PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password
 

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Resident Evil 6
Subscribe    Donate

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2012, 01:07 AM   #1
Cobwebbyfir
 
Cobwebbyfir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 235

Cobwebbyfir's Gamercard
RE.net event: Zombie Mayhem (prize: EX3 costume)

https://www.residentevil.net/en/play.../event-19.html

it is the retro ones:
__________________
Cobwebbyfir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 01:19 AM   #2
Veedrock
 
Veedrock's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Alaska, USA
Posts: 3,541

Veedrock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   Genre Competition - First Place   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
You know you could have posted the rules, and maybe the xbox link >.>

https://www.residentevil.net/en/xbox/event-20.html

Quote:
The city's crawling with zombies, take 'em out! We can't even tell how many are out there, but if you work together we're sure you'll be able to kill 15 million of them!

How to participate
Players who defeat at least one of the target creatures during the event period.

Rule details
- 15m zombie kills across all players
- If the target is met, all participants will be awarded an EX3 costume of their choice.
- No Campaign / Extra mode limits.
- No single / multiplayer limits.
- No difficulty setting limits.
-The [Zombie], [Bloodshot], [Shrieker], [Whopper], [Whopper Supreme], and [Zombie Dog C] kills count towards the total.
- Rankings and event stats are updated once every day
- In the event of a tie, the player with the highest number of kills under [Zombies] in the enemy list wins.

Event results
1/10/2013 20:00 (JST)
I imagine this is for the retro costumes. Good to see they're not DLC.
__________________
#postcount

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech View Post
As a site, we don't support calling it "xbone" as that was a name that was used to refer to the system in a negative light. Since the site exists to support the system, being deliberately negative towards it seems counter productive.

tl;dr - Call it the Xbox One or X1.

Last edited by Veedrock; 12-25-2012 at 01:23 AM.
Veedrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 10:02 AM   #3
MoldyClay87
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: My Grandpa's Womb
Posts: 477
Send a message via AIM to MoldyClay87

MoldyClay87's Gamercard
Unfortunately, it looks like we only get ONE of the costumes for participating. You get to choose, which is great, but I am torn on which one I want.

My top choices are Sherry, Leon and Chris. Almost definitely going for Sherry, though, haha. Just sucks it's only one. I assume that means they will either have more events to unlock all of them or they will eventually go up for 'purchase' with points, but we'll have gotten some without having to earn points.
__________________



100% Retail: 21/78 ; 100% Arcade: 46/87
Most Recent: Clive Barker's Jericho ; Contrast
MoldyClay87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 10:28 AM   #4
DesirableDan
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 258

DesirableDan's Gamercard
Where is the link to xbox version, or is this PS only?
__________________
DesirableDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 01:21 PM   #5
BiggD
On Hiatus
 
BiggD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 13,830

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Wow, I don't know about this. Sure, all you have to do is participate...but those 8-bit costumes are fucking ridiculous.
__________________

Thanks to Slaughter for the stupendously stylistic signature.
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 11:35 AM   #6
MoldyClay87
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: My Grandpa's Womb
Posts: 477
Send a message via AIM to MoldyClay87

MoldyClay87's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesirableDan View Post
Where is the link to xbox version, or is this PS only?
Veedrock posted it:
https://www.residentevil.net/en/xbox/event-20.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by The BiggD View Post
Wow, I don't know about this. Sure, all you have to do is participate...but those 8-bit costumes are fucking ridiculous.
First off, that's not 8-bit. That doesn't even make sense. It's PS1 style which was way beyond 8-bit. I think the proper term in this instance would be "low-polygon count" or something to that nature. Low-res textures as well, but certainly not 8bit.

2nd, that's the whole point. They're ridiculous. And for Leon, Sherry, Ada and Chris, they're nostalgic. And Chris actually looks like Chris instead of Ben Savage if he were a beefcake.

Personally, this is one of the things I was most excited for when people were finding stuff on the disc. I am hoping Capcom puts out a patch later so we can use these costumes in the campaign instead of just Mercenaries/Extra Content stuff.
__________________



100% Retail: 21/78 ; 100% Arcade: 46/87
Most Recent: Clive Barker's Jericho ; Contrast
MoldyClay87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 04:41 PM   #7
Craphex
 
Craphex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: England
Posts: 443

Craphex's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Silver   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Do kills in campaign count, and kills in mercenary if you die?
__________________


100,000G Reached: 25/04/12
Craphex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:47 PM   #8
laufujai
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: London, England
Posts: 64

A Taste Of Zen's Gamercard
What I want to know is this; Does playing mercenaries or campaign SOLO count?

