PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Dishonored > Dunwall City Trials
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-11-2012, 06:45 PM   #1
xK Marcus

xK Marcus's Gamercard
Dunwall City Trials 30,000 scores

I'm having a bit of trouble with most of these, is anyone else? They seem quite difficult to me, I've only gotten 30,000 on a few of them. I just spent hours trying to get this one here, hope it helps some of you if you're struggling with it too.

Edit: Got 30,000 on Killing Cascade too now.

Finally managed to get Train Runner on Expert down yesterday, here's how I did it if anyone's interested

Last edited by xK Marcus; 12-13-2012 at 11:57 AM.
xK Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 07:37 PM   #2
ponypo2001

ponypo2001's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Road Map - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
I quit after an hour. I know I'm a little rusty at the game but these trials are just silly hard right now. Hoping there are some nice tips posted soon else I'll be leaving this DLC well alone.

ponypo2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:07 PM   #3
Mr Yac

Mr Yac's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
these are a lot harder then i was expecting, but the most annoying achievment is easily going to be By My Hand Alone, in wave 1 an overseer and a weeper spanwed right next to each other and the weeper was killed pretty much instantly, i can only imagine how impossible it's going to be to keep everybody seperate in the higher waves
Mr Yac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:11 PM   #4
ponypo2001

ponypo2001's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Road Map - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Yac View Post
these are a lot harder then i was expecting, but the most annoying achievment is easily going to be By My Hand Alone, in wave 1 an overseer and a weeper spanwed right next to each other and the weeper was killed pretty much instantly, i can only imagine how impossible it's going to be to keep everybody seperate in the higher waves
Yep, that achievement will be hell because it doesn't matter how good you are, there's too many random variables which will void it. I've run it 3 or 4 times, still unable to complete it, and every time I've had several enemies kill each other.

Old 12-11-2012, 09:08 PM   #5
o D M C o

IVIr IVIeNsA's Gamercard
Wtf is going on with the scores, Ive only tried the first lvl (about 20 times now!) and my record is 26880. Ive gotten all clues without being spotted, got no clues and killed the guy in about 15 seconds, killed everyone stealthily and my score is always miles short. This is not fun.

EDIT, nevermind, just got 30k by finding all the clues a bit quicker

Last edited by o D M C o; 12-11-2012 at 09:26 PM.
o D M C o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:46 PM   #6
ll Dem3nted ll

ll Dem3nted ll's Gamercard
Yeah these are not fun at all really... Quite disappointing.
ll Dem3nted ll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:01 PM   #7
Shiftie

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Road Map - Diamond   Green Thumb - Bronze   Micro Guide - Platinum   Submit - Silver   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Staff Club - Shiftie   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ll Dem3nted ll View Post
Yeah these are not fun at all really... Quite disappointing.
Agreed :/ Trials like this really don't suit this game at all imo, aside from the search for clues ones, but several of those trials would just be repetitive.

I figured I'd look for the dolls, but only ended up finding one before I gave up -.-

Last edited by Shiftie; 12-11-2012 at 10:20 PM.
Shiftie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:16 PM   #8
KirbyTheAlmighty

foxhound kirby's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Disagree. These are a lot of fun. Just a bit challenging, which isn't a bad thing.

Xbox One / Day One
KirbyTheAlmighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 11:56 PM   #9
Xtrem3 Poptarts

Xtrem3 Poptarts's Gamercard
I find these very fun, ended up being 1st place on Assassin's Run. Not sure if I still am, I doubt it though.

Xtrem3 Poptarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 05:12 AM   #10
STLfan2468

STLfan2468's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)
how the heck do you beat the train for the achievement? lol
Old 12-12-2012, 06:07 AM   #11
Shiftie

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Road Map - Diamond   Green Thumb - Bronze   Micro Guide - Platinum   Submit - Silver   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Staff Club - Shiftie   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by xK Marcus View Post
I'm having a bit of trouble with most of these, is anyone else? They seem quite difficult to me, I've only gotten 30,000 on a few of them. I just spent hours trying to get this one here, hope it helps some of you if you're struggling with it too.

