PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Fallout: New Vegas
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-08-2012, 03:47 PM   #1
Billyraye

Billyraye's Gamercard
100 skills build

OK, here's how you can get a perfect character (100 skills). I spent some hours figuring this all out perfectly, have confirmed the Skilled bug/glitch. The alternate is a build i found after i was lvl 8 and am not starting again, but does get you a perfect with more STR. Neither of these builds accounts for the INT implant, so there is plenty of SP to go around. Good luck!

1. SPECIAL- S6 P6 E8 C1 I7 A6 L6 (49 lvl *13.5 sp)=661.5 (Alternate- S7 P6 E8 C1 I6 A6 L6 (49 lvl * 13 sp=637)
2. You get 240 SP @ start with tag skills 661.5+240=901.5 (637+240=877)
3. Take the Small Frame (+1 AGI) and Skilled(+5 to all skills, -10% XP) 901.5+65=966.5 (877+65=942)
4. After you leave good springs, you have an opportunity to redistribute your points. If you reselect the Skilled trait, you get an additional 65 points free with no additional xp penalty. It does not remove the initial 65 you got when u took it in doc Mitchells office. 966.5+65=1031.5 (942+65=1007)
5. If you collect every skill book without Comprehension, you can get 295 points. 1031.5+285=1316.5 (1007+285=1292)
6. At anytime you can pickup the INT implant which will make up the 8 pts in the alt build or get you to max skill points faster.

I take Intense Training at lvl 2 to get my End to 9 so i can get all implants. Since comprehension and educated are no longer necessary, i took rapid reload @ lvl 4.

I am currently working on when is the best place to save to beat all 4 endings in 1 play through. Will post when I know exactly where to save it.

Side note, when you beat Old World Blues you will get either +1 or +2 STR. With Weapon Handling perk, you can use every weapon in the game to clean up the achievements. Or you can use the alternate build and get the same effect. Or you can wear power armor. The choices are pretty open with this build.

Last edited by Billyraye; 12-08-2012 at 03:55 PM.
Billyraye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 09:02 PM   #2
Nesmaster

Nesmaster's Gamercard
This was great information Thank you a few more levels and all my skills will be 100 Charisma was useless in the end.
Nesmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 02:03 AM   #3
Cann0nSen5ei

Cann0nSen5ei's Gamercard
this is a well thought out character build
you can also reselect the skilled trait again at the Sink Autodoc in Old World Blues.
Old 12-18-2012, 02:16 AM   #4
THE DEADLY DOG
Maximum Clubs Guide Dog

Send a message via AIM to THE DEADLY DOG Send a message via MSN to THE DEADLY DOG Send a message via Skype™ to THE DEADLY DOG

THE DEADLY DOG's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   Community Gaming - Bronze   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Staff - Maximum Clubs Director   Micro Guide - Gold   Subscriber - Bronze   Staff Club - * Clueless *   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
O_o Holy crap that's some solid math work there. If only i had the time to go back and dump more of my life into this game.

You have to get on the train in the beginning when things are still changing and everything is rough, unpolished, and incomplete in order to enjoy the bliss found at your stop.
THE DEADLY DOG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 06:46 PM   #5
Billyraye

Billyraye's Gamercard
Thanks for the feedback. I knew all that college math would payoff big one day lol. I did not know about the auto sink, havent played Old World Blues. This build will also get you through any speech check involving SPECIAL except a PER 8 in Old World, which can be passed with any +1 PER item. CHR only effects optional dialogue, nothing can be missed with low CHR.
Old 12-23-2012, 12:05 AM   #6
smashingrascal

smashingrascal's Gamercard
This requires you to get every skillbook, even the ones in DLC including the craftable books right?
There are severall ways to speed this up though.
smashingrascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 11:38 PM   #7
Billyraye

Billyraye's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by smashingrascal View Post
This requires you to get every skillbook, even the ones in DLC including the craftable books right?
There are severall ways to speed this up though.
Nope, this build does not require the craft-able books. Just the ones found in the DLC. Of course there are faster ways to get to 100 (namely by taking comprehension and educated, or taking more points in INT) but I find there are 2-3 skills people don't need so why waste points building quickly when you can max the effectiveness of each individual point? I am too OCD to "waste" 3-7 levels of skill points. I'd rather have higher all around SPECIAL with the 100 @ lvl 50.
Old 12-28-2012, 10:06 PM   #8
smashingrascal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billyraye View Post
Nope, this build does not require the craft-able books. Just the ones found in the DLC. Of course there are faster ways to get to 100 (namely by taking comprehension and educated, or taking more points in INT) but I find there are 2-3 skills people don't need so why waste points building quickly when you can max the effectiveness of each individual point? I am too OCD to "waste" 3-7 levels of skill points. I'd rather have higher all around SPECIAL with the 100 @ lvl 50.
I'm too lazy to look for a the books even when using a guide so i'll still pick educated and comprehention but that's just me. everyone has a different playstyle so you can play any way you like, right?
And by the 3 skills you probably mean barter, guns(50) and unarmed(50)
Old 01-08-2013, 09:09 AM   #9
ReaptheChaos

ReaptheChaos's Gamercard
If it was just the base game where you're restricted to 30 levels, I would say this was worth the effort, but seeing as the 4 DLC's raise the max level to 50, you will have no problem getting all your skills to 100. I believe I maxed them out around level 44-46 and never had to take the skilled trait or use any other glitch to do so.

If its true that what you donít know cant hurt you, then you must be practically invincible!
ReaptheChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 01:35 PM   #10
smashingrascal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaptheChaos View Post
If it was just the base game where you're restricted to 30 levels, I would say this was worth the effort, but seeing as the 4 DLC's raise the max level to 50, you will have no problem getting all your skills to 100. I believe I maxed them out around level 44-46 and never had to take the skilled trait or use any other glitch to do so.
What was your build then? i'm expecting either a perk like educated or comprehention or really high intelligence and all implants and skillbooks?
Old 01-11-2013, 12:00 PM   #11
JONBLEACH

Bleach x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Where should i allocate my SPECIAL stats into at the start if:

I want to hold alot - looting then selling
Have lots of VATS points
Mainly using guns before anything
Lockpick is also nice

Im having trouble choosing how many points i shud put in each.
Gamertag: Bleach x360a
JONBLEACH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 06:44 PM   #12
Billyraye

Billyraye's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaptheChaos View Post
That is correct except my guide makes sure you max out the usefulness of all your SPECIAL. Skill points are not wasted (60-70 in your case if you maxed @44-46) and you get 2 extra perks by not taking comprehension and educated.