Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Halo 4
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-01-2013, 05:10 AM   #121
StarsRPD

Eskobar M92's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by xydz View Post
For some reason it didnt work for me, lets try with all 13 on now
Most likely fixed, I've finished it with 12 and 13 skulls.
Old 02-01-2013, 05:41 AM   #122
xydz

XyDz Matt's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarsRPD View Post
Most likely fixed, I've finished it with 12 and 13 skulls.
that sucks, i just did it again with 13. so im guessing it is fixed.
Old 02-01-2013, 07:53 AM   #123
US07

Usman S's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by xydz View Post
that sucks, i just did it again with 13. so im guessing it is fixed.
It can't be fixed I did it on Tuesday 29.01.2013 and there has been no patch since then...

US07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:30 AM   #124
StarsRPD

Eskobar M92's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by US07 View Post
It can't be fixed I did it on Tuesday 29.01.2013 and there has been no patch since then...
Hmmm. Well I'm not trying this again until someone post a solution.
Old 02-01-2013, 04:52 PM   #125
US07

Usman S's Gamercard
Quote:
Hmmm. Well I'm not trying this again until someone post a solution.
This is exactly how I did it:

Pre doing this - coop and solo legendary done including prologue and epilogue

Doing this - I put on all skulls bar blind and started Reclaimer from Rally Point Bravo. Used the video to skip most of the battles. Finished the mission. I never saved and quit the game at any point during the mission, I did die once but all I did was press start then restart mission (it restarted me from Rally Point Bravo). I'm not certain but I think it started the next level after I was done and then I just ended the game.

I then went to waypoint through the Halo 4 menu entered the code and it worked.

Hope this helps.

Old 02-02-2013, 05:25 PM   #126
StarsRPD

Eskobar M92's Gamercard
Quote:

Doing this - I put on all skulls bar blind and started Reclaimer from Rally Point Bravo. Used the video to skip most of the battles. Finished the mission. I never saved and quit the game at any point during the mission, I did die once but all I did was press start then restart mission (it restarted me from Rally Point Bravo). I'm not certain but I think it started the next level after I was done and then I just ended the game.

Hope this helps.
Nice. It must be the no save and quit, restart level or co-op legendary then. I will try again. Did you save and quit in the cutscene ending or start of next mission. can anyone confirm? Edit: Restart level to bravo with no save&quit. quit after the new mission starts. No unlock yet lol damn this code. https://app.halowaypoint.com/en-us/H...e3db7ce46d433a

I can do this bravo checkpoint in 15 minutes first try now I done it so many times. I might try the whole mission or whole campaign slaso sometime if I want a challenge. Anyways thanks for helping. I'm sure the glitch works for some people.

Last edited by StarsRPD; 02-02-2013 at 06:02 PM.
StarsRPD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 05:06 PM   #127
ChrissXeSage

Spencer Esquire's Gamercard
I've read through most of the posts here and I was just wondering, while this works for solo, will the same method work for Legendary Co-op? Meaning, since I have already finished it on Co-Op Heroic, will me choosing the last rally point on Legendary work the same way as co-op?
ChrissXeSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 05:25 PM   #128
Fechdog

Fechdog's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissXeSage View Post
I've read through most of the posts here and I was just wondering, while this works for solo, will the same method work for Legendary Co-op? Meaning, since I have already finished it on Co-Op Heroic, will me choosing the last rally point on Legendary work the same way as co-op?
I can confirm this method still works as of a few days ago.
Old 02-05-2013, 03:24 PM   #129
PsychoSocial

does this work for the campaign challenges?

If you stand for nothing you will fall for anything.

Xbox Live gamer for 6 years.

Achievement hunter.

Supporter and owner of the All in One entertainment system.
PsychoSocial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 04:30 PM   #130
StarsRPD

Eskobar M92's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoSocial View Post
does this work for the campaign challenges?
Nope. I've tried. Waste of time.

Last edited by StarsRPD; 02-05-2013 at 04:32 PM.
StarsRPD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 04:40 PM   #131
PsychoSocial

Quote:
Nope. I've tried. Waste of time.
Damn. oh well

If you stand for nothing you will fall for anything.

