PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Adventure > The Walking Dead
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-28-2012, 03:34 PM   #1
NightReflection

Nightreflection's Gamercard
Woah! This game is amazing

So I've just finished playing through all 5 episodes and I'll tell you what I don't think I've ever played a video game that has kept me so into it all of the way through, the story is epic, the characters are awesome and well it's just fresking amazing, I'd even go out there and say its been my best play of the year!!! (and I've played a lot of the "top titles" this year also)

Bravo Telltale Games, thus journey has been EPIC!!!

Roll on Season 2!!!

Always looking to boost achievements , just send me a friend request @ Nightreflection. If you see me asking for help on here please feel free to take a look at my gamercard to see what games i have that i may be able to help you with!!
NightReflection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 05:25 AM   #2
pot

enemy2k's Gamercard
I just finished episode 1 and I really enjoyed it. I have the 2nd episode to play through but won't be able to get the last 3 until I get some more points.
pot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 08:50 PM   #3
THE DEADLY DOG
Maximum Clubs Guide Dog

Send a message via AIM to THE DEADLY DOG Send a message via MSN to THE DEADLY DOG Send a message via Skype™ to THE DEADLY DOG

THE DEADLY DOG's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   Community Gaming - Bronze   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Staff - Maximum Clubs Director   Micro Guide - Gold   Subscriber - Bronze   Staff Club - * Clueless *   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pot View Post
I just finished episode 1 and I really enjoyed it. I have the 2nd episode to play through but won't be able to get the last 3 until I get some more points.
It's definitely worth saving up that's for sure.

You have to get on the train in the beginning when things are still changing and everything is rough, unpolished, and incomplete in order to enjoy the bliss found at your stop.
THE DEADLY DOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:04 PM   #4
Corrupt.

Corrupt XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff - Moderator   Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Platinum   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 1   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Achievement Guide - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold
Total Awards: 48 (more» ...)
I've just started this and I'm loving it so far...

Currently Working on: TY The Tasmanian Tiger (W8)

If anybody can help me with the 50 challenges on TY, then let me know. I will be so very grateful!
Corrupt. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 07:53 AM   #5
pot

enemy2k's Gamercard
Well I finished episode 2 and I am hooked. Get paid tomorrow so will be able to get the third episode, woot!
Old 01-24-2013, 08:48 PM   #6
Spanish Assault

Send a message via Skype™ to Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Silver   Road Map - Bronze   Community Gaming - Platinum   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
one of the most amazingly written video game campaigns....ever.

Spanish Assault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 02:28 PM   #7
JelmerF

jelmerf's Gamercard
Just finished episode 5 yesterday, what a fantastic game. Could not stop playing until it was over. It's like being in a great tv series yourself. Can't wait for season 2.
Old 01-25-2013, 02:38 PM   #8
Jamski

Send a message via MSN to Jamski Send a message via Skype™ to Jamski

jamski07's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by pot View Post
I think Episode 2 is the best one. It's the only that made me go WTF the most!

I was frantically trying to find a release date for Season 2 earlier but couldn't find anything apart from the fact that is is happening. Just have to wait, and wait, and wait...

Daddy, husband, designer, gamer, geek

Jamski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:59 PM   #9
Grogan1981

GeeSpot007's Gamercard
This was the best storyline I've played in a game so far. Even with the bugs, mediocre gameplay, and weak graphics, I was hooked. I can understand why it won game of the year. More games should take note that the storyline is just as important as the actual gameplay. Kudos Telltale!
Grogan1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 01:34 AM   #10
GAThrawn

GAThrawnMIA's Gamercard
Amazing game, amazing writing. No other game has made me care, or made me feel the way this one did.

I was properly welling up with tears at the end of episode 5, the choices went all blurry at one point, and I'm a grizzly bearded guy in his 30s - I dont cry at the TV!
GAThrawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 06:02 AM   #11
FeatherbottomMR

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I really enjoyed playing this game
FeatherbottomMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:22 AM   #12
BuffyLadySlayer

BuffyLadySlayer's Gamercard
I agree. Not the best gameplay wise. Pretty upset with the bugs, which I think there is little excuse for. And the graphics are not impressive. But DAMN. That story. I swear it plays the puppeteer on your heartstrings, pulling your emotions every which way. I was sobbing at the end. Someone who had watched none of the game previously was in the room with me, and she cried, too. LOL. There needs to be more games like this.
BuffyLadySlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 05:32 PM   #13
Pakhair

Pakhair's Gamercard
Loved the game, one that will stay with me for a long time. A unique experience and indeed made me a lot emotional at various times and almost made me cry a few times especially when the credits rolled.

This game is all about humanity and our strange ways + the unexpected outcomes were supreme, it always found a way to do something out of the box that you never imagined and was left with wow, never thought that.

!!!!!SPOILERS AHEAD!!!!!

my only grief is that in the end our choices don't mean at all and that sucks since the game shows that everything matters big time and in the end it's nothing and I didn't liked the way it ended, left me crying.
If there is going to be another Walking Dead, I might not play it only because I can't change the outcome, no matter what

!!!!!SPOILERS OVER!!!!!

And once again one of the best games I ever played
Pakhair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 05:31 AM   #14
pot

enemy2k's Gamercard
Well I finished all 5 episodes about a week ago. Man, what a ride! I didn't want it to end and dat ending!
Old 02-11-2013, 09:00 PM   #15
FeatherbottomMR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pakhair View Post
Loved the game, one that will stay with me for a long time. A unique experience and indeed made me a lot emotional at various times and almost made me cry a few times especially when the credits rolled.

