PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Far Cry 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-13-2012, 10:49 AM   #1
1mpr3gn4t0r

Co-op is too difficult!!

Man. I've been trying to complete co-op on NOVICE for the last 5 hours and I have not been able to finish even 1 mission. Why did they make this so difficult? When I play online, it's so difficult, that people just leave, and then I'm unable to complete the mission. When I play offline split screen, it's so difficult I just constantly die. How is this the NOVICE setting? The baddies take too many hits to take down, there isn't enough ammo, and then there are instant one hit kills that kills me.

And on top of that, all the glitches like being unable to pick up the objective items, and when you drop the objective item it goes back to the original spot, makes this one of the most annoying games I've played this year.
1mpr3gn4t0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 11:05 AM   #2
nmehka

ed afca's Gamercard
The difficulty setting isn't really a difficulty setting but it determines how much XP you get. At least I haven't noticed any change in difficulty between easy and normal setting..

I mainly used the preset with the RPG, the heavies take about 3-4 hits with a RPG. Hopefully your teammates will also shoot him so you have enough ammo to take him out.

It isn't that difficult, if you're having problems I suggest you just run to the yellow marker and skip some sections. Otherwise it looks like an infinite respawn of enemies..
nmehka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 04:51 PM   #3
metallicorphan

metallicorphan's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
While i wont say it was mega easy,as Chapter 5 gave me some real problems until we all took our time instead of charging in like dickheads

but the rest of the game we had no real problems at all..TBH i thought the difficulty was just right

make sure you keep refilling your ammo at the ammo crates(they will show up on your hud when you are running low),and then camp around the boxes and travel back even when you have taken out a big group of enemies,to keep your ammo topped up

I honestly can't say i ever got taken down by one hitters,but i took a lot of enemies down with one hitters...weird

The only real glitch i got was just when the map was empty when we first loaded so we killed ourselves and it corrected itself

this was on Normal setting if it matters

I've had many questions about 'The Amazing World of Gumball' gamerpic,it was part of a competition on the XBL UK dashboard a couple of years ago(download to enter kinda thing),and they don't seem to be available for normal download at all,and the competition(which i didn't win)has obviously ended
metallicorphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 05:16 PM   #4
Infernal

A 2rue boofer's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Silver
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Well i mean it's co-op so it's meant to be done with multiple people, so I can see how doing this by yourself in split screen or with just 1 other person would be hard, I did it with 4 people and it was a cake walk.
Infernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 05:36 PM   #5
DrOxycontin420

Dro5150's Gamercard
Go for head shots to kill enemies faster. The Stg 90 with reflex site works great for this.
DrOxycontin420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 05:44 PM   #6
Kite87

Kite87's Gamercard
Would I be able to complete this by myself with the second pad idle in split screen?

I'm not not a big fan of playing with randoms and none of my friends play this game.

I thought I might as well ask this here rather then make a new thread.

I've only got the relics and co op achievements left so I'd be a bit annoyed if I miss out on 1000, because of this.
Old 12-13-2012, 07:18 PM   #7
upindat

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kite87 View Post
Would I be able to complete this by myself with the second pad idle in split screen?

I'm not not a big fan of playing with randoms and none of my friends play this game.

I've only got the relics and co op achievements left so I'd be a bit annoyed if I miss out on 1000, because of this.
you could but would be a pain. My son and i have been knocking these out on split screen. They are a pain even on casual. Just long and unnecessary draggin out the story. good luck. 1000k is a DEFINATE in this game for sure.
Old 12-13-2012, 10:02 PM   #8
DJ RJester

DJ RJester's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - Rajeanero   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 3   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Minty   Arcade Crazy - Bronze
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1mpr3gn4t0r View Post
Man. I've been trying to complete co-op on NOVICE for the last 5 hours and I have not been able to finish even 1 mission. Why did they make this so difficult? When I play online, it's so difficult, that people just leave, and then I'm unable to complete the mission. When I play offline split screen, it's so difficult I just constantly die. How is this the NOVICE setting? The baddies take too many hits to take down, there isn't enough ammo, and then there are instant one hit kills that kills me.

And on top of that, all the glitches like being unable to pick up the objective items, and when you drop the objective item it goes back to the original spot, makes this one of the most annoying games I've played this year.
I've not tried the co-op missions yet, but I will be up for trying to do them through the day 2morro (uk time)

Thanks to KillerBEA for this awesome signature

Gamertag = DJ RJester
Please don't send random friend requests without a message.

Game Completion Percentage, only 83.14% 15/04/13.
Game Completion Percentage now at target of 90% 13/09/14

100% Completions on all Xbox One Games & apps, AND THEN I PLAYED DESTINY!!!
DJ RJester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 12:19 AM   #9
bob101910

bob101910 rfp's Gamercard
Normal difficulty is really easy with just two people. Might be easier to play with just 2 instead of trying it with 4. I've noticed less enemies
Most Recent: World of Keflings (W8)
bob101910 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 10:12 AM   #10
1mpr3gn4t0r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kite87 View Post

Yes, this is what I did. Did all six co-op missions solo using two controllers and split screen. It was difficult, and I was just in the bad mood and wanted to vent.