I know it says you have to be connected to the internet, which I am, but everytime I check RE.NET my kills do not seem to be on there!
Anyone else having this issue?

I'd be grateful for any insight...
laufujai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 11:43 PM   #9
BiggD
On Hiatus
 
BiggD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 13,830

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoldyClay87 View Post
First off, that's not 8-bit. That doesn't even make sense. It's PS1 style which was way beyond 8-bit. I think the proper term in this instance would be "low-polygon count" or something to that nature. Low-res textures as well, but certainly not 8bit.

2nd, that's the whole point. They're ridiculous. And for Leon, Sherry, Ada and Chris, they're nostalgic. And Chris actually looks like Chris instead of Ben Savage if he were a beefcake.

Personally, this is one of the things I was most excited for when people were finding stuff on the disc. I am hoping Capcom puts out a patch later so we can use these costumes in the campaign instead of just Mercenaries/Extra Content stuff.
Well excuse me for my improper terminology and for offending your opinion that the costumes actually look good. Remember when everyone had the right to their own opinions? Well mine is that the costumes look stupid, is all. Also, what would be the point of them adding the costumes to Campaign is by that point, you me and almost everyone will have beaten the Campaigns already...
__________________

Thanks to Slaughter for the stupendously stylistic signature.
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 12:12 AM   #10
Veedrock
 
Veedrock's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Alaska, USA
Posts: 3,541

Veedrock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   Genre Competition - First Place   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The BiggD View Post
Also, what would be the point of them adding the costumes to Campaign is by that point, you me and almost everyone will have beaten the Campaigns already...
Nobody anywhere ever replays things.
__________________
#postcount

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech View Post
As a site, we don't support calling it "xbone" as that was a name that was used to refer to the system in a negative light. Since the site exists to support the system, being deliberately negative towards it seems counter productive.

tl;dr - Call it the Xbox One or X1.
Veedrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 01:19 AM   #11
MoldyClay87
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: My Grandpa's Womb
Posts: 477
Send a message via AIM to MoldyClay87

MoldyClay87's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by The BiggD View Post
Well excuse me for my improper terminology and for offending your opinion that the costumes actually look good. Remember when everyone had the right to their own opinions? Well mine is that the costumes look stupid, is all. Also, what would be the point of them adding the costumes to Campaign is by that point, you me and almost everyone will have beaten the Campaigns already...
I don't think you understood the comment.

I didn't say you had to think the costumes looked good. I just said that it was the whole point, for them to look like that and be weird.

They're ugly as hell. They don't look good at all. I'm excited because I grew up playing the games, so it's nostalgic. I don't want Helena's or Piers's at all. They look awful. Only reason I kinda like Jake's is because he reminds me of characters like Nicholai in RE3.

But I mean, if you want to go off like I was offended by that, by all means.

And I don't mean to sound like a jerk with the 8-bit thing. It's just not what it is. Don't act like an ass when someone corrects you. It's not a big deal.

And I don't see what difference it makes if we're done with the campaign. In RE4 you had to beat the game to unlock costumes. I still replayed it with the RPD uniform. It would just be fun to replay the game in the EX1, EX2 or EX3 costumes. Did you never play games over again after completing them? Just finish it and you're done forever? Or did you just not like RE6 enough to want to replay it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craphex View Post
Do kills in campaign count, and kills in mercenary if you die?
No idea if Mercenaries count if you die, but pretty damn sure Campaign kills count, as mine went up and all I did today was campaign.

Quote:
Originally Posted by laufujai View Post
What I want to know is this; Does playing mercenaries or campaign SOLO count?

I know it says you have to be connected to the internet, which I am, but everytime I check RE.NET my kills do not seem to be on there!
Anyone else having this issue?

I'd be grateful for any insight...
RE.net updates like crap. All modes should count, no matter what, as long as you're online. I've only played Mercenaries and Solo Campaign. In fact, like I said above, today I -only- played campaign (solo) and the number went up (after I forced it).

The site does not update immediately and sometimes you have to force it. Every time I finish a chapter or a few rounds of Mercenaries, I have been going to Options and "Auto Data Load" or whatever so that it connects to the Server again, then I go to the site and click Synchronize. Then maybe log out/log back in. For example, I just finished Leon's campaign and it still said I only had 300 or so kills. Did all the above and after a bit it said 500-600 or so.

