Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Community and Events > Tournaments
Subscribe    Donate

Closed Thread

Old 12-20-2012, 01:44 PM   #1
Creech
Administrator

Send a message via Skype™ to Creech

Just Creech's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Staff - Administrator   Micro Guide - Gold   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Road Map - Emerald   CABS Beta Tester   Artist of the Month   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Submit - Emerald   Community Gaming - Silver
Total Awards: 35 (more» ...)
January 2013 Staff and Subscriber Completion Competition - Discussion Thread

Competition Period:
The contest will run from 00:00 PT, January 1, 2013 through 23:59 PT, January 31, 2013.

Eligibility Rules:
To participate in the competition you must have your xbox profile set to public, have posted your gamertag in the sign-up thread, and meet one or both of the following criteria:
  1. Have an active subscription on December 20th, 2012, and maintain the subscription throughout the competition period.
  2. Be a member of the site staff (Guide Team, Graphics Team, Clubs Director, Review Team, Press Team, or forum moderator and above).
Competition Rules:
  1. Participants will score one point for each title where the last achievement necessary for 100% completion is unlocked during the competition period.
  2. 100% completion is defined as all achievements linked on xbox.com have been unlocked by the participant. This specifically includes DLC.
  3. If DLC achievements are released to xbox.com, but the content is not yet available, that game will not be considered complete.
  4. All other achievements in the title may be unlocked prior to the competition as long as the final achievement is unlocked within the competition period.
  5. Common sense rules about no cheating, no profile hacking, etc. apply.
Eligible Games:
All titles on any LIVE enabled platform are permitted, including GFWL, Windows Phone, and Windows 8.

Judge:
Creech has the final say in all matters on this competition.

Prizes:
Shiny site goodness to the top competitors

=================================

Use this thread for discussion among the contestants. If you are not a contestant your post will be removed.

Last edited by Creech; 12-20-2012 at 01:51 PM.
Old 12-20-2012, 03:08 PM   #2
jackanape
Duchess Gummybuns

jackanape's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Green Thumb - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   CABS Beta Tester   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff - Super Moderator   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Family Corner Challenge Club - Tier 2   Family Corner Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)
Total Awards: 32 (more» ...)
Dear all - I am taking this contest pretty seriously, so woe betide anyone that dares to get in my way as I aim to crush you beneath my mighty hooves of justice.*

That is all.

*I don't actually have hooves, or a horse, but 'feet of justice'? We all know that would have sucked.

No thanks to Gackt!

Last edited by jackanape; 12-20-2012 at 04:36 PM.
Old 12-20-2012, 03:12 PM   #3
Gackt
Banned User

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Gackt   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   SOTF Winner   GSL 8 Winners   The Helping Hand   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   Artist of the Month
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackanape View Post
Dear all - I am taking this contest pretty seriously, so woe betide anyone that dares to get in my way as I aim to crush you beneath my might hooves of justice.*

That is all.

*I don't actually have hooves, or a horse, but 'feet of justice'? We all know that would have sucked.
hooves of justice...lol
Old 12-20-2012, 03:14 PM   #4
Nozza XBA

SnozzyBear's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Road Map - Platinum   Micro Guide - Silver   Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 3   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 14 (more» ...)
I have one pre-loaded game already!

Old 12-20-2012, 03:17 PM   #5
THE DEADLY DOG
StudentTeaching/Back soon

Send a message via AIM to THE DEADLY DOG Send a message via MSN to THE DEADLY DOG Send a message via Skype™ to THE DEADLY DOG

THE DEADLY DOG's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Staff - Maximum Clubs Director   Micro Guide - Gold   Submit - Emerald   Subscriber - Bronze   Staff Club - * Clueless *   2,500 Posts   Staff Club - THE DEADLY DOG   XBA Promoter   Staff - Guide Team
Total Awards: 13 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozza x360a View Post

Can you smell what the Rock is cooking? Haha good effort thought Nozza.

Cheerio cheerio!

bplayak at his.. finest?
Old 12-20-2012, 03:39 PM   #6
Yunder

Send a message via MSN to Yunder

YUNDERSTAND's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Green Thumb - Bronze   Micro Guide - Gold   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - rekikire   Achievement Guide - Gold   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Staff Club - troy0891   Staff Club - Tyger7   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Staff Club - Yunder   Submit - Emerald
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
Quote:
Dear all - I am taking this contest pretty seriously, so woe betide anyone that dares to get in my way as I aim to crush you beneath my might hooves of justice.*

That is all.

