PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Discussion Boards > Xbox 360
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-29-2012, 04:59 PM   #1
vvalentin85

The Punish3r 06's Gamercard
The game you just can't / couldn't finish on the hardest possible difficulty ?

Is there any game that you put all the effort on and you just can't finish it on the hardest difficulty simply because it is way too hard ?
Old 12-29-2012, 07:17 PM   #2
Spade.

Send a message via Skype™ to Spade.

Jacob XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Minty   Over Achiever - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Ambassador 1x1 Competition - Second Place   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 14 (more» ...)
World At War
Spade. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 07:43 PM   #3
Capn Doug
Community and Events Lead

Capn Doug XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Skorpion XBA   Subscriber Clubs Baron   5,000 Posts   Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Ceris   Staff Club - rekikire   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Arcade Crazy - Platinum   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 2   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Shiftie
Total Awards: 52 (more» ...)
Not that I've found. Unless you want to count something like Guitar Hero or Rock Band where expert drums is just beyond my skill level.
Old 12-29-2012, 07:52 PM   #4
Corrupt.
GT Lead/Mod/Lobster

Corrupt XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Cops N' Robbers - Tier 1   Subscriber Clubs Baron   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff - Moderator   Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Platinum   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 1   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Achievement Guide - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Total Awards: 50 (more» ...)
I kind of have up on gow but I suppose I could get it done if I had the energy...
Old 12-29-2012, 07:53 PM   #5
ILOVEBAY0n37T4

ILOVEBAY0n37T4's Gamercard
One game I couldn't finish on Professional made was Resident Evil 5.

The two bits that stopped me was the boss battle in Chapter 2-3 and Jill Valentine on Chapter 5-3.

Some who had done it had gotten friends to help them.

BAYONETTA GREATEST GAME EVER CREATED
DON'T **** WITH A WITCH - BAYONETTA. GREATEST LINE IN GAMING HISTORY
TELOC VOVIN A GRAA ORS TABA ORD AVAVAGO - BAYONETTA SUMMONS FOR QUEEN SHEBA
EMNA OL ADRPAN ADNA ZNRZA OXEX RACLIR - JEANNE'S SUMMONS FOR QUEEN SHEBA
ILOVEBAY0n37T4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 08:01 PM   #6
AmbaLaBamba

AmbaLaBamba's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
World at War was a complete bitch, still haven't done it 100% on my 360 or PS3 and I've tried and tried. I've done all of the others near enough but this takes the mick.

Spec Ops: The Line is also another that I gave up with due to fustration, will probably go back to it at some point but until then I'm not going to think about it.

Also Dead Space/2, can't bare to do it!

[ PSNP / TrueTrophies / TrueAchievements]
Blank friend requests are deleted.

AmbaLaBamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 08:06 PM   #7
stevieboy65

Stevieboy65's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILOVEBAY0n37T4 View Post
One game I couldn't finish on Professional made was Resident Evil 5.

The two bits that stopped me was the boss battle in Chapter 2-3 and Jill Valentine on Chapter 5-3.

Some who had done it had gotten friends to help them.
Yeah I too couldn't finish that game on hardest. May have to go back and try it again
Old 12-29-2012, 09:11 PM   #8
FatalDeathSG45

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
It's kinda unfair considering I haven't even unlocked Hardcore mode on it yet, but I think Dead Space 2 on Hardcore difficulty would be a real pain in the ass for me. Not only are ammo and supplies very limited (more than usual), but you can only save THREE TIMES. That's right. You can only save 3 times in Hardcore mode, meaning you have to make every step count, because one mistake will undo hours of hard work. Again, I haven't unlocked Hardcore mode yet, but I get the feeling that when I do, I'm in for a world of Necromorph rape.

Have I ever told you the definition of insanity? Insanity is... doing the exact same fucking thing... over and over again... expecting shit to change. That is crazy.
FatalDeathSG45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:21 PM   #9
TheRealBr1ghtShadow

Br1ghtShadow's Gamercard
Haven't touched it in a while, so my gaming skills may have honed in enough skill at this point, but Ninja Gaiden 2 was incredibly hard for me even on a lower difficulty.
Interested in boosting? Message me on XBL - Br1ghtShadow
TheRealBr1ghtShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 12:22 AM   #10
Tsaako

tsaako's Gamercard

Ninety Nine Nights, even on the easiest difficulty. I had never played any hack and slash games before, so I'm probably not used to how things are meant to be played. But for the life of me I struggled so much that I just give up. Especially when if you fail near end of the mission you would have to restart the whole thing over, no checkpoints what so ever.

I found UFC 2009 to be quite difficult during career mode, maybe it was because I didn't build my character right but I kept struggling in fights.

Smackdown vs Raw 2009, theres an achievement for getting 5 people into the hall of fame in career mode, I remember that being difficult and just stopped trying after a while.