This game is all about humanity and our strange ways + the unexpected outcomes were supreme, it always found a way to do something out of the box that you never imagined and was left with wow, never thought that.

!!!!!SPOILERS AHEAD!!!!!

my only grief is that in the end our choices don't mean at all and that sucks since the game shows that everything matters big time and in the end it's nothing and I didn't liked the way it ended, left me crying.
If there is going to be another Walking Dead, I might not play it only because I can't change the outcome, no matter what

!!!!!SPOILERS OVER!!!!!

And once again one of the best games I ever played
I a hoping for the next one that they do have multiple endings so our choices do make a difference. I really liked the story it was hard not to stop playing it. The end was really sad it has been a long time since a game got me to cry a little bit.....
FeatherbottomMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 03:32 AM   #16
Dragon Phoenix

cii phoenix iid's Gamercard
Amazing game, amazing story. One of the best games of 2012.
Dragon Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 01:41 PM   #17
Ninja Eagle

Captain Cotchy's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon Phoenix View Post
Amazing game, amazing story. One of the best games of 2012.
Probably THE best game of 2012. With Season 2 confirmed, we have a lot to look forward to.

Ninja Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 11:02 PM   #18
KFZ Scrubs

KFZ Nobody's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 10,000 posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Honestly, I thought this game would blow because it was a point and click of a show I was meh about. But I really liked this game. Definitely buying the episodes when they come out for Season 2

KFZ Scrubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 09:41 AM   #19
DxxxRules

DxxxRules's Gamercard
I'd say episode 3 would be my favorite, even though I had to rewind because it glitched and my control thing disappeared, need to get more microsoft points for the last two episodes this season, but so far I like how everything plays out and the story

Rockstar Energy x Falken Tire

DxxxRules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 10:19 AM   #20
MR MACLAINE

MR MACLAINE's Gamercard
WOW! this game is just "unbelievable good". honestly - i've cried in the last couple of minutes. man i never-ever thought this gonna happen to me. im nearly 30 year old, played about 250 video games in my life and would say that "nothing can shock me" but THAT WAS AMAZING! i've got so addicted to the story and the characters that it was so sad for me when the two said "goodbye" and clem grabed his hand - in this moment for the first time in my life a tear dropped because i was playing a video game. wow - that was totaly awesome (from my point of view) that they can made games that even bother me and involve me that much!

i would suggest that this "gaming experience" was one of the best (for me) of all time! out of nowhere the walking dead got in my top 10 best video games ever!

i'm still kinda speechless, man

MR MACLAINE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 06:50 PM   #21
pined5551

Traveller Nick's Gamercard

I know I'm the minority here, but I have found the game very boring. I love a good story, I play a lot of RPGs etc, and the story here is good. However I'd rather read a well written book about this story than play a game. It feels much the same as LA Noir, I hated that too after the first few hours of play. Just walking about selecting things, stiffling the progression of the story. Meh.

Does anyone know if Season 2's achievements are likely to stack on top of Season 1? I really hope they don't. I won't be buying season 2.

EDIT: Ok I'll backtrack a bit on what I said. I have just finished Episode 4, which is miles better than the others so far. 2 was good, but I found 1 and 3 extremely boring.

EDIT 2: Finished all the episodes now. It definitely finished better than it started. I guess I'd give it 4/5.

Last edited by pined5551; 04-03-2013 at 10:27 PM.
pined5551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 03:32 AM   #22
The Immortal

HaR PHEONIX's Gamercard
This game and the ending of Halo 4 are two of the best examples of powerful storytelling I have seen in years. Both almost brought me to tears in the end and left me on the edge of my seat wanting more.
The Immortal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 08:51 AM   #23
Vulger Spartan

Send a message via ICQ to Vulger Spartan

VulgerSpartan's Gamercard
Tired as hell, have things to do tomorrow... well, today now, stayed up all hours trying to finish it because I couldn't put it down. Halfway through chapter 4 I was in full-on "must complete" mode.

and in the end...

#WINNING!

Last edited by Vulger Spartan; 04-12-2013 at 08:55 AM.
Vulger Spartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 06:37 AM   #24
JACK LAYT0N

JACK LAYT0N's Gamercard
amazing game
Old 04-17-2013, 08:02 PM   #25
Samarin_6

Samarin6's Gamercard
I picked them up on sale over xmas i think, and enjoyed the first episode so far. Looking forward to having more time to play the rest of them.
Old 04-28-2013, 09:45 PM   #26
wraggster

Wraggster's Gamercard
Yes game of the year, But this is more than that, This is one the best games I have ever played, I cant put into words the love i have for this game, i literally can't wait for season 2
wraggster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 01:46 AM   #27
xInsanexDeathxx

Pettindakitty's Gamercard
just finished the first 3 episodes and this game is great
xInsanexDeathxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 02:25 AM   #28
Rose Knight789

Rose Knight789's Gamercard
I really enjoyed the games and they are well worth the buy. I am not sure what is in store for season 2 of the game but I know for a fact I would personally enjoy the introduction of scavenging and actual combat would be interesting for sure.

Rose Knight789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 09:44 AM   #29
Ressorp84

R3D D3VIL 84's Gamercard
I have not played 400 days yet but i only recently played through the first five episodes and have to say this is probably the best game ive played in a while!

Latest Retail Completed
GUACAMELEE STCE!(XB1)

Latest Arcade Completed
STREET FIGHTER II: HYPER FIGHTING (Xbox 360)
Ressorp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 12:03 PM   #30
The Lone Nomad

Nomadicide93's Gamercard
yeah same here got em during the sales when they were 2 bucks an episode! especially when the first episode was free and the rest you'd be getting for 8 bucks, great deal.
The Lone Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote