Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Announcements
Subscribe    Donate

Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2012, 02:49 AM   #1
Tyger7
Moderator and Guide Staff

Send a message via AIM to Tyger7 Send a message via MSN to Tyger7 Send a message via Yahoo to Tyger7 Send a message via Skype™ to Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Gold   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   5,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Tyger7   The Helping Hand   Referrals - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
Recruiting New Staff - Collectible Guide Team

Collectibles Guide Team:

This is a very new addition to the site, and is technically in the works. Before it can be complete though, we will need a few members to volunteer their time to making this run smoothly. There are a lot of games with collectibles, in fact sometimes it's hard to find a game that doesn't have them. These collectibles can range from just a few, to way too many. Instead of linking off site to find these, it is better to have our own.

Who can be a part of this: It is open invitation. It is best if you have written a collectible guide before, or a guide that was not achievement related (like a challenge guide, etc). It is even better if you have video capture equipment (need at least 1 or 2 members with this).

What tasks are at hand?: Choosing the best quality collectible guides to be stuck. Creating these guides for games. Possibly being able to publish them to the site in the near future. Having a staff thread for discussion amongst the team. Making sure people who write these guides eventually get award badges (new ones coming soon).

What this is NOT: This is not meant for video guides. While video guides will likely be included, this is not what we are after. We need text based guides that utilize pictures and/or videos. Not just videos.

Not just Collectibles: Certain tasks in games aren't specifically something you collect. Sometimes, there are challenges to be done (such as in Hitman: Absolution or Splinter Cell: Conviction). These cannot normally fit in an achievement guide and are best as their own thread with explanations on each. These can also be considered collectibles in a way.

Examples of Guides below:

Rage Collectibles Guide
Silent Hill Downpour Mystery Location Guide
Bulletstorm Collectibles Guide
Alan Wake Collectibles Guide
Dishonored Paintings Guide
Resident Evil 6 Emblems Guide

Please respond in this thread if you are interested. Copy and paste the below text and answer the questions. If not interested and just want to comment on the subject, feel free to.

Why you are interested:
What can you bring to the team:
Do you have capture equipment or plan to get it:
What's the last collectible guide you followed:
Anything to improve on above? If so explain:
Do you have any other ideas for this team:
Link to guides you have done if applicable:
The things people say to get to 5 posts...

Xbox360 games I have
http://darkadia.com/member/tyger7/library

Last edited by Tyger7; 12-14-2012 at 02:57 AM.
Old 12-14-2012, 06:15 AM   #2
Spanish Assault

Send a message via Skype™ to Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
I'd love to help. Im on the site often. See my quote on the guide team thread:

EDIT: My bad Nozza...I swear that part wasn't there when I posted.

Why you are interested: I've been a member for the site for a while now. I'm on the site multiple times a day and would love to give back to a great site.

What can you bring to the team: My biggest asset would be my activity on the site. I know some issues with the site is awards and stuff taking forever to update. I game every night too and have played over 200 games so I'm sure that is good for something, right? I do come from a Computer Science background so I have some IT skills. (limited, but can learn more)

Do you have capture equipment or plan to get it: Not at this time, no.

What's the last collectible guide you followed: Need for Speed: Most Wanted LINK. Although if you mean a collectible guide on it's own, I'm not sure.

Anything to improve on above? If so explain: I just think speed is key. Being able to find a good guide and put it on the main page of the game quickly will show how great the site is for achievement hunting. Rewarding people quickly with awards is a good thing too. I can help with that more then anything else.

Do you have any other ideas for this team: I love the idea of a collectibles guide team. There are games that have been out for a while and no guides on the game page. You have to go to the forum and find it. Maybe updating older games too would be great. Lots of people play older games and sometimes it looks like the site forgets about them.

Link to guides you have done if applicable: None....