I also notice it hasn't been updating my spot on the leaderboard at all. I think they only update it once a day (I believe it says that somewhere), so you may not see the results of what you've been doing for a while.

But as I was saying, it says I am Rank 2826, but it has said this ever since I had 62 kills, and right now I have almost 600 (mostly just been doing campaign, so less kills compared to playing Mercenaries sessions back to back). Likewise, the numbers of the top 500 haven't changed at all. So I'd say not to worry about it yet. If it is still not updated right after doing what I said, and if the ranks don't update by tomorrow, then I am not really sure what the deal is, as this is my first event.

EDIT: Just changed, so it must go sometime around midnight. So right now, I am ranked 1929. So yeah, it takes a day for it to really take affect.
__________________



100% Retail: 21/78 ; 100% Arcade: 46/87
Most Recent: Clive Barker's Jericho ; Contrast

Last edited by MoldyClay87; 12-30-2012 at 06:38 AM.
MoldyClay87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 06:41 AM   #12
Onyxflamegod
 
Onyxflamegod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 308

Onyxflamegod's Gamercard
I have a significant inquiry about the kills...
Do the kills that you get while hiding like a little girl under the death trap in Catacombs on onslaught mode count towards this event?
Because if so, you can rack up 300-400 kills on that without breaking a sweat.
Onyxflamegod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 06:53 AM   #13
laufujai
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: London, England
Posts: 64

A Taste Of Zen's Gamercard
Thanks, MoldyClay87!

I just checked it this morning and it has shown up, granted its only 300 kills, but at least I'm on there!

I'll try to get some more time on it and rack that score up!

Thanks for the info!!!
laufujai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 07:54 AM   #14
BiggD
On Hiatus
 
BiggD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 13,830

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoldyClay87 View Post
I don't think you understood the comment.

I didn't say you had to think the costumes looked good. I just said that it was the whole point, for them to look like that and be weird.

They're ugly as hell. They don't look good at all. I'm excited because I grew up playing the games, so it's nostalgic. I don't want Helena's or Piers's at all. They look awful. Only reason I kinda like Jake's is because he reminds me of characters like Nicholai in RE3.

But I mean, if you want to go off like I was offended by that, by all means.

And I don't mean to sound like a jerk with the 8-bit thing. It's just not what it is. Don't act like an ass when someone corrects you. It's not a big deal.

And I don't see what difference it makes if we're done with the campaign. In RE4 you had to beat the game to unlock costumes. I still replayed it with the RPD uniform. It would just be fun to replay the game in the EX1, EX2 or EX3 costumes. Did you never play games over again after completing them? Just finish it and you're done forever? Or did you just not like RE6 enough to want to replay it?
Didn't mean to sound like an ass in my response dude, so my bad if you thought I was coming off as rude. I guess I can't appreciate the costumes as much as you or many others because I didn't really care about RE until the fourth installment. And don't get me wrong, I've played DOZENS and DOZENS of games again even after I've beaten them and obtained everything possible, I just think that RE6 wasn't good (not a single bit) so I would never play through it again, know what I mean? Anyways, like I said, didn't mean to sound offensive, because I wasn't even the slightest bit.
__________________

Thanks to Slaughter for the stupendously stylistic signature.
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 08:21 PM   #15
MoldyClay87
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: My Grandpa's Womb
Posts: 477
Send a message via AIM to MoldyClay87

MoldyClay87's Gamercard
So I have made the discovery that, as far as in-game records go, it does not count when you die. I checked all my kills for enemies that are in Urban Chaos (Zombies, Bloodshot, Zombie Dog C and Whopper) before and after playing through once and dying twice.

I had 17 Whoppers killed before and now only have 18, but I killed it each of the 3 times. So it didn't count those. I am hoping the site will half update soon because I want to compare if it counted them for the site or if it just pulls from the stats in-game rather than actually counting them (which I think is the case). So if you die, potentially say goodbye to a lot of kills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onyxflamegod View Post
I have a significant inquiry about the kills...
Do the kills that you get while hiding like a little girl under the death trap in Catacombs on onslaught mode count towards this event?
Because if so, you can rack up 300-400 kills on that without breaking a sweat.
Unfortunately, this I don't know, as I don't have the DLC modes right now. Could be tested though if you cross reference RE.net. Just takes a while since they don't update fast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by laufujai View Post
Thanks, MoldyClay87!

