PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Far Cry 3
Subscribe    Donate

View Poll Results: Which ending did you pick?
Save your friends (GOOD) 275 84.36%
Join Citra (BAD) 51 15.64%
Voters: 326. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-14-2013, 11:15 PM   #61
Splinter4

Splinter4's Gamercard
I thought that moment of "choice" at the end was by far the single lamest moment in the entire game.

I really enjoyed playing this game, in spite of it's ridiculous premise of being the "Chosen" Warrior that the native Islander's had all been waiting for... in spite of being the single WHITEST kid on the damn planet! Ughhh! But at least the game-play was a lot of fun.
Sorry, anyway...

This "choice" that was presented out of the blue made no sense to me. After EVERYTHING the character had been through, EVERYTHING he managed to survive... are we to believe that he could/would really CHOOSE to consciously murder all the friends/family he worked so hard to save? Seriously? Well that just felt like lazy story-telling to me. I'm just saying.

They had done a good job with the whole battle with insanity throughout, so why not try to "trick" us at the end. Make the character see his friends/family as demons or some other sort of "enemy" to defeat. Just some sort of creative effort, that's all. Could have been a lot more memorable than it was.

Whether you think you can or can't... you're right.
Splinter4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:30 AM   #62
B4rtt S

B4rtt S's Gamercard
I didn't trust Citra so I chose the good ending
B4rtt S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 11:22 AM   #63
Pain Immortal

Pain Immortal's Gamercard
i thought it would be cool to be the chosen warrior and killed all my friends, than i watched in youtube the other ending and thought, oh snap why i didnt picked the other ending and saved my friends
Old 02-19-2013, 05:05 AM   #64
McGoogles

Ratify's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Silver   Staff Club - DEG23   XBA Promoter   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
I decided to join Citra and abandon my so-called "friends" because I didn't have a strong connection with them. It seemed all they cared about was getting off the island and were completely oblivious to the fact that I saved their lives and lost my brother in the process.

However, after choosing the Citra route, I almost immediately regretted my decision. After watching the ending on YouTube where you save your friends I thought it was a much better ending: Citra dies, Jason lives and leaves his insanity on the island to live a better and normal life.
Latest arcade completion: Motocross Madness

McGoogles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 05:11 AM   #65
xKRAIZEEMANx

xKRAIZEEMANx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I was intent on staying on the island....but when I came out of my hallucinogenic state, and had my knife on my friend...I decided to change my mind. So, I saved my friends.

xKRAIZEEMANx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 06:05 AM   #66
Ninja Eagle

Captain Cotchy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I could see right through Citra, so I chose to save my friends.

Ninja Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:35 PM   #67
AU Unit

AU Unit's Gamercard
Choose to save my friends. I'm a man of my words. Also Citra creeps me out...
AU Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 07:08 PM   #68
twotonkoala

milehighkoala's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Silver   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Heh, I think it's funny that I find myself in the vast minority and picked the Citra ending. My reasoning is that the girlfriend was pretty annoying the whole game, and I just wanted to see if he would actually slit her throat. I went into it as "which is going to be crazier and would be most entertaining to see?" I think I went the "good" way there.
Old 03-06-2013, 09:28 PM   #69
ApocNarok

ApocNarok's Gamercard
I chose my friends, Vaas hinted before he died that I'm gonna be #$@!ed when Citra makes a warrior out of me. Plus Liza is hot.
ApocNarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 08:09 PM   #70
PSYCOTIC LION

PSYCOTIC LION's Gamercard
I thought that I chose the good ending by joining Citra, was getting really into the game when it ended though
PSYCOTIC LION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 03:49 AM   #71
Whiskey Minor
Banned User

Obviously we've all done them both, but staying on the island has always bothered me:

Spoiler! (click here to reveal)

I can say this, though: if I were to have this experience IRL I would have stayed on the island without any hesitation, at all. Every time you finished a part of the main quest, and you were given the option to 'eat me', if you pay close attention to your friends, they all seem to be self absorbed tools, even the brothers.

Cut to scenes where Liza is being comforted by the other chick then both get pissy and start busting your balls about what you've done in order to free their ungrateful ass from the island, and it makes me wonder what Jason ever saw in the lot to begin with. The only character without airs besides Hoyt was the stoner guy in the yellow shirt. Still though, the 'good' ending was so wrong.
Whiskey Minor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 05:25 PM   #72
Falchion17

Falchion17's Gamercard
I am so glad I choose to save my friends and not join Citra. I liked her character but dying immediately after choosing to stay with her was not my idea of a good ending. I just wanted to get all my friends and get the hell out of the island!

Falchion17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 11:28 AM   #73
iBuzz7S

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 2
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Well I just chose the good ending (literally, like 25 seconds ago!) and that's because I read the endings on IGN.

Either way, I am returning to the game to unlock more achievements and whatnot, so whether I return as whatever she promised I'd return as or as just a normal guy getting chased by pigs, I was going to go back anyway.

iBuzz7S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 05:06 AM   #74
Moridin83

Moridin83's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarnedCargo View Post
All i'm going to say is "Doesn't matter had sex".
Lol.

"But she stabbed me in the chest! Still counts!"
Moridin83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 01:43 PM   #75
Opiate42

Location: Canada, likely stuck in a snowdrift...with no shovel

Opiate42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Staff Club - Rajeanero   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
I voted for GOOD but did the bad ending too after loading up a previous save.

All I can say is.... daaaaaammmmmnnnnnnnn..........

"Hit it"
Opiate42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 01:57 AM   #76
SkullFire58

SkullFire58's Gamercard
I chose to save my friends. Off subject, but when I was walking through hell or whatever it was right before the choices, I thought "Awesome! I bet I unlock this knife after I beat the game!" (and to my dissapointment, I was wrong). Once I saw the two options pop up, I paused the game in fear it would pick one on it's own. Then, a really stupid thought crossed my mind: What if it disables my save file if I leave the island? There have been games to do this. Spongebob The Movie Game was one of the first games I beat when I was 7, and it disables your save file. (That was one of the saddest days of my childhood) Also, ACIII had that hood glitch, not that it affected gameplay. Anyway, the options to me were to save your friends, leave that horrible island, and head back to CA, where you can continue your life again. Or, you can kill your friends you spent the whole game saving, stay on an island with lunatics and the fear of your life ending at any second, and be with a manipulative female dog who drugs you all the time. So really, the only thing that motivated me to stay with Citra was in fear of save file disabling, and curiosity.
SkullFire58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 05:50 AM   #77
Aceman417

Aceman417's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Saved friends but watched other one on YouTube and was glad I didn't choose it.
Old 05-31-2013, 04:02 PM   #78
hype

IncredibleHype's Gamercard
i didn't bother to read the whole thread so pardon me if this is something repeated.

i think Jason was all for the island until he realized his brother was still alive. that itself made me think about who to choose in the end. at first i was all "fuck yeah, Citra!" then when the hostage turned out to be Riley, i was all "oh shit...i forgot about my friends".

i chose the friends. the whole gotdamn reason he was in the shit he was in was because he came there with them. he wanted to find them. sure...he wanted to kill Vaas & Hoyt, but because they had his friends. so it only made sense to me to save them.

would've been fucked up to save them all then kill them anyway. would've meant i wasted 30hrs for abso-fuckin-lutely nothing.

hijo del maliante puro.
hype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 04:20 PM   #79
UberPirateNinja

UberPirateNinja's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Saved the chums, watched the other online.
UberPirateNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 12:40 AM   #80
zattack

StrolledAsh93's Gamercard
I chose the good
zattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 01:07 AM   #81
vannie4christ

nutterbug's Gamercard
Both endings were good, but I of course try to go with the good side.
vannie4christ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 04:42 PM   #82
kestrel

Darth Kestrel's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Like most, I picked the "good" ending. Wish I had seen the bad ending, though.
great game!
Old 06-19-2013, 07:29 PM   #83
Midnight Malice

Midnight Malice's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Sex doesn't = conception... She should have at least waited until she knew for sure! Which made that ending stupid IMO although FPS <-- (the S is for Sex duh) in a video game... and hearing your character blow his load is friggin funny as hell. I watched that ending on youtube after I saved my friends.

Citra tells you to stay to become a true warrior, well a true warrior wouldn't execute a defenseless woman with her hands bound. That mission was called Tough Decisions... but it really wasn't.

BTW Jason was probably the worst player character I have ever had to play as in recent memory (think it is a tie with Connor from ACIII right now), although the game was excellent, I hated him pretty much start to finish, starting with how many times I had to hear him whine Lizzzzza while looking for her. He seemed like one of those guys you look at on the street or whatever and just think "what a douchebag".