After 3 days, I managed to complete all six. The only one that really really gave me trouble was the 3rd missions "Overboard" (?). At the end, you have to use a winch to pull an engine to the shore line. It was hair pullingly difficult.

I also discovered later on that you can sneak/stealth some bits and avoid firefights, although there are certain sections that require you to shoot your way through.

I did try online, but people just kept on leaving because it was so difficult. When a game is designed such that people leave out of frustration, it is not good. In the end, it was quicker for me to do this solo. Also, you can't choose the map/mission online and you get assigned random missions and you are also not guaranteed to have started at the start of the mission.
Old 12-15-2012, 06:50 AM   #11
DEG23
Listening to 1989

DEG23 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff Club - DEG23   Donator - Level 5   CABS Beta Tester   Staff - Moderator   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Rajeanero   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Nozza x360a
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
That's good to know because i spent the whole afternoon trying these co-op missions, and between the glitches, awful teammates, and random maps, i am looking to do the last 2 missions i need in split screen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
always remember; ''WWTD'' (What would Taylor do?)
Friday MixTape
DEG23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 07:09 AM   #12
SYOTOS

I tried at first to do it on my own, but gave up after couple of trys. Too hard.
Its better with a team.

Its just luck of the draw really, you may get idiots with you or a good team.

Lucky for me the last mission i needed the achievement to 1000 the game, me n a random did the mission twice since the first time i came in halfway n didnt get the achievement.

Not many people would redo it again straight after.
So thank you to that guy lol
SYOTOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 04:38 PM   #13
yevinorion

Dirty Machete's Gamercard
I've only played Chapters 1 and 2 so far, but I was doing them with my buddy split screen. Mostly it was ok, but there were a few spots in Chapter 2 (the bridge and in the caves) where it felt a bit much. Seriously...how many heavies are you going to throw at us? If that's only Chapter 2 though, has me worried about the later ones. It felt to me that it was designed more for four people rather than two.
yevinorion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 09:05 PM   #14
MackeyNArf3952

MackeyNArf3952's Gamercard
i played with my cousin who isn't necessarily bad, but he's a horrible teammate. he would literally yell "banzai" & get himself killed so yea don't do what he did. be a good teammate & stay close

the heavily armored dudes gave me problems. one time we fired 4 rpg's at him & he still didn't die. so what did i do? i just threw 2 C4's under him (run back of course) & boomshakalaka
Old 08-30-2013, 02:15 PM   #15
jt89

jaytea1989's Gamercard
Yep i gave up with this is pissed me of i've done one mission. Can only do this by my self as my Live has run out and its a bitch to do by yourself! It's the last achievements i need as well for a 1000G!
Vine: @Jay Jay
SnapChat: jaytea89
Pheed: @jaytea89

jt89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 02:19 PM   #16
Skorpion XBA
Guide Team

Skorpion XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Helping Hand   Staff Club - Skorpion XBA   Green Thumb - Emerald   Staff Club - troy0891   Micro Guide - Silver   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff - Guide Team   Achievement Guide - Gold   Subscriber - Silver   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 3   2,500 Posts   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1
Total Awards: 39 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt89 View Post
Yep i gave up with this is pissed me of i've done one mission. Can only do this by my self as my Live has run out and its a bitch to do by yourself! It's the last achievements i need as well for a 1000G!
It's not that bad to do by yourself. I did it. You just need to know which parts you can run past and which parts you have to eliminate all the enemies. I'd have one controller hide (in the bushes, behind cover, in a hut) and the other take out the enemies. If that person goes down, then I'll bring out the one hiding to revive him while taking out a few guys and then go hide again.
Old 10-08-2013, 04:18 PM   #17
johnb

john kenobi's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
I was able to complete the first mission by myself using 2 controllers. It wasn't too bad. I was only able to finish 3 more before I reached level 15 (I rented it from Gamefly) so I'll have to do the other 2 solo.
Old 10-10-2013, 02:23 AM   #18
Puppys

Send a message via Skype™ to Puppys

x1001x Puppys's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 2   Staff Club - KillerBEA   5,000 Posts   Staff Club - DEG23   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - rekikire   Donator - Level 2   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - troy0891   Community Gaming - Silver
Total Awards: 39 (more» ...)
I completed all of the coop missions solo, and had no trouble whatsoever. We didn't even carry RPGs or overpowered weapons with us, just the default class.

I think we only failed checkpoint 3 times and it was the same damn checkpoint in the last mission with the flamer coming off the elevator. If he touches you with the flame you're dead
Puppys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 12:42 PM   #19
Eggnogga

Eggnogga's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1001puppys View Post
I completed all of the coop missions solo, and had no trouble whatsoever. We didn't
If you completed them solo, why is the pronoun "we" in there?

I finished them about 10 days ago. We had 3 of us on Novice and had zero problems. We died a few times, where all of us just randomly died 1-hit style, and another time the game glitched on us so we had to become bullet sponges. All 6 levels took us about 2-3 hours to do.
Eggnogga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 08:35 PM   #20
DarkSephiroth

DarkSephiroth07's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze
For those you claim they beat it solo, how did you do the episode 3 ending where you need to protect the engine while the car is toeing it?

