PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Adventure > The Walking Dead
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-24-2013, 08:50 PM   #31
Spanish Assault

Send a message via Skype™ to Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
I have a storage removed error and erased my episode 2 progress, but lucky for me this game is awesome so replaying the episode was fine. This game deserves GOTY.
Old 01-24-2013, 10:10 PM   #32
a hippyslayer

xThe LArchitect's Gamercard
Have not been all the way through yet; Im just starting Episode 5, but haven't had any problems with the game. I know one thing though- Ben needs to die. Painfully.

Never mind!

Currently Playing:
Dark Souls (Windows Live), El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron, Battlefield 4 (X1), Ruse, a grip of Windows Phone Games and Windows 8 games

No worries I'm not an Xbox Live rock star. Send friend requests and messages as you will and I will respond. You're playing video games, you're not busy curing cancer.

Last edited by a hippyslayer; 01-24-2013 at 10:16 PM.
a hippyslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:20 PM   #33
Silicon Iceman

Silicon Iceman's Gamercard
That kind of sucks, man. Luckly, I have not encountered any (*bad*) freezing or game-breaking glitches.

My only problem with the game is what some other people mentioned. The game tends to "hiccup" in places and the loading times are attrocious. Aside from that the only REAL complaint against the game is that the game is still relatively linear dispite the choices you make. When I first heard about this game, I thought it was going to be the video game version of those old "Choose Your Own Adventure" books I used to love when I was a kid.

Unfortunately, the game fell short of those expectations, but there is no denying that the characterization and tension was top notch.

As far as I am concerned, any game that can solicit an emotional attachement from the player is a good game. For $10, I think I got my money's worth.

-M
Silicon Iceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 04:36 AM   #34
Grogan1981

GeeSpot007's Gamercard
This game is amazing. It deserves all the acolades it recieves. Easily the best storyline I've played in my 15+ years of gaming. And that's a lot of games. Lol.
Grogan1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:38 PM   #35
Snowed

Snowed's Gamercard
This is easily one of the worst games I've ever played (not trolling)

How this game got such praise I'll never understand. As a fan of Walking Dead and the Myst series, I came into this expecting to like it. I came away miserable. I'm on episode 5 now and I'm going to push through it to get the completion and to maybe find some redemption, but my heart sinks just thinking about it.

Issues:

1. Story - This story is awful. The characters are extremely flat and one-dimensional. You know exactly what they're going to do at any given time. If someone is bad, you know it. I have yet to find a single game-changing surprise (obviously you can't know exactly what's going to happen). Beyond the characters, there's barely any direction and the pacing is horrible as it takes forever to get anything done.

2. Gameplay - Remember in episode 4 when you had the compelling experience of taking a car battery out of the car? Or episode 2 when you managed to unscrew four screws? Truly worthy of praise. Lee moves slowly toward anything no matter the situation. You're often left with no direction at all on what to do (normal for an adventure game) but the solution is never clever and so it's not rewarding to solve the puzzle. I mean seriously...Just terrible.

3. Decisions - People complain about Mass Effect. This is basically the exact same thing. Nothing really seems to matter.
Old 01-30-2013, 04:59 PM   #36
cutterk73

cutterk73's Gamercard
youre in the minority..maybe you went in expecting too much..

cutterk73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:04 PM   #37
StolenPaper18

StolenPaper18's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cutterk73 View Post
youre in the minority..maybe you went in expecting too much..
This is what I was going to say.

The game didn't blow my mind or anything, but I certainly enjoyed what I've played so far (the first two episodes). I try never to expect anything from a game because it's almost always disappointing when I do.

Then again, maybe my opinion will change once I get around to finishing the episodes.
Old 01-30-2013, 06:25 PM   #38
Wintermute1981

wintermute1981's Gamercard
I went into this one with very low expectations.
Wintermute1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:39 PM   #39
aspeedomodel

speedo model's Gamercard
Yes! I love Telltale games and love Walking Dead. I saw my brother playing this and was disappointed. Lost almost all interest. I may play it anyway just to get the completion and the story, but I think this is a lost opportunity.

