PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Action > Happy Wars
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-26-2013, 02:30 PM   #1
_DaNnY_

DaBlackAlbino's Gamercard
All Weight 5 Shields (and a few accessories) just became Super Premiums

WOW, so out of nowhere I just found I have about 16 extra super premium items, 12 shields and 4 accessories.

I complained a while back (on Youtube, of all places) that the shield system makes no sense in Happy Wars. How some super premium shields are actually inferior to premium shields. EG: Weight 5 premium angelic book was superior to weight 5 super premium golden eagle shield.

Go in your inventory and look at your shields, all your weight 5 shields will have a super premium star next to them now.

What this means:

It means people who spent lots of tickets on shield packs before the change and got any weight 5 shield have essentially got a bunch of super premium items rather easily without happy time. Now this change has come into place, you can expect all these weight 5 shields to be incredibly rare/hard to get outside of happy time. Everyone who invested in shield packs and got weight 5 shields whilst they were premium items has had a heck of a deal, any new players starting out will have to pay over the odds in "happy time" to get anywhere near the same amount of shields that people got before the change, when the items were just premium and available commonly in normal happy card packs.

This also means that people who got the decent shields to level 15 when they were premium have a significant advantage over those who didn't, because now those shields are super premium items it will be much harder to get them all to level 15, the shields in question are listed below and there's quite a few of them.

The shields that used to be weight 5 premium shields which have now been made weight 5 super premium shields are as follows:

Angelic Book
----->

Champion's Kick Mitt
----->

Italian Pizza
----->

Kick Mitt
----->

Mercenary's Shield
----->

Mona Lisa
----->

Netherworld Gate
----->

Purple Shield
----->

Shield of Glory
----->

Shield of Valor
----->

Special Forces Shield
----->

Tragic Kick Mitt
----->

Addendum: as they've just revamped the shield system, it seems now shields are allowed to be weight 4 and super premium also, seeing as the new "Vampire Guillotine" is a super premium weight 4 2 socket shield.

Update: seems some accessories got made super premiums also:

Masquerade Mask
----->

Mouse Nose
----->

Special Controller
----->

Savannah Zebra
----->

Last edited by _DaNnY_; 08-27-2013 at 01:23 PM.
_DaNnY_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 06:25 PM   #2
Lava Tonsil

andydubyew's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Community Gaming - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
I have a couple of these (purple shield/shield of valor) but no doubles unfortunately.
At least they're now more exclusive though, I can defend with style!