Dishonored Dunwall City Trials 30,000 Score: Train Runner - YouTube
Quote:
Originally Posted by STLfan2468 View Post
how the heck do you beat the train for the achievement? lol
OK! I have damn near beaten the train now. Basically try following the video up until you reach the train station area, this is where you blink down the walkway and then jump blink to an area off to the left. Instead of doing this, try blinking up to the top of the structure next to the train tracks, and then blinking to the roof of the train area and again into the ending spot. I know this may be kind of confusing, and I have yet to confirm it myself, but I am mere milliseconds off by doing it this way, however I am also going a different route at the beginning too.

BTW...expert is a hell of a lot harder than this -.-

edit: I DID IT!!!!!!!!!! 34"44 and I just about gave up the last 5 seconds or so since the train was in the station. Takes a few seconds (well, maybe 1 second) after the brakes stop to kick in I guess.

My final pathway: Head straight from the start, blink to the back right so you can go through the table and end up passed the covered area. Keep going RIGHT, agility jump up to a roof covering a purple lantern area, and blink from there down to the lower area. Jump the small gap (this area has the giant wheels on Expert), then sprint up the slope. Follow the video from here until you reach the train station. Once you reach the station; from the staircase, blink on top of the small structure in front of you, and then blink straight ahead to the roof above the trains tracks that is between you and the finish line.

Last edited by Shiftie; 12-12-2012 at 06:19 AM.
Shiftie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:51 AM   #12
AMoDo94

Send a message via Skype™ to AMoDo94
Guide for all!

I manged to make a guide and put them on TA if anyone interested you can have a look here 7/10 of them 30K 3/6 on Expert

http://www.trueachievements.com/a172...chievement.htm

AMoDo94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:36 AM   #13
AMoDo94

Send a message via Skype™ to AMoDo94
My time is 32'55 on the train level but I still didnt get the chevo wth?

AMoDo94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:54 AM   #14
Shiftie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMoDo94 View Post
My time is 32'55 on the train level but I still didnt get the chevo wth?
Maybe it varies? >.> I'm 100% sure about my time when it popped for me.
Old 12-12-2012, 02:40 PM   #15
STLfan2468

STLfan2468's Gamercard

looks like the tip is you need to get ON the train. I just did it!

edit: What are special combination jumps in Bonfires?

Last edited by STLfan2468; 12-12-2012 at 05:25 PM.
STLfan2468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 06:13 PM   #16
xK Marcus

xK Marcus's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftie View Post
Maybe it varies? >.> I'm 100% sure about my time when it popped for me.
I've been trying too, I almost always get under 33 seconds now, no achievement for me
xK Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 06:19 PM   #17
Shiftie

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLfan2468 View Post
looks like the tip is you need to get ON the train. I just did it!

edit: What are special combination jumps in Bonfires?
Maybe, though I think I blinked over the train I did walk across the roof of the train station. However stupid that may be, it does make some sense. More of a race that way I guess.
Old 12-12-2012, 07:56 PM   #18
Thai J

Thai J's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Trials really aren't my thing but I liked this game so much I don't want to lose my 100% but you guys are making me think twice about getting this, it sounds stupid. I think I'll wait to decide until after one of the awesome community members here makes an achievement guide and roadmap.
Next Up: Destiny

GT: Thai J
PSN: Thai1226
Thai J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:04 PM   #19
Illicit

illicitsoc's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thai J View Post
Trials really aren't my thing but I liked this game so much I don't want to lose my 100% but you guys are making me think twice about getting this, it sounds stupid. I think I'll wait to decide until after one of the awesome community members here makes an achievement guide and roadmap.
I imagine lots of people will lose their completion for Dishonored due to this DLC.
I'm gonna continue to try for these but I don't like most of the challenges. Only have 1 3star and a couple 2 stars so far.
Illicit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:26 PM   #20
STLfan2468

STLfan2468's Gamercard

Here is my video on how to do Assassin Vs. Machine!

Last edited by STLfan2468; 12-12-2012 at 09:17 PM.
Old 12-12-2012, 10:02 PM   #21
Mr Yac

Mr Yac's Gamercard

i dont get this damn train race, i'm getting a faster time then STL in his video yet it still won't unlock....
Old 12-13-2012, 12:29 AM   #22
Illicit

illicitsoc's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Yac View Post
i dont get this damn train race, i'm getting a faster time then STL in his video yet it still won't unlock....
My time was 33:28 when I unlocked the achievement, followed the video move for move pretty much. Thing is I had better time before (but not by much) and it didn't unlock. May be glitchy??
Old 12-13-2012, 12:36 AM   #23
Mr Yac

Mr Yac's Gamercard

my time is just over 31 seconds, so either it's glitchy or theres some other weird trick i'm missing
Old 12-13-2012, 01:21 AM   #24
STLfan2468

STLfan2468's Gamercard

Any luck on the Bonfires achievement?