Both brothers who played this told me they'd rate it lower than 6/10 and would not play it again. Also, they said the same thing: Decisions do not matter in the end.
Old 02-05-2013, 12:39 AM   #40
Spanish Assault

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
I guess its call of duty or bust for some gamers...you need explosions and cheesy endings.
Old 02-05-2013, 07:17 PM   #41
Opiate42

Location: Canada, likely stuck in a snowdrift...with no shovel

Opiate42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Rajeanero   Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aspeedomodel View Post
Yes! I love Telltale games and love Walking Dead. I saw my brother playing this and was disappointed. Lost almost all interest. I may play it anyway just to get the completion and the story, but I think this is a lost opportunity.

Both brothers who played this told me they'd rate it lower than 6/10 and would not play it again. Also, they said the same thing: Decisions do not matter in the end.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmona25 View Post
I guess its call of duty or bust for some gamers...you need explosions and cheesy endings.
I'm inclined to agree with our Spaniard here...

It's not necessarily the ending remember, it's the journey to get there. So far played only episode one and the journey has me hooked.

"Hit it"
Opiate42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 07:24 PM   #42
Jamski

Send a message via MSN to Jamski Send a message via Skype™ to Jamski

jamski07's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by aspeedomodel View Post

The end is great and the journey getting there is even better! Who cares if they all end the same, everyones story is slightly different.

Daddy, husband, designer, gamer, geek

Jamski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:36 PM   #43
BuffyLadySlayer

BuffyLadySlayer's Gamercard
I finished the disc version of the game. Only problem I ever had was some hitching in one or two scenes. Also, the load times were long. I guess I should be thankful that was all I had to deal with. The gameplay was clunky and I can certainly empathize with the criticism it gets for that. However, I loved the story. Every time I had to stop playing it, I was anxious to get back to it. Any game that sticks with me long after I finished it is a winner in my book. Telltale just needs to learn to polish their product and they can do even greater things.
BuffyLadySlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 05:24 PM   #44
Pakhair

Pakhair's Gamercard
Great game, Loved it. One of the best I ever played definitely because of story and the unexpected happenings. I'll remember it for long time.

Oh and since I know it's a bitching thread so... my complain is that in the end our choices don't mean at all and that sucks since the game shows that everything matters big time and I didn't liked the way it ended, That's All
Pakhair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:08 PM   #45
Spanish Assault

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opiate42 View Post
I'm inclined to agree with our Spaniard here...

It's not necessarily the ending remember, it's the journey to get there. So far played only episode one and the journey has me hooked.
Man it gets better....you just wait. I wound up playing episode 4 and 5 straight through. My only complaint is that I have to wait for the next game.
Old 02-09-2013, 04:17 AM   #46
FeatherbottomMR

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmona25 View Post
Man it gets better....you just wait. I wound up playing episode 4 and 5 straight through. My only complaint is that I have to wait for the next game.
I was like you... Saw that the first one was free got it played it and enjoyed it a lot. Then got all of them right away and just keep playing it. I really enjoyed the game and am excited for the next one...
FeatherbottomMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 11:57 PM   #47
Spanish Assault

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeatherbottomMR View Post
I was like you... Saw that the first one was free got it played it and enjoyed it a lot. Then got all of them right away and just keep playing it. I really enjoyed the game and am excited for the next one...
Nice of TellTale to hook me with the first episode for free....that was marketing genius.
Old 03-03-2013, 07:32 PM   #48
O0mix0O

O0mix0O's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Silver
Played episode 1 through twice with no problems, but after completing episode 2 right through to the credits and saving I come to play episode 3 and it started a new game. VERY pissed.

90,000G - 01/08/2013
Batman: Arkham City

O0mix0O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 07:29 AM   #49
Blue Ketchup

Blue Ketchup's Gamercard
Get to episode 3, goes back to episode 1. Re-do episodes 1 and 2 to get back up to 3, goes back to episode 1. It'd be nice to play episodes 3, 4 and 5 sometime but I don't think that's happening ever.

Hope they enjoyed my money though.

Blue Ketchup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 11:18 PM   #50
RaZeDieFox

RaZeDieFox's Gamercard
I loved every minute of this game. I only had one glitch throughout the whole thing, aside from small sound lags, or whatever. When I was on the train, it glitched and I couldn't advance so I reloaded that section and worked perfectly from then on.

