PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Resident Evil 6
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-05-2012, 07:33 PM   #1
Destro

Destro WOD's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
RE.net costumes/stuff and such... worth it or not?

I am just curious. I usually hate those internet process of linking stuff from xbox live and i know in some ocasion they can be dangerous, the EA fifa hack proved it. So i never bothered to register my account to RE.net and such, because honestly i couldn't care less for my scores to be uploaded there and such. I am not a mercenary beast, never will be, and the ingame leaderboard is enough or me.

But i heard you can unlock special costumes and such... so my question is can i see a pic of them? Are they worth going the trouble of linking for them? I aint a "huge" fan of mercenary, i just play it ocasionally with friends, but for exemple i was glad to see Rebecca and Barry back in RE5 and play them.

But so far the second costumes for most of the characters are very "meh" to me... i unlocked Chris, Helena, Piers and Sherry and only Sherry is kinda cool cause it remind of her RE2 look.

But if they are cool and play totally differently, well i guess it would be worth it... I dunno, im hesitating... i checked very quick but didn't see a thread about it, at least on first page.

Gears of War Legend
Destro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:30 PM   #2
HareJordan23

I Wesker I's Gamercard
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PxAq4ard5s

check out sherry and tell me these extras arent worth it
Old 11-05-2012, 09:56 PM   #3
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HareJordan23 View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PxAq4ard5s

check out sherry and tell me these extras arent worth it
I TELL YOU it's not worth it. I bought so far Helena, Sherry & Ada all EX2 for 180.000 RE POINTS and still have 60.000 to spend.

The first time I played with new the costumes I was like YAY but after a few round it's getting boring soon and I went back to the costume 1 colors.

Sherry's blue outfit looks better than the red one IMO.

The only thing is you really don't have much to spend for:

Outfits, Diagrams, Wallpapers & Icons. Totally boring and is not getting updated!

Here you can see all of them and even more:

Old 11-05-2012, 10:12 PM   #4
VerifyedRasta

VerifyedRasta's Gamercard
Definitely NOT worth it, especially considering the fact that you are not a huge Mercenary player.
The RE.net costumes are just alternate colors after all...
*Becomes Arch-Mage of Mage's college*
"You know..."
VerifyedRasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:41 PM   #5
Destro

Destro WOD's Gamercard

Thanks for the vids...

Damn what the hell was that? 32 Bits Characters? LOL thats ugly as shit... They should had just remodel there classic looks with today's graphic... Im so NOT intersted in those...

As for other... bah... yeah Sherry half nude... ... lol perverted japanese, wonder if there is some forme Team Ninja members that crossed over capcom... lol The rest i don't really care...

So well... don't think i will bother with this.

Quote:
The only thing is you really don't have much to spend for:

Outfits, Diagrams, Wallpapers & Icons. Totally boring and is not getting updated!
Its not that i don't know what to buy, i just don't know if i want to go the trouble to link my account or not with there website... :P

Just by curiosity, what gets you resident evil points? Is it linked to the skill points? or something else?

Gears of War Legend
Old 11-05-2012, 11:32 PM   #6
Crash Geom

Crash Geom's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destro View Post

Just by curiosity, what gets you resident evil points? Is it linked to the skill points? or something else?
Web Badges - they're basically kill a certain number with certain weapon. Details on website.

Playing the game - Nets you some I think, but not much.

Online events - These are sort of interesting, but prize sucks.

Logging in - This one is the easiest and a pretty good amount. I've given up on this far now.
Crash Geom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 03:23 AM   #7
scmark15

scmark15's Gamercard
As said they are just a different colors of the Costume 1's the loadouts don't change either. But if your a title collector and want the "Figures" title 4 stars you'll need to redeem your points for all of the costume 2's.

You get 1 new figure in your collections for each of the costume 2's unlocked.
scmark15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 04:37 AM   #8
Destro

Destro WOD's Gamercard

Thanks for the info, much apreciated... but nah... for the figures all i care really is 3... for the achievements...

When i saw the titles in RE i was like "wtf...this aint COD" lol , i was like really... RE with titles? This got to be the weirdest thing i saw in a while... :P

But thanks for contributing really, good to know all this info

Gears of War Legend
Old 11-06-2012, 07:38 AM   #9
Crash Geom

Crash Geom's Gamercard
Quote:
Thanks for the info, much apreciated... but nah... for the figures all i care really is 3... for the achievements...

