Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Dragon's Dogma
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-13-2012, 04:38 PM   #1
Headless Snip3r

Headless Snip3r's Gamercard
Apparently 3 hours 41 min isn't fast enough for Speed Run

Can anyone please shed light on this for me? IMO that's very freakin fast to finish this game. I know there are many people out there that can do it faster, but still that's quick. If anyone knows how fast it has to be please post it here.
Headless Snip3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 05:32 PM   #2
Shiftie

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Road Map - Diamond   Green Thumb - Bronze   Micro Guide - Platinum   Submit - Silver   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Staff Club - Shiftie   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
This is all I could find http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/5398...speedrun-time/

People finishing it in about an hr.There's a video in there that might help you out too.

(^Literally the coolest part of SWTOR)
Shiftie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 06:27 PM   #3
Valiantheart

valiant heart's Gamercard
I havent done it yet (Havent even started my NG+ yet), but 1 thing comes to mind. Portcrystals and Ferrystones. Lots of each. So I definately would not be in any condition to make a speed run.

I WILL PUKE BLOOD INTO YOUR SOUL!
Valiantheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 06:36 PM   #4
Headless Snip3r

well apparently there is an actual "speed run" mode that I don't have access to. I don't even have access to hard mode either even though I've downloaded the add on.

Another thing is that it has to be different than the main store line, shorter in some way. The whole Gregori fight is nearly 25 min, so people that can finish it in 40 min can't be doing all storyline quests also. Just no way possible.

My time was starting at NG+ and rocking out the whole game for the "Ever turning wheel" achievement. Still gonna stand by my time and say it's pretty good.
Old 12-13-2012, 06:40 PM   #5
Ceris
Why so Cerisにゃ?

Tragic Melody's Gamercard

Awards Showcase CABS Beta Tester   Community Gaming - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Ceris   Over Achiever - Bronze   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headless Snip3r View Post
Can anyone please shed light on this for me? IMO that's very freakin fast to finish this game. I know there are many people out there that can do it faster, but still that's quick. If anyone knows how fast it has to be please post it here.
Not to be a dick, but if someone completed the game in almost 40min, you should at least be able to crack the 2hour mark. I don't know anything about this game but I do speed runs of some games and with practice, I can tell with many games, you should be able to semi-replicate someone else's speedrun.

Helping Hand Award Nominations || Please disable your ad blocker for XBA!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech
An ad blocker prevents the ad from loading in the first place, and the counter is on the ad's side, not the site's. As such, an ad blocker stops the increment from going up and no revenue is generated as a result of your page views.
Ceris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 06:50 PM   #6
Valiantheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceris View Post
Not to be a dick, but if someone completed the game in almost 40min, you should at least be able to crack the 2hour mark. I don't know anything about this game but I do speed runs of some games and with practice, I can tell with many games, you should be able to semi-replicate someone else's speedrun.
Damn... and I though 3:41 was fast.

Old 12-13-2012, 10:14 PM   #7
Headless Snip3r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceris View Post
A solid playthrough of this game is 40-100 hours depending on how thorough you are. And as I said before there has to be a whole different quest set up for the speed run version. It is not possible to do what I did in less than 3 hours. There is no way. I was sprinting the whole time with very light weight capacity, used tons of ferrystones, and very well placed teleport crystals. I'll figure out how to do the speed run someday, and then see what that turns out to be.

So anyone that has played the game through what was your fastest time? Not Speed Run mode
Old 12-13-2012, 11:38 PM   #8
Valiantheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headless Snip3r View Post
A solid playthrough of this game is 40-100 hours depending on how thorough you are. And as I said before there has to be a whole different quest set up for the speed run version. It is not possible to do what I did in less than 3 hours. There is no way. I was sprinting the whole time with very light weight capacity, used tons of ferrystones, and very well placed teleport crystals. I'll figure out how to do the speed run someday, and then see what that turns out to be.

So anyone that has played the game through what was your fastest time? Not Speed Run mode
I just beat the game for the first time a couple days ago and started my NG+ today.

It took me 91 Hours, 35 minutes. I tried to be pretty thourough but I missed quite a few quests, and I didn't clear every chamber in EVerfall.

In my first playthrough I never completed Lost and Found, and every quest that leads off of that one (everything that has to do with Selene and Witchwood) so I missed quite a bit.