
Old 07-10-2013, 01:58 AM   #16
LickableLemons7

SublimeThugLife's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - DEG23   Micro Guide - Bronze   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Submit - Bronze   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Thanks to Xbox Rewards, I got 200 free Microsoft Points when I purchased a 12 month Gold card! Now I'm gonna go out and purchase even more 12 month gold cards! Suckers! Free M$ points for moi!

Wait a minute...
Old 07-10-2013, 02:00 AM   #17
WalterWhite

Quote:
Originally Posted by LickableLemons7 View Post
Thanks to Xbox Rewards, I got 200 free Microsoft Points when I purchased a 12 month Gold card! Now I'm gonna go out and purchase even more 12 month gold cards! Suckers! Free M$ points for moi!

Wait a minute...
Xbox Rewards is pretty good actually, I think I've gotten around 4000 points back through that, the birthday bonus is just stupid though.
Old 07-10-2013, 02:05 AM   #18
LickableLemons7

SublimeThugLife's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - DEG23   Micro Guide - Bronze   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Submit - Bronze   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterWhite View Post
Xbox Rewards is pretty good actually, I think I've gotten around 4000 points back through that, the birthday bonus is just stupid though.
I know, I was just trying to point out that Microsoft is being generous enough for giving you 20 free MS points on your birthday month. All you have to do is be a rewards member with 3000 minimum and you get $0.25 once a year. Cool beans. Those monthly surveys are great too (don't know why they were stopped just this month).

But yeah, it's not like you're supposed to shell out $60 of your money on your birthday month, only to get 20 MSP back. That would suck.
Old 07-10-2013, 02:13 AM   #19
WalterWhite

Quote:
Originally Posted by LickableLemons7 View Post
I know, I was just trying to point out that Microsoft is being generous enough for giving you 20 free MS points on your birthday month. All you have to do is be a rewards member with 3000 minimum and you get $0.25 once a year. Cool beans. Those monthly surveys are great too (don't know why they were stopped just this month).

But yeah, it's not like you're supposed to shell out $60 of your money on your birthday month, only to get 20 MSP back. That would suck.
If they were smart they would do something like offer a percent discount on a downloadable game of your choice in your birthday month, that would be cool and still make them some money in the process. But the reason they probably can't do things like that is that people would find ways to exploit the hell out of it.
Old 07-10-2013, 06:36 AM   #20
InsaneKane87

InSAn3 KAn3's Gamercard

Something is better than nothing, OP. I checked my e-mail too and saw I got 20 as well, but am I going to complain, no. That 20 makes what I will be getting on the 15th 300 since I just recently renewed my gold membership and done the surveys. It adds up over time, just because you get 20 now, doesn't mean you have to spend it right away. Even so, there are quite a few things you can get for 20 points, some gamer pics e.g. Hitman Blood Money, or an avatar item.

Other times of my years for being a gold member I've gotten surprise e-mails being given 20 points up to 80 and I never complained then, just saved them up or find something small to spend them on. I was grateful to get the extra 80, because it added to the other points I had at the time for a arcade game I had wanted. I'm sure your family, friends whatever will get you some gifts for your b-day, tho I doubt you deserve such big gifts. Try to appreciate the small things in life more often.

Last edited by InsaneKane87; 07-10-2013 at 06:39 AM.
InsaneKane87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 07:12 AM   #21
WalterWhite

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneKane87 View Post
Something is better than nothing, OP. I checked my e-mail too and saw I got 20 as well, but am I going to complain, no. That 20 makes what I will be getting on the 15th 300 since I just recently renewed my gold membership and done the surveys. It adds up over time, just because you get 20 now, doesn't mean you have to spend it right away. Even so, there are quite a few things you can get for 20 points, some gamer pics e.g. Hitman Blood Money, or an avatar item.

Other times of my years for being a gold member I've gotten surprise e-mails being given 20 points up to 80 and I never complained then, just saved them up or find something small to spend them on. I was grateful to get the extra 80, because it added to the other points I had at the time for a arcade game I had wanted. I'm sure your family, friends whatever will get you some gifts for your b-day, tho I doubt you deserve such big gifts. Try to appreciate the small things in life more often.
I don't think complaining about the 20 MSP that Microsoft gives us quite falls under the philosophy of appreciate the small things. It's a useless digital amount of currency that on it's own has literally no use. And it's distributed by a computer, not a person and it's not really given with kindness and sincerity in mind. It's designed to entice us to spend more money in the long run. It's not really a gift in the true sense of the word, not even a bad gift where we say "it's the thought that counts." It's not like stopping to smell the roses, which is a wonderful thing that everyone should be encouraged to do. It's essentially a mailing list that once a year sends you one of the most useless discounts you'll ever come across, or a coupon you receive in the mail fifty years too late that is laughable in the face of inflation. Buy a Lamborghini - Get a free keychain might actually be a better deal.