When i saw the titles in RE i was like "wtf...this aint COD" lol , i was like really... RE with titles? This got to be the weirdest thing i saw in a while... :P

But thanks for contributing really, good to know all this info
About the RE.net points, it depends how much you love this game because Capcom could release some great content or costumes in the future that will require points. No one knows.
Old 11-06-2012, 09:28 AM   #10
Destro

Destro WOD's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash Geom View Post
About the RE.net points, it depends how much you love this game because Capcom could release some great content or costumes in the future that will require points. No one knows.
Oh my god... i had like 2 times a brick wall of text before erasing it to answer that question(how much i like it) ... LOL but i decided to save it in a doc...but not post it... keeping it for later.. I will limit myself to ask... does you still rack up points before linking your account or not? Like for exemple if i done the campaign all in pro... will i still have my points if i link my account later? And also important, does capcom can link achievements to this system?

Gears of War Legend
Old 11-06-2012, 10:19 PM   #11
Crash Geom

Crash Geom's Gamercard
After watching the video above:
I didn't know you could unlock alt colors for original outfits and How do you get Sherry's hospital outfit?

Quote:
Oh my god... i had like 2 times a brick wall of text before erasing it to answer that question(how much i like it) ... LOL but i decided to save it in a doc...but not post it... keeping it for later.. I will limit myself to ask... does you still rack up points before linking your account or not? Like for exemple if i done the campaign all in pro... will i still have my points if i link my account later? And also important, does capcom can link achievements to this system?
Yes you do. All "accomplishment" points will be retroactively applied when you connect your account. Playtime points maybe also since it keeps track of your game time, but I'm not 100% sure. They're not much anyways. You get badges for clearing all stages from amateur to professional, but you don't get RE.net points for those. You get medals for killing certain # enemies with gun or melee. Those are worth RE.net points. I may have gotten medals mixed up with badges.

Basically any stat in-game is automatically added once you connect your account. However you won't get any points for online events. I didn't connect my Xbox account to a RE.net account until after I beat the game on Pro. Then I got like 160K points after my RE.net account updated.

Once again login RE.net points require the least amount of effort for best gain and may be possible to setup an RE.net account without linking a Xbox account.

Last edited by Crash Geom; 11-06-2012 at 10:24 PM.
Old 11-07-2012, 12:45 AM   #12
Destro

Destro WOD's Gamercard

Ok thanks for all this info.

Gears of War Legend
Old 11-21-2012, 01:05 AM   #13
CORPSIE19

CORPSIE19's Gamercard
wish they didnt cost so much
CORPSIE19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 11:52 PM   #14
Destro

Destro WOD's Gamercard

I decided to link my account finally, because there was a contest for unlocking outfit or i don't know... and sadly nothing seem to have updated.. I got 34 000 pts out of "welcome" but thats it... nothing for pro campaign or whatever... i mean i played this game A LOT and it seem nothing counted...

EDIT : I relogged tonight and everything unlocked, got a huge lots of points. But got to admit, damn those characters cost a lot for just a slightly different colors... How you get Sherry half Naked by the way?

Gears of War Legend

Last edited by Destro; 01-02-2013 at 02:11 AM.
Old 01-02-2013, 07:10 AM   #15
MoldyClay87

Send a message via AIM to MoldyClay87

MoldyClay87's Gamercard
You can't actually unlock Sherry with her hospital gown.

That was just hacking.

All you have access to is the EX2 costumes (recolors, same load-outs) and after the Zombie Mayhem event, you can get ONE of the PlayStation/Retro costumes.

I think I am choosing Sherry this time. Next time we can get one, I am going for Leon or Chris.

100% Retail: 21/78 ; 100% Arcade: 46/87
Most Recent: Clive Barker's Jericho ; Contrast
MoldyClay87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:25 AM   #16
Destro

Destro WOD's Gamercard

Ah ok, i never saw Sherry hospital online, but saw a retro outfit before, i tough there was other ways to get them.