I don't know what the word betide means, so I'm going to disregard your post entirely!
Old 12-20-2012, 03:40 PM   #7
StolenPaper18

StolenPaper18's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:

I have two! I'm in the lead already! AH HA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by YUNDER View Post
I don't know what the word betide means, so I'm going to disregard your post entirely!
lol
Old 12-20-2012, 04:35 PM   #8
jackanape
Duchess Gummybuns

jackanape's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Green Thumb - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   CABS Beta Tester   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff - Super Moderator   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Family Corner Challenge Club - Tier 2   Family Corner Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)
Quote:
I weep at the state of your education system. WEEP I SAY!

I see this contest has truly begun - judging by the spamming of gifs already. It's all about psychological warfare it seems, so you can all sweat it out while I spend the next week doing nothing but eating, drinking and opening presents.

HA - TAKE THAT CONFORMITY!!!!

Wait........everyone is doing that? Shit.

No thanks to Gackt!

Old 12-20-2012, 04:51 PM   #9
Yunder

Send a message via MSN to Yunder

YUNDERSTAND's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Green Thumb - Bronze   Micro Guide - Gold   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - rekikire   Achievement Guide - Gold   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Staff Club - troy0891   Staff Club - Tyger7   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Staff Club - Yunder   Submit - Emerald
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
Quote:
I weep at the state of your education system. WEEP I SAY!

I see this contest has truly begun - judging by the spamming of gifs already. It's all about psychological warfare it seems, so you can all sweat it out while I spend the next week doing nothing but eating, drinking and opening presents.

HA - TAKE THAT CONFORMITY!!!!

Wait........everyone is doing that? Shit.
How I imagine Jack's going to attempt this contest:

Old 12-20-2012, 04:53 PM   #10
THE DEADLY DOG
StudentTeaching/Back soon

Send a message via AIM to THE DEADLY DOG Send a message via MSN to THE DEADLY DOG Send a message via Skype™ to THE DEADLY DOG

THE DEADLY DOG's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Staff - Maximum Clubs Director   Micro Guide - Gold   Submit - Emerald   Subscriber - Bronze   Staff Club - * Clueless *   2,500 Posts   Staff Club - THE DEADLY DOG   XBA Promoter   Staff - Guide Team
Total Awards: 13 (more» ...)
Quote:
How I imagine Jack's going to attempt this contest:

Gif war initiated. Bueno suerte competitors.

bplayak at his.. finest?
Old 12-20-2012, 05:10 PM   #11
Nozza XBA

SnozzyBear's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Road Map - Platinum   Micro Guide - Silver   Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 3   A+ Thread Award
Quote:
Originally Posted by StolenPaper18 View Post
I have two! I'm in the lead already! AH HA!

Looks like I have some competition!

---------

My only issue is THIS. Meaning the DLC I need to complete certain games, just doesn't want to download.

Old 12-20-2012, 10:33 PM   #12
DEG23
Wanderlusting

DEG23 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase CABS Beta Tester   Staff - Moderator   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Rajeanero   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Staff Club - Tyger7   Staff Club - Madhatters13
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
Quote:
My only issue is THIS. Meaning the DLC I need to complete certain games, just doesn't want to download.
Nozza's out....

Now to sabotage StolenPaper somehow and first is mine
Old 12-21-2012, 09:19 AM   #13
jackanape
Duchess Gummybuns

jackanape's Gamercard

So it's like that, eh?

Well, in truth I'm hoping to finish up a bunch of games and tidy up my tag a lot. A contest like this will give me the motivation to go back to some easy stuff that I never got around to finishing - like Lego Harry Potter 2. Ugh!

Not to mention my large backlog of arcade titles. I swear I just buy anything that goes on sale and then just let it sit there forever.

No thanks to Gackt!

Old 12-21-2012, 10:09 AM   #14
jackanape
Duchess Gummybuns

jackanape's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBuzz7S View Post
Well someone posted on their TA blog that they had over 14 games ready for this competition. Can't remember the GT or if they even entered, so you're all screwed!

I think I will finish last. I am trying to boost FIFA 11 online and won't stop until I get it all done.
I admit, I was bored, so decided to check on your claim as it's always nice to see people plan in advance for these things. Of all the people that have entered only Nozza has a Blog on TA and he has just listed the games/DLC he is hoping to complete for this contest (as opposed to the games he has ready to finish in one fell swoop).

