PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password
 

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Dragon's Dogma
Subscribe    Donate

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2012, 08:42 PM   #1
Valiantheart
 
Valiantheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 290

valiant heart's Gamercard
Post game/New Game+ ?

I could use some info to help me figure out what I'm doing next. I have a few questions...

I just beat Grigori for the first time. (84 hours in, Main character is a Ranger, DF'ed a pair of Rusty Daggers and the Bezel Crown bow), so from what little I understand at this point I just entered post game, and this means the everfall is open? This also should allow me to buy extra portcrystals at the black cat right?

I have like 50% of the achievements left to get, so I have to figure out how to get them, and it looks like there are a lot of achievements that are related to different endings?

I heard read about everfall and the ur dragon a little bit but I did not figure there would be so much stuff going on AFTER you beat Grigori (which was the main point of the story).

I know that I can start a New game+ at some point but exactly when can I do that? I have ALOT of quests that I missed (Like everything to do with the witch). I had no idea that you could really miss so much stuff so easily in this game.

Any help would be appreciated.
__________________
50K - 7/25/11
AC Brotherhood - Forget Paris

I WILL PUKE BLOOD INTO YOUR SOUL!
Valiantheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 11:30 PM   #2
Shiftie
 
Shiftie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: In a van, down by the river
Posts: 3,656

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Road Map - Diamond   Green Thumb - Bronze   Micro Guide - Platinum   Submit - Silver   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Staff Club - Shiftie   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valiantheart View Post
I could use some info to help me figure out what I'm doing next. I have a few questions...

I just beat Grigori for the first time. (84 hours in, Main character is a Ranger, DF'ed a pair of Rusty Daggers and the Bezel Crown bow), so from what little I understand at this point I just entered post game, and this means the everfall is open? This also should allow me to buy extra portcrystals at the black cat right?

I have like 50% of the achievements left to get, so I have to figure out how to get them, and it looks like there are a lot of achievements that are related to different endings?

I heard read about everfall and the ur dragon a little bit but I did not figure there would be so much stuff going on AFTER you beat Grigori (which was the main point of the story).

I know that I can start a New game+ at some point but exactly when can I do that? I have ALOT of quests that I missed (Like everything to do with the witch). I had no idea that you could really miss so much stuff so easily in this game.

Any help would be appreciated.
There are quite a few achievements that are easier to get in, or only achievable in Everfall. Personally, I decided to just do Everfall after my first playthrough and get some nice armor and what not, before starting over on NG+ and doing the sidequests achievement along with my second playthrough.

Overall, I recommend at least spending some time having fun in Everfall, but if you find you don't enjoy it, just start up the new game.
__________________

(^Literally the coolest part of SWTOR)
Shiftie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:20 PM   #3
Valiantheart
 
Valiantheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 290

valiant heart's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftie View Post
There are quite a few achievements that are easier to get in, or only achievable in Everfall. Personally, I decided to just do Everfall after my first playthrough and get some nice armor and what not, before starting over on NG+ and doing the sidequests achievement along with my second playthrough.

Overall, I recommend at least spending some time having fun in Everfall, but if you find you don't enjoy it, just start up the new game.

I had just managed to beat the game last night before your post.

I had just decided to try making my way through Everfall and see what happens. I'm glad I did research a little bit before I did. I only went through maybe half of the floors, and didn't even bother trying to go up against the Ur Dragon since I know I can fight him in NG+. I kinda disliked Everfall. The layout is extrememly confusing the first time you enter. I kinda like how it ties into the quest that take you into the areas under the Pawn Guild and Gran Soren, but navigating the place is horrible. I dunno why but I had the idea the place would be similar to the waterfall cave and not some place where you are litterally EVERFALLing down a shaft (I did not realize it was the same place where you went into earlier, only to access part of it. Guess maybe I missed something) . I figured maybe if I found a map of the shaft and where the entrance to each floor is that would help but I didn't find one (until now). The best way I can think of it is to look at it like a clock and figure it out from there, for example The Chamber of Lament (Ur Dragon) is 8 floors down near the 4 o'clock (E-SE) position on the map.

