Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Discussion Boards > Games
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-17-2012, 06:56 PM   #1
Slayer12321

Slayer12321's Gamercard
Favorite Thing About Fallout

What's your favorite quest, story, item, game, achievement, or anything about any game in the Fallout franchise?

My favorite thing is VATS!
Slayer12321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 07:45 PM   #2
Deadsea 18

Deadsea 1993's Gamercard
Everything > I win lol.

But honestly I really like everything about Fallout 3 and tid bits from New Vegas. Combat,gunplay,exploring historical ruins,the NPCS are memorble. The Quests I loved in 3 they were ok in NV.

Sorry I love 3 but New Vegas I bought day 1 and it was kind of a letdown. I liked how there was actual aiming now,but thats it.

Check out my alternative rock music. If you like it spread the word it would really help me out.

https://soundcloud.com/soundwasteland
Deadsea 18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 09:14 PM   #3
Gackt
Banned User

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Gackt   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   SOTF Winner   GSL 8 Winners   The Helping Hand   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   Artist of the Month
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
I don't like a single thing Bethesda did to this fantastic series. All awful changes.
Gackt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 09:20 PM   #4
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gackt View Post
I don't like a single thing Bethesda did to this fantastic series. All awful changes.
Was wondering when you'd post in here.

OT: Fallout 1 is brilliant and well worth checking out. http://www.gog.com/gamecard/fallout

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Burnout x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 09:26 PM   #5
Gackt
Banned User

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Gackt   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   SOTF Winner   GSL 8 Winners   The Helping Hand   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   Artist of the Month
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnout View Post
Was wondering when you'd post in here.

OT: Fallout 1 is brilliant and well worth checking out. http://www.gog.com/gamecard/fallout

Fallout 1&2 are both fantastic and I recommend them to anyone who wants to play a great tactical turn based rpg.
Old 12-17-2012, 09:38 PM   #6
incinerator950
Banned User

incinerator950's Gamercard
I have no appreciation for Gurps in this day in age. I like the Power Armor though, throughout the series, even the Tactics designs are nice.

Although I'll never understand, nor care to, why the elitist players sperg out over anything FO3 improved or the problems in Tactics (Interplays fault for rushing and oversight). Personally I hope they actively do something original in the new one besides rehash the same crap from 2/Van Buren, or Skyrim with guns.
incinerator950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 09:42 PM   #7
Barad
Reading 50 Shades of Grey

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891   Micro Guide - Silver   Road Map - Platinum   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Gold   15,000 Posts
Total Awards: 18 (more» ...)
I've only played Fallout 3, and I didn't like it at all.

**Work of Jardinho**
Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 09:45 PM   #8
incinerator950
Banned User

incinerator950's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by B A R 4 D View Post
This is kind of funny, I started at FONV and started going backwards.
incinerator950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 09:51 PM   #9
Spade.
Speedrunning

Send a message via Skype™ to Spade.

jacob xba's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Community Gaming - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Minty   Subscriber - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Ambassador 1x1 Competition - Second Place   Submit - Silver   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 13 (more» ...)
I played Fallout 3, and it felt like a grind-fest. Only Bethesda game I'v ever liked was Oblivion.
Old 12-17-2012, 09:55 PM   #10
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts
This is what would have been Fallout 3 before the dev team got laid off.

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Burnout x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 10:22 PM   #11
combustible lemon

unsnaggedfive3's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by B A R 4 D View Post
You should give NV a go some time. Apart from the horrible engine, VATS and the user interface, they are very different games.
3 is about ultimately meaningless, random, combat heavy dungeon crawling/exploration in a theme park style wasteland comprising primarily of copy and paste subways whilst NV is more focused on great dialogue and a narrative laden with choice and consequence in a way that lets you really have an impact on the world and people around you.
It's also a better RPG than 3 was and you can play it much more your way (combat, stealth, speech skills etc) whilst in 3 you basically had to shoot up everything in sight.
combustible lemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 11:24 PM   #12
sicklyplague

SicklyPlague's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Community Gaming - Bronze   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts
The locations, some of the dialogue, and the sense of exploration are probably my favorite things about fallout.