So, if you didn't mean Nozza, then I'm assuming the person you are talking about isn't even taking part or was talking about something else. As sign ups are now closed it is immaterial either way.

I should also point out that both yourself and TemporalWizard have cancelled your subscriptions, so are ineligible to compete anyway. As the rules require a staff/subscription both at the 20th December and for the duration.

Don't mean to sound like a dick or anything, but if your sub hasn't lapsed etc then you may need to speak to Creech to make sure everything is working as it should.

No thanks to Gackt!

Last edited by jackanape; 12-21-2012 at 11:50 AM.
Old 12-21-2012, 10:45 AM   #15
Nozza XBA

SnozzyBear's Gamercard

Quote:
I admit, I was bored, so decided to check on your claim as it's always nice to see people plan in advance for these things. Of all the people that have entered only Nozza has a Blog on TA and he has just listed the games/DLC he is hoping to complete for this contest (as opposed to the games he has ready to finish in one fell swoop).

So, if you didn't mean Nozza, then I'm assuming the person you are talking about isn't even taking part or was talking about something else. As sign ups are now closed it is immaterial either way.

I should also point out that both yourself and TemporalWizard have cancelled their subscriptions, so are ineligible to compete anyway. As the rules require a staff/subscription both at the 20th December and for the duration.

Don't mean to should like a dick or anything, but if your sub hasn't lapsed etc then you may need to speak to Creech to make sure everything is working as it should.
Yeah, I've just listed games I want to try and complete. My most likely target is 2-4 games I'd say depending on DLC downloads.

Hitman Ab, is set and ready to compete with one collectable and I'll be running through the rest of the story of FC3 over the holidays. So that'll hopefully be 2. The rest will come as I decide what to play really.

Last edited by Nozza XBA; 12-21-2012 at 10:48 AM.
Old 12-21-2012, 10:49 AM   #16
Creech
Administrator

Just Creech's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Staff - Administrator   Micro Guide - Gold   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Road Map - Emerald   CABS Beta Tester   Artist of the Month   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Submit - Emerald   Community Gaming - Silver
Quote:
I should also point out that both yourself and TemporalWizard have cancelled their subscriptions, so are ineligible to compete anyway. As the rules require a staff/subscription both at the 20th December and for the duration.

Don't mean to should like a dick or anything, but if your sub hasn't lapsed etc then you may need to speak to Creech to make sure everything is working as it should.
Buzz cancelled his subscription a while back and it just ran out, so yes, he is out.

Temp had a one day lapse, but his new subscription started on the 20th so he squeaked in.
Old 12-21-2012, 05:22 PM   #17
Capn Doug
Community Completionist

Capn Doug XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 3   Community Gaming - Gold   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Scratch the SURFACE Challenge Club - Tier 2   Green Thumb - Bronze   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 2   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   Staff Club - Rajeanero   XBA Representer
Total Awards: 42 (more» ...)
The Countdown to 2013 sale is going to be very good to me in this competition. I already have a few quickish arcade games in the backlog. I'm probably adding a dozen more with the sale. This competition gives me an excuse to move them up the priority list and actually slay the backlog.

Then again, keeping the backlog under control is a challenging and neverending quest.
Old 12-23-2012, 01:28 AM   #18
Corrupt.
Super Big Time Fun

Corrupt XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - Tyger7   Fight Club Challenge Club - Tier 1   GRID 2 Award   Staff - Guide Team   You ARE the Controller Challenge Club - Tier 1   Scratch the SURFACE Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   Arcade Crazy - Gold   Community Gaming - Gold   Family Corner Challenge Club - Tier 2
Total Awards: 37 (more» ...)
I hope I'm better by Jan. I've been off sick from work and generally poorly and havent felt like playing xbox (so haven't) for over a week...

Quote:
Originally Posted by StayonTarget View Post
I'm 50 shades of retarded
Old 12-23-2012, 02:06 AM   #19
Creech
Administrator

Just Creech's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrupt x360a View Post
I hope I'm better by Jan. I've been off sick from work and generally poorly and havent felt like playing xbox (so haven't) for over a week...
So would you say your health is.......corrupt?

Old 12-23-2012, 02:41 AM   #20
Corrupt.
Super Big Time Fun

Corrupt XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - Tyger7   Fight Club Challenge Club - Tier 1   GRID 2 Award   Staff - Guide Team   You ARE the Controller Challenge Club - Tier 1   Scratch the SURFACE Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   Arcade Crazy - Gold   Community Gaming - Gold   Family Corner Challenge Club - Tier 2
That is one way to put it you witty, witty man lol. Too much bourbon?

