PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Puzzle and Word > Pid
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-02-2012, 11:34 PM   #1
BanditBanks

BanditBanks's Gamercard
Souvenir Guide

Tips

Wall Climb - If you hug a vertical wall and jump just before using another beam, you will slowly ascend the wall. Very useful for getting around enemies or reaching secret areas.

Super Blast - Jump JUST before throwing a Blast Beam directly below you and it will launch you further in the air than it normally should. Useful for conserving Blasts and for skipping climbing sections.

Souvenirs

1. Bus Ticket - Reception - Very hard to miss.

2. Dinner Menu - Dining Room -

3. Pillow - Dormitory - Immediately after giving the limbless woman back her limbs.

4. Children's Book - Top of Library - After going through a majority of the Library you will see a spring underneath a closed door. There will be a light box in a hidden room next to the camera and the blue robot. It's best to blow both of these up so you can get a clear run. Shine light on the box and run to the spring, it will slide you up a slanted wall, hold left and toss a light beam at the tip of the jump, you should hopefully hit the light box in the sky. You should land on a platform where you can pull one of those timed pulleys. This activates a quick precision jumping course that you need to run through. The Book is at the end of this little course.

5. Miniature Planet - City Streets - Where you first have to use the Burst Beam to jump up the side of a house. Use it again on the roof there to get up to a tiny slanted platform. Use the Burst Beam on the slanted side to blast your way over to a tiny Super Meat Boy-esque gauntlet of spikes with the souvenir in the middle of it all.

6. Umbrella - The one rainy section shortly after the Balloon boss - Walk until you are standing in between a house and a long pipe which are both in the foreground. Use a 'Super Blast' to get up to an invisible platform. From there you can use your normal Beam to reach the Umbrella.

7. Crayon Box - First Labyrinth section - I have no idea how to describe the pathing. I went up and to the right before I could double back on myself going down and left. As long as you know where it is, you can have a rough image in your head. A video would be excellent for this one.

8. Stone Statue - Catacombs - Shortly after escaping from the hungry robot boss, you will see a section of blue bricks lining the walls and dotted around the walls are tiny slanted surfaces. You need to expertly time the Burst Beam so it will blast you up the walls, there will be a little area you can stand in with a Blast Beam+ item there. Two more blasts and a quick Normal Beam placement will take you over to the left where there are spikes everywhere, if you have some extra hits it might be worth it just to tank the spikes and jump over to the souvenir. Good luck with this one, the Blast Beam hit detection is horribly broken in this game.

9.Silver Teeth - The Stage - After a few short screens you avoiding spotlights you will come to a scene that is set in the air with clouds and planes flying in the background. When you get to the end of this section, you can 'wall climb' all the way up to the right to find a little corridor with the souvenir. When you pick them up the whole corridor fills with robots so make sure you have some armour or a load of Smoke Bombs to get back out.

10. Meteor - Outer Space - As soon as you enter the orange windy area you will see a tiny blue meteor flying to the left above you. This is the souvenir, to get it you must rush through this section as fast as you can. If you are quick enough it should fly into you just before you reach the big blue barrier. If you miss it, just restart from previous checkpoint and don't cross the blue barrier.

11. Whistle - Moon Base - Just after passing through a long corridor with 2 missile turrets, 2 red robots and many moving laser-bots, you will get to an area with more spikes and those darkened patches that dont allow you to use the Beam. There is a crawl space to the right of a set of spikes as seen here: http://postimage.org/image/hhezzkyvx/ Once inside make sure you have plenty bombs as there is a lot of walls you need to break open.

12. Fleeing Rat - Escaping Wormhole - When running away from the wormhole, you will eventually see it at the top of the screen. You run underneath it and climb up some platforms, to get it you must be quickly jump over to it and get back to climbing the platforms.

The achievement should pop just as you land on the floating couch after escaping the wormhole.

Crayon Box and Whistle credit: sepulturas666
Meteor credit: FearOfTomorrow
Video Credits: http://www.youtube.com/user/cirby88TNG

Last edited by BanditBanks; 11-09-2012 at 04:39 PM.
BanditBanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 11:53 PM   #2
sepulturas666

Guide looking good so far.

