PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-18-2012, 02:55 AM   #1
sonictails

sonictails's Gamercard
Farming Scrap Metal

Was just wondering if anyone had a good method of farming scrap metal to trade for pins?

I've been running round Mean Street North with the construction hat on but it seems a bit slow.
sonictails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 11:37 PM   #2
Tifa007

Tifa007's Gamercard
Go back and forth in the Underground between Mean Street North and South. Use the entrance on top of the ice cream shop, clear out all the breakable items and then use the transport tubes. With the Construction costume (and some luck) I could get 20-30 scrap metal a run. It's not fun but it's effective. Also, continue to clear out Mean Street North's breakable items when you return there. You'll develop a nice repeatable circuit.

Sadly, I still ended up with only 164/176 pins and I don't know what to do =(
Tifa007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 07:50 AM   #3
Quid Squid

elKamikazeSquid's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
do as the above poster stated, but there is also a guaranteed stash of 15 pieces located right next to the balloon guy in Mean Street South. you have to get the gorilla to drop a platform and then either float across with oswald or jump to it from behind next to the balloon gremlin. if you fix the gorilla it is also the same underground entrance as the ice cream shop's roof and you can basically cycle between north and south and underground for extra (just be sure Oswald doesnt break it with his boomerang again).

the construction outfit definitely helps, and when going for clothes use the tailor suit, it changes any scrapmetal dropped into cloth.
Quid Squid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 12:08 AM   #4
D@mon

lab0kup's Gamercard
How to drop platform with gorilla? I try to thin his arm so oswald can throw his thing and drop platform - but nothing
Old 01-12-2013, 05:44 AM   #5
Quid Squid

elKamikazeSquid's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by D@mon View Post
How to drop platform with gorilla? I try to thin his arm so oswald can throw his thing and drop platform - but nothing
thin the 2 or 3 clamps below his hand as well and Oswald should throw his boomerang at them. You might need an upgrade or costume for him to hit everything needed with the boomerang.
Quid Squid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 02:19 AM   #6
stlbleacherbum

stlbleacherbum's Gamercard
You can do just as the other posts have suggested. However, if you don't already know, wearing the steamboat Willie costume through each cartoon film will give you an extra GOLD pin. This helped me the most to get through the arduous task of collecting all pins.
stlbleacherbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:32 AM   #7
DJ RJester

DJ RJester's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Madhatters13   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - Rajeanero   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 3   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Minty   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold
Total Awards: 18 (more» ...)
I'm glad I read these posts, I didn't realise you could get extra things to drop wearing different costumes so this will definitely help me out grinding, to get rest of the pins. Thanks everyone can't wait to finish this game!!!

Thanks to KillerBEA for this awesome signature

Gamertag = DJ RJester
Please don't send random friend requests without a message.

Game Completion Percentage, only 83.14% 15/04/13.
Game Completion Percentage now at target of 90% 13/09/14

100% Completions on all Xbox One Games & apps
DJ RJester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 08:13 AM   #8
Archie Button

Archie Button's Gamercard
Best way as stated above is destroying the gorilla arm in Mean Street South which will leave a nice bundle of 15 scrap metal every time you come back.
And what's even better is that going into the Haberdasher's shop nearby and then exiting again will make that 15 scrap metal appear instantly. This makes for some extremely quick farming
Boring, but very, very quick!
Archie Button is offline   Reply With Quote