I just checked it this morning and it has shown up, granted its only 300 kills, but at least I'm on there!

I'll try to get some more time on it and rack that score up!

Thanks for the info!!!
You're welcome! Kinda sad I didn't take time to play yesterday, as my rank dropped, haha. Been playing today. Hope to rise up. Currently around 1,500 kills only doing Mercenaries (Urban Chaos) and having beaten Leon's campaign once. I would've had over 2000 if the event started when I got the game on Christmas, haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The BiggD View Post
Didn't mean to sound like an ass in my response dude, so my bad if you thought I was coming off as rude. I guess I can't appreciate the costumes as much as you or many others because I didn't really care about RE until the fourth installment. And don't get me wrong, I've played DOZENS and DOZENS of games again even after I've beaten them and obtained everything possible, I just think that RE6 wasn't good (not a single bit) so I would never play through it again, know what I mean? Anyways, like I said, didn't mean to sound offensive, because I wasn't even the slightest bit.
Ah, well, then just a misunderstanding between us. That's fine. That's the problem with written replies. You can't always sense tonality. No harm done.

And I can understand that. I like things that look awful sometimes, so even if I didn't like RE until RE4, I'd probably still appreciate them (both as a nod to older fans and because I like things that look awful).

I can also understand not liking RE6. I like it a lot, so I have no problem with replaying it after I will have finished it, but I totally understand not wanting to if you didn't enjoy it (hence asking if you didn't like it). But for other people, those that like it and those that are simply fans of the retro costumes (ugly as they may be), it would be awesome to replay the game using those costumes (or even the joke alternates already available).
__________________



100% Retail: 21/78 ; 100% Arcade: 46/87
Most Recent: Clive Barker's Jericho ; Contrast
MoldyClay87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 08:38 PM   #16
Onyxflamegod
 
Onyxflamegod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 308

Onyxflamegod's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoldyClay87 View Post
Unfortunately, this I don't know, as I don't have the DLC modes right now. Could be tested though if you cross reference RE.net. Just takes a while since they don't update fast.
I'm pretty sure they do. I just checked my score for the event and it seems like the catacombs farming runs I did yesterday are updated into it now.
Onyxflamegod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 06:44 PM   #17
bob101910
 
bob101910's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 742

bob101910 rfp's Gamercard
Will do a Leon playthrough to help out. I really want those silly costumes.
__________________
Completed Games - 39 Retail - 40 XBLA - 29 WP7/8 - 6 W8 - 2 X1
http://completedgames.webs.com/
(Updated 07/10/14)
Most Recent: Guacamelee (X1)
bob101910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 12:08 AM   #18
Destro
 
Destro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Québec
Posts: 2,923

Destro WOD's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Ok so just doing mercenary works? Ok well i don't really care much for thise costumes... they are ugly (i would had love classic outfits in full RE6 graphic beauty) but better get one than nothing...
__________________


Gears of War Legend
Destro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 06:59 AM   #19
MoldyClay87
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: My Grandpa's Womb
Posts: 477
Send a message via AIM to MoldyClay87

MoldyClay87's Gamercard
Yeah. I've been just playing Mercenaries when doing this other than the first two days (finished Leon's campaign).

Just sucks that we only get one at a time. Meaning, we'll need 6 more events to get them all.
__________________



100% Retail: 21/78 ; 100% Arcade: 46/87
Most Recent: Clive Barker's Jericho ; Contrast
MoldyClay87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:27 AM   #20
Destro
 
Destro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Québec
Posts: 2,923

Destro WOD's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Bah... not like it change much, i mean its just a skin... not an actual different loadout/character.
__________________


Gears of War Legend
Destro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:20 AM   #21
MoldyClay87
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: My Grandpa's Womb
Posts: 477
Send a message via AIM to MoldyClay87

MoldyClay87's Gamercard
Well, if someone doesn't have Costume 1 or Costume 2, it would be a different loadout.

Really comes to preference. And it's free. And you can use them in the DLC modes, right?
__________________



100% Retail: 21/78 ; 100% Arcade: 46/87
Most Recent: Clive Barker's Jericho ; Contrast
MoldyClay87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 06:17 AM   #22
Onyxflamegod
 
Onyxflamegod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 308

Onyxflamegod's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoldyClay87 View Post
Really comes to preference. And it's free. And you can use them in the DLC modes, right?
Presumably, seeing as I have been using my EX1 Sherry and Ada and EX2 Leon all in onslaught. I don't see EX3 being any different.
Onyxflamegod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:36 AM   #23
MoldyClay87
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: My Grandpa's Womb
Posts: 477
Send a message via AIM to MoldyClay87

MoldyClay87's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onyxflamegod View Post
Presumably, seeing as I have been using my EX1 Sherry and Ada and EX2 Leon all in onslaught. I don't see EX3 being any different.
Yeah, figured as much.