Number 7, Crayon Box is in the Maze, the big Labyrinth area, where you can collect tons of stars. It's hidden in the wall with few more items. Can't explain the exact place tho. It's hard to miss if you collect most of the stars there.
sepulturas666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 12:01 AM   #3
BanditBanks

BanditBanks's Gamercard
Excellent thanks, I knew I must of missed something in that cheap way of extending play time. Is it in the first maze area? Or the place where you bring the light ball with you?

Did you manage to find the Umbrella?

Edit: Ohh I think I may have found the Umbrella, I'm at the one rainy screen, there's an invisible platform near the top of one of the houses in the foreground. Using the Blast I got up to another smaller invisible platform, but I'm not sure what to do from there.

Edit: Got it! Not sure how to 'properly' do it, but if you stand in between the pipe and the house in the foreground. If you jump the split second before using a Blast you will go a bit higher, you will see a small invisible 'J' block. Use a regular Beam from there to get the Umbrella!

Last edited by BanditBanks; 11-04-2012 at 12:17 AM.
Old 11-04-2012, 12:11 AM   #4
sepulturas666

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanditBanks View Post
Excellent thanks, I knew I must of missed something in that cheap way of extending play time. Is it in the first maze area? Or the place where you bring the light ball with you?

Did you manage to find the Umbrella?
First area (you see one dude with saxophone at the end), there are no enemies, so it's not problem to find it when you collect these stars.

I'm not starting collectible run yet. Ended previous game with just two souvenirs and two that i have collected, but after that died and they didn't count.
Old 11-04-2012, 12:29 AM   #5
BanditBanks

BanditBanks's Gamercard
Alright I'm almost at that section so I'll have a good hard look.

Hah yeah it is extremely annoying to get a tricky souvenir/secret and then die stupidly, forcing you to redo it again.
That happened too many times when I was going for the Mini Planet souvenir. the checkpoints in this game are very finicky.

Edit: I'm in the maze and I'm pretty sure I've collected every star, what direction did you jump into the secret area? I've been round the maze hugging every single wall and I'm not finding anything.

Last edited by BanditBanks; 11-04-2012 at 01:53 AM.
Old 11-07-2012, 01:07 AM   #6
teamfocus

Gatremag yka3ns's Gamercard
In the maze the wall opens up on the right hand side.

I went up and right, then down from the top right corner, then left and jumped into the secret wall with the packet of crayons inside.
teamfocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 09:59 PM   #7
FearOfTomorrow

FearOfTomorrow's Gamercard
Number 10, Meteor is in Outer Space(Orange background with the wind blowing). At the start of the level, you will see a Blue Meteor coming from the upper left corner. You have to get to the top quickly to catch it. Don't cross the blue line at the top if you miss it, just die and start over.

Last edited by FearOfTomorrow; 11-08-2012 at 03:34 AM.
FearOfTomorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 11:12 PM   #8
teamfocus

Nice spot that!! Was searching the space level for a while earlier with no joy!
Old 11-08-2012, 04:51 AM   #9
RadiantViper

radiantviper's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Great job everyone on the guides Let's hope we can find that last one ... would hate for this game to become one of those games that no one completes since there's no guides for anything!

Has anyone found all the constellations? Hoping that one isn't too hard ...
RadiantViper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 12:59 PM   #10
BanditBanks

BanditBanks's Gamercard
Someone on TrueAchievements has found all secret constellations, I really wish there was some sort of check list. So annoying to have collectibles to not be tracked.

@FearofTomorrow How exactly do you manage to get the comet and survive? It goes way too fast for me to get it while still standing on the platform. I jumped off the edge thinking it would take me somewhere, but the little comet IS the actual souvenir.

EDIT: Oh haha, I kept missing the jump from the start so I decided to carry on with the level anyway. I'm not sure if it's a 'speed run' of sorts or you just have to be in the right place at the right time. It flew straight into me just under the blue barrier which I'm guessing is the ozone layer.

