PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org

Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Adventure > Alan Wake's American Nightmare
Subscribe    Donate
Alan Wake's American Nightmare
Quick links
Latest news
Jun 18, 2013 Alan Wake's American Nightmare is Now 800 MSP
Feb 22, 2012 Alan Wake's American Nightmare Goes Live on XBLA
Feb 21, 2012 This Week and Next Week on Xbox Live
Feb 17, 2012 Alan Wake's American Nightmare Launch Trailer Rawks
Feb 16, 2012 Alan Wake's American Nightmare Dev Diary III Talks the Boogeyman

Old 07-03-2016, 02:56 PM   #1
slyjak

Gamertag: re32hana
Can I Buy this game for Xbox One without a CC?

Hi, I'm pretty much brand new to the Xbox, Xbox One is my first system and I have already achieved full gamerscore for Alan Wake (loved that game). I have bought credit on the Xbox store and for some reason I cannot buy AWAN as I want more Alan Wake. I've had identity theft happen to me in the past and will not post credit card info on the Xbox, and was wondering why I'm not allowed to spend Xbox currency on an Xbox game? Is there a workaround? Of some of the people I asked I was told that I have to get it through an Xbox 360 and it should be crossplay. That sounds really weird.

Is this true?

Note: I did call Microsoft and the 2 people I spoke to did not know why that was happening and said it should have accepted the points.
slyjak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 03:23 PM   #2
Floyd.
CT Max Clubs Director

Gamertag: Floyd XBA

Awards Showcase The Indomitable DerpleHoff Award!   Staff Club - Floyd.   Staff - Community Team - Maximum Clubs Director   Community Gaming - Bronze   The Helping Hand - Bronze   Subscriber - Bronze   XBA Representer   XBA Promoter   GSL 14 - Team MVP   Impossible Trinity - Bronze   Guide Writers Guild   Achievement Guide - Bronze
Total Awards: 18 (more» ...)
Yes, it should allow you to spend that currency.

Since you are posting here, you have access to an internet browser so go to xbox.com, search the game, and purchase it there. Then, go to the My Games & Apps section of your Xbox One, scroll to the right, and you will see the game available for download.
Floyd. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 06:10 PM   #3
Lewie B I ReQ

Gamertag: Lewie B I ReQ

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Apprentice
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floyd. View Post
Yes, it should allow you to spend that currency.

Since you are posting here, you have access to an internet browser so go to xbox.com, search the game, and purchase it there. Then, go to the My Games & Apps section of your Xbox One, scroll to the right, and you will see the game available for download.
i know you cant buy xbox 360 games on xbox one without a debit/credit card. at least not yet.

i tried to buy south park stick of truth while it was on sale but i couldnt use my microsoft account money. pay by card was the only option. kinda sucks and i hope they let you use microsoft account money at somepoint.

credit and thanks to Slaughter for the avatar and sig. check him out if your looking for a signature
Lewie B I ReQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 11:18 PM   #4
slyjak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewie B I ReQ View Post
i know you cant buy xbox 360 games on xbox one without a debit/credit card. at least not yet.

i tried to buy south park stick of truth while it was on sale but i couldnt use my microsoft account money. pay by card was the only option. kinda sucks and i hope they let you use microsoft account money at somepoint.
Will this be fixed in the future? It makes no sense to me. Also, I tried the xbox website mentioned by Floyd and it also only accepted CC's.

I just found this issue online at the Xbox feedback website and thousands appear to be complaining about not being able to spend their currency on BC games. Didn't know this and completely surprised Xbox support did not know about this.

Really hope this does get fixed because they're losing a lot of sales by cutting off customers who don't use credit/debit.
Old 07-04-2016, 11:59 PM   #5
Floyd.
CT Max Clubs Director

Gamertag: Floyd XBA

Awards Showcase The Indomitable DerpleHoff Award!   Staff Club - Floyd.   Staff - Community Team - Maximum Clubs Director   Community Gaming - Bronze   The Helping Hand - Bronze   Subscriber - Bronze   XBA Representer   XBA Promoter   GSL 14 - Team MVP   Impossible Trinity - Bronze   Guide Writers Guild   Achievement Guide - Bronze
Total Awards: 18 (more» ...)
Oh, sorry man, I was wrong. My bad.
Floyd. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 02:46 AM   #6
slyjak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floyd. View Post
Oh, sorry man, I was wrong. My bad.
No worries, it's all new to me, as I've never owned any Xbox before and I love horror games so Alan Wake was a must for me seeing as they canceled Silent Hills which is part of my favorite horror series. I wish I had known before spending money on Xbox currency as the only way it seems you can find out is going through the transaction itself and finding it out the hard way.

It wouldn't be hard for them to allow Xbox currency would it?
Old 08-02-2016, 09:20 AM   #7
The Dukenator

Gamertag: The Dukenator
Quote:

Actually you can, if you buy them on the 360 console. A CC just verifies payment. I would suggest contacting xbox support to be sure.

I know this thread is from last month, but who cares?

The Dukenator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 01:08 PM   #8
Lewie B I ReQ

Gamertag: Lewie B I ReQ

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Apprentice
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dukenator View Post
Actually you can, if you buy them on the 360 console. A CC just verifies payment. I would suggest contacting xbox support to be sure.

I know this thread is from last month, but who cares?
Oh my bad I didnt realise this was the 360 forum. I just assumed he was trying from xb1 or the website

credit and thanks to Slaughter for the avatar and sig. check him out if your looking for a signature
Lewie B I ReQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 05:23 PM   #9
slyjak

Quote:
Oh my bad I didnt realise this was the 360 forum. I just assumed he was trying from xb1 or the website
Ahhh maybe I am posting this in the wrong location, but yeah I am referring to Xbox One or the website. I don't own a 360 and don't see why I need to go through another console to buy it.

Anyhow, there is another "workaround" which I finally ended up doing today. You can buy a Visa gift card and do it that way without putting in your personal info. Really hope they fix payment options for Xbox One. Just bought the game with it.

Anyways, thanks for all the responses, hope this thread helps people who are uncomfortable with putting personal information online.