PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Far Cry 3
Subscribe    Donate

View Poll Results: Which ending did you pick?
Save your friends (GOOD) 268 84.28%
Join Citra (BAD) 50 15.72%
Voters: 318. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-12-2012, 07:43 AM   #1
Ctrl Alt Defeat

CtrI Alt Defeat's Gamercard
Which ending did you pick? *SPOILERS*

Which ending did you pick?

I am also seriously pissed that they didn't put a checkpoint before the last mission so I could see both endings without playing through twice.

11.11.14 Halo 2 is back baby<3
Ctrl Alt Defeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:49 AM   #2
Topherion

Topherion's Gamercard
I chose the good ending. To me, the result of most of the missions was taking revenge for what was done to the protagonist and his friends, and saving the latter. Didn't feel right to have that be wasted in becoming the ultimate island gringo warrior.
Topherion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:10 AM   #3
Direkin

Direkin's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Shinobi273   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Rajeanero   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Submit - Bronze   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topherion View Post
I chose the good ending. To me, the result of most of the missions was taking revenge for what was done to the protagonist and his friends, and saving the latter. Didn't feel right to have that be wasted in becoming the ultimate island gringo warrior.
That's how I saw it as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabba View Post
The mirror is staring right at the post which reads you are............. So hilarious that english makes them their posting.... Well done cheevo for confirming that you....... You must be drunk to not realise that or just another incoherent fool..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gackt View Post
heh...don't try to reason with the masses my friend, tis a waste of time
Direkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:28 PM   #4
bob101910

bob101910 rfp's Gamercard
Didn't trust the tribe so I saved my friends (even though I wouldn't have been able to save friends without their help).

Looked up the "evil" ending online and like it much better
Most Recent: Guacamelee (X1)
bob101910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:08 PM   #5
SuNuS

SuNuS's Gamercard
I chose the Citra ending and it was very hilarious! First person sex with Citra while she chanted her tribal rituals was very creepy....and sexy!

Though I am not used to be stabbed immediately after sex. Ah well, there's a first and last time for everything!

Sig by Gackt
SuNuS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:14 PM   #6
Gorilla Stomper

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Good ending. Not because I had any concern for Jason's friends, I just got tired of Citra and the tribe bullshit... And Dennis. I wanted to stab Dennis long before the end of the game.
Old 12-12-2012, 11:00 PM   #7
Kite87

Kite87's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla Stomper View Post
Good ending. Not because I had any concern for Jason's friends, I just got tired of Citra and the tribe bullshit... And Dennis. I wanted to stab Dennis long before the end of the game.
I hated the fact that if Dennis phoned before a mission if you turned the game of for a bit the next time turned it on you would have to talk to him again. It would happen when you died too.

I picked the good ending Citra seemed to be just as crazy as Vaas and a lot less entertaining.
Old 12-13-2012, 12:30 AM   #8
Gorilla Stomper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kite87 View Post
I hated the fact that if Dennis phoned before a mission if you turned the game of for a bit the next time turned it on you would have to talk to him again. It would happen when you died too.
And when you completed anything that wasn't story related. Not only that, the guy waffled about all this warrior bullshit, but when do you actually see him take action against anything? He's all mouth.

Spoiler! (click here to reveal)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kite87 View Post
I picked the good ending Citra seemed to be just as crazy as Vaas and a lot less entertaining.
This too. She claims to be the good guy yet she has no quarrel with executing innocent and defenseless people.

Last edited by Gorilla Stomper; 12-13-2012 at 12:32 AM.
Gorilla Stomper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:33 AM   #9
waxc3

waxc3's Gamercard
I thought I was gonna stay, but I didn't have the right to kill Liza so I saved my friends.

da da da dahh! bitchpudding!
waxc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 02:33 AM   #10
Nevander

Nevander's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
At first I chose join Citra. Then immediately regretted it. Replayed the whole game to pick the right ending this time, saving my friends.

That bitch Citra, she loves you if you stay her warrior and throw away your past, your friends. The whole point of the game was to save them. I'm not about to kill my friends and stay with some crazy tribe who just wants to kill me to worship me. No thanks lol.

Signature by Gackt. Click it to visit the Classic FPS Gamers x360a social group!
Random friend requests or invites sent with no message will be deleted.
I have moved to PC gaming for the most part, so I won't be on Xbox LIVE much anymore.
Nevander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 03:39 AM   #11
Gageamatron

gageamatron's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ctrl Alt Defeat View Post
Which ending did you pick?

