PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Racing > Trials: Evolution
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-19-2012, 09:28 PM   #1
K4rn4ge

K4rn4ge's Gamercard
Riders of Doom Squirrel Locations Guide

Riders of Doom Squirrel Locations Guide

NOTE: Once you find a squirrel, you do not have to finish the level for it to count.

All 10 squirrel locations in Big Sands for the "The Squirrels Have Nuts" achievement are as follows:

#1 - Greek Therapy - Easy - Choose any bike available to you. For this squirrel you can't fault. At the very start, you will see a small ramp with a fountain to the right of it. Ride on the fountain and you will hear a "ding" noise. Keep going until you get to the third checkpoint and prepare for a big drop. You will want to land on the 2nd fountain and make sure you hear the "ding" again. Keep going until the 7th checkpoint and you will see the third and final fountain after the next small ramp. Ride on this fountain and you will now hear a different melodic sound. This is the signal that you have opened up the secret chamber. Keep going through the level still with 0 faults until the big gap before the finish line. Instead of jumping across it, slowly fall down into the newly opened chamber in the floor. You will go backwards down the ramp into SQUIRREL # 1.

#2 - Anno Domini - Medium - Choose any bike available to you. Get to the 2nd checkpoint. There will be an incline. Instead of jumping across the big gap fall down inbetween the two columns. You will notice the left column starting to collapse. At this time you will have to gain speed on the small ramp and do a backflip off of the column on the right. You will have to time it so that you go over the falling column and then land on the left side. Wait there and the camera zooms in a bit and you will see a squirrel pop out of the cup/mug for SQUIRREL # 2.

#3 - Halloween Hot Rod - Medium - Choose any bike available to you. Get to the 4th checkpoint. Underneath you, you'll see a pumpkin hanging from the ceiling. You must have that pumpkin fall on your head and from that point on you CANNOT fault. You are able to fault at that checkpoint until you get the pumpkin on your head but NOT after that. To get down there is a bit tricky as you will have to hook your tire onto the plank and swing around to land under the pumpkin. From that point on you cannot fault and must navigate through an alternate version of the track. Towards the end you will go up an incline into a previously locked room revealing SQUIRREL # 3.

#4 - Bazaar Run - Hard - Choose any bike available to you. Get to the final checkpoint right before the gap before the finish line. Instead of simply riding off the ramp into the finish line, you will want to get enough speed to go up the ramp and then at the height of your jump, press Y to bailout. Try and aim your rider to the right and over the broken wall with a barrel that's above the finish line. Up there lies SQUIRREL # 4.

#5 - Trouble at t' Mill - Hard - Choose any bike available to you. Get to the 2nd checkpoint. You must perform two flips at any time. You will hear a bird chirp each time you flip. I recommend doing the first flip either at the big drop directly after the 2nd checkpoint or at the 3rd checkpoint over the stairset. For the 2nd flip, you will probably want to flip and land in the big gap with the wheel and water. Once you have done your 2nd flip, the water will drain and you will fall into a capsule. SQUIRREL # 5 will then pop out of a crate.

#6 - Overpass Action - Hard - Choose any bike available to you. Get to the 7th checkpoint. On the right you will see a fence with a down arrow sign. Do NOT go down. Instead, you will want to press Y to bailout and go over the fence and light pole and land on the highway. A red car will start speeding towards you. You need to try and land in front of the car before it runs you over. You can keep trying from that checkpoint as you have to be fast but yet you still need to bail high enough to go over the light pole. If you land in front of the car early enough, the car will stop and a squirrel will peek his head out of the car window for SQUIRREL # 6.

#7 - Nature Calls - Hard - Choose any bike available to you. Get to the 9th checkpoint. You will notice a small wooden platform/raft in the water below. You will need to land here and wait on it for about 10 seconds. The raft will start to move and you will reach an area with SQUIRREL # 7. NOTE: When the raft starts to move, you will automatically fault but obviously this is intended as your body will float on the raft to the squirrel location.

#8 - Black Site - Hard - Choose any bike available to you. Get to the 9th checkpoint. You will need to input a code with the following controller button combo. It is: LB, RB, Click Left Stick, Click Right Stick, Up direction on Right Stick. As you input the code, you will hear beeps and see colors light up the board in the back. If you entered the code correctly, you will hear a spaceship sound. Now you must make it through the rest of the track without faulting (there are only 2-3 more obstacles before the end). If you fault, simply reload the checkpoint and enter code again. After going past the finish line, just wait. A spaceship will beam you up and you will get SQUIRREL # 8.

#9 - Toxication - Easy - Choose any bike available to you. Get to the 8th checkpoint. You will hear a creaking sound. Once you hear that signal, fall down the incline backwards (the way you came up before). You may need to backflip in order to get back down but you will need enough speed to also go over the pile of barrels to your left. Once over those, keep backing up and slide down another incline into the toxic waste. Wait a few seconds and you will see SQUIRREL # 9 pop out of a small pipe which wasn't there before.