Also, if they had you make the decision with your friends tied up, but not with your knife to her throat, more people would have probably picked to stay. I think they should have went a bit further with trying to "trick" you into killing your friends. They could have made a passing reference to death being freedom somewhere in the game, then at the end Citra could have said, stay and your friends will be set free, THEN the shit could have happened. That would have been a bit more clever IMO.

I should be a writer >.>

100+ Retail Games_100%
100,000 GS (9/12/09)
200,000 GS (2/2/2014) (I blame MMOs)

Last edited by Midnight Malice; 06-19-2013 at 07:40 PM.
Midnight Malice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 05:52 AM   #84
gratchimodo

Grouchymosla's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Malice View Post
Sex doesn't = conception... She should have at least waited until she knew for sure! Which made that ending stupid IMO although FPS <-- (the S is for Sex duh) in a video game... and hearing your character blow his load is friggin funny as hell. I watched that ending on youtube after I saved my friends.

Citra tells you to stay to become a true warrior, well a true warrior wouldn't execute a defenseless woman with her hands bound. That mission was called Tough Decisions... but it really wasn't.

BTW Jason was probably the worst player character I have ever had to play as in recent memory (think it is a tie with Connor from ACIII right now), although the game was excellent, I hated him pretty much start to finish, starting with how many times I had to hear him whine Lizzzzza while looking for her. He seemed like one of those guys you look at on the street or whatever and just think "what a douchebag".
Haha yes that's what bothered me about the other ending, if she wanted him for a baby so bad she should've at least been pregnant before killing him...or even have a couple "ultimate warriors".

I also didn't like Jason, he was such a tool.

Anyway, I chose the friend ending after watching the Citra ending online lol
Old 07-02-2013, 06:00 AM   #85
EMP

MaGiC MaN TJ's Gamercard

I picked the good ending. I seen both on YT before I made my decision lol. Even though it doesn't matter.

→The Xbox One is freakin Awesome ←
All generalizations are false, including this one.
~ Xbox One | Day One ~
EMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 06:13 AM   #86
Scotty
Shut up and Kiss Me!!

Scotty x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 5   Staff Club - troy0891   2,500 Posts   Subscriber - Gold   x360a Representer   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - DeekBoy   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Road Map - Gold   Achievement Guide - Silver   Micro Guide - Emerald
Total Awards: 18 (more» ...)
I chose the ending to save everyone. i'm guessing that is the good ending. my thinking was, if i choose Citra she's gonna be some psycho-ass bitch killing fools left and right for her god, but if i save everyone, me and Lisa could become king and queen of the island and live happily ever after. you can imagine my disappointment...
Old 07-02-2013, 06:17 AM   #87
EMP

MaGiC MaN TJ's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
my thinking was, if i choose Citra she's gonna be some psycho-ass bitch killing fools left and right for her god
True, but I like a crazy bitch HAHA!

The downside obviously was dying. I was like fuck that she robs me of my seed and kills me? No way.

~ Xbox One | Day One ~
Old 07-02-2013, 06:23 AM   #88
Scotty
Shut up and Kiss Me!!

Scotty x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 5   Staff Club - troy0891   2,500 Posts   Subscriber - Gold   x360a Representer   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - DeekBoy   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Road Map - Gold   Achievement Guide - Silver   Micro Guide - Emerald
Total Awards: 18 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMP View Post
True, but I like a crazy bitch HAHA!

The downside obviously was dying. I was like fuck that she robs me of my seed and kills me? No way.
haha, like one of those crazy ass spiders, where the male is absorbed into the body of the female during sexy time. fuck that. I WANNA LIVE!!!

so if you choose the bad ending and die, can you not continue mooching around on the island after you have completed it, like you can with the good ending?
Old 07-02-2013, 06:25 AM   #89
EMP

MaGiC MaN TJ's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
haha, like one of those crazy ass spiders, where the male is absorbed into the body of the female during sexy time. fuck that. I WANNA LIVE!!!

so if you choose the bad ending and die, can you not continue mooching around on the island after you have completed it, like you can with the good ending?
I think you still can after. Sucks if you couldnt lol

~ Xbox One | Day One ~
Old 07-05-2013, 04:30 PM   #90
King Of Rancor

Flawless TuneZz's Gamercard
Talking Loved the first ending

Picked the good ending first and was pretty happy about it (felt sad) and then I looked on youtube for both ending's and saw the other one and I felt like it was the worst thing ever.
King Of Rancor is offline   Reply With Quote