I am also seriously pissed that they didn't put a checkpoint before the last mission so I could see both endings without playing through twice.
Youtube is a thing...

Gageamatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 04:08 AM   #12
Gorilla Stomper

Quote:
Originally Posted by waxc3 View Post
I thought I was gonna stay, but I didn't have the right to kill Liza so I saved my friends.
You have the right to do anything in a video game.
Old 12-13-2012, 09:51 AM   #13
Dirty130
Round 1 & 2 MVP, yo.

Dirty XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Representer   XBA Promoter   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts
I chose to save my friends. Going to look up the other ending now.. Great game!
Dirty130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 01:59 PM   #14
BuggeringDingo

Chose the Citra ending.

Glad she killed me though. I wasn't going to pay child support to that crazy woman.
Old 12-14-2012, 01:30 AM   #15
waxc3

waxc3's Gamercard
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla Stomper View Post
You have the right to do anything in a video game.
Nope.

Old 12-14-2012, 02:16 AM   #16
Gorilla Stomper

Quote:
Nope.

Unreality, therefore you do.
Old 12-14-2012, 02:20 AM   #17
Hurricane Of 87

Hurricane Of 87's Gamercard
Thinking of it from Jason's perspective the thought of hearing Citra's accent combined with Decapitation of Giants mumbo-jumbo didn't seem like something I'd want to endure for the rest of my life. Saved the friends.

Smooth move Dennis, smooth move.
Hurricane Of 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 02:44 AM   #18
Direkin

Direkin's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Shinobi273   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Rajeanero   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Submit - Bronze   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Quote:
Nope.

Yup. Do what you want in video games. Your actions in fantasy land have no consequences in reality; that's part of the whole attraction of games to begin with. For example, if I were to slaughter countless tigers for my jollies, it would not cause the extinction of tigers in real life. Someone already went down that line of "reasoning". Let's not go down that road again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabba View Post
The mirror is staring right at the post which reads you are............. So hilarious that english makes them their posting.... Well done cheevo for confirming that you....... You must be drunk to not realise that or just another incoherent fool..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gackt View Post
heh...don't try to reason with the masses my friend, tis a waste of time
Direkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 08:19 AM   #19
BuggeringDingo

Agree with Direkin: if we had to design games around that reasoning we wouldn't even have Pac-Man. After all, you wouldn't want to eat ghosts in real life? Or even Monopoly: don't want to teach our kids that it's OK to go to jail & bribe your way out regularly, now would we?

Sometimes a lack of imagination + PC-brigade-gone-mad == a rather dull life.

It's a game. If a person feels that it profoundly influences their life then they're probably too young / immature to play it in the first place. That's why there's age ratings on games.

And it's not the game's fault, or the "government"s fault if parents allow their underaged kids to play this. That's the parent's fault.
Old 12-14-2012, 11:19 AM   #20
waxc3

waxc3's Gamercard
Gee thanks for telling me I had the right guys lol. I was in the mindset of Jason when I wrote my statement so I meant he didn't have the right to kill his gf/ex-gf and his friends.

Old 12-14-2012, 05:17 PM   #21
Gorilla Stomper

Quote:
Gee thanks for telling me I had the right guys lol. I was in the mindset of Jason when I wrote my statement so I meant he didn't have the right to kill his gf/ex-gf and his friends.
That's a question of morality, not whether you have the right to do something.
Old 12-14-2012, 06:00 PM   #22
waxc3

waxc3's Gamercard
Sorry I walked away. You'll have to play with someone else.

Old 12-14-2012, 10:18 PM   #23
Nevander

Nevander's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   5,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuggeringDingo View Post

Agree with Direkin: if we had to design games around that reasoning we wouldn't even have Pac-Man. After all, you wouldn't want to eat ghosts in real life? Or even Monopoly: don't want to teach our kids that it's OK to go to jail & bribe your way out regularly, now would we?

Sometimes a lack of imagination + PC-brigade-gone-mad == a rather dull life.

It's a game. If a person feels that it profoundly influences their life then they're probably too young / immature to play it in the first place. That's why there's age ratings on games.

And it's not the game's fault, or the "government"s fault if parents allow their underaged kids to play this. That's the parent's fault.
And this post pretty much sums up why people who say video games are bad and or cause violence are completely wrong.

