PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Discussion Boards > Other Systems/Handhelds > Mobile Devices > iOS/Android Wordament
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-28-2012, 01:37 AM   #1
StayonTarget
Intuitive

Send a message via Skype™ to StayonTarget

TheStayonTarget's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Platinum   Subscriber - Bronze   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Minty
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
iOS Achievement Guide and Roadmap

Rights of Use
This guide is not to be used without the consent of the author (StayonTarget) or Website Admin.
Overview:
Estimated achievement difficulty: 2/10
Offline: 0 [0
Online: 10 [50]
Approximate time: 4 hours 15 minutes - 5 hours
Minimum number of playthroughs needed: N/A
Missable achievements: No
Does difficulty affect Achievements: No difficulty.
Unobtainable/glitched Achievements: No.
Extra equipment needed?: No.

Introduction
This is a free game in the iOS App Store. You need to connect letters to form words that are 3+ characters long on a 4x4 grid. It's a fun and easy game. Especially for a free game. So sit back, relax, and try to crush your friends scores!

You will want to have a solver standing by while you play if you want this to be an easy 100%. For example, finding the longest word is near impossible legitimately. Especially since you probably have never heard of it. However! If all you do is enter really long words for a high leaderboard score, you can be banned from the game therefore making 100% impossible. So using one and including plenty of short words will leave you in good shape.

Disclaimer: I am not responsible if you get banned!

Wordament Solver can be found here: http://dev.360surface.net/Wordament/EnterBoard.aspx

Step 1
The first step towards 100% is to pick up the miscellaneous achievements.
  • Theme word
  • CH a CH IN g
  • Better than half
  • Spin Cycle

These achievements will most likely come naturally or with one or two other simple steps. However if you are struggling, they can be achieved with the help of the solver.
  • Sweet sixteen
  • "Autobiographical"
  • Beat your Frenemies
  • Multilingual
All 8 of these achievements can be picked up very easily before you unlock Swipe those tiles (Playing 10 rounds) so long as you know what to do.

Step 2
The second leg of your journey towards 100% will be unlocking the "Sore Fingers" achievement. This is what will take you the most time. 9/10 achievements for this game will run you about 30 minutes. This is the one that will be a grind. See "Sore Fingers" for tips and tricks.

KEY
Solver Recommended = Red
Natural Progression = Black
Link = Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
Like Barad. That damn spammer.

Last edited by StayonTarget; 12-28-2012 at 05:25 AM.
StayonTarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 01:37 AM   #2
StayonTarget
Intuitive

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Platinum   Subscriber - Bronze   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Minty
Sweet sixteen 5
Find words that use all 16 tiles at least once in one round

Perhaps the trickiest achievement. You can use a solver and just try to fit in as many words as possible in the two minutes and it should unlock. It may take a couple of tries with a solver but you will get it after a couple tries.

Theme word 5
Find a theme word in a round

The theme is shown at the top of the screen with a star. You need to find a word related to the theme at the top. It is recommended to use a solver to get this achievement the easiest.

CH a CH IN g 5
Find a digram word in a round

A digram is where one box contains two letters. These appear once every 5 or so rounds. Get a word using one of the digrams for this achievement.

"Autobiographical" 5
Find the longest possible word in a round

Using the solver, enter the letters then make sure the settings say "sorted by length." Enter the word and the achievement is yours.

Better than half 5
Place better than 50% of the players in a round

This will probably came at the same time as Sweet sixteen. Try to get as many words as possible with or without a solver and this will unlock. The leaderboards seem to have at most 2000 people and a score of 200 will usually put you in the top 50%.

Beat your Frenemies 5
Beat all your Frenemies in a round

Start a round and do not get any words. When you finish your score will be zero. You will see a leaderboard screen after the round ends. Tap one or two people's names that are around you. Then the next game, actually get a score above zero. When the round is over you will unlock the achievement.

If you have a friend who has played the game in the past 24 hours, you can simply pass their score without adding any "Frenemies."

This is what the "Frenemie" page looks like. When selected, their names are a lighter color than the background.

Multilingual 5
Play Wordament in more than one language

Scroll to the left or right until you see "Help and Options." You should see "Puzzle Language." Change that to a different language other than the starting one. If you know a second language then select that. It will make life easier. Other than that you will just have to guess. Go for 3 letter words.

Spin Cycle 5
Rotate the board and find more words in a round

During a game there will be a round arrow in the lower right. Hit that and the board will turn. Find a word after it turns and the achievement is yours.

Swipe those tiles 5
Complete 10 rounds

Natural progression. Should have all other achievements other than Sore fingers by the time this unlocks. See Sore fingers for tips.

