Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Announcements
Subscribe    Donate

Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2012, 02:07 PM   #1
Method

Method x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Minty   Micro Guide - Bronze   x360a Representer   Road Map - Emerald   PAX Meet 2010   Achievement Guide - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Gold   1,000 Posts   Member of the Month   A+ Thread Award   Bright Idea
Total Awards: 14 (more» ...)
Subscriber Spotlight - December 2012

This month's subscriber is from an exotic land called Maine. He is a huge fan of Bethesda and has watched the movie Moon Child as least a hundred times! Some of you may know him for his great graphics work but he is a serious gamer first. Ladies and gentlemen I present to you Gackt...

Welcome to the spotlight! Introduce yourself and tell us a little bit about yourself.
Hello everyone! My name is Jesse, I am 30 years old and live in Maine, USA. Gaming is pretty much what I do with all of my time. I am a very quiet person, those of you who have played on live with me know this I am sure...lol. Bit short of an intro, but that's all I got.

What first brought you to x360a, and then what made you stick around and subscribe?
I came here looking for achievement lists for new/upcoming games, I met some pretty great people and liked the site so much I decided to stick around for a while. I subscribed because the amount of information, achievement help, guides, and overall helpful community seemed like something worth giving back to.

How did you come up with your gamertag?
Gackt... I may be slightly obsessed with the man. He is just the perfect human being

Is the 360 your only current console? What others have sharpened your gaming skills over the years?
I started gaming on the Atari back when I was around 5 or 6. I have a nice collection of consoles. Atari 2600, ColecoVision, Commodore 64, Sega Genesis, Nintendo, Super Nintendo, TubroGrafx 16, Neo Geo, Atari Jaguar, 3DO, Virtual Boy, Sega Saturn, Nintendo 64, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Original Xbox, Dreamcast, Gameboy, Gameboy advanced, and my 360.
Super Nintendo has been my favorite of them all, I still play it quite a bit to this day.

What is your gaming setup?
Samsung 46" 1080p LED HDTV, I haven't bought a surround sound system yet...been happy with my Turtle Beach EarForce x12's and x1's for quite a while. I am using a 360 Elite (black, no skins) I was using a 73inch Mitsubishi HDTV but...there is such a thing as too big as I found out after buying it lol.

When you're picking the next game to grace your console, do you go for game play or achievements first?
Used to be achievements first, I was very addicted to them for a while. Gameplay first for me now, but I still quite enjoy achievements.

Everyone has a 360 game they can't get enough of, what’s yours?
Dark Souls. Such a unique and great style of game that I really hope to see more of in the future. Tough...but not cheap like a lot of "hard" games these days.

And the game that makes you scream?
Call of Duty. I am pretty decent at the multiplayer, I enjoy it...but for some reason I can never get a team who is willing to use teamwork. That's right, complain when I can't stop 5 guys from taking our flag when I'm defending by myself while you're all off playing for kills instead of going for the objectives...it eventually starts to annoy me, lol.

What achievement(s) are you most proud of?
Seriously.. from Gears of War 1. I played that game every day when it came out, it was such a great multiplayer game and I enjoyed every hour it took to get to 10,000 ranked kills. There are plenty of other achievements that were tough in other games but I don't remember having as much fun as I did with Gears. I however have not liked the rest of the series like I did with the first game.

We all know gaming goes on till the early morning. What do you eat and drink to keep the reflexes sharp all night?
I used to drink a ton of Redbull, or Monster...but that caught up with me and now...pretty much mostly water or the occasional Powerade. As for food, pizza rolls, frozen pizza, pretty much anything pizza.

You've played through a lot of games during that time. Out of all of the games you played, which was your favorite?
Syndicate. I'm a sucker for anything with a Cyberpunk theme and for the first time ever I got to be number 1 on a leaderboard for a while. I got to play with a few of my favorite x360a members and we kept our Syndicate number 1 until we all moved on from that game. I wish it had been received better and got some DLC though.

Well, there has to be a few games that you didn't like. Which ones were the worst?
Oblivion, Skyrim, and Fallout 3. I have an eternal hate for Bethesda for turning Fallout into an Elder Scrolls clone. Fallout 1 & 2 are my favorite rpg's of all time. I also don't like Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Bioshock, and Halo. They are not bad games, just not for me.