I must say seriously this whole second outfit "deal" is soooo lazy... damn... i know that RE.net is not like actually paying MS points... but jizz one would hope it would be worth something.... actually something more worthy. Wallpaper.. easily findable on internet im sure, website stuff... who care... costumes... slightly color changed... some it look a bit more like Sherry, but others this aint much of a difference... As for the retro personally i dunno.. they all look shit... either Ada or Chris... for nostalgia purpose... but really im sad they didn't had any guest this time in mercenary...

Why not Carlos, Nicholai, Billy, Claire... WESKER !

RE5 had some guest with the mercenary reunion, Rebecca, Barry, that was cool, Excella, Josh also added... I know that RE6 has more characters overall than RE5 so this may explain, but hell they make ridiculous secondary outfits with different load outs instead of working on a guest character... i rather have ANY freaking past characters... even Enrico or Richard rather than Chris is some kind of monk suit... really.

Gears of War Legend
Old 01-03-2013, 09:25 AM   #17
MoldyClay87

MoldyClay87's Gamercard
To be fair, RE5's Mercenaries only had 3 Chris, 3 Sheva, 2 Wesker and 2 Jill as the characters. It wasn't until a good year later that we got Barry and Rebecca, and it was only for Mercenaries Reunion and couldn't interact with Jill or Wesker or anything or be used in Versus. None of the original characters were 'guests'. They were DLC.

RE6 gives you 4 of each character, plus 2 more.

If RE6 gets guests, they'll be DLC, like in RE5. RE.net just unlocks on-disc content instead of making it paid DLC.

Mercenaries for 3DS, however, had Chris, Jill, Wesker, Barry, Rebecca, Krauser, HUNK, and Claire.

Old 01-03-2013, 04:39 PM   #18
Veedrock

Veedrock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   Genre Competition - First Place   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoldyClay87 View Post
To be fair, RE5's Mercenaries only had 3 Chris, 3 Sheva, 2 Wesker and 2 Jill as the characters.

RE6 gives you 4 of each character, plus 2 more.
Loadout is arguably more important than the characters themselves. In that regard, RE5 has 10 options and RE6 has 16 options.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech View Post
As a site, we don't support calling it "xbone" as that was a name that was used to refer to the system in a negative light. Since the site exists to support the system, being deliberately negative towards it seems counter productive.

tl;dr - Call it the Xbox One or X1.
Veedrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:32 AM   #19
MoldyClay87

MoldyClay87's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedrock View Post
Loadout is arguably more important than the characters themselves. In that regard, RE5 has 10 options and RE6 has 16 options.
Loadout is probably more important. Especially depending on the mode and why you actually play (for high score vs. having fun or whatever).

In RE4, I just liked playing Wesker and HUNK. Didn't really care about the loadouts, in fact, I wasn't a fan of HUNK's loadout. I just liked playing him.

Likewise, in RE5, I play Jill (BSAA) pretty much all the time despite there being better options. And I play Barry and Rebecca in Mercenaries Reunion.

RE6, so far, I like playing anybody with a Shotgun. Do not care about anything else, but as far as favorites, I'd be playing Sherry and Leon most of the time.

I just choose favorites and/or shotguns.

Anyway, my point to Destro was that RE5 did NOT have guest characters, it had secondary outfits with different loadouts, so RE6 is no different in that regard... at all. The "guests" were DLC, so I don't know why one would be surprised.

I'd like Claire and Barry as much as the next guy, but I don't know why anyone would expect them to be anything other than DLC. RE4 was probably the only one to have a character not in the game appearing in Mercenaries without it being DLC (HUNK).

Old 01-09-2013, 03:36 AM   #20
RaccoonNinja28

RaccoonNinja28's Gamercard
I don't get why you guys are complaining about RE.net... its just an extra for people who like the game. Why complain about something free? Let alone optional...

Murder Nature(Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon)
Kill all the Animal Types. 30

Deadliest Warrior: Legends

RaccoonNinja28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:59 AM   #21
Destro

Destro WOD's Gamercard

Yes yes it was "mercenary reunion" but its not because they waited a year for RE5 they should wait another year for RE6... Lets face it, me and my friend played a shit ton of the mercenary of RE5, mostly Public Assembly and Cargo, because they where the best maps. When "the reunion" came out... we played... yes, but not enought as we would had like because sadly it was already late for that game... and the time bonus changing and such kinda "f*cked us" a bit...