#10 - Dystopia - Hard - Choose any bike available to you. Get to the 13th checkpoint. Back up a bit and you will be on a small platform that sticks out from the wall. Get a bit of backwards momentum and fall back down to the left. Try to land on the flat platform if you can. Once down there you will see a checkpoint from before. Let the backwards momentum kick in and you will go down another incline. Once there, you will see a squirrel hit a switch to trigger an explosion and you will get SQUIRREL # 10 and if you got ALL 10/10 squirrels, you will be rewarded with the "The Squirrels Have Nuts" achievement!

Last edited by K4rn4ge; 12-21-2012 at 05:53 AM. Reason: Guide is now complete
K4rn4ge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 09:40 PM   #2
Maka

Send a message via MSN to Maka

Maka91's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 10,000 posts   Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Emerald   GRID 2 Award   Submit - Platinum   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Micro Guide - Gold   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Silver   x360a Book Club   A+ Thread Award   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 20 (more» ...)
There are 2 other squirrels here:
http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/viewt...p?f=77&t=12828
Maka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 10:03 PM   #3
K4rn4ge

K4rn4ge's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maka View Post
Thanks for the tip Maka! I actually found the Anno Domini squirrel just before you linked me there but I did not yet know about the Halloween level one. I will get that squirrel and then update the guide with a detailed description once I get it.
Old 12-20-2012, 05:21 AM   #4
K4rn4ge

K4rn4ge's Gamercard
I just found a new one! (Bazaar Run - Hard). Updating now.
Old 12-20-2012, 05:27 AM   #5
Dog Face

In Marshall's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
So we're at 4/10, right?
Dog Face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 05:30 AM   #6
K4rn4ge

K4rn4ge's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Face View Post
So we're at 4/10, right?
Yep, we are currently at 4 out of 10 squirrels.
Old 12-20-2012, 08:06 AM   #7
Maka

Maka91's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 10,000 posts   Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Emerald   GRID 2 Award   Submit - Platinum   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Micro Guide - Gold   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Silver   x360a Book Club   A+ Thread Award   Donator - Level 1
These ones are taking a lot longer than the last for the community to find!
Old 12-20-2012, 08:22 AM   #8
K4rn4ge

K4rn4ge's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maka View Post
These ones are taking a lot longer than the last for the community to find!
It may also be the fact that people are focusing on the harder achievements first and then the squirrel one. I have been switching off between trying that Neverending Trials achievement as well as squirrel searching.
Old 12-20-2012, 08:27 AM   #9
Maka

Maka91's Gamercard

I got really involved with the last squirrel hunt, and it ended up with a bunch of people arguing over who found what first, and who deserve credit for what, so I kind of gave up on these and will let the community find them.

I'll make my typical video once the full list comes out. If I stumble across one, I'll let everyone know, but usually I'm terrible at finding these types of things.
Old 12-20-2012, 08:45 AM   #10
Dog Face

In Marshall's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I didn't buy the last DLC right away last time 'cause I had beef with RL but apparently all squirrels were found day one. Just us few have posted here. And some at the RL forums but those are on the list already.
Dog Face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 09:46 AM   #11
Bazinga I

Bazinga I's Gamercard
Hey just signed up to x360a to post in this thread. Grats on finding number 4
Finished work for the year so i'm off and I'll spend the majority of today looking for them as I already have the plat achievement out of the way, will post when I find any
Bazinga I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 01:34 PM   #12
Bazinga I

Bazinga I's Gamercard
few more found on Redlynx Forums
Old 12-20-2012, 03:13 PM   #13
Maka

Maka91's Gamercard

They're at 7 on the RedLynx forum.
Old 12-20-2012, 04:43 PM   #14
K4rn4ge

K4rn4ge's Gamercard
Thanks for the updates Bazinga & Maka. Thanks to Killlard for finding squirrel 5 and also thanks to BlackMesa for finding squirrels 6-7. Good work everyone. I will update guide after I get them so I can give more detailed descriptions.

Last edited by K4rn4ge; 12-20-2012 at 04:47 PM.
K4rn4ge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 05:57 PM   #15
K4rn4ge

K4rn4ge's Gamercard
We are currently at 7 out of 10 squirrels found! I have updated the guide.
Old 12-20-2012, 07:23 PM   #16
JSP 16

Send a message via MSN to JSP 16

JSP The Great 1's Gamercard
hey guys...in the extreme level oblivion.......u can get a skull head ....ill post a picture so u guys can figure it out....its basically climbing a incline...and has like those big post u have to jump over...instead of jumping over i fell down to a flat ground and i got a skull right away....ill post two photos so u can figure out what to do wit it
Old 12-20-2012, 07:25 PM   #17
FearOfTomorrow

FearOfTomorrow's Gamercard
#8 - Black Site - Hard - At the 9th check point enter this code: LB, RB, Click on LS, Click on RS, then UP on RS. You'll see the colors light up(along with sounds). Now finish the level without faulting. If you fault, you have to re-enter the code.

