PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Discussion Boards > Games
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-18-2012, 07:41 AM   #31
Exdeath

oI TEARS Io's Gamercard
hey to get the full pc version I know you need to do a command, but Im curious can you do it by buying the steam version? or do u need to buy the windows one. Also do you need to buy the dlc or can u do it with just the regular copy?
Exdeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 07:49 AM   #32
Fire Hawk D

Fire Hawk GYJS's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Gold   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Silver   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exdeath View Post
hey to get the full pc version I know you need to do a command, but Im curious can you do it by buying the steam version? or do u need to buy the windows one. Also do you need to buy the dlc or can u do it with just the regular copy?
That first part is a bit silly. Of course you need to buy the Windows version to unlock LIVE achievements. Just seems obvious. As for the DLC, no, you can console-command the DLC achievements without owning them.
Fire Hawk D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 07:56 AM   #33
Exdeath

oI TEARS Io's Gamercard
lol sorry I miss typed. I was just curious cause I know you can get it on steam. Also I have windows 7, will it still operate on it just fine?
Exdeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 01:27 PM   #34
THE DEADLY DOG
Maximum Clubs Guide Dog

Send a message via AIM to THE DEADLY DOG Send a message via MSN to THE DEADLY DOG Send a message via Skype™ to THE DEADLY DOG

THE DEADLY DOG's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   Community Gaming - Bronze   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Staff - Maximum Clubs Director   Micro Guide - Gold   Subscriber - Bronze   Staff Club - * Clueless *   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Ahh the topic of steam comes back up. Sheesh I need to upgrade and get a lappy that can support PC gaming well.

You have to get on the train in the beginning when things are still changing and everything is rough, unpolished, and incomplete in order to enjoy the bliss found at your stop.
THE DEADLY DOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 12:46 AM   #35
maxxmisery

maxxmisery's Gamercard
That moment on FO3 when you first walk out of the vault, and it takes a few seconds for your eyes to adjust to the outside light. I love that part.

Also, when you nuke Megaton. Brilliant! :P
Old 12-20-2012, 12:50 AM   #36
Barad
Nice One Bungie

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by combustible lemon View Post
You should give NV a go some time. Apart from the horrible engine, VATS and the user interface, they are very different games.
3 is about ultimately meaningless, random, combat heavy dungeon crawling/exploration in a theme park style wasteland comprising primarily of copy and paste subways whilst NV is more focused on great dialogue and a narrative laden with choice and consequence in a way that lets you really have an impact on the world and people around you.
It's also a better RPG than 3 was and you can play it much more your way (combat, stealth, speech skills etc) whilst in 3 you basically had to shoot up everything in sight.
I will probably give New Vegas a try some day. I was scared that the game will be too similar to Fallout 3 and that's why I still haven't played it. I don't plan on trying F1 or 2 though.
Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 02:47 AM   #37
DecadentBeaver

DecadentBeaver's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I loved nuking Megaton, always a great view from Tenpenny Tower. Then the shockwaves hits haha.

The Fat Man was a lot of fun in F3, but not so much in NV as ammo was severly limited. I like big explosions.

The T51-b power armour from the operation Anchorage dlc, as it never deteriorated, plus completing that dlc has always unlocked the Gotta Shoot em In the Head achievement for me on Different accounts over the years including my PS3.

The Old World Blues dlc. Brilliant, and very well written, great humour and well, it was just perfect for me. Just pipped Point Lookout for my favourite Fallout dlc.

Fawkes. What else need I say. The mutant was bat shit crazy wielding his gatling laser and screaming like a loony whilst chasing radscorpions across the Wastes.

Lastly, the Combat Shotgun from F3. That and the bloody mess perk made killing everything very red.

Looking for people to join me in an epic Minecraft build once again. Its in creative, so if you are interested, message me for details.
DecadentBeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 02:50 AM   #38
Iceskater101

iceskater101's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I remember playing Fallout New Vegas but never finishing it, I mean I just liked the random side quests that you could do.

credits to DEG23
Iceskater101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 03:03 AM   #39
Cann0nSen5ei

Cann0nSen5ei's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DecadentBeaver View Post
Fawkes. What else need I say. The mutant was bat shit crazy wielding his gatling laser and screaming like a loony whilst chasing radscorpions across the Wastes.
He is my favorite follower in F3, and he is practically unkillable
unless he falls off a highway... or if you spam ALL the wasteland's mini-nukes at him with the Experimental MIRV
Old 12-20-2012, 07:49 AM   #40
Deadsea 18

Deadsea 1993's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Surprised at all of the hate of Fallout 3 this thread is getting. It's my favorite game this GEN. I'm not picking sides are anything I had my hopes for New Vegas way too high and was sorta disapointed,I felt it was not worth more then 30$ because it felt like a giant DLC to Fallout 3. This is just my opnion. I still played the hell out of it and am going to pick up NV a second time in a few days this time for 360, (used to have it on PS3) to get back into the game and achivement hunt it. I was on it everyday on the PS3 so can't wait.