Signature by Gackt. Click it to visit the Classic FPS Gamers x360a social group!
Random friend requests or invites sent with no message will be deleted.
I have moved to PC gaming for the most part, so I won't be on Xbox LIVE much anymore.
Nevander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 06:58 AM   #24
SYOTOS

I chose the good ending, killing your friends after everything you been through seemed abit silly even tho citra is one hot hoe lol

Youtubed for the bad ending......

Dennis really got on my nerves near the end, was expecting to have to kill him since he seemed very jelly specially when he was drunk rambling on about how much he loved citra n that i didnt respect her etc.

Thought he may double cross me..... Which he kinda does, just messes it up lol
SYOTOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 02:18 AM   #25
gabwe

gabwe's Gamercard
I chose the "good" ending initially, just coulndn't force myself to slice Lisa's throat...

Then my curiosity won, and I replayed the last missions to see the "bad" ending. Wow. It's bloody brilliant, but it's not the one I want, lol

But, I'd love to see a third option. In this one, you could say to Citra just before dying; "Citra, I have AIDS..."

Last edited by gabwe; 12-17-2012 at 02:29 AM.
gabwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 05:28 PM   #26
GeneralGranko

Send a message via Skype™ to GeneralGranko

xX forEV3R Xx's Gamercard
I choosed to save them, she kinda turned into an incredible b*tch at the end, oh well maybe it´s because primitive monkeys those rakyads were anyway (except Denis, he was really cool).
rockyzz@seznam.cz

Playing now: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (PC)
Need players for:
CoD: BO2 Apocalypse DLC - Easter Egg

GeneralGranko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 11:37 PM   #27
CGPsaint

CGPsaint's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuggeringDingo View Post
Chose the Citra ending.

Glad she killed me though. I wasn't going to pay child support to that crazy woman.
Talk about some Black Widow shit up in that island!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabwe View Post
I chose the "good" ending initially, just coulndn't force myself to slice Lisa's throat...

Then my curiosity won, and I replayed the last missions to see the "bad" ending. Wow. It's bloody brilliant, but it's not the one I want, lol

But, I'd love to see a third option. In this one, you could say to Citra just before dying; "Citra, I have AIDS..."
I wonder if that's what happens if you punch in the Konami Code after she stabs you in the chest!
CGPsaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 07:19 AM   #28
gabwe

gabwe's Gamercard
Lol, I should try just in case, one never knows!

gabwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 09:36 PM   #29
Lavindathar
The Amyrlin Seat

Send a message via Skype™ to Lavindathar

Lavindathar's Gamercard

Awards Showcase GRID 2 Award   5,000 Posts   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Xbox One Launch Title Challenge Club - Tier 2   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Silver   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Over Achiever - Silver   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1
Total Awards: 25 (more» ...)
I picked the staying with Citra ending.

The reason? It is the most realistic from Jasons perspective, in my eyes. Obviously earlier posters disagree.

You say all missions are about saving your friends. Your wrong. About 33% through, citra asks...what do you want. Jason replies, to save my friends. Your lying, citrq says. What do you want. To kill vaas and Hoyt.

Jason changes throughout the game, from a wimp wanting to save his friends and escape, to someone who has lost his mind and is consumed by hatred and revenge. The game is about the road to insanity, not redemption.

just the way I saw it. I believe Jason would of done anything to stay with citra and the island. Not because he loves either neccsarily, but because the island has consumed him.

Even if it meant sacrificing his friends.

The good ending would of made sense, if you took the whole insanity storyline out, but with it, it just doesn't.
Last Achievement : Weed Whacker Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare (Xbox One) - 50g
Last 100% Completion : Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare (Xbox One)

Thanks to Rajeanero for the avatar and Fishman for the sig.
Lavindathar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 04:03 AM   #30
Cancerman1120

Cancerman1120's Gamercard
In some ways I did not like that there was a choice at all. You are never given a choice at any other point in the game. I would prefer the developers to just tell the story they want. My reasoning is this. The game tried to make you feel like you were "changing" into a different person but they fail to go all the way. Once you decide to stay they needed to just go fully down that rabbit hole and have the 2nd half been full on screwed up. When they put Riley into the mix and saving him this completely screws the choice part at the end. Why would you not save your friend when you spent the last 3rd of the game planning on a way to save your brother? It makes no sense. NOW if they eliminate the brother part and go full on psycho for the last half then that choice becomes less clear but I think they should have just eliminated that choice and gone with the Citra killing you ending. That is the perfect ending and the other ending is the cop out (even though it was what I chose).
Cancerman1120 is offline   Reply With Quote