Last edited by BanditBanks; 11-08-2012 at 01:38 PM.
Old 11-08-2012, 01:38 PM   #11
teamfocus

to get the comet you need to get to the top of the orange outer space section as fast as you can the comet will pass you several times on the way up then at the top you can collect it safely.
Old 11-08-2012, 04:46 PM   #12
i4mn1nja

iiM SO N1NJA's Gamercard
anyone know of any other secret areas/constellations in the maze except the souvenir? don't really feel like shooting my beam everywhere if there's no need. same goes for that section where it's pitch black and you need to move the ball of light.

edit: just went through the maze and the light section pretty thoroughly and didn't find anything.

Last edited by i4mn1nja; 11-08-2012 at 07:57 PM.
i4mn1nja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 11:03 PM   #13
sepulturas666

Whistle - Stronghold - In the very last room with elevator that leads to the final boss. Crouch between spikes and little wall to reveal the hidden area. There are few rooms with enemies, it's not that bad.

Pic - http://postimage.org/image/hhezzkyvx/

How many secret constellations are in the game? Found only 13 now and of course turns out i have missed some... :/

Last edited by sepulturas666; 11-08-2012 at 11:41 PM.
Old 11-09-2012, 01:14 AM   #14
teamfocus

There are 17 secret star constellations in the game.
Old 11-09-2012, 11:49 AM   #15
BanditBanks

BanditBanks's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by teamfocus View Post
There are 17 secret star constellations in the game.
Aww man, I'm missing 2 so far and I just entered the Moon Base area.

@Sepulturas666 great job on finding the last souvenir!
Old 11-09-2012, 12:25 PM   #16
teamfocus

Quote:
Aww man, I'm missing 2 so far and I just entered the Moon Base area.

@Sepulturas666 great job on finding the last souvenir!
The constellation in the moon area is the final one just to confirm.
Old 11-09-2012, 04:30 PM   #17
BanditBanks

BanditBanks's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by teamfocus View Post
The constellation in the moon area is the final one just to confirm.
Awww fuck, well thanks for confirmation. I think I'm just gonna wait for a youtube guide for it or something, I'm not enjoying this game anymore haha.
Old 11-09-2012, 05:52 PM   #18
teamfocus

Quote:
Awww fuck, well thanks for confirmation. I think I'm just gonna wait for a youtube guide for it or something, I'm not enjoying this game anymore haha.
If you made a note of which areas you got i could try to let you know which you have missed?
Old 11-09-2012, 10:15 PM   #19
i4mn1nja

iiM SO N1NJA's Gamercard
for anyone having trouble getting the final souvenir, you can use a burst beam on the slanted surface right after you start the level and are told to run. you need to wait a second or two before using it or you'll hit a falling rock but it saves you a couple of seconds and makes escaping with the souvenir much easier.

Last edited by i4mn1nja; 11-09-2012 at 10:40 PM.
i4mn1nja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 12:41 AM   #20
cirby88

Thanks you so much for making this thread! And thanks for using my video's as well!
I am now working on going back and getting the ones that I have missed and recording how to get them for those who struggle with the text instructions. Now that I dont have to worry about looking for them it should be much easier to finish up the walkthrough!
cirby88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 07:44 PM   #21
Mister Buds

Mister Buds's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
EDIT: Alright, I finally managed to get that Children's Book earlier.

Now, the Crayon Box. Is this in the Factory or Workshop? It's not stated though it sounds like I'll know the area with a lot of stars when I get to it. Still, I want to be sure I don't miss it. I started my playthrough over so I'm up to par with all souvenirs and constellations thus far.

Last edited by Mister Buds; 11-17-2012 at 02:05 AM.
Mister Buds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 02:27 AM   #22
BanditBanks

BanditBanks's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Buds View Post
EDIT: Alright, I finally managed to get that Children's Book earlier.

Now, the Crayon Box. Is this in the Factory or Workshop? It's not stated though it sounds like I'll know the area with a lot of stars when I get to it. Still, I want to be sure I don't miss it. I started my playthrough over so I'm up to par with all souvenirs and constellations thus far.
Just after escaping from the robot lady who chases you.
Old 10-01-2013, 09:02 PM   #24
Byzantian Fandango

Corvatran Azro's Gamercard
Couldn't have done this without you. Thanks a million.
Byzantian Fandango is offline   Reply With Quote