Thanks goes to Captain Slaughter for the signature.
Deadsea 18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 07:52 AM   #41
DOOKH8R

DOOKH8R's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Over Achiever - Bronze   Staff Club - Minty   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 4   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Dogmeat....
Old 12-20-2012, 10:19 AM   #42
Blinkus

BlinkusMaximus's Gamercard
Best part? Galaxy News Radio!

Great sound track

All in all, I liked Fallout 3 quite a bit. I thought the atmosphere was really compelling. I went back after a long time to churn out the Mothership Zeta achievements that I never did but it felt kind of stale. I think the trouble is that it's such a big game content wise, it's hard to keep things fresh.

I really enjoyed it when I was playing it a lot and felt like I was progressing in the story and my character was growing, and I certainly got my money's worth out of it, but I couldn't ever imagine going back for another play-through.

That might just be me and RPG's though. I think the most compelling part of RPGs for me is the atmosphere and really being drawn into that universe. So if I'm not consistently putting a lot of time into it at one time and investing myself in it, it just feels like a waste. I mean, if you're just going from point A to point B for the sake of getting there, why bother? You have to care about what's happening to really enjoy it.

Last edited by Blinkus; 12-20-2012 at 10:23 AM.
Blinkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 05:39 PM   #43
Starkweather

starkweatherxc's Gamercard
Meeting characters, traveling the wasteland, murdering, decapitating, collecting guns, doing all the quests, walking alone or with a cool follower.

Just generally immersing myself in the world like in all Bethesda games, nothing quite like them.
Old 12-20-2012, 06:04 PM   #44
Gackt
Banned User

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Gackt   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   SOTF Winner   GSL 8 Winners   The Helping Hand   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   Artist of the Month
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starkweather View Post

Just generally immersing myself in the world like in all Bethesda games, nothing quite like them.
Look harder. lol
Hard to immerse yourself in a game universe where a game breaking glitch is lingering around lots of corners.
Gackt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 06:11 PM   #45
Starkweather

starkweatherxc's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gackt View Post
Look harder. lol
Hard to immerse yourself in a game universe where a game breaking glitch is lingering around lots of corners.
Your hate is still persistent and covering a wide number of threads, glad to hear there are no glitches on that front.
Old 12-20-2012, 08:21 PM   #46
Akir388

Akir388's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
I seriously have not encountered one glitch with Fallout 3.

Sig made by Gackt
Akir388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 09:05 PM   #47
Mandalorian831

Mandalorian831's Gamercard
I was never a big fan of Fallout 3 and because of that have not played New Vegas. I would rather play 1 or 2 some day since I hear they are a lot better.
Old 12-20-2012, 09:16 PM   #48
Samigi

HD Monkeys's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandalorian831 View Post
I was never a big fan of Fallout 3 and because of that have not played New Vegas. I would rather play 1 or 2 some day since I hear they are a lot better.
Where did you hear that?
Old 12-20-2012, 09:32 PM   #49
THE DEADLY DOG
Maximum Clubs Guide Dog

Send a message via AIM to THE DEADLY DOG Send a message via MSN to THE DEADLY DOG Send a message via Skype™ to THE DEADLY DOG

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   Community Gaming - Bronze   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Staff - Maximum Clubs Director   Micro Guide - Gold   Subscriber - Bronze   Staff Club - * Clueless *   2,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samigi View Post
Where did you hear that?
Probably Gackt.

My favorite aspect of Fallout is post-apocalyptic strippers and hookers. The world's oldest profession stays strong through the end.

You have to get on the train in the beginning when things are still changing and everything is rough, unpolished, and incomplete in order to enjoy the bliss found at your stop.
Old 12-20-2012, 10:06 PM   #50
Joey The Dawg

Joey The Dawg's Gamercard
My favorite things in Fallout are all the discoveries that one might come across during travel. I also like the dark themes the games have that deal with slavery, prostitution, children and the overall worth of human life. The soundtracks in the Fallout games that I played have been really good too.
Joey The Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 10:10 PM   #51
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts
I played and got up to level 8 in Fallout 3 and then my save got corrupted and I left it.

