Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Halo 4
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-16-2012, 12:53 AM   #31
BSM

lol's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by smashingrascal View Post
I'm still going to do the whole campaign on legendary just for fun, but this is a great find for people who aren't that good.
good for you
BSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 12:57 AM   #32
bwfcskillsinhd

i Mr Pete's Gamercard
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by The BiggD View Post
Damn...what a good response. I'm glad I took the time to read it.
haha...hey just checked out your guide and its impressive! sure it will help many ppl,only wish it had been posted complete before id completed the game.looks like youve still a lot to do but ill certainly read it through when its complete.good work dude
bwfcskillsinhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 02:28 AM   #33
Hottub Cowboy

Hottub Cowboy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Gold
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Which is exactly why I'm creating a Legendary Guide to save people the stress of getting stuck in certain fights, save people time by showing them tricks to bypass certain fights, and give them a detailed rundown of each level so they know what to do. I mean, if you're gonna have to exploit a game to get a mere 90 then I feel bad for you.
And I really do appreciate your efforts. Call me old fashioned but I would rather complete the campaign on Legendary just the way it should be done & without using shortcuts.
Hottub Cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 10:01 AM   #34
TransonicPower

JJ Diamondz's Gamercard
Quote:
Which is exactly why I'm creating a Legendary Guide to save people the stress of getting stuck in certain fights, save people time by showing them tricks to bypass certain fights, and give them a detailed rundown of each level so they know what to do. I mean, if you're gonna have to exploit a game to get a mere 90 then I feel bad for you.
It's 343's fault that we can do this. If I didnt found out about this, I would have gone through it the "legit" way. But this saved my time. It's not like I hacked the game or something...

And for your guide, it's looking good. I'm sure I would have used it, but now there's no need because of this rally point thing.
Old 12-16-2012, 11:00 AM   #35
Kemaleon

Kemaleon's Gamercard
Quote:
What would be the point of performing a glitch to complete the game on LASO...like seriously.
But you get a shiny new emblem for completing it LASO ...

Seriously though, I'm following the ARG on Waypoint and LASO completion may be significant to future Waypoint terminal unlock codes.

I do want to LASO it either way, once I've reached SR130.
Kemaleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 11:16 AM   #36
Scrammblers

Scrammblers's Gamercard
Im gonna try a legit run first but if/when I get stuck this will come in handy.
Scrammblers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 09:09 PM   #37
Maka

Send a message via MSN to Maka

Maka91's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 10,000 posts   Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Emerald   GRID 2 Award   Submit - Platinum   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Micro Guide - Gold   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Silver   x360a Book Club   A+ Thread Award   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 20 (more» ...)
Wow, this will really make playing the game for the 3rd time much more bearable.
Maka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 08:00 AM   #38
DamagedWill

Send a message via AIM to DamagedWill

DamagedWill's Gamercard
Once again, a thread where people give other people shit on getting achievements in exploitable ways. Don't let it bother you guys. Achievements are fun to get and if people want to do it this way, it's not gonna take away from how you got yours or interfere with your life.

Pretty cool trick though. I'm still gonna try and do it legit though since I have always looked forward to going through Halo games on Legendary (Except 2)

Also, BiggD, don't be discouraged in writing your guide. I will be looking forward to reading it and all the people who still plan on doing it legit will be too.
Old 12-17-2012, 06:56 PM   #39
Twisted Ego

Twisted Ego's Gamercard
Looks like I'll have to try this method. Beat it once via my friends account to help him. But dreaded going back and beating it for my own. This'll save much more time so I can go finish my Now they fly achieve. -.-
Twisted Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 08:35 PM   #40
Tatanko
Ductus Exemplo

Tatanko's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 4   Subscriber - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   5,000 Posts   A+ Thread Award   XBA Promoter   Over Achiever - Bronze   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Thanks for the heads up on this. Some of you may consider it cheating, but I really don't care. I've already beaten the game three times on Legendary on co-op and I've played the crap out of every Halo game that's ever been released so don't tell me I'm missing out on the experience
Tatanko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 02:35 AM   #41
Darth Maleval

Darth Maleval's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by LickableLemons7 View Post
Boo to all the people that are too lazy to tough out their solo legendary run.

Halo 4 is nowhere near as hard as Halo 2 (which I just beat solo legendary on PC a few days back). Halo 2 took me a little over eight years to beat solo legendary, but I did finish it co-op on the original Xbox a long time ago.

