PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Halo 4 > Spartan Ops
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-18-2012, 03:17 PM   #1
Machiavelli78

Machiavelli78's Gamercard
Something I noticed about Spartan Ops

My first play through some of the Spartan Ops episodes online shown that I had completed the levels on Heroic difficulty.

I got tired of Matchmaking and decide to play some earlier episodes online that I missed since they are apparently going from the beginning and re-doing the episodes. Yet this time it had shown that I had completed the first chapter on Legendary. I didn't even notice this till I got the "A Legendary Episode" achievement.

Just figured I'd pass this along to you guys and see if anyone else has noticed this as well.
Machiavelli78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 03:27 PM   #2
upindat

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
i have played all the spec ops in episode one and two solo. I was going for the complete all episodes cheevo this weekend. I played a few online that i still needed that were in the rotation. The cheevo popped for me and i still have about 8 episodes to go. Lots of glitchy cheevos with the new pack. But in a good way i guess. I will take that anytime.
Old 12-18-2012, 04:45 PM   #3
SyntheticDr3ams

SyntheticDr3ams's Gamercard
Sparton ops is to easy with unlimited respawning i see no reason not to do this on legendary. and with that i think for heroic and legendary there should be a death limit before you fail. thoughts anyone?
SyntheticDr3ams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 04:49 PM   #4
Tatanko
Ductus Exemplo

Tatanko's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 4   Subscriber - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   5,000 Posts   A+ Thread Award   XBA Promoter   Over Achiever - Bronze   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SyntheticDr3ams View Post
Sparton ops is to easy with unlimited respawning i see no reason not to do this on legendary.
Exactly. I always play Spartan Ops on Legendary with the exception being a handful of times I used matchmaking for it (which is Heroic).
Tatanko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 01:27 AM   #5
Kemaleon

Kemaleon's Gamercard
I'd like to agree that there should be a death limit, but it wouldn't work very well in Matchmaking and people would complain that the standard version should have it also.

There should be a bigger penalty for death, when playing SpOps matchmaking I get roughly the same points regardless of deaths , yet higher points if I kill more than everyone else. It's worth a few kamikaze charges for those extra kills!
Kemaleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 02:41 AM   #6
Hishoa

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kemaleon View Post
There should be a bigger penalty for death, when playing SpOps matchmaking I get roughly the same points regardless of deaths , yet higher points if I kill more than everyone else. It's worth a few kamikaze charges for those extra kills!
False. You get the same amount of XP as any other player assuming you have at least 8 kills. Death count, as you've concluded, has no impact.
Hishoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 03:02 AM   #7
Fechdog

Fechdog's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hishoa View Post
False. You get the same amount of XP as any other player assuming you have at least 8 kills. Death count, as you've concluded, has no impact.
And this is why we have people afc after they get a certain amount of kills. Besides, taking away unlimited lives and you'll see a bombardment of posts and threads of people complaining how they can't complete Spartan Ops chapters anymore. I think it would add a bit of challenge to an already all right game mode.
Old 12-20-2012, 10:59 PM   #8
Vectorman953

Zombie Gary Oak's Gamercard
Why not just add a mode called "Hardcore" ?

It wouldn't be available for matchmaking (because then why not just have a legendary hopper... which everyone would play instead of heroic) and I'm assuming it would just be legendary with a 5-15 death limit.
That way, those people who want it can have their egos fluffed.
Maybe put an emblem or something for completing an entire chapter on the setting. But no achievements. Because that's where you'd start to get the complaints from the (let's face it) bad players.

Vectorman953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 07:01 PM   #9
Waupun Warrior

Waupun Warrior's Gamercard
lol, there's no way to lose. Not difficult at all; at the the most it's time consuming.
Waupun Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 02:52 AM   #10
StarsRPD

Eskobar M92's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
I noticed the difficulty was tougher in Spartan Ops matchmaking. It's now on Legendary. 2 player matchmaking is on Heroic.

I also noticed the plasma turret is extremely overpowered. Forget about low shields if your hit your dead in most cases. Hacksaw AFK's unite. I usually AFK myself until they start playing

Last edited by StarsRPD; 12-26-2012 at 03:51 AM.
StarsRPD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 06:39 AM   #11
Kaiyo

KaiyoOrganiz000's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
They changed the difficulty S-Ops from Heroic to Legendary during the Infinity Challenge nonsense.