Last edited by FearOfTomorrow; 12-20-2012 at 08:08 PM.
FearOfTomorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 07:34 PM   #18
JSP 16

Send a message via MSN to JSP 16

JSP The Great 1's Gamercard
IMG_2855.jpg
IMG_2856.jpg

so photo one is where ur supposed to be when u land ...and u get a skull head right away

photo 2 is the next checkpoint after the skull head.....

im scared to crash cuz i dont if it will go away lmao.....but yea...dont know if this gets u a squirrel........sorry if my explanation sucks ass

i had a fault so i lost the skull......

anyways using this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=6bOKtPFs_Jw

around 1:11 that jump im talking about....instead of jumping to the checkpoint u have to get down that little platform to the left of the checkpoint......

Last edited by JSP 16; 12-20-2012 at 07:54 PM.
JSP 16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 07:50 PM   #19
Maka

Maka91's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSP 16 View Post
Attachment 7608
Attachment 7609

so photo one is where ur supposed to be when u land ...and u get a skull head right away

photo 2 is the next checkpoint after the skull head.....

im scared to crash cuz i dont if it will go away lmao.....but yea...dont know if this gets u a squirrel........sorry if my explanation sucks ass
If you finish the level without faulting, you might get a squirrel. I'll go try and do that now!
Old 12-20-2012, 08:00 PM   #20
Maka

Maka91's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearOfTomorrow View Post
#8 - Black Site - Hard - At the 9th check point enter this code: LB, RB, Press down on LS, Press down on RS, then UP on RS. You'll see the colors light up(along with sounds). Now finish the level without faulting. If you fault, you have to re-enter the code.
Are you sure this is the code?

Did exactly what you said multiple times now (heard the music and everything) and didnt get any squirrel!

Figured it out. It's lb, rb, left stick click, right stick click, up direction on right stick. (Shows up 5 colours on the board).

Last edited by Maka; 12-20-2012 at 08:04 PM.
Old 12-20-2012, 08:04 PM   #21
FearOfTomorrow

FearOfTomorrow's Gamercard
My fault I meant click on the 3rd and 4th presses.

Last edited by FearOfTomorrow; 12-20-2012 at 08:28 PM.
FearOfTomorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 08:43 PM   #22
Bazinga I

Bazinga I's Gamercard
Finishing Oblivion with the skull head shows you a plank of wood with letters on it. So far 3 have been found so they must all connect as part of an easter egg, not a squirrel
Old 12-20-2012, 08:59 PM   #23
Xterm1n8or

Xterm1n8or's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Bright Idea   1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Forza Tournament Winner
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazinga I View Post
Finishing Oblivion with the skull head shows you a plank of wood with letters on it. So far 3 have been found so they must all connect as part of an easter egg, not a squirrel
Yeah just as confirmation this is the plank of wood:

And this is my replay:

Xterm1n8or is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 09:17 PM   #24
Chelsea Ink

Chelsea Ink's Gamercard
Number 9: Toxication - At the 8th checkpoint after you hear a creeking metal sound, roll back down the incline, over the barrels and into the toxic waste. A squirrel will rise up out of a pipe.

Credit to scottie1230 at the red lynx forums.

I have confirmed it works.
Chelsea Ink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 09:21 PM   #25
Maka

Maka91's Gamercard

scottie1230 - redlynx forum
Toxication - At the 8th checkpoint after you hear a creeking metal sound, roll back down the incline, over the barrels and into the toxic waste. A squirrel will rise up out of a pipe.
Old 12-20-2012, 09:31 PM   #26
Chelsea Ink

Chelsea Ink's Gamercard
Something for someone to try who can complete lumberjack no faults, if you go up to the first checkpoint the roll back down at up the wooden bit you can actually smash the red and white gates behind you at the very start. Just a thought.
Chelsea Ink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 09:37 PM   #27
Bazinga I

Bazinga I's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelsea Ink View Post
Something for someone to try who can complete lumberjack no faults, if you go up to the first checkpoint the roll back down at up the wooden bit you can actually smash the red and white gates behind you at the very start. Just a thought.
That leads too another wooden plank. If you hit that it opens a hatch thing on a long pole
Old 12-20-2012, 09:44 PM   #28
Nevander

Nevander's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazinga I View Post
... as I already have the plat achievement out of the way, will post when I find any
Holy shit you serious? Out for one day and you've done that already? What the heck!? I can barely get a platinum at all, let alone the DLC tracks. How is that even humanly possible.

Signature by Gackt. Click it to visit the Classic FPS Gamers x360a social group!
Random friend requests or invites sent with no message will be deleted.
I have moved to PC gaming for the most part, so I won't be on Xbox LIVE much anymore.

Last edited by Nevander; 12-20-2012 at 09:47 PM.
Nevander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 09:50 PM   #29
Bazinga I

Bazinga I's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevander View Post
Holy shit you serious? Out for one day and you've done that already? What the heck!? I can barely get a platinum at all, let alone the DLC tracks. How is that even humanly possible.
Yeah got it done last night, took a few hours though. Some of the times are very strict and you have to be extremely fast

Edit, didn't see the second part: erm practise to become good really, I play trials a lot as well as getting achievements, my gameplay is like 10 days on Trials evo, when I first played it i was terrible
Old 12-20-2012, 10:07 PM   #30
K4rn4ge

K4rn4ge's Gamercard
Thanks everyone. We are now at 9 out of 10. Just one more squirrel left to find!