Just sayin'.
Old 07-10-2013, 08:06 AM   #22
InsaneKane87

InSAn3 KAn3's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterWhite View Post
I don't think complaining about the 20 MSP that Microsoft gives us quite falls under the philosophy of appreciate the small things. It's a useless digital amount of currency that on it's own has literally no use. And it's distributed by a computer, not a person and it's not really given with kindness and sincerity in mind. It's designed to entice us to spend more money in the long run. It's not really a gift in the true sense of the word, not even a bad gift where we say "it's the thought that counts." It's not like stopping to smell the roses, which is a wonderful thing that everyone should be encouraged to do. It's essentially a mailing list that once a year sends you one of the most useless discounts you'll ever come across, or a coupon you receive in the mail fifty years too late that is laughable in the face of inflation. Buy a Lamborghini - Get a free keychain might actually be a better deal.

Just sayin'.
Well put and very true as well. I myself tho am not bothered by the small amount given and was surprised to see a thread about it. That would certainly be a better deal. I also liked your idea of being offered a deal on a arcade game of your choice, that itself would have been better.
Old 07-10-2013, 08:29 AM   #23
Barad
Flibbertigibbet

Location: Bristol, England Occupation: Undergraduate Status: Fuck all
Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
At least after 4 years you can afford a gamerpicture pack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
Wow. I'm a fucking dumbass.

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 08:33 AM   #24
wingless

Send a message via AIM to wingless

teh wingless's Gamercard
Are they going to be getting rid of the points for Xbox One? I went to go buy Absolution yesterday because of the sale, and it just charged me $10. It was pretty great not using those terrible points.

Last.fm / AIM = wingless owns
wingless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 08:44 AM   #25
Aceman417

Aceman417's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingless View Post
Are they going to be getting rid of the points for Xbox One? I went to go buy Absolution yesterday because of the sale, and it just charged me $10. It was pretty great not using those terrible points.
Yes, there is a thread somewhere...
I always thought GoD was always cash though?
Old 07-10-2013, 09:32 AM   #26
The Duke of Darkness

The Allslayer's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
It's more than Sony or Nintendo ever gave me, just sayin'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceman417 View Post
Yes, there is a thread somewhere...
I always thought GoD was always cash though?
It is, you can press x to change it to points though.
The Duke of Darkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 10:21 AM   #27
Rickmassacre

Rickmassacre's Gamercard
that's from xbox rewards.
i remember thinking wow, 20 msp.
but saying that i've had over 1000msp from rewards. from buying new live, getting a rebate b/c of gamerscore etc.

100% (66)
List Of 100%
http://www.trueachievements.com/game...gamerid=340720

You should work more on your gamerscore, and less on your post counts.
Rickmassacre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 10:51 AM   #28
iHappySlapped

SayYoToPotato's Gamercard
Just think, in 20 years you could buy Sonic 1.. WOAH!

Stay trigger happy <3

Playing through:
Forza Horizon (360)

iHappySlapped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 01:37 AM   #29
Kairi

Send a message via Skype™ to Kairi

Kairi x360's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   Tri-Gamer Tournament - Runner Up   A+ Thread Award   Staff - Moderator   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Silver   Staff - Guide Team   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Silver
Total Awards: 24 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingless View Post
Are they going to be getting rid of the points for Xbox One?
They are getting rid of Microsoft Point entirely when the next dashboard update comes out in the fall. The Xbox 360 will no longer have points, and the Xbox One will never have points. All of the points that you have will be converted into real money which will expire in one year if you do not use it.
Kairi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 03:30 PM   #30
Yeffrey
Banned User

Quote:
So I get this e-mail today:

Hi Xenolith666,

Happy Birthday Month!

Congratulations! This month you'll be another year wiser. But what's a birthday without a sweet surprise? Try this: Enjoy 20 Microsoft Points as our gift to you. Use it toward anything you wish in the Xbox LIVE Marketplace. Your birthday Microsoft Points will be automatically deposited into your Xbox LIVE account by the 15th of the month.

It's just one of the fun extras you get for reaching CONTENDER, CHAMPION or LEGEND status on MyAchievements from Xbox LIVE Rewards. Now, take a deep breath and blow out those candles!

Hoping your birthday wishes come true,

Xbox LIVE Rewards Squad

Seriously? 20 points? does that even equate to a unit of money that exists? wtf am I going to buy with that? If it was 400msp I could understand it.. that's $5.. this will not kill Microsoft and I can actually get an arcade game or DLC with it.. 20msp is for me to poop on. i'm sure others have seen this.. but first time for me and wow that's just disappointing..

I'm quoting dethklok here: open up your deathday present it's a box of fucking nothing. rsvp please
Entitlement Generation detected.

I suppose you also slap mommy and daddy on Xmas day when you don't get what you want either?
Yeffrey is offline   Reply With Quote