"It is done then. Your schemes, like you, are put to rest." - Altaïr Ibn La-Ahad

Last edited by Spanish Assault; 12-14-2012 at 01:26 PM.
Old 12-14-2012, 10:55 AM   #3
Jappe XBA

Send a message via Skype™ to Jappe XBA

Jappe XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   GSL 12 Winner   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Donator - Level 3   Submit - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Silver   Staff Club - Jappe x360a   Staff Club - Minty
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
Wow the site is recruiting a lot I have already left my application for Guide Team and Clubs Director. Would probably put my name in for this one as well but unfortunately I don't have capture card and I'm usually the one reading collectible guides and not writing them

Nice idea though and I hope we will get them up to the site as well sometime!
Old 12-14-2012, 11:17 AM   #4
Nozza XBA

SnozzyBear's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Road Map - Platinum   Micro Guide - Silver   Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 3   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 14 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyger7 View Post
Why you are interested:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmona25 View Post
I'd love to help. Im on the site often. See my quote on the guide team thread:
Carmona, you need to post back with the questions listed by Tyger. Copying and pasting the same quote/answers across all applications will only give you the same chance across all the boards and doesn't help us when we're trying to look at all the submissions and vary each person individually.

Also, I know this is my guide and seems a bit "Hey look at this", but I thought it'll help.

GoW 3 Collectables Guide.

The guide will show you how utilising all 3 - Text, Pictures & Video - can work quite well.
Old 12-14-2012, 01:31 PM   #5
Spanish Assault

Send a message via Skype™ to Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozza x360a View Post
Carmona, you need to post back with the questions listed by Tyger. Copying and pasting the same quote/answers across all applications will only give you the same chance across all the boards and doesn't help us when we're trying to look at all the submissions and vary each person individually.
Yeah not off to a great start, am I?

I updated my original post. Thanks for the heads up.

"It is done then. Your schemes, like you, are put to rest." - Altaïr Ibn La-Ahad
Old 12-14-2012, 02:39 PM   #6
Grifter Reborn

Send a message via Skype™ to Grifter Reborn

Grifter x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Emerald   CABS Beta Tester   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   x360a Representer   Road Map - Bronze   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Why you are interested: I've enjoyed being a part of this community and I'm always looking to help out my fellow members. It's a great feeling when someone uses your guide and is thankful you made it. Makes it worthwhile, at least for me.

What can you bring to the team: Organization, leadership, and willingness to help whenever possible. While my previous guides may speak for themselves, I can assure you I can adapt to any given situation thanks to real world experience. From law enforcement to running my own business (and even president of a fraternity way back in college) I've always been able to overcome any difficulties thrown my way. I look forward to the challenges this could present.

Do you have capture equipment or plan to get it: I do not have anything of the sort, however that could change if I became part of the team.

What's the last collectible guide you followed: Alan Wake.

Anything to improve on above? If so explain: I don't recall anything that needed to be improved. I used it without any trouble.

Do you have any other ideas for this team: Currently, no. However I will now be keeping an open eye (and mind) when I'm on the site from now on.

ME3 Ultimate Mission Guide
GOW3 Ribbon Guide

Change is inevitable.

Last edited by Grifter Reborn; 12-14-2012 at 03:03 PM. Reason: Cleaned it up
Old 12-15-2012, 10:15 AM   #7
Tyger7
Moderator and Guide Staff

Send a message via AIM to Tyger7 Send a message via MSN to Tyger7 Send a message via Yahoo to Tyger7 Send a message via Skype™ to Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Gold   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   5,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Tyger7   The Helping Hand   Referrals - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
Appreciate the people who are offering their help so far Gonna be leaving this up for a while since there isn't even a dedicated thread yet. I'll keep everyone posted on how things are turning out.
The things people say to get to 5 posts...

Xbox360 games I have
http://darkadia.com/member/tyger7/library
Old 12-15-2012, 02:08 PM   #8
Crimson Ridley

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Platinum   Staff Club - dakisbac   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Why you are interested: I love this site, and it would be great to help more than just post.

What can you bring to the team: I'm pretty good at organisation, and I'm always available to get the job done. I think I have a pretty good eye for what's good, and what's not.

Do you have capture equipment or plan to get it: Nothing yet, but that's not to say I won't be able to get something in the future.

What's the last collectible guide you followed: Collect All Evidence for Hitman Absolution.

Anything to improve on above? If so explain: Nothing. PowerPyx made a fantastic guide, that included video and text.

Do you have any other ideas for this team: Nothing off the top of my head right now.