Thanks to MabusScarab for the Sig!
sicklyplague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 11:41 PM   #13
WalterWhite

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I just started a club for people who loved Fallout 3 and New Vegas and don't live in a world where they feel the need to side with one or the other every time one of them get mentioned. If this applies to you consider yourself a member! They're both really wonderful, terribly buggy games.

On topic, favorite thing about Fallout for me is the retro-future setting. I love it, also what I love about that game that took place in the city under the water with the little girls. I forget what it's called.
Old 12-17-2012, 11:42 PM   #14
Corrupt.
Super Big Time Fun

Corrupt XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase GRID 2 Award   Staff - Guide Team   You ARE the Controller Challenge Club - Tier 1   Scratch the SURFACE Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   Arcade Crazy - Gold   Community Gaming - Gold   Family Corner Challenge Club - Tier 2   Family Corner Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer
Total Awards: 34 (more» ...)
The fact that I got all the achievements for the pc version of fallout 3 in like 5 minutes

Quote:
Originally Posted by StayonTarget View Post
I'm 50 shades of retarded
Corrupt. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 12:03 AM   #15
Slayer12321

Slayer12321's Gamercard
Honestly I loved Fallout 3 because of the rich story and wonderful (yet VERY glitchy) gameplay, and I loved NV for the mods and weapons and DLC (which honestly was better than the actual story). I'm extremely ready to play one and two because I love turn based games, but I have a Mac.. When I get a PC, those will be the first two games I get on Steam.
Slayer12321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 12:15 AM   #16
Akir388

Akir388's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I've been playing Fallout 3 and have fully enjoyed the experience so far.

I am a Bethesda fan though (shush, Gackt ), so I suppose that is to be expected. It does get a little boring after playing for a few days straight. For me it isn't the constant exploring or storyline that gets old, but rather the general one toned scenery.

Some of my favorite things about Fallout 3: Storyline, characters, voice acting (Liam Neeson!), VATS, Kill cams, Super Mutants, Dogmeat, Chinese Assault Rifle, A3-21 Plasma Rifle, Sniper Rifle, Combat Shotgun.

Sig made by Gackt
Akir388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 03:02 AM   #17
FatalDeathSG45

BloodScourge88's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
My favorite thing about Fallout? Watching enemies explode into blood and guts with a shotgun

Misete agemasho... Karnoffel no shinsui wo!
(Let me show you... the true essence of Karnoffel!)
FatalDeathSG45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 03:05 AM   #18
GreenBlitz

Blitzgreen's Gamercard
my favorite is trying to display my weapons on the bookcase and metal table in the tenpenny tower suite
GreenBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 03:14 AM   #19
Vigor

vigor mortivore's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterWhite View Post
On topic, favorite thing about Fallout for me is the retro-future setting. I love it, also what I love about that game that took place in the city under the water with the little girls. I forget what it's called.
Vigor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 03:50 AM   #20
ReaptheChaos

ReaptheChaos's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayer12321 View Post
What's your favorite quest, story, item, game, achievement, or anything about any game in the Fallout franchise?

My favorite thing is VATS!
VATS is ok, but it gets on your nerves after a while. I just replayed Fallout 3 and by the time I was done I was dreading having to kill anything. After 150+ hours of playing watching every single enemy die in slow motion gets down right irritating. At least New Vegas added true iron sights so you could use that on weaker enemies and save VATS for the tougher ones.

If its true that what you donít know cant hurt you, then you must be practically invincible!
ReaptheChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 04:03 AM   #21
Gackt
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akir388 View Post
I've been playing Fallout 3 and have fully enjoyed the experience so far.

I am a Bethesda fan though (shush, Gackt ),
Old 12-18-2012, 04:14 AM   #22
THE DEADLY DOG
StudentTeaching/Back soon

Send a message via AIM to THE DEADLY DOG Send a message via MSN to THE DEADLY DOG Send a message via Skype™ to THE DEADLY DOG

THE DEADLY DOG's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Staff - Clubs Director   Micro Guide - Gold   Submit - Emerald   Subscriber - Bronze   Staff Club - * Clueless *   2,500 Posts   Staff Club - THE DEADLY DOG   XBA Promoter   Staff - Guide Team
Total Awards: 13 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnout View Post
This is what would have been Fallout 3 before the dev team got laid off.