Sore fingers 5
Complete 100 rounds

This achievement will take the longest to get. 2 minute rounds along with a 30 second round timer. If you find one word whatever length then just let the time run out the round will count. If your device falls asleep you will have to start the round over again. You need to play the full round (2 minutes).

There is a stat counter that shows your played games on the main page.
Quote:

Last edited by StayonTarget; 12-28-2012 at 05:30 AM.
Old 12-29-2012, 09:07 AM   #3
TealPavelski
Banned User

animusVOXone's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Anyone else on iOS having an issue with Achievements showing up on your Gamerscore?
TealPavelski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 08:22 PM   #4
StayonTarget
Intuitive

It just takes time for it to update.
Quote:
Old 12-30-2012, 11:45 PM   #5
Coxy x360a

Coxymus Prime's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by StayonTarget View Post
It just takes time for it to update.
I find logging on to Xbox Live on my Xbox instantly shows the achievements, whereas if I were on another site such as he official Xbox site, it takes it time. That may just be me though!
Coxy x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 01:41 AM   #6
kyboy

Send a message via Yahoo to kyboy

xZombieROBx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I've done the different language one in Spanish an Italian, an still No achievement..

Thanks to DethHolly for the "Super" sig!!
kyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 02:12 AM   #7
Corrupt.
"Tits"

Corrupt XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Mighty Duck Face   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 1   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Achievement Guide - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 2   Staff - Guide Team   Green Thumb - Gold
Total Awards: 46 (more» ...)
For me it took about 10-15 mins for them to show up on Xbox.com
Old 12-31-2012, 04:47 AM   #8
eragon3443
Banned User

SpecOperations9's Gamercard
Only one cheevo left...my mom should be able to get sore fingers, as she loves the game, and it IS her phone after all. I feel proud, i got autobiographical legit!
eragon3443 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 05:44 AM   #9
MilkyNZ

MilkyNZ's Gamercard
mine seem to work all ok
MilkyNZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 06:40 AM   #10
H0p3sfalL
Ch Ch Ch Cherry Bomb!

ATT4Ck XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Community Gaming - Bronze   Subscriber - Silver   x360a Representer   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyboy View Post
I've done the different language one in Spanish an Italian, an still No achievement..
I've done Spanish and Dutch and no achievement either
Old 12-31-2012, 01:35 PM   #11
kyboy

xZombieROBx's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by H0p3sfalL View Post
well at least i know its not just me lol

Old 12-31-2012, 05:55 PM   #12
MeonOner
Banned User

MeonOne's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Referrals - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by H0p3sfalL View Post
Have you both played a full game (2 minutes) with each language ?

I had the same problem when I was going for this achievement. I had played in Dutch and Italian..and nothing. It wasn't till I finished a third full game in another language, Spanish, that the achievement unlocked.
MeonOner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 06:10 PM   #13
kyboy

xZombieROBx's Gamercard

Yep, just did an it popped.. now I just need the freakin frenemie one..

Old 01-01-2013, 12:33 AM   #14
StayonTarget
Intuitive

Make sure it's the full 2 minutes like someone else said. If you have 1:40 seconds left it won't count. You need to finish that game then play another full game.
Quote:
Old 01-01-2013, 02:20 AM   #15
Dog Face

In Marshall's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   1,000 Posts
Quote:
Yep, just did an it popped.. now I just need the freakin frenemie one..
That one is easy. Just follow the guide.
Dog Face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 04:45 AM   #16
kyboy

xZombieROBx's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Face View Post
That one is easy. Just follow the guide.
Well every time I chose someone, they kept getting a higher score than me lol.. but I finally got it today while doing it on Spanish, I picked someone from the U.S.. now just one last achievement, 100 full games.. half way there only because my wife is addicted to it lol. An It's on her iPhone, I won't own one of those piece of crap things..

Old 01-01-2013, 02:43 PM   #17
ChickinOnaChain

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
I may never get Sore Fingers. I'm stuck on 57 games. It seems to count one game, for every five that I play.

ChickinOnaChain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 04:26 PM   #18
H0p3sfalL
Ch Ch Ch Cherry Bomb!

ATT4Ck XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Community Gaming - Bronze   Subscriber - Silver   x360a Representer   1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeonOner View Post
Have you both played a full game (2 minutes) with each language ?

I had the same problem when I was going for this achievement. I had played in Dutch and Italian..and nothing. It wasn't till I finished a third full game in another language, Spanish, that the achievement unlocked.