And there are no tricks to my video. The achievement maybe just glitchy. Keep trying!
Old 12-13-2012, 01:25 AM   #25
Mr Yac

Mr Yac's Gamercard

getting sick of trying, must've run it 50 times now my fastest time is 31'22 and still nothing

just a quick edit, apparently it was glitched, after trying several more times figured i'd give good ole cache clearing a try and my first run with a fairly poor time of 34'24 it popped, so for anybody getting a time that should be good enough and no achievment give clearing a try

Last edited by Mr Yac; 12-13-2012 at 01:46 AM.
Old 12-13-2012, 02:03 AM   #26
STLfan2468

STLfan2468's Gamercard

So for Assassin's Run I've figured out how to 100% accuracy most of the rooms:

1st room: be patient and sneak around
2nd room: hang back in the first room and snipe down the hallway
3rd room: use Blink to get up on one of the bookshelves and take out each zombie one-by-one.
4th room: ehh idk kind of luck here as they barrage you
5th room: take your time and snipe the two assassins. Staircase man is tricky.
6th room: hang out in the fifth room and snipe through the shaded window to pick off the two assassins
7th room: ehhh idk kind of luck here as they barrage you, again

Last edited by STLfan2468; 12-13-2012 at 02:33 AM.
Old 12-13-2012, 03:20 AM   #27
o D M C o

IVIr IVIeNsA's Gamercard
Just tried this Assassins run one and I think Im about ready to give up. I have never played a game before where the dlc goes so so totally against the grain of the original 1k, why on earth have they made all of these new achievements and scores sadistically hard to attain. A few runs through some of these lvls trying to earn a decent score wouldve been fun, but the lvl of perfection each and every one of these 30k scores demands, not to mention the achievements in general is,to be honest, ridiculous. Its a kick in the face to every completionist who bought the game and spent hrs getting the original 1000g. I cant be bothered anymore but good luck to everyone still tryin
Old 12-13-2012, 03:40 AM   #28
Illicit

illicitsoc's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by o D M C o View Post
Just tried this Assassins run one and I think Im about ready to give up. I have never played a game before where the dlc goes so so totally against the grain of the original 1k, why on earth have they made all of these new achievements and scores sadistically hard to attain. A few runs through some of these lvls trying to earn a decent score wouldve been fun, but the lvl of perfection each and every one of these 30k scores demands, not to mention the achievements in general is,to be honest, ridiculous. Its a kick in the face to every completionist who bought the game and spent hrs getting the original 1000g. I cant be bothered anymore but good luck to everyone still tryin
I'm going to keep going, in spurts, but I really doubt I'm going to complete it. The majority of them aren't fun enough to try to master. As far as I can tell a few of them are luck achievements too. If that is the case, they're definitely not fun enough to master and then rely on luck as well.
Old 12-13-2012, 04:33 AM   #29
ponypo2001

ponypo2001's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by o D M C o View Post
You've summed up exactly what I felt. I instantly bought the DLC as I loved the main game and was ready to give these trials a shot. After a couple of frustrating hours I said fuck it and started another game instead.

Never again shall I buy a DLC day 1 just cause the main game was awesome. The taste is still bitter in my mouth at this one.

Old 12-13-2012, 08:05 AM   #30
Thai J

Thai J's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponypo2001 View Post
You've summed up exactly what I felt. I instantly bought the DLC as I loved the main game and was ready to give these trials a shot. After a couple of frustrating hours I said fuck it and started another game instead.

Never again shall I buy a DLC day 1 just cause the main game was awesome. The taste is still bitter in my mouth at this one.
Damn. I'm glad I didn't get this right away. I was going to download it right away and play it later but I didn't. You guys have swayed me. Pretty irritating that such a great game had such terrible DLC at least as far as achievements go. I had a bad feeling as soon as I heard a trials DLC was in the works.
Next Up: Destiny

GT: Thai J
PSN: Thai1226
Thai J is offline   Reply With Quote