343i needs to sort out more of Halo 4's glitches, because now I'm feeling even more butthurt from all these people trying to riddle their way out of a great learning experience.

Agree. Halo 2 was the toughest campaign to get through for sure.

Halo 4 is the first Halo game that I decided to do my first run through of the campaign on Legendary. I managed to complete all levels Solo (and did not use this shortcut you are all discussing). I like to feel a sense of accomplishment by actually completing the entire mission.
Old 12-18-2012, 02:42 AM   #42
THE DEADLY DOG
Graphics Team

Send a message via AIM to THE DEADLY DOG Send a message via MSN to THE DEADLY DOG Send a message via Skype™ to THE DEADLY DOG

THE DEADLY DOG's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Staff - Maximum Clubs Director   Micro Guide - Gold   Submit - Emerald   Subscriber - Bronze   Staff Club - * Clueless *   2,500 Posts   Staff Club - THE DEADLY DOG
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Shoot if this still works on Friday I'll need to do it. After I turn in that last final I will finally embrace my Xbox again and I would love to give her the sweet welcome of a Halo 4.
Old 12-18-2012, 05:28 PM   #43
zaXor101

Hey Zaxor's Gamercard
Does this still work? Can't access my xbox atm.
Old 12-18-2012, 11:13 PM   #44
HabsCen10ial

HabsCen10ial's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Wow what a huge tip.

Part of me is proud that I completed the game but part of me wishes I had of known this. There were so many frustrating situations in my legendary playthrough.

Credit goes to Xerofox for the amazing Montreal Canadiens sig!

HabsCen10ial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 12:17 AM   #45
Yannie Boy

Yannie Boy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Community Gaming - Bronze   1,000 Posts   XBA Promoter   Submit - Platinum   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaXor101 View Post
Does this still work? Can't access my xbox atm.
Yes, this still works.

Yannie Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 12:48 AM   #46
Mushy46

Mushy46's Gamercard
I may have to give this a go. I am starting to get really frustrated.
Mushy46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 02:50 AM   #47
Tsaako

tsaako's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Going to have to try this nice, thanks for letting us know!

Edit - Is it possible to just blast through the campaign on easy then, using level select then choosing rally point and difficulty?

I was playing Bourne Conspiracy few weeks back, had a similar way of unlocking the hard difficulty achievement but you couldn't use level select, it had to be in a single campaign run through from start to finish then backing out, loading up last part of level and choosing hard difficulty.

Last edited by Tsaako; 12-20-2012 at 03:14 AM.
Tsaako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 09:19 AM   #48
optics

Quote:
Originally Posted by LickableLemons7 View Post
Boo to all the people that are too lazy to tough out their solo legendary run.

Halo 4 is nowhere near as hard as Halo 2 (which I just beat solo legendary on PC a few days back). Halo 2 took me a little over eight years to beat solo legendary, but I did finish it co-op on the original Xbox a long time ago.

343i needs to sort out more of Halo 4's glitches, because now I'm feeling even more butthurt from all these people trying to riddle their way out of a great learning experience.
Well this is an achievement forum. So the ends justify the means.
Old 12-23-2012, 01:16 AM   #49
scoobymad

lunatic learner's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by TransonicPower View Post
Yes, it's amazing.

complete all the missions on a lower difficulty. Then comes the interesting part. You know the Rally Points? That's where things get interesting. Just go to select your mission, and choose the last RP available (and difficulty of course on legendary). Then go through the end of the mission. You can skip llike half of the level.

And yes, it gives the achievement according to the ppl on the Waypoint forums, and for me, it gives the commendation done pop up after every mission done. I need to do the last two levels, and after that I can confirm that it works.

EDIT: I can confirm that this works!
ok its not working 4 me idear's please people

got this a few days back .. did not update the game

in a nut shell I finished the game on normal and got all the terminals

then loaded it up Dawn rally point B no skulls on picked legendary and played till the next level loaded save and quit

after looking it only shows solo on normal ..

quit out to dashboard reloaded and its the same

what am I doing wrong ?
Old 12-23-2012, 05:29 AM   #50
bLaKgRaVy

bLaKgRaVy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Platinum   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Minty   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsaako View Post
Going to have to try this nice, thanks for letting us know!