Everyone has their games that they just struggle with. Which games did your head in?
Fighting games. I love them, but I am awful at them.

Not every game with quick points is easy to complete. Are there any games that you are giving up on?
Bubble Bobble. I used to love playing that in the arcade years and years ago. One of my favorite older games but I am not very good at it. I'll keep playing it but I have given up on trying to get any more achievements for it.

What was the last thing you purchased on the arcade? Was it worth it?
Mark of the Ninja and Guardians of Middle Earth. Mark of the Ninja is definitely worth getting, excellent game. Guardians of Middle Earth is pretty awesome...I like MOBA (Multiplayer Online Battle Arena) games and hope to see more of them.

Which game(s) are you most eagerly awaiting?

Aliens: Colonial Marines and Watch Dogs. Would love to see what some developers are working on for the next gen systems though.

If you were Admin of the site for a day, what would you do?!
Ban everyone who posts in any of the forums for Bethesda games.

Any closing remarks?
Thanks to everyone who make this site such a great place. I love the staff and the community here.

Last edited by Method; 12-10-2012 at 02:16 PM.
Old 12-10-2012, 02:29 PM   #2
Nozza XBA

SnozzyBear's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Artist of the Month   Family Corner Challenge Club - Tier 1   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Road Map - Platinum   Micro Guide - Silver   Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
I'm not reading anymore until I see a REAL photo of yourself!

This one does not count;

Current Gamerscore: GAMERTAG
Old 12-10-2012, 03:04 PM   #3
* Clueless *

Clueless 726's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - * Clueless *   Submit - Silver   The Helping Hand   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   A+ Thread Award   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Knew you'd include your <3 for Bethesda somewhere within the Spotlight

Good read, congrats, Cheers buddy!
Old 12-10-2012, 03:12 PM   #4
THE DEADLY DOG
Max'd Guiding Mod Dog

Send a message via AIM to THE DEADLY DOG Send a message via Skype™ to THE DEADLY DOG

THE DEADLY DOG's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff - Moderator   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Submit - Diamond   Community Gaming - Bronze   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Staff - Maximum Clubs Director   Micro Guide - Gold   Subscriber - Bronze
Total Awards: 18 (more» ...)
Ahh the man the myth the gackt.

Awesome read.
Old 12-10-2012, 03:22 PM   #5
ChickinOnaChain

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Nice interview! Gackt was one of my first friends here and has helped me with posting some pictures!

Old 12-10-2012, 03:26 PM   #6
jackanape
Duchess Gummybuns

jackanape's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Shiftie   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - rekikire   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Staff - Super Moderator   Road Map - Platinum   A+ Thread Award   Green Thumb - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   CABS Beta Tester   Staff Club - TemporalWizard
Total Awards: 38 (more» ...)
What the hell?

People hating on Bethesda? I just don't know what's going on in the world anymore, I mean, next people will be hating on Call of Duty, or EA, or having your best friend sleeping with your girlfriend behind your back........then I JUST DON'T KNOW WHAT I'LL DO!!!!

Ah ha ha. Congrats anyway though - even if you do have diabolical taste.

Old 12-10-2012, 03:44 PM   #7
Grifter Reborn

Send a message via Skype™ to Grifter Reborn

Grifter x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Emerald   CABS Beta Tester   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   x360a Representer   Road Map - Bronze   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Oh no. A spotlight featuring Gackt? What has happened to this world? Can't get much worse than this, I suppose.

/sarcasm

So are we gonna tear it up on A:CM in a couple of months?

Change is inevitable.

Old 12-10-2012, 05:35 PM   #8
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Good read, I like these spotlights they give a good insight and heh...I guess you're an alright dude...

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Old 12-10-2012, 06:02 PM   #9
MadHatters13
Mod/Maximum Clubs' Jester

Send a message via Skype™ to MadHatters13

Madhatters13's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff - Moderator   CABS Beta Tester   Over Achiever - Bronze   Staff Club - Madhatters13   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 4   1,000 Posts   Staff - Maximum Clubs Director   Forza 3 Subscribers Tournament- Winner   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   GSL 8 Winners   Castle Crashers Subscribers Tourn. - Second Place
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
A very enjoyable read there buddy. That's one heck of a console history you've got there. What games do you still play on your Super Nintendo?

