Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Gears of War
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-27-2012, 06:46 PM   #1
Y0UNIK0RN

RuIet's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
PC: Anyone know anywhere that sells this at a good price

Just what the title said, for years I've wanted to pick this up and finally have a computer that can play it. So does anyone know where I might be able to buy this for a good prices?

First thing in google that came up was amazon for $60 bucks new and $10 for a used acceptable copy but I like getting games new so is it really that expensive still?
Y0UNIK0RN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 04:59 PM   #2
Facial La Fleur

Facial La Fleur's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   x360a Book Club
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
You can buy it from the GFWL Marketplace for $20. That is probably the cheapest you'll find it. Also, before you ever boot up the game to play that you install the Title Update 3 file or you will have a hell of a time getting it to run. I've encountered ever issue imaginable when installing the game and can offer tons of pointers if you ever need any assistance. I don't check these forums much so hit me up on Live if you have any further questions.

Facial La Fleur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 06:42 PM   #3
Y0UNIK0RN

RuIet's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by Facial La Fleur View Post
You can buy it from the GFWL Marketplace for $20. That is probably the cheapest you'll find it. Also, before you ever boot up the game to play that you install the Title Update 3 file or you will have a hell of a time getting it to run. I've encountered ever issue imaginable when installing the game and can offer tons of pointers if you ever need any assistance. I don't check these forums much so hit me up on Live if you have any further questions.
I know you just said you don't visit here much, but wanted to tell you I appreciate the help. $20 does seem to be the lowest so far. Again thanks for taking the time to help
Y0UNIK0RN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:36 AM   #4
Reggiez

Reggiez's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Silver
I don't know if you have already gotten the Gears PC-version but for 20 $ I think you are getting a good value for money. I picked up the PC-version just because I wanted to play through the extra chapter and it was well worth it. As mentioned the PC version can be a bit of a hassle before it runs smoothly but in the end it was worth it (in my opinion).

Oh, as a bonus for playing Gears PC you'll get the chrome sawed off in Gears 3 I think.