Edit - Is it possible to just blast through the campaign on easy then, using level select then choosing rally point and difficulty?

I was playing Bourne Conspiracy few weeks back, had a similar way of unlocking the hard difficulty achievement but you couldn't use level select, it had to be in a single campaign run through from start to finish then backing out, loading up last part of level and choosing hard difficulty.
Same for Splinter Cell: Conviction. Running through the levels on Easy and when you get to the last checkpoint, just save and quit and resume on Realistic. Luckily someone posted where the checkpoints are in the forum.

I personally am doing this with two friends on Legendary from the start, but it might be useful if I attempt this solo (I know, everyone says it's not too hard, but I don't give a shit what people say. I'm going to play the game the way I want to play it. It's my right). If a title update has made this unattainable, couldn't you just clear your cache and play the game offline and have this work? Seems logical it would, unless it didn't work at first and something they changed in a title update made this work.

EDIT - Ok, according to TU 4 on 12/6/12, this update MADE it possible to do the campaign this way, not hinder it. So unless they fix this again with TU 5, you can do this legitimately (according to 343).

"Fixed issue where players could not unlock Campaign completion achievements when using a rally point other than Alpha for any mission to finish the Campaign" - so this means they fixed it so you CAN unlock Campaign completion achievements when using a rally point other than Alpha.

Last edited by bLaKgRaVy; 12-23-2012 at 05:44 AM.
bLaKgRaVy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 06:02 AM   #51
Loopy Altitude

loopy altitude's Gamercard
Interesting tip, I did Legendary Solo awhile ago, but this should help several people immensely.

Legendary Solo was pretty easy for me, I only had trouble on a few parts.
Loopy Altitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 09:14 AM   #52
DJ RJester

DJ RJester's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Rajeanero   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 3   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Minty   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   Staff Club - Tyger7   Staff Club - troy0891   Staff Club - TemporalWizard
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Nice find, I have already completed legendary difficulty solo and would say that this is definitely the easiest Halo game I've played. I will use this tip though if I play the game through again helping a friend do co-op legendary.

Thanks to KillerBEA for this awesome signature

Gamertag = DJ RJester
Please don't send random friend requests without a message.

Game Completion Percentage, only 83.14% 15/04/13, 85.48% 23/09/13
Game Completion Percentage now 87.07% 06/04/14 (still need 498 achievements on previously played games to get to 90% )
DJ RJester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 10:39 PM   #53
CheshireMulisha

CheshireMulisha's Gamercard
Nice find, just got the game for christmas.
I've not decided if i'm going to playthrough it straight off on legendary solo or just play through on normal 1st.

But i'll definitely keep this tip in mind if I do hit any rough spots.

Looking to boost: Midnight Club: LA, NHL2K10 & Panzer General

Happy to boost for others: Speedball 2 (Sorry I no longer own HC: Great Battles Medieval so cant boost that any more)

Need help boosting? Send me a message with the game/achievement you need help on along with a friend request or I won't accept!
CheshireMulisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 11:56 PM   #54
Spanish Assault

Send a message via Skype™ to Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Glad I read this....thanks!
Old 12-24-2012, 01:01 PM   #55
TransonicPower

JJ Diamondz's Gamercard
I'm glad to see that this helps someone lol it sure did help me. Less time struggling in campaign, more time for MM
Old 12-24-2012, 05:11 PM   #56
Predator Pete

Quote:
Originally Posted by TransonicPower View Post
I'm glad to see that this helps someone lol it sure did help me. Less time struggling in campaign, more time for MM
Still works, thank you very much.
Predator Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 06:59 PM   #57
Dragonmaster700

Dragonmaster700's Gamercard
Still works for both SP and co-op.
Dragonmaster700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 07:14 PM   #58
Fechdog

Fechdog's Gamercard
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned that beating the campaign solo legendary will give you access to a classified code! This makes it easier to get that too.
Old 12-25-2012, 12:26 AM   #59
OxygenJunkie

OxygenJunkie's Gamercard
Does it unlock the co-op heroic achievement? Can you select rally points in split screen?

Edit : answered already

Last edited by OxygenJunkie; 12-25-2012 at 12:31 AM.
OxygenJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 12:08 PM   #60
Unimatrix08

Unimatrix08's Gamercard
Good to know. :-)
Unimatrix08 is offline   Reply With Quote