PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Battlefield 3 > Aftermath
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-28-2012, 02:36 PM   #1
Rapturous Rich

Rapturous Rich's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
One thing I don't like about Aftermath

is the inclusion of tanks and choppers on the one map - Markaz Monolith I think?

I was under the impression that in the aftermath of a natural disaster the teams' resources and reinforcements have been drastically downsized, the best vehicle you can get is a suped-up Humvee or Vodnik because everything else is in ruins, a crossbow has been moulded out of wrecked weapons and soldiers have had to reinforce their transport vehicles with what they can find.

What are everyone else's thoughts on this?
Old 12-28-2012, 02:47 PM   #2
WickedD365

Send a message via Yahoo to WickedD365

WickedD365's Gamercard
Maybe this map is closer to the bases or front line maybe.
Old 12-28-2012, 03:08 PM   #3
Opiate42

Location: Canada, likely stuck in a snowdrift...with no shovel

Opiate42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Meh, doesn't bother me. Until I'm rolling in that piddly pathetically un-armoured van and round a corner straight into aforementioned tank.

Me = splat

"Hit it"
Opiate42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 05:36 PM   #4
WOLFkraut

WOLFkraut's Gamercard

WTF, man! That's the best map! :-P It could've used a Viper...

lol, seriously, though, the Little Birds could be flown in and the tanks... well, there were tanks in the singleplayer missions that take place after the earthquake! Maybe IFVs would've been more fitting.
Old 12-28-2012, 08:06 PM   #5
Skillet

Send a message via MSN to Skillet

Skillet x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   x360a Representer   Staff Club - Skillet   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   A+ Thread Award   Road Map - Bronze   Word of Mouth   SOTF Runner Up   SOTF Winner   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
I hate any map with a tank. My buddy Martin has more luck at destroying them than I do, so I generally end up playing ring around the rosy, trying to stay on whichever part of the map the tank is NOT.

Read them.... apply them.

Skillet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 08:36 PM   #6
BBDrew84

BBDrew's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapturous Rich View Post
What are everyone else's thoughts on this?
I think if there was a major catastrophic event while there was some kind of war going on there would still be functioning equipment and vehicles. There are bases set up close to war zones and I would think they would do what ever is necessary to get instruments of war to the front line so they could win.

It does not bother me, personally I don't like using vehicles on tight maps because taking them out is usually easy and some nice easy points. Also it is only on one map that these vehicles are in play so it is really not a big deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOLFkraut View Post
well, there were tanks in the singleplayer missions that take place after the earthquake! Maybe IFVs would've been more fitting.
Exactly, and they drove their tank right through a building! IFV's would have been more fitting, in my opinion, Monolith with a BTR would be tits!

BBDrew84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 08:08 PM   #7
WOLFkraut

WOLFkraut's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBDrew84 View Post
I think if there was a major catastrophic event while there was some kind of war going on there would still be functioning equipment and vehicles. There are bases set up close to war zones and I would think they would do what ever is necessary to get instruments of war to the front line so they could win.

It does not bother me, personally I don't like using vehicles on tight maps because taking them out is usually easy and some nice easy points. Also it is only on one map that these vehicles are in play so it is really not a big deal.

Exactly, and they drove their tank right through a building! IFV's would have been more fitting, in my opinion, Monolith with a BTR would be tits!
Yeah, I agree! A BTR and an LAV would've been perfect for Aftermath. Plus, if I recall, wheeled vehicles actually fair better than tracked ones in an environment like the the aftermath of an earthquake. Also, driving a tank through a building is just plain awesome.
Old 12-30-2012, 09:23 PM   #8
mark197205

mark197205's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by WOLFkraut View Post
Yeah, I agree! A BTR and an LAV would've been perfect for Aftermath. Plus, if I recall, wheeled vehicles actually fair better than tracked ones in an environment like the the aftermath of an earthquake. Also, driving a tank through a building is just plain awesome.

Until the building collapses on top of the tank..

Eh Drew?

Games at 100% = 9 (8 retail, 1 XBLA)
Games being worked on = A few..
mark197205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 12:19 AM   #9
Rapturous Rich

Would've been cooler if DICE had implemented something akin to Armoured Kill's Gunship where you have to cap a flag to gain access to the armour (ie: hunker down until reinforcements arrive). Or like Wake Island's Airstrip which gives you access to jets.
Old 12-31-2012, 01:21 AM   #10
Barad
High on Life

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
^^ Whip out yer RPG tis all good!

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 03:31 AM   #11
BBDrew84

BBDrew's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark197205 View Post
Until the building collapses on top of the tank..

Eh Drew?
That is actually one of my top 10 BF3 memories and I almost did it again the other night...

I love driving my Tank through stuff and into shit. It is a fucking Tank and it needs to be driven as such, with little to no regard for anything or anyone.

BBDrew84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 06:21 AM   #12
WOLFkraut

WOLFkraut's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapturous Rich View Post
Would've been cooler if DICE had implemented something akin to Armoured Kill's Gunship where you have to cap a flag to gain access to the armour (ie: hunker down until reinforcements arrive). Or like Wake Island's Airstrip which gives you access to jets.
That actually would be a good idea. Maybe Aftermath should've been the one with the vehicle airdrops.

Quote:
That is actually one of my top 10 BF3 memories and I almost did it again the other night...

I love driving my Tank through stuff and into shit. It is a fucking Tank and it needs to be driven as such, with little to no regard for anything or anyone.
I have a book of WWII era German armored vehicles and there is actually an old propaganda photo in it of an early production model Tiger I driving right through a nice little French house. The writers noted that, even with the turret and cannon facing the rear of the tank, that this was actually a terrible idea that was very likely to damage the tank and would never be done in real combat. Of course, modern tanks would be far more durable and it still doesn't change the fact that it's just plain awesome.
Old 12-31-2012, 03:04 PM   #13
Rapturous Rich

Quote:
Originally Posted by B A R 4 D View Post
^^ Whip out yer RPG tis all good!
Where's the "Report for sexual harassment" button for this despicable post?
Old 12-31-2012, 03:36 PM   #14
mark197205

mark197205's Gamercard
Quote:

It was bloody funny..

Games at 100% = 9 (8 retail, 1 XBLA)
Games being worked on = A few..
mark197205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 10:54 PM   #15
Slaughter.
Wot r u casul??!??

Cpt Slaugh7er's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
I dislike tanks but I like maps with aerial vehicles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
I think Halo: Reach is the best Halo game and should be played by everyone.

Slaughter. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 06:30 PM   #16
espressobean

espressobean's Gamercard
Nothing adds pucker factor like a tank rolling through and you are caught in the open.