PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Adventure > The Walking Dead
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-28-2012, 12:24 PM   #1
TheSletchman

TheSletchman's Gamercard
An Aussie getting the deal?

Hey,

As an Aussie, my xbox currently shows a blank space for today's countdown deal and based on what I've heard about The Walking Dead (and as a huge fan of the comics / show) I really want it. Just want to suss it out before I go and waste money I can't really spare:

The steps:
1) I follow this thread to create an account (UK):
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...ad.php?t=92807

2) I buy UK points online from one of the following places:
http://xboxliveuk76.com/index.php
https://www.gamepointsnow.com/
http://www.game.co.uk/en/xbox-live-m...-points-142793

3) Redeem Codes
4) Buy all seasons on the MS website and add to queue
5) Log into UK account and wait.
6) Enjoy the game on my Aust account.

Is that correct? Are those websites any good (Pricing, reliability)? Does anyone know of a place they use regularly that's reliable for points that can be used on a UK account? I only need / want the exactly 800 for the game, and if I can just use my Aust credit card to add points via the website then I will. Has anyone done this for Walking Dead so far? Any problems?

Thanks in advance - it infuriates me to no end that we got the shaft on this one.

Last edited by TheSletchman; 12-28-2012 at 12:56 PM.
TheSletchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 12:48 PM   #2
TheSletchman

TheSletchman's Gamercard
Ok, just a slight update - that thread is a little out of date, so some of the process has changed. Still, I have The Walking Dead (the free bit of the game) and now just need the Episodes added on. So if anyone knows where John McLovin', student living on campus at Cambridge University can reliably get 800 UK-MSP online, that'd be fantastic.

Cheers again, in advance.

EDIT: Just realised - Xbox allows Paypal for points. Can I just set up a dummy Paypal via my hotmail.co.uk account? Or does only the "redeem code" option work?

Last edited by TheSletchman; 12-28-2012 at 12:52 PM.
Old 12-28-2012, 12:56 PM   #3
Heroic Blanket

Heroic Blanket's Gamercard
What I did was set up an amazon account with a US address, buy an 800ms point code from it (Microsoft directly sells them through Amazon for the same price), then just create a US account and redeem the code, then downloaded the eps.
Old 12-28-2012, 01:04 PM   #4
TheSletchman

TheSletchman's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroic Blanket View Post
What I did was set up an amazon account with a US address, buy an 800ms point code from it (Microsoft directly sells them through Amazon for the same price), then just create a US account and redeem the code, then downloaded the eps.
Huh. I checked amazon.co.uk, but all the comments make it sound like it was the physical card that was mailed to you (and I don't have any use for an 800 point card rocking up to a few thousand K's away). Does anyone from the UK (or who has purchased from amazon.co.uk even) know if they just email you the code (which is what I'm after)?
Old 12-28-2012, 01:55 PM   #5
TheSletchman

TheSletchman's Gamercard
Decided to bite the bullet and buy my points from Game (it was the cheapest and the product reviews said that you get the code at the payment screen). Worked like a treat - all 5 episodes for $10.91.

Jump on this guys.