I dont really see why its refered to as post-game either. Sure It was believed that the dragon would be the final boss and the rest of the crap is just kinda thrown on you but the everfall is just another part of the story, you just didn't know about it till it happens.
__________________
50K - 7/25/11
AC Brotherhood - Forget Paris

I WILL PUKE BLOOD INTO YOUR SOUL!
Valiantheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 03:41 PM   #4
K one
 
K one's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 88

Loschen Sie's Gamercard
I actually enjoyed Everfall. And it boosted me almost 8 levels just in fighting the enemies there. Going from level 42 to 50 easily.
Oddly I enjoyed it more than most the main story. Didn't feel like a bunch of aimless wandering.
__________________


"Don't believe in the you that I believe in. Believe in the you that you believe in." - TTGL
Great words to live by. But I go with. "Do your best at everything. Always be strong, be fierce, and don't let others hold you back. Most of all don't hold yourself back." - K
K one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 07:15 PM   #5
Valiantheart
 
Valiantheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 290

valiant heart's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by K one View Post
I actually enjoyed Everfall. And it boosted me almost 8 levels just in fighting the enemies there. Going from level 42 to 50 easily.
Oddly I enjoyed it more than most the main story. Didn't feel like a bunch of aimless wandering.

"aimless wandering"

That's called exploration.

I went from 67 to 71 finishing the game in Everfall, and I skipped over quite a few chambers. I did not feel like going up against 2 Cockatrices, and I didn't even bother going up against the Ur Dragon.

Now i'm 17 hours into my second playthrough at level 78. My biggest problem with "post game" is that Everfall is not the best place to level up your vocation. I was an Assassin the whole time, and only got a few vocation ranks. Definately one of the best vocations though.
__________________
50K - 7/25/11
AC Brotherhood - Forget Paris

I WILL PUKE BLOOD INTO YOUR SOUL!
Valiantheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 04:54 AM   #6
K one
 
K one's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 88

Loschen Sie's Gamercard
Yeah.
I'm not a big open world gamer. I cannot get into Elder Scrolls really. Just feels like a solo MMO. And I get bored always going it alone. But sometimes people do annoy me in those types of games.
My types of RPGs tend to be more story driven types the exploration types.
But I do like dragon's dogma. All the fun of a team based game without the annoyance of those idjits running around ruining your experience.
__________________


"Don't believe in the you that I believe in. Believe in the you that you believe in." - TTGL
Great words to live by. But I go with. "Do your best at everything. Always be strong, be fierce, and don't let others hold you back. Most of all don't hold yourself back." - K
K one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:27 PM   #7
Valiantheart
 
Valiantheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 290

valiant heart's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by K one View Post
Yeah.
I'm not a big open world gamer. I cannot get into Elder Scrolls really. Just feels like a solo MMO. And I get bored always going it alone. But sometimes people do annoy me in those types of games.
My types of RPGs tend to be more story driven types the exploration types.
But I do like dragon's dogma. All the fun of a team based game without the annoyance of those idjits running around ruining your experience.
For some reason I can't really get into Elder Scrolls either. I bet you take flack from people you know about that, cause I know I do. I have friends that insist that Elder Scrolls is the BEST RPG series ever. Oblivion was was one of the first 360 games I bought and I just couldn't get into it, though I just recently bought the Complete edition for $10 to give it another try. For $10 its worth taking the chance.

Anyway..

DD is a great game. A game has to be good for me to put so many hours into it and immediately start a second playthrough after spending 90 hours on my first playthrough.

I unfortunately have the occasional problem with pawns though.. Sometimes they just don't do jack, which ruins the "team" experience. For example I am trying to max out all my vocations with my main character. Just started Sorcerer. At the same time I am doing my second playthrough and trying to do quests that I missed the first time around, this includes the Witch hunt quest which I got last night. I dunno if you did this one yet but it involves fighting a Golem... I should have realized that and changed my vocation. I am a Sorc, my main pawn is a Warrior, and my supports are a Warrior and Mage. Magic really doesn't do crap against Golems and the 2 warrior pawns were just standing there not really doing anything. That was not a fun battle. Sorc against a Golem is not fun, though I did win and found out that High Glicel does do some damage against the Golem. Other times I have had magic pawns standing there doing nothing while fighting Griffins.
__________________
50K - 7/25/11
AC Brotherhood - Forget Paris

I WILL PUKE BLOOD INTO YOUR SOUL!
Valiantheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 11:37 PM   #8
K one
 
K one's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 88

Loschen Sie's Gamercard
Yeah. I do get a lot for not being into that series. When people say it is the best RPG I tell them to check out Lunar or Persona 3 P or Chrono Trigger. Because I thought those are much better than Oblivion. Skyrim does seem cool but only because of dragons.