*AYAABTU high-five*

~ Feelings grow into hopes ~
Old 12-10-2012, 06:16 PM   #10
Ceris
~Kairi's Student~

Tragic Melody's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Staff - Guide Team   CABS Beta Tester   Community Gaming - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Ceris   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Gratz on the spotlight, Gackt. Don't worry, you aren't the only one who can't stand Bethesda games. Also wanted to give extra thanks for all the Sigs/Avatars you have worked on.

Helping Hand Award Nominations || Please disable your ad blocker for XBA!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech
An ad blocker prevents the ad from loading in the first place, and the counter is on the ad's side, not the site's. As such, an ad blocker stops the increment from going up and no revenue is generated as a result of your page views.
Old 12-10-2012, 06:17 PM   #11
Capn Doug
Community and Events Lead

Capn Doug XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Ceris   Staff Club - rekikire   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Arcade Crazy - Platinum   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 2   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Shiftie   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3
Total Awards: 50 (more» ...)
That's an impressive collection of old school consoles. That's how classic games are supposed to be played. Playing Metroid on a keyboard just isn't the same as playing it with the controller that never heard of ergonomics.
Old 12-10-2012, 09:35 PM   #12
Tyger7

Send a message via AIM to Tyger7 Send a message via Yahoo to Tyger7 Send a message via Skype™ to Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Gold   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   5,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Tyger7   The Helping Hand   Referrals - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   PAX Meet 2010
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
A 73" TV huh? No wonder you hated Fallout. Too much wasteland at once.
The things people say to get to 5 posts...

Xbox360 games I have
http://darkadia.com/member/tyger7/library
Old 12-10-2012, 09:55 PM   #13
Kairi

Send a message via Skype™ to Kairi

Kairi x360's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Silver   Community Gaming - Platinum   Tri-Gamer Tournament - Runner Up   A+ Thread Award   Staff - Moderator   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Silver   Staff - Guide Team   Achievement Guide - Silver
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
Congratulations Gacky! Great interview buddy! Also, I told you that you had good luck for being picked! You can't say you have bad luck with things now :P
But being the one on the stand, I know the way to go, no one's guiding me.
When time soaked with blood turns its back, I know it's hard to fall.
Confided in me was your heart. I know it's hurting you, but it's killing me.

Old 12-10-2012, 09:59 PM   #14
Gackt
Banned User

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Gackt   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   SOTF Winner   GSL 8 Winners   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   Artist of the Month   Call of Duty 4 Subscribers Tourn. - Second Place
Total Awards: 13 (more» ...)
Thx for all the comments all
I was super happy to be picked for subscriber of the month

And of course I had to include my love for all things Bethesda
Old 12-10-2012, 10:02 PM   #15
HugTheBear

FuzzyDonkeyLegs's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Nice interview, Gackt.
Old 12-10-2012, 10:37 PM   #16
DEG23
Listening to 1989

DEG23 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff Club - DEG23   Donator - Level 5   CABS Beta Tester   Staff - Moderator   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Rajeanero   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Nozza x360a
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
Yay Cyberpunk I still have to get around to importing Syndicate

Congrats on the spotlight Gackt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
always remember; ''WWTD'' (What would Taylor do?)
Old 12-10-2012, 11:22 PM   #17
KillerBEA
0 to 9001

Send a message via Skype™ to KillerBEA

The BEAst in I's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Emerald   The Helping Hand   Donator - Level 3   Subscriber - Silver   Artist of the Month   5,000 Posts   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 2   Fight Club Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester
Total Awards: 28 (more» ...)
Great read Gackt.

and plz don't ban me for helping with the skyrim guide <3 :P
Old 12-10-2012, 11:36 PM   #18
Spade.

Send a message via Skype™ to Spade.

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Minty   Over Achiever - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Ambassador 1x1 Competition - Second Place   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 14 (more» ...)
If you ever become a mod, please disregard my posts in the Oblivion forums. I was a horrible little fanboy of that game back then. but anyway, great read.