Xbox Live gamer for 6 years.

Achievement hunter.

Supporter and owner of the All in One entertainment system.
PsychoSocial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 04:42 PM   #132
US07

Usman S's Gamercard
Quote:
Nice. It must be the no save and quit, restart level or co-op legendary then. I will try again. Did you save and quit in the cutscene ending or start of next mission. can anyone confirm? Edit: Restart level to bravo with no save&quit. quit after the new mission starts. No unlock yet lol damn this code. https://app.halowaypoint.com/en-us/H...e3db7ce46d433a

I can do this bravo checkpoint in 15 minutes first try now I done it so many times. I might try the whole mission or whole campaign slaso sometime if I want a challenge. Anyways thanks for helping. I'm sure the glitch works for some people.
I skipped the cutscenes then saved and quit once the mission begun.

Old 02-05-2013, 05:15 PM   #133
StarsRPD

Eskobar M92's Gamercard
Quote:
I skipped the cutscenes then saved and quit once the mission begun.
Yeah me too.
Old 02-08-2013, 12:30 PM   #134
Berny18

Berny18's Gamercard
Does this work for the Coop on Heroic achievement, too?
Berny18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 01:07 PM   #135
xydz

XyDz Matt's Gamercard
Quote:

Hope this helps.
like i said iv tried this so many different ways, on the 2nd run i did it first go with out dying, (with all 13 on)

iv finished everything legendary before this.. guess it just doesnt like some people
Old 02-08-2013, 03:47 PM   #136
NewProfileKid

NewProfileKid's Gamercard
FML I did it and no Cheevo popped. So from what I have just read I have to figure out what level I have saved and quit on?

Ok I have just re done the levels I think I had saved and quit from and still didn't get it. One last thing I can think off is that I am offline as I have no I Internet. Would this affect it?

Last edited by NewProfileKid; 02-08-2013 at 05:41 PM.
NewProfileKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 06:14 AM   #137
Fueled by Rage

Fueled by Rage's Gamercard
I'm doing my Legendary run now. I'm hoping it's more like REACH on Legendary; Had problems here and there but wasn't too bad, Halo 3 was a huge pain,used 3 other players for that thing!
Fueled by Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 06:35 AM   #138
DarkReign2021
Banned User

DarkReign2021's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
The only thing you should have any trouble with is Knights. They can be pretty nasty on Legendary since they pretty much one-shot you with melee and disappear on a whim. Biggest wastes of ammo ever.

Than again, it could be different for you seeing as how you had trouble with H3, but not Reach. It was the other way around for me. Elites made Reach hella hard whereas Halo 3 was the easiest legendary playthrough I've had yet in the series.
DarkReign2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 05:31 PM   #139
TrevelyanL85A2

Send a message via ICQ to TrevelyanL85A2 Send a message via AIM to TrevelyanL85A2 Send a message via MSN to TrevelyanL85A2 Send a message via Yahoo to TrevelyanL85A2 Send a message via Skype™ to TrevelyanL85A2

trevl85a2 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   Donator - Level 5   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kemaleon View Post
But you get a shiny new emblem for completing it LASO ...

Seriously though, I'm following the ARG on Waypoint and LASO completion may be significant to future Waypoint terminal unlock codes.

I do want to LASO it either way, once I've reached SR130.
You also get 50,000 XP too from Waypoint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fechdog View Post
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned that beating the campaign solo legendary will give you access to a classified code! This makes it easier to get that too.
And XP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastNcurious View Post
Hey, it's worth a shot. It works in some games to just beat that last level.

Thanks again OP for the tip. I loved the story and cutscenes, but the gameplay was too familiar so I got quickly bored and annoyed by the campaign. So glad to be finally done with the single player once and for all.
The gameplay was rather different than the others, some of it similar, some of it not. I very much enjoyed the story, and I think for 343's first formal fray into the franchise (not counting Halo: CEA and the Halo Reach map packs), it was nicely well done.

I'm going to try this and see how this goes.

Need Help with the Following:
Arcade: South Park
Retail: See gamertag for list.