Quote:
Old 12-23-2012, 02:43 AM   #21
Creech
Administrator

Just Creech's Gamercard

Sadly, not enough. Ran out and haven't restocked.
Old 12-23-2012, 02:50 AM   #22
Corrupt.
Super Big Time Fun

Corrupt XBA's Gamercard

Look under the sink you should find something that will do. Maybe that's why I'm sick.

Quote:
Old 12-23-2012, 05:13 PM   #23
Jappe XBA

Send a message via Skype™ to Jappe XBA

Jappe XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   GSL 12 Winner   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Donator - Level 3   Submit - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Silver   Staff Club - Jappe x360a   Staff Club - Minty   Completion Competition 2nd Place
Total Awards: 18 (more» ...)
I'm a bit late to the party but the aftershake from the end of the world just kept me from posting here. I see people have started to frighten others by telling how many games they got pre-loaded. I can count at least 3 games already I got ready that I can finish on the first day!

Just need to clear my head and count correctly at what time the competition starts in my zone so I don't miss anything. Also I got some games where there's only 1 achievement left that I didn't even mean to use for this competition but they've been sitting on my list for ages (Dig Dug & Pacman)

So fear you all! I might even get to the top 3 on this competition

Have fun everyone and Merry Christmas! No it's not December 24th or 25th (whichever you count as Christmas) here yet but I will probably be not around when that happens. If you know what I mean...
Old 12-24-2012, 01:48 PM   #24
jamie1000013

D Mob x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Genre Competition - Second Place   2,500 Posts   x360a Representer   Completion Competition Winner   Word of Mouth   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Gold   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
I thought everything was going fine until my new Windows 8 tablet decided to off it's self. The second day of using it I install an update and now it's stuck on the loading screen lol. Already had Fruit Ninja ready to go and this shark game. Now I get the merry time of calling ASUS's many hot lines who don't pick up :-P.

Oh well I should get a new one sometime in January I hope.
Old 12-24-2012, 04:10 PM   #25
Jappe XBA

Jappe XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   GSL 12 Winner   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Donator - Level 3   Submit - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Silver   Staff Club - Jappe x360a   Staff Club - Minty   Completion Competition 2nd Place
No offense but I hope you don't
Old 12-24-2012, 10:05 PM   #26
Nozza XBA

SnozzyBear's Gamercard

If my Internet decides to play ball, anyone want to hit FC3 coop with little old me?

Pretty much done with the game and its single player achievements now, so just coop left!

Old 12-25-2012, 01:13 AM   #27
jamie1000013

D Mob x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Genre Competition - Second Place   2,500 Posts   x360a Representer   Completion Competition Winner   Word of Mouth   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Gold   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Quote:
If my Internet decides to play ball, anyone want to hit FC3 coop with little old me?

Pretty much done with the game and its single player achievements now, so just coop left!
Yeah man. I'm in the same boat as you, I just left one memory card and I have like 4 coop missions to do but I'll redo the other two if you need em. Far Cry 3 was one game I thought I'd never max out but it was far easier than it looked.
Old 12-25-2012, 02:07 AM   #28
Capn Doug
Community Completionist

Capn Doug XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 3   Community Gaming - Gold   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Scratch the SURFACE Challenge Club - Tier 2   Green Thumb - Bronze   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 2   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   Staff Club - Rajeanero   XBA Representer
Total Awards: 42 (more» ...)
I made the mistake of looking on the Windows Phone marketplace. Stupid Countdown to 2013 extends to that, too. I think I may be stretching the limit on how many quick 200/400's that I can complete during this thing.
Old 12-25-2012, 12:18 PM   #29
Nozza XBA

SnozzyBear's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie1000013 View Post
Yeah man. I'm in the same boat as you, I just left one memory card and I have like 4 coop missions to do but I'll redo the other two if you need em. Far Cry 3 was one game I thought I'd never max out but it was far easier than it looked.
I need to do them all. I'm just doing the last missions and collectables now and then its onto coop. I think I have a few people on my FR who play but its easier to ask here lol.

All I hope is my internet sorts itself out because for a random reason it's just cut out!

Old 12-25-2012, 08:36 PM   #30
Jappe XBA

Jappe XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Doug View Post
I made the mistake of looking on the Windows Phone marketplace. Stupid Countdown to 2013 extends to that, too. I think I may be stretching the limit on how many quick 200/400's that I can complete during this thing.
That's my weak spot right there...
Closed Thread