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Burnout x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 12:20 AM   #52
Death Metal Jim

Death Metal Jim's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - bplayak   Staff Club - Kairi   Staff Club - Yunder   1,000 Posts
Favorite thing about Fallout? The Master. One of the greatest video game villians of all time. Hell, some might not even consider him a villian, just a leader with a flawed plan.

As for the newer Fallouts, they were also highly enjoyable for me, but yes they were filled with glitches and bugs, and always constantly fucking freezing, especially New Vegas! But I still loved them anyway, even though they're completely different from the original.
Death Metal Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 01:40 AM   #53
Deadsea 18

Deadsea 1993's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
3hree Dogg from Galaxy News Radio was awesome,never got tired of his over hyped up talk (Probably from hitting Jet and Phycho too much,lol) the music also was amazing always had the radio on.

In New Vegas I really Liked Mr. New Vegas,but not as much as 3hree Dogg. But the music was even better then the first singing along with songs like ''Johnny Boy''

Always had the radio on singing to 50's era music while blowing stuff up never gets old you feel like a badass.

Thanks goes to Captain Slaughter for the signature.
Deadsea 18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 02:35 AM   #54
THE DEADLY DOG
Maximum Clubs Guide Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadsea 18 View Post
3hree Dogg from Galaxy News Radio was awesome,never got tired of his over hyped up talk (Probably from hitting Jet and Phycho too much,lol) the music also was amazing always had the radio on.

In New Vegas I really Liked Mr. New Vegas,but not as much as 3hree Dogg. But the music was even better then the first singing along with songs like ''Johnny Boy''

Always had the radio on singing to 50's era music while blowing stuff up never gets old you feel like a badass.
I loved the radio stations and them music they played. Big time nerd rage there. =D

Old 12-22-2012, 01:54 PM   #55
ChickinOnaChain

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by B A R 4 D View Post
I've only played Fallout 3, and I didn't like it at all.
Me too. Well, I did rent FO:NV which was more of the same and didn't like it either.

ChickinOnaChain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 08:38 PM   #56
ICT Venom

ict venom's Gamercard
I love both FO3 and FONV, I still play them both fairly often. I would say that I liked how factions were in New Vegas in that if, for example, you side with the NCR, you become an enemy to the Legion and they will send squads out to attack you. I also found the perk "And Stay Back" the most ridiculous thing in either game. It allows shotguns to knock down any enemy (even Deathclaws lol). When used with the riot shotgun, you just destroyed anything and everything in your way, and they had no way of defending themselves.
ICT Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 10:40 PM   #57
McGoogles

Ratify's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Silver   Staff Club - DEG23   XBA Promoter   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
I've just recently started playing this game again and I'm having a great time, even though there are no achievements left to acquire. Now that I'm on my 6th playthrough of this game I was considering doing an extremely hardcore playthrough, where V.A.T.S., fast travel, reparing weapons and armor, Stimpaks, and stealing/purchasing items are not allowed.

Anyways, here's a list of things that I absolutely love about this game:
  • The 'Tranquility Lane' quest where you assume the position of a little kid and you are tasked with killing everybody in the neighborhood.
  • Galaxy News Radio Station; it gives you this retro-future feeling (similar to BioShock) when listening to all of the amazing classic songs on this station during your adventure.
  • All of the powerful uniquely-named weapons, such as the Experimental MIRV that fires 8 mini-nukes at once.
  • Andale, the place where you encounter a seemingly-nice and caring family and accidentally discover their shed full of human corpses and strange meat.
  • The amount of freedom this game offers. You can go around and kill just about everything you desire without any consequences or bounty (except for that the whole town wants to kill you). You can also kill pretty much everyone, unlike Skyrim where unimportant NPC's just kneel on the ground after damaging them immensely.
  • Liberty Prime. The epitome of freedom.
Latest arcade completion: Motocross Madness

McGoogles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 06:19 PM   #58
biggtone23

biggtone23's Gamercard
One of my favorite things was playing the independent playthrough in New Vegas. Too many other games have you play through as the hero and do all these things just to keep or put someone else in power. Screw that I was happy to finally take things over for myself.
biggtone23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 06:30 PM   #59
Samigi

HD Monkeys's Gamercard
I loved visiting the casinos in New Vegas and then murdering everybody inside for my amusement. Then what I'd do is reload the save and murder everyone again. I like murdering.
Old 12-24-2012, 03:00 AM   #60
xjarhead1999

xjarhead1999's Gamercard
I loved fallout 3 and NV on the ps3. Really looking forward to playing them again on the 360.

I didnt care for the other fallout games. Wasnt sure I would like fallout 3 but gave it a try and fell in love with it. Dont know what it is that appeals to me about them but I love em.
xjarhead1999 is offline   Reply With Quote