Can't wait for the next installment!

100%(23): 1550 (1), 1250 (1), 1000 (20), 500 (1)

In Progress:
RaZeDieFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 01:51 PM   #51
Ninja Eagle

Captain Cotchy's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breedhate68 View Post
Don't get me wrong, I would love the game if it didnt have so many freaking glitches and bugs, but how did Game Informer and xbox magazine worship this game and make it onto every staffs top 10 list. Did they play a version I didn't see. I hit so many glitches, and now that it reset my episode 3, 3 times now because of glitches on the train. I just can't play it a forth time again, which means ill never play epiode 4 and 5. Any ideas if these mags get paid to hype broken games
Why is it that on every game there's just ONE person experiencing horrible glitches? I feel lucky that I'm 99.9% glitch free on every game I play.

Ninja Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 11:39 AM   #52
KFZ Scrubs

KFZ Nobody's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 10,000 posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Really hate that all we can do is walk

KFZ Scrubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 09:36 AM   #53
DxxxRules

DxxxRules's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamski View Post
1 glitch here on the train. Just had to redo one tiny bit. Other than that it was perfect.
Same here, the aim thing disappeared and I had to rewind during the train part, but other than that, so far so good.

Rockstar Energy x Falken Tire

DxxxRules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 03:12 AM   #54
SmoothAsEgg5

SmoothAsEgg5's Gamercard
my only complaint so far is no inverted control lol.
SmoothAsEgg5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 03:34 AM   #55
a hippyslayer

xThe LArchitect's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmoothAsEgg5 View Post
my only complaint so far is no inverted control lol.
I'm pretty sure that's in the controller settings

Currently Playing:
Dark Souls (Windows Live), El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron, Battlefield 4 (X1), Ruse, a grip of Windows Phone Games and Windows 8 games

No worries I'm not an Xbox Live rock star. Send friend requests and messages as you will and I will respond. You're playing video games, you're not busy curing cancer.
a hippyslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 01:49 AM   #56
xInsanexDeathxx

Pettindakitty's Gamercard
I've played through three episodes and have had no problems
xInsanexDeathxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 09:26 AM   #57
Lockdown Loaded

Lockdown Loaded's Gamercard
I had a few problems, one after I cut Clems hair there was no cursor so I had to restart, and when I finished a chapter there was a bit if lag when showing the next episode. Still my favourite game
Originally Posted by Kunduz View Post
Usually they use a giant game board with the names of old arcade games. Then they chop the head of a chicken and let the rest of the chicken lose on the game board. Which ever game name it finally lands on, get processed to the 360.
Lockdown Loaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 03:57 AM   #58
A Silent Circus

Send a message via AIM to A Silent Circus

A Silent Circus's Gamercard
Looks like I'm one of 5 people who thinks this game is really bad, I think everyone just buys into the hype of the show more than anything though
Old 07-23-2013, 11:53 AM   #59
FSparacino4

im boomheadshot's Gamercard

I'm going to have to agree with A Silent Circus here. I'm not really sure what everyone is raving about here. Sure it has a great story, but it ends there. I could read a book or watch a movie and get the same thing out of it. But I put that disc in my 360 tray expecting to play a game and instead I get more of an interactive movie than anything remotely close to amusing gameplay. This game was definitely way overhyped just because it carries the Walking Dead name.
FSparacino4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 12:10 PM   #60
Jamski

Send a message via MSN to Jamski Send a message via Skype™ to Jamski

jamski07's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by FSparacino4 View Post
I'm going to have to agree with A Silent Circus here. I'm not really sure what everyone is raving about here. Sure it has a great story, but it ends there. I could read a book or watch a movie and get the same thing out of it. But I put that disc in my 360 tray expecting to play a game and instead I get more of an interactive movie than anything remotely close to amusing gameplay. This game was definitely way overhyped just because it carries the Walking Dead name.
No hype here. Only seen the first episode and played the game first. It's the emotion that got me with this game like no other.

Daddy, husband, designer, gamer, geek

Jamski is offline   Reply With Quote