I've only written a few, but they show organisation and 2 of them are challenge guides.

Dead Rising 2: Off The Record - All You Need To Complete

Driver: San Francisco - Dares Guide

Hitman Absolution - Jack Of All Trades Guide

Many thanks to Cpt Slaugh7er (xboxachievements.com) for the signature!

My xba account: Crimson Ridley
My PSN account: CrimsonRidley

R.I.P. to the most wonderful person to have ever lived; my Nanna. 03/11/1932 - 06/10/2013. You will be forever remembered, and forever missed. I love you so much.
Old 12-15-2012, 11:58 PM   #9
Never Final

Never Final's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - troy0891   Staff Club - Never Final   Over Achiever - Silver   Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Why you are interested: This month marks my 5th year since I joined. Ive always loved the community and how much it works together to help each other out. I applied to the Maximum Club Staff position as well. Id love to do either. Anyway to help out the community in my own way.

What can you bring to the team: I have not done a written guide yet. I have done small video guides. Ill link one at the end of this. I know how frustrating it is to be missing 1 collectible and not have any clue what it is because the game has no tracking. Then you watch a video guide on youtube or a picture guide and it just doesnt give enough detail to make you sure you already collected it. I dont plan to let this happen with my own guides.

Do you have capture equipment or plan to get it: I do. Records from nearly any input including HDMI. I can record from 360 or PC games. Both in high quality (up to 720p at the moment). PC will be higher quality of course. Again see the end of the post for a few of my videos for examples.

What's the last collectible guide you followed: Evidence guide for Hitman: Absolution.

The video guide included in the game forum was easily sufficient to complete the challenge. The inclusion of the timestamps per mission was nice. Not really anything Id improve upon personally. Maybe some more detail in the written guide.

Do you have any other ideas for this team: Video guides accompanied by a text guide really are the way to go with collectibles. Text can be hard to follow by itself and it so much easier to see exactly where the collectible is or how to do a specific challenge without seeing it in a video or picture. Even if I dont write any of the guides Id be more than happy to make a video that follows a text guide written by another member of the CGT.

Link to guides you have done if applicable: Again not any written ones but here are a few from FFXIII and a D3 guide I did.These arent really collectible guides except for maybe the chocobo one.

Need help with an online achievement? If I got the game Ill help. Just PM me.
COMPLETED: 108 - RETAIL: 62 - ARCADE: 21 - WP7: 15 - W8: 8 - OTHER: 2
Last Completed: Fighting Vipers(XBLA)

Last edited by Never Final; 12-16-2012 at 12:10 AM.
Old 12-16-2012, 11:43 PM   #10
Ceris
Why So Ceris-nya?

Tragic Melody's Gamercard

Awards Showcase CABS Beta Tester   Community Gaming - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Ceris   Over Achiever - Bronze   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   1,000 Posts
Why you are interested: I may be a newer member, just joining a year ago, but I've came here constantly multiple times a day for as long as I had access to the internet. This would be a way to contribute to this amazing site. I also find enjoyment in helping others, taking hours of my gaming time out to help others get achievements I have already gotten.
What can you bring to the team: Dedication and hard work. When it's dealing with something I am passionate about, in this case gaming, I will end up working really hard. Also, on average, I have around 12 hours free on any given day to do as I please (minus school and sleeping) to give towards this "job".
Do you have capture equipment or plan to get it: Not at the moment, but I've always thought of getting one. I also have a close friend who no longer games with a capture device I might be able to use until I could get one myself.
What's the last collectible guide you followed: The "mini" collectible guides contained in The Pants Party's Eternal Sonata Achievement Guide.
Anything to improve on above? If so explain: Nothing I can think of at this time.
Do you have any other ideas for this team: If this group could get its own sub-forum, teamwork can be used within individual guides, such as multiple people contributing to adding images while someone else writes any missing guides there to be proof-read.
Link to guides you have done if applicable: Though they aren't achievement related,I did a guide for Final Fantasy XIII-2's Live Trigger rewards and for the Gate Seals that are required to access certain parts of the game.
Live Trigger Rewards
Gate Seal Locations

Helping Hand Award Nominations || Please disable your ad blocker for XBA!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech
An ad blocker prevents the ad from loading in the first place, and the counter is on the ad's side, not the site's. As such, an ad blocker stops the increment from going up and no revenue is generated as a result of your page views.

Last edited by Ceris; 12-18-2012 at 09:25 AM.
Old 12-17-2012, 06:32 AM   #11
PMS Green1Chaos

Send a message via AIM to PMS Green1Chaos Send a message via MSN to PMS Green1Chaos Send a message via Yahoo to PMS Green1Chaos Send a message via Skype™ to PMS Green1Chaos

Green1Chaos's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I would love to help, but I'm not good at guides...Best of luck to those who apply.

"Fifty Thounsand people used to live here.Now It's a ghost town."-Capt. McMillian

https://www.playfire.com/ps3-xbox-pc/8SUJNO
Old 12-17-2012, 09:23 AM   #12
Shiftie

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Road Map - Diamond   Green Thumb - Bronze   Micro Guide - Platinum   Submit - Silver   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Staff Club - Shiftie   Donator - Level 1
Why you are interested:
I like writing guides, especially the more thorough guides like collectibles or quest guides, though it seems like whenever I work on them someone else finishes one first and I don't bother posting it.

I probably play arcade games more than the average person, so I'd be bringing lengthy text guides for both retail and arcade games.

No, my phone takes pretty good pictures but I don't have a dedicated picture/video capture device and although I've always thought about getting one I can't really promise I will any time soon (depends how Christmas goes I guess).

Just started playing Ninja Blade and I'm using the guide for that.

Nothing, there aren't any pictures or videos, but the text is just fine for such a linear game.

Perhaps setting up collectibles lists on the main page at some point and allowing people to hide the ones they have collected from the list, like how the achievements work now. That may be the intention, but I can't think of anything else at the moment. Also, maybe making the team name "Alternative Guide Team" or "Game Enhancement Team" or something would work if the team will focus on more than just what is most commonly considered to be collectibles, but it really doesn't matter much

Not collectible-specific guides, more the alternative guides that you mentioned as they help with achievements and making the game a bit easier to play.

Dead Island Mods/Weapons/Etc. Guide
Half-Minute Hero Title + Equipment Guide

I've also done a couple of collectible and alternative guides, which I ended up not posting for whatever reason, such as one for Alice: The Madness Returns that is just text, and 100% case/collectible guides for LA Noire . edit: Nevermind..started working on the LA Noire Guide

(^Literally the coolest part of SWTOR)

Last edited by Shiftie; 12-17-2012 at 12:02 PM.
Old 12-17-2012, 05:30 PM   #13
Grifter Reborn

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Emerald   CABS Beta Tester   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   x360a Representer   Road Map - Bronze   A+ Thread Award
So a thought occured to me, (scary I know ) would a screenshot from a phone suffice on occasion? An example I've done before:

LINK (screens are in spoiler tag)

Just curious if this could be used in an event where a screenshot was needed to go along with text until a better one could be made.

Change is inevitable.

Old 12-19-2012, 10:57 AM   #14
TheSilentAssassin

MiserlyPluto459's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
What a great idea. I am confident I am not the only one who was appreciative of Tyger's efforts on collectible guides. They are top notch. Especially the Alan Wake one - hundreds of collectibles, colour coded, described, what more could you want! Even better is that the achievements are put in there as well so you don't miss those along the way! Awesome work Tyger!

^View my profile on Trueachievements.com!^

Completed Games: 52
Proudest 100% 1: Dead Island 1250/1250
Proudest 100% 2: Dead Island Riptide 1000/1000
Proudest 100% 3: Red Dead Redemption 1500/1500

Currently playing/boosting: Red Faction Guerrilla XP, Halo 3 (Legendary, Skulls, terminals), GTA V. Send me a FR on live and/or message if you wanna boost.
Old 12-19-2012, 11:15 AM   #15
Nozza XBA

SnozzyBear's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Road Map - Platinum   Micro Guide - Silver   Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 3   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 14 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grifter Reborn View Post
So a thought occured to me, (scary I know ) would a screenshot from a phone suffice on occasion? An example I've done before:

LINK (screens are in spoiler tag)

Just curious if this could be used in an event where a screenshot was needed to go along with text until a better one could be made.
I'm not going to say no, but they're not preferred. Though using a phone's camera is a quick and easy fix for a screen shot there's a few issues.

The main one is the quality. The one you've linked is a prime example. Even though it gets the job done, they're still fuzzy and not of the best quality. You'll also come across the hash lines you get on the odd occasions when using the camera injunction at looking at the screen. Again another quality issue.

With a capture device, you get none of these, as they're filmed via the HDMI, so the video quality is at its best, as will the screen caps you get.

Just because you don't have a device, does not mean you're not still suitable for the new guide team.

Last edited by Nozza XBA; 12-19-2012 at 02:03 PM.
Old 12-19-2012, 01:54 PM   #16
Grifter Reborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozza x360a View Post
I'm not going to say no, but they're not preferred. Though using a phone's camera is a quite and easy fix for a screen shot there's a few issues.

The main one is the quality. The one you've linked is a prime example. Even though it gets the job done, they're still fuzzy and not of the best quality. You'll also come across the hash lines you get on the odd occasions when using the camera injunction at looking at the screen. Again another quality issue.

With a capture device, you get none of these, as they're filmed via the HDMI, so the video quality is at its best, as will the screen caps you get.

Just because you don't have a device, does not mean you're not still suitable for the new guide team.
Ok, cool. Thanks for the feedback!

Change is inevitable.

Old 12-23-2012, 06:16 AM   #17
Yunder

Send a message via MSN to Yunder

YUNDERSTAND's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Green Thumb - Bronze   Micro Guide - Gold   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - rekikire   Achievement Guide - Gold   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Staff Club - troy0891   Staff Club - Tyger7   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Staff Club - Yunder   Submit - Emerald
Figured I'd post in here since its still open. Hopefully I didn't miss the deadline.

Why you are interested:
Always interested in helping out the site in any way I can. With this new team being put together, we can improve the quality of work that comes out of this website. The more quality of the work, the more quality the website.

What can you bring to the team: I try to do the best at what I can to whatever I can. Whenever work is involved, it should get done right, not just get done. I also try to be as organized as possible. Whenever someone is reading through a guide or a walkthrough, it shows how much better the guide itself is, is its written correctly and neat.

Do you have capture equipment or plan to get it: Yes, planning on it. I have been looking to pick up a Hauppauge HD PVR in the near future, but it seems they have upgraded their product within the past few years. The newest available product outputs in 1080p instead of 720p. Not too much of a problem, but I play in 720p.

Spec Ops: The Line

Nothing to really improve on. I love the idea of having a team solely focusing on collectibles in games. It's something this site has needed for a long time, so cheers to Tyger for setting it up!

I believe the team should use a general layout of how all collectible guide should look across the board. Similar to how road maps are laid out. That way if someone jumps into a Collectible thread, they know exactly how it's laid out.

I have yet to do any collectible guides, so I have none of those applicable. I have however, written a number of guides for the site and many of them have been posted to the main site as well.
Old 12-23-2012, 04:15 PM   #18
XPL1C1T GAM3R

xSCAR x TiSSUEx's Gamercard
What's the pay?

Old 12-23-2012, 04:17 PM   #19
Yunder

Send a message via MSN to Yunder

YUNDERSTAND's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Green Thumb - Bronze   Micro Guide - Gold   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - rekikire   Achievement Guide - Gold   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Staff Club - troy0891   Staff Club - Tyger7   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Staff Club - Yunder   Submit - Emerald
Quote:
Originally Posted by XPL1C1T GAM3R View Post
What's the pay?
There is no pay. All staff positions on this site are voluntarily.
Old 12-23-2012, 04:33 PM   #20
Creech
Administrator

Send a message via Skype™ to Creech

Just Creech's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff - Administrator   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 2   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Andrew x360a   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Micro Guide - Gold   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Road Map - Emerald   CABS Beta Tester   Artist of the Month
Total Awards: 40 (more» ...)
We are sorting through these now, thanks for everyone's interest. Announcements will be made shortly!

Awake, Alert, & Enthusiastic!
The Silicon Rule: If the product is free, then you are the product.
Closed Thread