PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Racing > Cars 2: The Video Game
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-24-2011, 07:09 PM   #1
Suki

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Getting all golds is not easy imo

i read how this game was a cake walk and was a 2/10 etc.. and was really suprised how much i am struggling to gold every event especially the battery sheild levels. i just must be rubbish at this game, all the actual racing parts im fine with golding them.
Old 07-24-2011, 11:13 PM   #2
CrustyDirtDemon

CrustyDirtDemon's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suki View Post
i read how this game was a cake walk and was a 2/10 etc.. and was really suprised how much i am struggling to gold every event especially the battery sheild levels. i just must be rubbish at this game, all the actual racing parts im fine with golding them.
You only need gold on all hunter missions, and only need one gold in one survival mission. EVERYTHING else can be BRONZED!!!
Old 07-29-2011, 02:31 PM   #3
djrapperz

samantha8488's Gamercard
the fucking hunter missions are fucking stupid
djrapperz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 08:31 AM   #4
WraithDK

WraithDK's Gamercard
Im having a bit of trouble with getting gold on all hunter missions, any tips on what weapons to go for or such?
Old 08-17-2011, 04:15 AM   #5
Murgatroyd7

Murgatroyd7's Gamercard
The Hunter missions are annoying. I'll play two or three times and fall way short of Gold and then play one more time and surpass it by a few hundred. You just have to get the hang of it, I guess. Anyway, you want to avoid the single missiles and instead get the triples. The machine gun is handy, but usually only for the first wave or two when there are more of the 5-point cars; they seem to like grouping themselves together, so I can usually get four kills with one power-up. If you get the mine, DON'T throw it. Instead, drop it behind you. That way, if someone drives into it later (which most likely will happen), you will get the points. The little tracking device will only hit one or two enemies, but it's usually a guaranteed hit. Also, I notice that if I hit a random box between waves, it will usually give me the satellite quake. And of course, learn each map, find out where the best power-ups are (i.e. satellite quake), and figure out how to get them.

Once the higher-point cars start showing up, focus more on them instead of the little green cars. Oh, and when a level has a specific spawn point (such as a garage) instead of a parachute drop-off, grab a three-missile or better power-up and wait for them to come out.

As for Survival...I'm still struggling with those a bit.

EDIT: Just coming back to add that if you turn on the turbo cheat, you can spam turbos throughout the whole match, which will give you the little red invulnerability dome around your car. While this is active, driving into another car will cause them to explode (you don't even have to ram them or do anything special). As I type this, I am on wave 3/5 of the very last Hunter mission. It requires you to get 900 points for gold and I already have 1200 thanks to driving into other cars instead of focusing primarily on weapons.

Last edited by Murgatroyd7; 08-17-2011 at 12:06 PM.
Murgatroyd7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 02:22 AM   #6
SonikkuHedgehog

sonikkuhedgehog's Gamercard
only a couple of hunter missions really bogged me down, otherwise the game isnt really that hard.
SonikkuHedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 04:38 PM   #7
raidenhardcore

raidenhardcore's Gamercard
any tips on hunter london? cuz ive tried for an hour and getting nowhere near 600 damn

got it better stay near spawning point and take out colored ones

Last edited by raidenhardcore; 12-03-2011 at 04:46 PM.
raidenhardcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 03:03 PM   #8
Graivul

Heroic Bishop's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I found I was floundering around not getting anywhere near the totals unless I got some good combos going, eventually I ended up getting over 1200 at a time with ease.

Make sure you have the cheat active for infinite boost (achievement guide on here has the code), then just hit X + X constantly and fly around ramming them, if your super boost shield is active in this mode it kills anything you ram instantly!

Fire off a few shots too with whatever you collect to help and most of them are easy as hell using this method. London was a little more tricky but still doable using this method!

Hope this helps!

EDIT: Just realised someone posted the same above, hope this clarifies a little if still unsure

Last edited by Graivul; 12-26-2011 at 03:06 PM.
Graivul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 12:41 AM   #9
snazzyskier

Skie2live's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murgatroyd7 View Post
EDIT: Just coming back to add that if you turn on the turbo cheat, you can spam turbos throughout the whole match, which will give you the little red invulnerability dome around your car. While this is active, driving into another car will cause them to explode (you don't even have to ram them or do anything special). As I type this, I am on wave 3/5 of the very last Hunter mission. It requires you to get 900 points for gold and I already have 1200 thanks to driving into other cars instead of focusing primarily on weapons.
Thanks for the tip!

"Why should you go to jail for a crime someone else...noticed"--Bob Loblaw

Be nice to people.
snazzyskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 01:10 AM   #10
bwfcskillsinhd

i Mr Pete's Gamercard
i have to agree with the OP getting gold on those hunter missions is fuckin hard! the rest of the games a easy peezy but the hunter golds are tough! wasnt expecting that to be honest so looks like itll be a while longer before i complete this now

EDIT: WOW using the boost cheat this is super easy,just keep spammimg the boost button and rammimg enemies! knocked out all 6 hunter missions in half an hour thanks for the tip,another game 1k

Last edited by bwfcskillsinhd; 11-02-2012 at 02:10 PM.
bwfcskillsinhd is offline   Reply With Quote