Contemplating getting the DLC modes. I still don't understand what Onslaught is though.
__________________



100% Retail: 21/78 ; 100% Arcade: 46/87
Most Recent: Clive Barker's Jericho ; Contrast
MoldyClay87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:14 AM   #24
Onyxflamegod
 
Onyxflamegod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 308

Onyxflamegod's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoldyClay87 View Post
Yeah, figured as much.

Contemplating getting the DLC modes. I still don't understand what Onslaught is though.
To put it simply it's what would happen if Mercs and Tetris Battle had a baby.

You slaughter hordes of enemies, and your opponent does the same. You are on different maps (same stage, but separated) so you can't interfere or interact with each other, but the enemies you get will be the same (though not necessarily at the same time, depending on either of your performances) and if one of you dies, the other wins. Alternately, if neither of you die, then whoever has the highest score wins.
Personally, it's the only DLC mode I care for but to each their own.
Onyxflamegod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:33 AM   #25
[Waggly Bean]
 
[Waggly Bean]'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Birmingham, England
Posts: 3,616

Waggly Bean's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
How does this actually work? Do I have to sign up through RE.net for the kills to register, or do I just load up the game and start killing? Would really like that Leon RPD costume!

Also how will you receive the costume? Is this through the website?
__________________


[Waggly Bean] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 12:47 PM   #26
Onyxflamegod
 
Onyxflamegod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 308

Onyxflamegod's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by [Waggly Bean] View Post
How does this actually work? Do I have to sign up through RE.net for the kills to register, or do I just load up the game and start killing? Would really like that Leon RPD costume!

Also how will you receive the costume? Is this through the website?
It's all done through the website, pretty much. You have to register and link your gamertag. Also you'll need to kill some zombies afterward for it to register you as actually participating in the event. Last I checked, we were at 16m though so we are past the costume requirements.
Onyxflamegod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 01:37 PM   #27
[Waggly Bean]
 
[Waggly Bean]'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Birmingham, England
Posts: 3,616

Waggly Bean's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onyxflamegod View Post
It's all done through the website, pretty much. You have to register and link your gamertag. Also you'll need to kill some zombies afterward for it to register you as actually participating in the event. Last I checked, we were at 16m though so we are past the costume requirements.
Ok thanks for the confirmation, guess I will have to bother to register then!
__________________


[Waggly Bean] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 08:53 AM   #28
MoldyClay87
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: My Grandpa's Womb
Posts: 477
Send a message via AIM to MoldyClay87

MoldyClay87's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onyxflamegod View Post
To put it simply it's what would happen if Mercs and Tetris Battle had a baby.

You slaughter hordes of enemies, and your opponent does the same. You are on different maps (same stage, but separated) so you can't interfere or interact with each other, but the enemies you get will be the same (though not necessarily at the same time, depending on either of your performances) and if one of you dies, the other wins. Alternately, if neither of you die, then whoever has the highest score wins.
Personally, it's the only DLC mode I care for but to each their own.
Oh my. That's ridiculous. So the whole "sending enemies" thing, is that like the trash blocks from Tetris? As in, if I were doing well, I'd send over extra enemies or something?
__________________



100% Retail: 21/78 ; 100% Arcade: 46/87
Most Recent: Clive Barker's Jericho ; Contrast
MoldyClay87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 09:23 AM   #29
mugginyouoff
 
mugginyouoff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 326

Salaryman Clev's Gamercard
You send over however many enemies you get in a chain. The chain automatically breaks at 30.
__________________
mugginyouoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 09:36 AM   #30
MoldyClay87
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: My Grandpa's Womb
Posts: 477
Send a message via AIM to MoldyClay87

MoldyClay87's Gamercard
Oh that's awesome. Vaguely more interested now.

On that note, I find it weird that the PS3 requirements for this event were apparently 50 million? Are there THAT MANY more PS3 users for this game? I see that they beat the score as well.
__________________



100% Retail: 21/78 ; 100% Arcade: 46/87
Most Recent: Clive Barker's Jericho ; Contrast
MoldyClay87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 03:52 AM.