Of course ! Lol should have known. Thanks good sir
Old 01-02-2013, 06:27 PM   #19
upindat

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
with this game being ios is this now going to be the new thing. I was thinking about getting a windows phone just for games and gs. But now coming to ios??
Old 01-02-2013, 11:29 PM   #20
StayonTarget
Intuitive

Quote:
Originally Posted by upindat View Post
with this game being ios is this now going to be the new thing. I was thinking about getting a windows phone just for games and gs. But now coming to ios??
Well this game is successful mostly because of the "Xbox Achievements Cross Compatibility." So I imagine we'll see more in the future.
Quote:
Old 01-03-2013, 12:47 AM   #21
H0p3sfalL
Ch Ch Ch Cherry Bomb!

ATT4Ck XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by StayonTarget View Post
Well this game is successful mostly because of the "Xbox Achievements Cross Compatibility." So I imagine we'll see more in the future.
Let's hope that we do. I think it's great for MS to be opening more avenues for getting achievements. Which in my opinion is great for everyone all around.
Old 01-04-2013, 12:53 AM   #22
Maka

Send a message via MSN to Maka

Maka91's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 10,000 posts   Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Emerald   GRID 2 Award   Submit - Platinum   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Micro Guide - Gold   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Silver   x360a Book Club   A+ Thread Award   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 20 (more» ...)
Can't get the frenemies achievement to unlock. This is weird.

Finally got it. I think after you remove old frenemies, and add new ones, you have to restart the game a bunch of time to re-do the method listed.

Last edited by Maka; 01-04-2013 at 01:06 AM.
Maka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 02:21 AM   #23
kyboy

xZombieROBx's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maka View Post
Can't get the frenemies achievement to unlock. This is weird.

Finally got it. I think after you remove old frenemies, and add new ones, you have to restart the game a bunch of time to re-do the method listed.
Yea, I had to do the same thing..

Old 01-07-2013, 07:58 PM   #24
Goob X360a

Goob X360a's Gamercard
Happy I looked at this guide thought sweet sixteen was were you had to use all the tiles on one word I was about to cry. Very well put together guide. Hopefully we shall see more for iOS
Old 01-10-2013, 01:45 AM   #25
Tyger7
Moderator and Guide Staff

Send a message via AIM to Tyger7 Send a message via MSN to Tyger7 Send a message via Yahoo to Tyger7 Send a message via Skype™ to Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Gold   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   5,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Tyger7   The Helping Hand   Referrals - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
This guide has been published to the main site. Thank you for your contribution.
The things people say to get to 5 posts...

Xbox360 games I have
http://darkadia.com/member/tyger7/library
Tyger7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:17 PM   #26
Infernal

A 2rue boofer's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Silver
So happy you can get achievements on IOS now.
Infernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:48 PM   #27
HamKet

Ham Salad's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Silver   Submit - Gold   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Silver
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
If you've played any of the other versions of Wordament (Windows Phone or Windows 8), those stats and frenemies will carry over to this version.

I had played the original WP version extensively, and I unlocked the Swipe those tiles and Sore Fingers achievements after completing one game.
Old 01-16-2013, 03:35 AM   #28
THE DEADLY DOG
Maximum Clubs Guide Dog

Send a message via AIM to THE DEADLY DOG Send a message via MSN to THE DEADLY DOG Send a message via Skype™ to THE DEADLY DOG

THE DEADLY DOG's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Staff - Maximum Clubs Director   Micro Guide - Gold   Submit - Emerald   Subscriber - Bronze   Staff Club - * Clueless *   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infernal View Post
So happy you can get achievements on IOS now.
This is the absolute truth. Now we just hope for more games!
Old 01-18-2013, 07:54 PM   #29
Opiate42

Location: Canada, likely stuck in a snowdrift...with no shovel

Opiate42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Rajeanero   Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Now, I've already got all 10 achievements. But where in the hell do you find these "Solvers" mentioned in the guide?

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE DEADLY DOG View Post
This is the absolute truth. Now we just hope for more games!
Give me a

"Hit it"

Last edited by Opiate42; 01-18-2013 at 07:57 PM.
Opiate42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:11 PM   #30
Kairi
Mod / Guide & Award Staff

Send a message via Skype™ to Kairi

Kairi x360's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff - Moderator   Community Gaming - Gold   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Silver   Staff - Guide Team   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Silver   CABS Beta Tester   Green Thumb - Bronze
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
Congratulations!

This Achievement Guide and Roadmap has been reviewed by the Guide Team and has been published as the Official x360a.org Achievement Guide and Roadmap! The link to the Official Guide is here:

Official x360a.org Wordament (iOS) Achievement Guide and Roadmap

Please post any updates within the Update: Guides & Roadmaps thread.
Also, please check the Award Tracking: Guides & Roadmaps forum to make sure we are up to date.
You may request for those to be edited/updated within that forum as well.

We look forward to your future submissions!