PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-16-2012, 06:28 PM   #1
3sixty

All DLC on sale Tuesday 18th!

Every content collection for MW3 will be on sale on Tuesday as part of Microsoft's Christmas daily deals! Hopefully they'll all be 600MSP.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...arts-next-week

I for one shall be picking up collection 3... anyone want to do the achievements with me on Tuesday? [yes I know about the Trading Thread!]
3sixty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 04:54 AM   #2
StayonTarget
Goggles Anybody?

Send a message via Skype™ to StayonTarget

TheStayonTarget's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Platinum   Subscriber - Bronze
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
This games has some of the worst DLC of any game I have ever played. Mad Moxxi's Underdome was more fun.

In other words, don't get your hopes up.

Thanks to Rajeanero for the sig!
StayonTarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 05:26 AM   #3
iBuzz7S

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 2
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Thanks for the heads up. Might grab all add-ons for the achievements, pending on how many MS Points I have left after splurging over the last few days.
Old 12-18-2012, 11:12 AM   #4
Majica8

Send a message via MSN to Majica8

Th3 Majica's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by StayonTarget View Post
This games has some of the worst DLC of any game I have ever played. Mad Moxxi's Underdome was more fun.

In other words, don't get your hopes up.
O_o You're kidding, right?

Ok if you don't play the MP in this game then some of the DLC would be pointless, but if you do then most the DLC maps are pretty good.
And the Spec Ops missions are always fun, hours of fun on those with friends. And hey, even if you don't like MP you can use all the MP maps in Survival.

1000G/100%
MW2 - A's Creed - Pure - SC Conviction - CoD 4 - Lego Batman - Res Evil 5 - Trials - BFBC 2 - A's Creed 2 - Harm's Way - Crash Course - Alone in the Dark - Sniper GW - Kingdom for Keflings - World of Keflings - Deus Ex: HR - MW3 - Need for Speed: HP - Brink - Trials Evo - HAWX 2 - Mass Effect 3 - Op Flash DR - Minecraft - FEAR 3 - SSX - RSV2 - You're In The Movies - Halo Reach - Res Evil 6 - Dead Space 2 - Dead Space 3 - Dishonored - FarCry 3
Majica8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 01:55 PM   #5
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majica8 View Post
O_o You're kidding, right?

Ok if you don't play the MP in this game then some of the DLC would be pointless, but if you do then most the DLC maps are pretty good.
And the Spec Ops missions are always fun, hours of fun on those with friends. And hey, even if you don't like MP you can use all the MP maps in Survival.
I thought Survival mode was fun for a bit but got stale FAST.

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Burnout x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 03:36 PM   #6
Majica8

Send a message via MSN to Majica8

Th3 Majica's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnout View Post
I thought Survival mode was fun for a bit but got stale FAST.
Maybe so, but it's still a whole lot more fun than Moxxi's on BL.
Moxxi's just feels like a grind. Survival is more fun, and you can play again to try and beat your best score rather than just tying to get to the end.

1000G/100%
MW2 - A's Creed - Pure - SC Conviction - CoD 4 - Lego Batman - Res Evil 5 - Trials - BFBC 2 - A's Creed 2 - Harm's Way - Crash Course - Alone in the Dark - Sniper GW - Kingdom for Keflings - World of Keflings - Deus Ex: HR - MW3 - Need for Speed: HP - Brink - Trials Evo - HAWX 2 - Mass Effect 3 - Op Flash DR - Minecraft - FEAR 3 - SSX - RSV2 - You're In The Movies - Halo Reach - Res Evil 6 - Dead Space 2 - Dead Space 3 - Dishonored - FarCry 3
Majica8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 08:14 PM   #7
Destro

Destro WOD's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Hi, didn't want to make a thread for that(and get so many hate messages) but i was checking that deal and realize all the "collections" where 108 KB... so is that real that ALL freaking DLC in Warfare is Disc Locked content? I mean... GOW3 had one... RE5 had the VS mode, it happen sometimes that one piece of DLC is disc locked but here THE WHOLE FREAKING 4 PACKS? Talk about the worst rip off ever...

Gears of War Legend
Destro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 08:31 PM   #8
lord verh

lord verh's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destro View Post
Hi, didn't want to make a thread for that(and get so many hate messages) but i was checking that deal and realize all the "collections" where 108 KB... so is that real that ALL freaking DLC in Warfare is Disc Locked content? I mean... GOW3 had one... RE5 had the VS mode, it happen sometimes that one piece of DLC is disc locked but here THE WHOLE FREAKING 4 PACKS? Talk about the worst rip off ever...
I do believe the DLC is part of a multiplayer update, no way all DLC was included on disc from disc one. If that was the case why not release all of it day one?
lord verh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 10:00 PM   #9
Destro

Destro WOD's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lord verh View Post
I do believe the DLC is part of a multiplayer update, no way all DLC was included on disc from disc one. If that was the case why not release all of it day one?
Hum possible, as for not releasing them all together i dunno... but your idea make sense, but at the same time why making everybody do the update if we can't play on the maps anyway?

Gears of War Legend
Destro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 06:43 PM   #10
The Elite Elite

The Elite Elite's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destro View Post
No, no, no. The reason the collection DLCs are so small, is because you download the maps and special ops missions from the store in the game's multiplayer menu. The collections are just a code to tell the store that you are allowed to download those maps/missions. This is not a case of Gears of War 3's Horde Command Pack gone wild.

Thanks to Cpt Slaugh7er for the picture!

Last edited by The Elite Elite; 12-20-2012 at 11:26 PM.
The Elite Elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 05:36 AM   #11
StayonTarget
Goggles Anybody?

Send a message via Skype™ to StayonTarget

TheStayonTarget's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Platinum   Subscriber - Bronze
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
I'm 10/80 dude. I play MP. Of all the maps, only a few of them were playable. Most of them were big, brown, and had the same generic feel as each other. Spec Ops was fun but lacked innovation and ingenuity.

That being said, MW3 left a stale taste in my mouth in the end. Campaign was shit. Spec Ops was my favorite part of the game. So I'm not saying it as a hater. But Spec Ops was good to play one time and that was it. Nothing ever changed. Same with Survival. You can't run trains because of helicopters and juggernauts and you can only hold out till about round 30. So maybe the Underdome was an exaggeration, but we got robbed with the DLC. The maps were downright horrible with the worst spawns I've ever seen.
Example:
In the end, and I hope my previous statements made sense, I only enjoyed some of the Spec Ops DLC and two or so of the DLC. Excluding Terminal which was only put in because of Trickshotting IW Fanboys.

I am willing to discuss this. Not argue. This game is not worth starting another opinionated argument. Besides, this video can basically sum up my opinions pretty well.

Thanks to Rajeanero for the sig!
StayonTarget is offline   Reply With Quote