10000 GS 5 Jul. 2009:
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2
20000 GS 6 Jun. 2010: Gears of War 2
30000 GS 1 Jan. 2011: Call of Duty: World at War
40000 GS 11 Nov. 2011: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
50000 GS 10 Feb. 2013: Dead Space 3

TrevelyanL85A2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 07:48 PM   #140
SAM 602

SAM 602's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Ok so let me get this straight... You can get the LASO emblem and XP just by beating Reclaimer from Rally Point Bravo with all Skulls on with or without blind on?

I've beat it on Legendary Solo and have tried to beat DAWN on LASO with no luck. If this seems to be a glitch that indeed works I'll try to give it a shot.

In timeline order:
Halo Wars-58/58 100%
Halo Reach-69/69 100%
Halo: CE Anni-44/44 100%
Halo 2 Vista-41/41 100%
Halo 3-79/79 100%
Halo 3: ODST-47/47 100%
Halo Spartan Assault X1-30/30 100%
Halo Spartan Assault 360-27/28 96%
Halo Spartan Assault W8-25/25 100%
(Glitch can't finish 360: Extra Credit)
Halo 4-86/86 100%

SAM 602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 08:12 PM   #141
jds78

Jds78's Gamercard
I have went through the entire campaign on legendary but did not receive the ach so I am going to try this now
jds78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 02:13 PM   #142
MKC

mkc318403's Gamercard
Will be hitting up Legendary tonight with this can we confirm if it still works or not please?

MKC.
Old 04-26-2013, 05:13 PM   #143
bLaKgRaVy

bLaKgRaVy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Platinum   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Minty   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKC View Post
Will be hitting up Legendary tonight with this can we confirm if it still works or not please?

MKC.
As of 3/18 it still worked. I haven't tried it since then so I'm not sure, but if there haven't been any title updates (ones specifically to deal with issues and problems, not just an update to add on a map pack), there's no reason it won't still work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDarK VorteXX View Post
Unlucky jds78. This is a quick way of beating it on legendary but still the game is easier than Reach's solo legendary.
I just had a thought. Has anyone ever tried this method on any other Halo game, specifically Reach, since there are two separate achievements for solo and co-op? I did Legendary co-op and the Solo achievement is the last one I need to 100% the game. I'm curious to find out if this will work as well. I think I'll try it this weekend...
bLaKgRaVy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 08:46 AM   #144
stuhp

Bravokado's Gamercard
No such luck on this end. (EDIT: As far as LASO goes.)

Gave this a try for LASO a few moments ago on Reclaimer, Rally Point Bravo. Died several times and clicked "Restart Mission" a couple times, but never saved and quit. Also did without Blind, just to see (snort). Went from the Halo 4 menu afterwards to Waypoint, entered the code, and got locked.

Previously completed Legendary both solo and co-op, including prologue and epilogue.

Gonna try again with Blind on this time, now that I know the route.

EDIT: Still no dice, the code is still locked even with Blind. Also still died several times simply because I can't make that first glitchy jump, so unless I literally have to go from start to finish at Rally Point Bravo without dying or restarting the mission ONCE, then perhaps it's possible that the exploit was finally addressed?

I'm not random: you just have a hard time predicting my next move.

"It may be that the only fit teachers never teach but are artists, and artists of the kind most blankly masked and least didactic." ~ James Agee, Let Us Now Praise Famous Men

Last edited by stuhp; 04-30-2013 at 02:08 AM.
stuhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 05:19 PM   #145
MKC

mkc318403's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by bLaKgRaVy View Post
As of 3/18 it still worked. I haven't tried it since then so I'm not sure, but if there haven't been any title updates (ones specifically to deal with issues and problems, not just an update to add on a map pack), there's no reason it won't still work.

I just had a thought. Has anyone ever tried this method on any other Halo game, specifically Reach, since there are two separate achievements for solo and co-op? I did Legendary co-op and the Solo achievement is the last one I need to 100% the game. I'm curious to find out if this will work as well. I think I'll try it this weekend...
As of 29th April this seems to be working, I haven't completed the entire campaign yet but it all seems to ticking off as Legendary...