Black Isle's Van Buren - YouTube
I can't tell if I like it or not. I think I do.

bplayak at his.. finest?
THE DEADLY DOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 04:19 AM   #23
WalterWhite

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE DEADLY DOG View Post
I can't tell if I like it or not. I think I do.
It would be nice if they just made both versions of the games. They would probably sell more of the older style ones now than they did before because of Fallout 3/NV being popular. I don't even play PC games but I can't tell you how many times I have almost bought the two pack of Fallout 1 and 2 because it was ten bucks.
Old 12-18-2012, 04:22 AM   #24
ReaptheChaos

ReaptheChaos's Gamercard
I know you asked about your favorite things, but seeing as I loved FO3 and NV that list would be pretty long, however aside from VATS there are a couple of things I’d like to see changed in any future Fallout games.

The thing that bothers me the most about FO3 and NV is that energy weapons are under powered. In both games regular guns are the most powerful weapons to use, assuming of course you use the appropriate ammo and have the right perks.

The way I see it, energy weapons should be the most powerful in the game by a long shot. Why would they have been invented if they’re less powerful than what was already available? The reason people invent new technology is to upgrade from what already exists.

The trade off should be that you cant loot anything from a pile of ash, which always seemed stupid to me anyway.

Another thing that bothers me is weapons repair. They need to scrap the whole notion of cannibalizing one weapon to fix another. How the hell can you take apart a baseball bat to fix another one anyway?

Things like guns should use cleaning and oiling kits, which is basically how they work in the real world anyway. They wouldn’t do less damage as they got dirtier, they would just randomly jam after a certain point.

Bladed weapons would just need to be resharpened with a wet stone, and melee weapons would randomly break. Something like a pool cue would have like a 1 in 4 chance of breaking every time you swung it where a tire iron would have much higher odds. Power fists would be the same as guns, it makes sense that you would have to clean the blood/guts out of them and oil the moving parts now and then anyway.

Finally I’d like the ability to turn off (take them completely out of the game) guns/energy weapons completely so you can play as a melee/unarmed character. It just seems stupid to run up to a group of enemy firing machine guns at you so you can hit them with a melee weapon or a power fist.

If its true that what you donít know cant hurt you, then you must be practically invincible!
ReaptheChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 05:04 AM   #25
Cann0nSen5ei

Cann0nSen5ei's Gamercard
^^ this guy thinks way too realistically.

i like the different ammo types in NV that they brought back from the first two Fallouts (even though Bethesda said it was new >.>)
i also like some of the classic weapons in the GRA DLC in New Vegas, like Bozar
Old 12-18-2012, 05:12 AM   #26
Gackt
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterWhite View Post
It would be nice if they just made both versions of the games. They would probably sell more of the older style ones now than they did before because of Fallout 3/NV being popular. I don't even play PC games but I can't tell you how many times I have almost bought the two pack of Fallout 1 and 2 because it was ten bucks.
Buy it. You won't regret it.
Old 12-18-2012, 05:17 AM   #27
Shiftie

Awards Showcase Road Map - Diamond   Green Thumb - Bronze   Micro Guide - Platinum   Submit - Silver   Achievement Guide - Emerald   1,000 Posts   Staff Club - Shiftie   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Buy it. You won't regret it.
I've played about 10 minutes of Fallout 1
Old 12-18-2012, 06:10 AM   #28
Akir388

Akir388's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
Quote:

Sig made by Gackt
Akir388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 06:56 AM   #29
Exdeath

oI TEARS Io's Gamercard
Massive Mutants lol....Hey how do you get all the achievements for the pc version? Does that include the dlc as well?
Exdeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 07:40 AM   #30
Fire Hawk D

Send a message via AIM to Fire Hawk D Send a message via Yahoo to Fire Hawk D

Fire Hawk D's Gamercard

Quote:

Fallout 1&2 are both fantastic and I recommend them to anyone who wants to play a great tactical turn based rpg.
You mean "the best". =3

Anyway, my favorite parts of the newer series is the archeological aspects. Going into a burnt out building, seeing the destruction and mayhem, and reading people's final thoughts are great.