But the truth is... yes load out is important, but playing your favorite RE character is more important to me... Sure i prefer to go with characters that have better load outs usually, but if Claire, Jill, Wesker or even more classic characters(as in... had not make an apearance since a long time) would pop up, i would use them, good load out of not...

Thats the thing... i think i just played Leon Pirate for the first time tonight in mercenary... i realize he got a nice load out.. but truth is so far i didn't played him because he looks like shit... i mean... pirate in RE.. looks stupid... To be honest all of the second outfits looks dumb mostly exept Sherry(RE2 grown up) and maybe Helena.. because she got R.P.D in the back... but the rest... Ada is ok cause its a dress, but Leon Pirate, Chris Monk... Piers racer.. cmon... they could had release classic characters instead... the worst part is that they KNOW people would PREFER classic characters instead of secondary stupid outfits...

So my point is, why make so long before releasing guest... i mean... sure you made the story for these characters and all, but the mercenary is just a fun mode... RE4 had Hunk and Wesker has guest(wesker barely had a cameo in the Ada mode) and RE5 had... yes late, but had Barry and Reb... i don't mind paying for new characters... not at all, but don't wait a freaking year to release them... cause in a year unless they release a new campaign piece... i doubt ill play this anymore...

Gears of War Legend

Last edited by Destro; 01-09-2013 at 09:08 AM.
Old 01-09-2013, 06:41 PM   #22
Onyxflamegod

Onyxflamegod's Gamercard
Quote:
Thats the thing... i think i just played Leon Pirate for the first time tonight in mercenary... i realize he got a nice load out.. but truth is so far i didn't played him because he looks like shit... i mean... pirate in RE.. looks stupid... To be honest all of the second outfits looks dumb mostly exept Sherry(RE2 grown up) and maybe Helena.. because she got R.P.D in the back... but the rest... Ada is ok cause its a dress, but Leon Pirate, Chris Monk... Piers racer.. cmon... they could had release classic characters instead... the worst part is that they KNOW people would PREFER classic characters instead of secondary stupid outfits...
To be fair though, at least none of those 3 outfits is as bad as Sheva's "Little Red Riding Hooker" outfit... Also Chris's samurai outfit isn't as out of place either seeing as a good chunk of the game takes place in Asia anyhow. Not any more out of place than his safari getup in RE5.
Not to mention you could literally play as food in RE2, so them having such outlandish extra characters is nothing remotely new.
Onyxflamegod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 07:16 AM   #23
MoldyClay87

MoldyClay87's Gamercard
Quote:
So then buy Mercenaries 3D if that's such a big deal. You can play Chris, Jill, Wesker, Barry, Rebecca, HUNK, Claire and Krauser.

You miss the point. You're way too hung up on "THESE AREN'T CLASSIC CHARACTERS OR REFERENCES TO PAST GAMES". They're stupid because it's supposed to be funny. You'd think that having Tofu in RE2 or a mafia outfit and suit of armor in RE4 and so on would've gotten that point across.

Quote:
So my point is, why make so long before releasing guest... i mean... sure you made the story for these characters and all, but the mercenary is just a fun mode... RE4 had Hunk and Wesker has guest(wesker barely had a cameo in the Ada mode) and RE5 had... yes late, but had Barry and Reb... i don't mind paying for new characters... not at all, but don't wait a freaking year to release them... cause in a year unless they release a new campaign piece... i doubt ill play this anymore...
Because there is no guarantee there will be 'guests'? With the amount of content in RE6, it is extremely nitpicky to be whining about it not having characters that don't appear in the campaign. They will appear (or not) when they do. Nothing else to say about that.

The point was, RE5 did not come with guests and RE4's only actual guest was HUNK and sort of Wesker (but not).

RE3 had no guests. CVX had no guests. RE2 *did* have a guest (Chris).

Fact of the matter is, they usually do NOT add 'guests', so you're mad about something that doesn't even happen. Mercenaries Reunion was DLC. Not sure what else to say to you.

Anyway, game's only been out 3 months. If they're going to add other characters, give it some time. They're still giving us updates and on-disc stuff like the classic EX3 costumes. Get the Leon costume if you like the load out but are too picky to play a pirate because "LOLOL A PIRATE DOESN'T BELONG IN RE".