PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Party > Kinect Party
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-11-2012, 02:08 PM   #1
onemorechanc

onemorechanc's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
This game will be free at launch

According to Major Nelson, this game will be free from the launch date (December 18, 2012) until the end of the year (December 31, 2012):

http://majornelson.com/2012/12/11/co...arketplace-21/

Grab it while it is free, even if you don't have a Kinect ... that way you can play it later.
onemorechanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 04:38 PM   #2
Requiem Kata

Requiem Kata's Gamercard
It would be rude not to really wouldn't it?

45 Games with 100% completion

Sponsored by Total Cult
Requiem Kata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:29 AM   #3
PK!

xD PK's Gamercard
Great news! Thanks!

Retired Gamertag
PK! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 04:00 PM   #4
Baihu1983

Baihu1983's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Actually sounds like its free but then you will have to pay to continue to use it come the 1st.

3rd November 2012 - Joined the 100K club

IF YOU SEND ME A FRIEND REQUEST OVER LIVE PLEASE ALSO SEND A MESSAGE SAYING WHY?

Raptar
Voice

Baihu1983 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 08:42 PM   #5
Kairi
Guide and Award Staff

Send a message via Skype™ to Kairi

Kairi x360's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Silver   Staff - Guide Team   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Silver   CABS Beta Tester   Green Thumb - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze
Total Awards: 21 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baihu1983 View Post
Actually sounds like its free but then you will have to pay to continue to use it come the 1st.
Really? :/ I'll get this if the game is free, and I guess I'll have to make sure I get the achievements before you have to start paying.

Take everything away from me, silent angel.
Kairi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 09:53 PM   #6
Baihu1983

Baihu1983's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Nelson tweeted something today and it just made it sound like the game will be free till the 1st then everyone will have to pay to continue playing the full game.

3rd November 2012 - Joined the 100K club

IF YOU SEND ME A FRIEND REQUEST OVER LIVE PLEASE ALSO SEND A MESSAGE SAYING WHY?

Raptar
Voice

Baihu1983 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 12:59 AM   #7
Admiral12

I hope this isn't like those "free" Kinect Gems. The only free part of those were the trial versions.
Admiral12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 08:08 AM   #8
JimmyT666

JimmyT666's Gamercard
I'm pretty sure if you download it while free, you will keep it without having to pay later. When you buy or download it for the first time, you're buying the licence. So regardless of what happens to the price after you 'buy' the free licence, you still own it. Though, there is a first for everything...

It's up on US and GB marketplaces, but hasn't appeared on the Australian marketplace yet.
JimmyT666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 10:34 AM   #9
BluWolve

BluWolve's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 5   Subscriber - Platinum   Submit - Silver   A+ Thread Award   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyT666 View Post
I'm pretty sure if you download it while free, you will keep it without having to pay later. When you buy or download it for the first time, you're buying the licence. So regardless of what happens to the price after you 'buy' the free licence, you still own it. Though, there is a first for everything...

It's up on US and GB marketplaces, but hasn't appeared on the Australian marketplace yet.
I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for it to be released in Australia. As far as I know "Karaoke" has not been released in Australia yet, and most likely won't be (although I hope I am wrong).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty-Rex View Post
I am trained in gorilla warfare
BluWolve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 01:03 PM   #10
MangledRex

MangledRex's Gamercard
Hmm it still says unlock full game in the top right at channel selection, there for anyone else? Also achievements don't seem to be unlocking for me :s

Actually yeah I had to unlock it from the trial version in game

I dumd

MangledRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 09:40 AM   #11
JimmyT666

JimmyT666's Gamercard
Apparently, Double Fine have had Kinect Party delayed getting onto the Australian marketplace. I have no idea what the problem is or why, though it's hardly surprising - I seem to remember this happening sometime before. Time to make a fake US account.
JimmyT666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 02:01 AM   #12
triplewitching

triplewitching's Gamercard
Censorship in Australia is called classification and material though technically being given an advisory rating can officially be Refused Classification which results in the material being banned. The system also has several levels of "restricted" categories, prohibiting sale, exhibition or use of some materials to those who are under a prescribed age. Censorship of video games and Internet sites hosted in Australia are considered to be the strictest in the western world.[1]

From wikipaedia. Ive never lived there, but I've heard from many residents that most video games are delayed to some extent, and apparently, some never make it. Time for a revolution, or at least elect some young people who can get rid of the pointless parts of the nanny state.
triplewitching is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 05:55 AM   #13
BluWolve

BluWolve's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 5   Subscriber - Platinum   Submit - Silver   A+ Thread Award   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by triplewitching View Post
Censorship in Australia is called classification and material though technically being given an advisory rating can officially be Refused Classification which results in the material being banned. The system also has several levels of "restricted" categories, prohibiting sale, exhibition or use of some materials to those who are under a prescribed age. Censorship of video games and Internet sites hosted in Australia are considered to be the strictest in the western world.[1]

From wikipaedia. Ive never lived there, but I've heard from many residents that most video games are delayed to some extent, and apparently, some never make it. Time for a revolution, or at least elect some young people who can get rid of the pointless parts of the nanny state.
It is already happening mate, has been for quite some time. We should get an 18+ rating here some time in the next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty-Rex View Post
I am trained in gorilla warfare
BluWolve is offline   Reply With Quote