Will update when/if chevo unlocks!
- MKC
Old 04-29-2013, 08:48 PM   #146
Blind x360a

Send a message via AIM to Blind x360a

Blind Ragee's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Referrals - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Call of Duty 4 Tournament - Second Place   Word of Mouth   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
So I never got around to playing this besides the online and was gonna go back to clean it up..

I just can play on easy and beat it then load last checkpoint on legendary and it still works? Or did it get patched.
Old 04-29-2013, 09:03 PM   #147
bLaKgRaVy

bLaKgRaVy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Platinum   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Minty   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind x360a View Post
So I never got around to playing this besides the online and was gonna go back to clean it up..

I just can play on easy and beat it then load last checkpoint on legendary and it still works? Or did it get patched.
That's what we're trying to figure out, if this method still works. I've done the first six levels in co-op with this method and it's worked. Either people aren't playing the campaign or just don't want to chime in if they've done it recently and it still works.

I'll re-verify it tonight since it seems no one else wants to, except for MKC.

And to be clear, you have to play the last checkpoint of EVERY level (ALL 8) on Legendary to unlock the Legendary achievements, not just the last checkpoint of the last level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKC View Post
As of 29th April this seems to be working, I haven't completed the entire campaign yet but it all seems to ticking off as Legendary...

Will update when/if chevo unlocks!
- MKC
Hope it's still working. I'm going to be doing the last two missions in co-op tonight. Want to do them as painless as possible.

EDIT - It still works! Just completed Mission 7 and 8 on Easy in co-op, replayed the last Rally Points for both missions in co-op (Bravo for Mission 7 and Charlie for Mission 8), and at the end of Mission 8, I got 4 achievements for 170gs.

Achievements unlocked:
"Wake Up, John"
"I Need a Hero"
"The Legend of 117"
"Bromaggedon"

If it works in co-op, I would imagine it would work single player.

Last edited by bLaKgRaVy; 04-30-2013 at 03:39 AM.
bLaKgRaVy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 09:37 AM   #148
MKC

mkc318403's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by bLaKgRaVy View Post
That's what we're trying to figure out, if this method still works. I've done the first six levels in co-op with this method and it's worked. Either people aren't playing the campaign or just don't want to chime in if they've done it recently and it still works.

I'll re-verify it tonight since it seems no one else wants to, except for MKC.

And to be clear, you have to play the last checkpoint of EVERY level (ALL 8) on Legendary to unlock the Legendary achievements, not just the last checkpoint of the last level.

Hope it's still working. I'm going to be doing the last two missions in co-op tonight. Want to do them as painless as possible.

EDIT - It still works! Just completed Mission 7 and 8 on Easy in co-op, replayed the last Rally Points for both missions in co-op (Bravo for Mission 7 and Charlie for Mission 8), and at the end of Mission 8, I got 4 achievements for 170gs.

Achievements unlocked:
"Wake Up, John"
"I Need a Hero"
"The Legend of 117"
"Bromaggedon"

If it works in co-op, I would imagine it would work single player.
Glad co-op worked, I shall complete Single and let you know

Edit: As of 4th May 2013 - this still works, Legendary single player done! Still not easy at the best of times I wont lie, but all done and dusted. Bring on Halo 5 :P

MKC

Last edited by MKC; 05-09-2013 at 12:51 PM.
MKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 03:56 AM   #149
Leeho

UnequaledNewt41's Gamercard
Campaign Legendary

It works on Solo and Co-op, Just finish it on easy and play the last Rally points with Legendary.
Leeho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 04:43 AM   #150
D0blB4r3lD4ryl

Send a message via MSN to D0blB4r3lD4ryl Send a message via Yahoo to D0blB4r3lD4ryl Send a message via Skype™ to D0blB4r3lD4ryl

D0blB4r3lD4aryl's Gamercard
dude that is seriously lame gaming. There is just no fun in lowering the difficulty and then boosting it up. A better hint is just to avoid fighting if you can. Many levels you can do this in. Sort of stealthy like.