I mean there are just too many enemies there. Every time they say that the car needs gas there's just onslaught of enemies. I literally turned around and there were 6 guys right behind me, just spawned. It's just not possible to do this alone as if you take your time to kill enemies the engine blows up and if you run in the action you are going to die no matter what.

It's a shame they ruined such a great game with worst multiplayer ever.
Best part is that if you want to play this with more people you always have to have a boosting party as with randoms it's always the first or second episode and after that they either restart one of them or the host quits. And you can't create your own public lobby.

There, fuck this games MP.

Thanks to Rep for this sick picture!
My Guides: DFL, DW8, RE Code Veronica X Battle mode
, SSFIVAE, USFIV
My youtube
DarkSephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 11:26 PM   #21
1mpr3gn4t0r

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSephiroth View Post
For those you claim they beat it solo, how did you do the episode 3 ending where you need to protect the engine while the car is toeing it?
I did manage to do it solo using split screen and two controllers and that boat engine/winch was super tough. It was a long time ago, so I don't remember the exact thing that happened, but from memory, sometimes you get lucky and that big guy (flame thrower?) don't spawn. But yeah, it took hours and hours to do it solo, but it is possible.
Old 10-13-2013, 09:06 AM   #22
DarkSephiroth

DarkSephiroth07's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1mpr3gn4t0r View Post
I did manage to do it solo using split screen and two controllers and that boat engine/winch was super tough. It was a long time ago, so I don't remember the exact thing that happened, but from memory, sometimes you get lucky and that big guy (flame thrower?) don't spawn. But yeah, it took hours and hours to do it solo, but it is possible.
Yeah it's very hard, I end up rage quiting last night. I got one very lucky run where there wasn't heavy flamer or sniper and I still messed it up...

I just had to vent some as it does really feel like it was made for 4 player only.

Thanks to Rep for this sick picture!
My Guides: DFL, DW8, RE Code Veronica X Battle mode
, SSFIVAE, USFIV
My youtube
DarkSephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 10:50 PM   #23
Floorkiller

threehaddock62's Gamercard
Done and Done.

Last edited by Floorkiller; 03-21-2014 at 07:15 AM.
Floorkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 01:14 PM   #24
nordic

northsharp's Gamercard
Yes with decent people quite easy.

I did the first mission myself on splitscreen. But takes long time.

Then after a while in the lobby you become host and you can adjust the difficulty from easy to insane and choose chapter.
nordic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 01:03 PM   #25
Domanick43

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordic View Post
Yes with decent people quite easy.

I did the first mission myself on splitscreen. But takes long time.

Then after a while in the lobby you become host and you can adjust the difficulty from easy to insane and choose chapter.
Yeah, the missions are very long
Domanick43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 12:11 AM   #26
EloyOn

EloyOn's Gamercard
Did the missions today with randoms. I was lucky enough to be host two times, the first time I did stages 1-4 and the second time the rest. It can be done easily in 5 hours, less if you don't die and are the host.

If you are not hosting, it could be really difficult to get the stages that you need. And more to them to be in order, if you want to follow the story, though it's very simple, and really doesn't matter the order.

We were a team of 4 teammates (randoms) almost all the time, sometimes we were 3, but the online community is very big right now, so you shouldn't have any problems getting a whole party.

Always played on novice, and we did die a few times. I don't want to imagine how difficult would be (for me) playing it solo. If you have online and uplay, do yourself a favor and don't play solo the co-op campaign.
EloyOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 09:45 PM   #27
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Well I don't know what's all the fuzz about but COOP was for me a walk in the park. Completed it twice with a only one friend on the PS3 and the Xbox360 and haven't had any problems rushing through those six missions nor we had any glitches or bugs! Just use the gunner class and 2-3 C4 for the big guys, piece of cake!

100% > Resident Evil - Remake Remastered (XboxOne & Playstation4)
100% > Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (Xbox360 & XboxOne)
100% > Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition (Xbox360 & XboxOne)
100% > Grand Theft Auto V (Xbox360 & XboxOne)

JuSt BLaZe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 01:06 PM   #28
jt89

jaytea1989's Gamercard
yep i gave up trying to do this by my self with two controllers =(
Vine: @Jay Jay
SnapChat: jaytea89
Pheed: @jaytea89

jt89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 01:59 PM   #29
FullMoonBeaver

FullMoonBeaver's Gamercard
Count yourself lucky. I have a 14 year old stepson that will be my help, as I have no luck with playing online with anyone. Now that's a challenge.
Old 07-08-2014, 04:56 AM   #30
TheMacias

Macias21's Gamercard
Could somebody play with me me in co-op? Please PM me on Xbox Live ! My gamertag is Macias21. Thank you :-)

http://cooltext.com/

Last edited by TheMacias; 07-08-2014 at 04:57 AM. Reason: Misa is clumsy ;-P
TheMacias is offline   Reply With Quote