A spaceman...that's what they say I am...
Old 12-11-2012, 12:18 AM   #19
Yunder

YUNDERSTAND's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Green Thumb - Bronze   Micro Guide - Gold   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - rekikire   Achievement Guide - Gold   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Staff Club - troy0891   Staff Club - Tyger7   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Staff Club - Yunder   Submit - Emerald
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
Congrats on getting picked for Subscriber Spotlight, Gackt! Great interview. On behalf of everyone you've provided graphic service for, I thank you. You're a great help.
Old 12-11-2012, 01:14 AM   #20
TemporalWizard
Guide Team

TemporalWizard's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Silver   Submit - Platinum   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Silver   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - troy0891   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
Great interview, Gackt!
Old 12-11-2012, 07:36 PM   #21
Iceskater101

iceskater101's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Congrats Gackt!

credits to DEG23
Old 12-11-2012, 10:01 PM   #22
Gackt
Banned User

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Gackt   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   SOTF Winner   GSL 8 Winners   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   Artist of the Month   Call of Duty 4 Subscribers Tourn. - Second Place
Thanks guys
Old 12-12-2012, 12:38 AM   #23
katesith

Send a message via Skype™ to katesith

Katesith x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   Word of Mouth
Great interview Gackt! I do have to agree with you about Gackt, he is the perfect human being!

<THANKS AUDACIOUS!>
Old 12-14-2012, 03:49 AM   #24
Wildmn34

Wildmn34's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by * Clueless * View Post
Knew you'd include your <3 for Bethesda somewhere within the Spotlight
I was thinking the same thing as I read that. Happy to report I was not disappointed. lol

I would never ever poke fun at Gackt and Bethesda though. Some lines you just don't cross... ahem... moving on.

Nice interview buddy.

Thanks Rajeanero for the awesome work.
Old 12-14-2012, 04:05 AM   #25
StolenPaper18

StolenPaper18's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozza x360a View Post
I'm not reading anymore until I see a REAL photo of yourself!
I second this.

I can definitely relate about fighting games. Congrats, man!
Old 12-15-2012, 12:51 AM   #26
StayonTarget
Smashing!

Send a message via Skype™ to StayonTarget

TheStayonTarget's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Diamond   Staff Club - troy0891   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Platinum
Total Awards: 20 (more» ...)
Gackt? Never heard of him.

Thanks to Rajeanero for the sig!
Old 12-20-2012, 12:00 AM   #27
BooseyGirl
Banned User

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Congrats Gackt! I <3 you both! The song "Vanilla" was my first love! I was never a huge Malice Mizer fan so I was happy when Gackt left to pursue a solo career. I've been stuck on "Returner" since '06, but I think it's because I watched the Samurai Drama "Fuurin Kazan" on NHK religiously!

Gackt as Uesugi Kenshin was just beyond...hot.

*Ahem*

Annnnyway, Congrats on the Spotlight and I'll catch ya around the forums!

P.S: I just thought about this, kind of ironic that you got the December spotlight since another one of my favorite Gackt songs is "Juunigatsu no Love Song" (December's Love Song) which came out December 16th, 2001 in response to 9/11 that year. Hooray for Irony!
Old 12-22-2012, 02:26 PM   #28
Gackt
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BooseyGirl View Post
Congrats Gackt! I <3 you both! The song "Vanilla" was my first love! I was never a huge Malice Mizer fan so I was happy when Gackt left to pursue a solo career. I've been stuck on "Returner" since '06, but I think it's because I watched the Samurai Drama "Fuurin Kazan" on NHK religiously!

Gackt as Uesugi Kenshin was just beyond...hot.

*Ahem*

Annnnyway, Congrats on the Spotlight and I'll catch ya around the forums!

P.S: I just thought about this, kind of ironic that you got the December spotlight since another one of my favorite Gackt songs is "Juunigatsu no Love Song" (December's Love Song) which came out December 16th, 2001 in response to 9/11 that year. Hooray for Irony!
lol
Vanilla and Oasis were the first 2 songs I found from him, obsessed ever since. Longing might be my favorite though.
If you haven't seen it, I recommend watching Bunraku, Gackt is excellent in that film...but than again, Gackt is excellent in everything

Thanks again all for the comments!
Old 12-23-2012, 12:41 AM   #29
Corrupt.
Die, puny Earthlings

Corrupt XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Subscriber Clubs Baron   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff - Moderator   Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Platinum   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 1   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Achievement Guide - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal
Total Awards: 49 (more» ...)
Great read gackt although some of the answers were a bit, shall we say, expected

"The price is wrong, bitch”
Old 12-30-2012, 05:19 PM   #30
DrSoup

drsoup007's Gamercard
Talking

I love the Bethseda remark.
Closed Thread