Most games like DD I wouldn't play through more than once. And if I do it would be for achievements.

I am not that into building up all the classes. But I agree. A lot of times the computer does just attack around the larger bosses legs and do not scale them at all. But only had minor problems with this.
__________________


"Don't believe in the you that I believe in. Believe in the you that you believe in." - TTGL
Great words to live by. But I go with. "Do your best at everything. Always be strong, be fierce, and don't let others hold you back. Most of all don't hold yourself back." - K
K one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 05:10 AM   #9
Valiantheart
 
Valiantheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 290

valiant heart's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by K one View Post
Yeah. I do get a lot for not being into that series. When people say it is the best RPG I tell them to check out Lunar or Persona 3 P or Chrono Trigger. Because I thought those are much better than Oblivion. Skyrim does seem cool but only because of dragons.

Most games like DD I wouldn't play through more than once. And if I do it would be for achievements.

I am not that into building up all the classes. But I agree. A lot of times the computer does just attack around the larger bosses legs and do not scale them at all. But only had minor problems with this.
I agree that Skyrim does seem a bit cooler than Oblivion, and I did think about checking it out, which is one of the reasons I bought Oblivion again. If I can't get into it then I probably wont be able to enjoy skyrim at all.

I've played some of the Lunar games and I enjoyed the Silver Star Story and Eternal Blue remakes on PS1, but after that forget it.... The rest of the games IMHO were not as good. Especially the PSP remake of SSS.

My fav RPG series is Final Fantasy, with 7 being my fav RPG of all time. Something has gotta be my fav if I am willing to beat it about 10 times.

DD is really good and I'm glad to see Capcom put a great game together for once. I have been waiting for something else from them for a long time, namely another Breath of Fire game, but DD is pretty good. My second fav RPG of all time is Breath of Fire 3. I've beaten it 3 times, and each time I have spent at least 75 hours.

I take it you like dragons? If you like dragons and RPGs maybe you should check out the Breath of Fire games (namely 3 and 4, which were released on PS1).
__________________
50K - 7/25/11
AC Brotherhood - Forget Paris

I WILL PUKE BLOOD INTO YOUR SOUL!
Valiantheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 03:23 PM   #10
carlgoadby
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: England
Posts: 16

Naughty Carlos's Gamercard
I recommend buying the Game Guide off of amazon or something I did and it helps ALOT telling you what bosses are on every level of the Everfall and what items lay within. it also gives you all the information on getting the achievements. without the guide there would have been tonnes of things I would have missed.
carlgoadby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 03:58 PM   #11
Valiantheart
 
Valiantheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 290

valiant heart's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlgoadby View Post
I recommend buying the Game Guide off of amazon or something I did and it helps ALOT telling you what bosses are on every level of the Everfall and what items lay within. it also gives you all the information on getting the achievements. without the guide there would have been tonnes of things I would have missed.
Info on all the achievements and how to get them are available here.

Also this site, and forums, have a lot of other useful info on the game, and there is a DD Wikia that is realy helpful too.

All of these things are available to use FREE.

http://dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Everfall

This page in particular really helped me figure out Everfall better.
__________________
50K - 7/25/11
AC Brotherhood - Forget Paris

I WILL PUKE BLOOD INTO YOUR SOUL!
Valiantheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 04:16 PM   #12
carlgoadby
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: England
Posts: 16

Naughty Carlos's Gamercard
yeah I understand that but im kinda old school when it comes to things like this. having the guide right in front of you and telling everything you need to know is 10x easier than having to find all the different tips etc... on the internet...
carlgoadby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 05:18 PM   #13
Valiantheart
 
Valiantheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 290

valiant heart's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlgoadby View Post
yeah I understand that but im kinda old school when it comes to things like this. having the guide right in front of you and telling everything you need to know is 10x easier than having to find all the different tips etc... on the internet...
That's what my Kindle is for. Also it helps that I have a laptop.

One area where Strategy guides fail is post-launch. Sometimes errors get printed or DLC comes out, things change via patches. Internet can accomodate for this, printed strategy guides can't.
__________________
50K - 7/25/11
AC Brotherhood - Forget Paris

I WILL PUKE BLOOD INTO YOUR SOUL!
Valiantheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 03:41 PM.