Other than those, I can't really think of anything recent that comes to mind, If a game gets too difficult I'll give up after an hour trying really. I just hate difficulty related achievements.
Tsaako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 12:25 AM   #11
Barad
Maximum Club's Warrior

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Emerald   Road Map - Emerald   Micro Guide - Gold   Submit - Diamond   Staff - Maximum Clubs Director   Community Gaming - Diamond   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   VGO Team Award - Bronze   GRID 2 Award   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer
Total Awards: 25 (more» ...)
CoD WaW, CoD 3 & Bodycount to name a few.
Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 12:30 AM   #12
DOOKH8R

DOOKH8R's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Over Achiever - Bronze   Staff Club - Minty   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 4   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Unreal Tournament 3
Old 12-30-2012, 01:09 AM   #13
masterq60

shinboro's Gamercard
From my brothers experience, he only beat Catherine on either easy or normal and he still had trouble with it.

From my experiences, guitar hero expert+ is difficult because I can't double bass to save my life, I can for a little bit but then I start hitting both feet at the same time.

Mortal Kombat 2, even on normal, Kintaro and Shao Kahn are so cheap with their massive health and damage

I can't think of any others right now but thats a few
Old 12-30-2012, 01:24 AM   #14
Corrupt.
GT Lead/Mod/Lobster

Corrupt XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Cops N' Robbers - Tier 1   Subscriber Clubs Baron   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff - Moderator   Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Platinum   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 1   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Achievement Guide - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Total Awards: 50 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsaako View Post
Ninety Nine Nights, even on the easiest difficulty. I had never played any hack and slash games before, so I'm probably not used to how things are meant to be played. But for the life of me I struggled so much that I just give up. Especially when if you fail near end of the mission you would have to restart the whole thing over, no checkpoints what so ever.

I found UFC 2009 to be quite difficult during career mode, maybe it was because I didn't build my character right but I kept struggling in fights.

Smackdown vs Raw 2009, theres an achievement for getting 5 people into the hall of fame in career mode, I remember that being difficult and just stopped trying after a while.

Other than those, I can't really think of anything recent that comes to mind, If a game gets too difficult I'll give up after an hour trying really. I just hate difficulty related achievements.
I agree with UFC, I could hardly win a fight at all. Svr 2009 was easy enough just pretty time consuming I thought...
Old 12-30-2012, 01:37 AM   #15
WOLFkraut

WOLFkraut's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by B A R 4 D View Post
CoD WaW, CoD 3 & Bodycount to name a few.
Yeah, CoD3... I'm playing it now and still manage to die even on easy... Still love those hand to hand QTEs, though! CoD: Classic, too, I don't think I could do it on vet. I have a few others that I doubt I could do on the highest difficulty.
Old 12-30-2012, 04:54 AM   #16
Asciiman

The Asciiman's Gamercard
CoD 4, getting Mile High Club or even the last few missions were too tough.
Asciiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 05:28 AM   #17
Akir388

Akir388's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
I cannot seem to complete Mass Effect 2 on Insanity. I made it all the way to the last big battle without too much trouble, but I am stuck at the Collector Ship. I've watched strategy videos and everything. The problem being my team members die almost immediately and I didn't bring enough medi-gel. Unfortunately for me, I don't have a recent save that I can go back to so I can better prepare myself. It is the last achievement I need to 100% the game. I'm sure I will get eventually... but I traded in the game. I need to find it cheap somewhere since all I need is one more achievement.

That 61/62 drives me crazy!

Sig made by Gackt
Akir388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 01:45 PM   #18
Jakez123

Jakez123's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Artist of the Month   Referrals - Bronze   Impossible Trinity - Gold   Staff Club - Minty   Community Gaming - Silver   Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   Free Agents - First Place   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 3   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 24 (more» ...)
Nope, haven't come across one yet.
Old 12-30-2012, 01:55 PM   #19
itkcasual

paul table's Gamercard
GTA4, I thought I had shot all the pidgeon then realised Id missed one and I had crossed them all of my list! not sure i can go back and do them all again.
itkcasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 03:14 PM   #20
DementedF13

Dementedkennel's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by itkcasual View Post
GTA4, I thought I had shot all the pidgeon then realised Id missed one and I had crossed them all of my list! not sure i can go back and do them all again.
Oh dear god...
DementedF13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 03:31 PM   #21
langer

Langeraus777's Gamercard
Left 4 dead 1 & 2 can't even finish one campaign lol
langer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 03:52 PM   #22
DecadentBeaver

DecadentBeaver's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akir388 View Post
I cannot seem to complete Mass Effect 2 on Insanity. I made it all the way to the last big battle without too much trouble, but I am stuck at the Collector Ship. I've watched strategy videos and everything. The problem being my team members die almost immediately and I didn't bring enough medi-gel. Unfortunately for me, I don't have a recent save that I can go back to so I can better prepare myself. It is the last achievement I need to 100% the game. I'm sure I will get eventually... but I traded in the game. I need to find it cheap somewhere since all I need is one more achievement.

That 61/62 drives me crazy!
Same here. I failed completely and traded it. I do want it back so I can have another go at it. Having just 1280g on it really is grinding my gears. Also want to go back and do Mirrors Edge on hard. I'm currently working through Hitman Absolution on Hard for my last aachievement. But most the time I play on normal.

Looking for people to join me in an epic Minecraft build once again. Its in creative, so if you are interested, message me for details.
DecadentBeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 06:07 PM   #23
Rev0Knuckle

Rev0Knuckle's Gamercard
CoD:WaW is the only one I can remember giving up on. Freaking grenade spamming bastards just burned my patience away, I wasn't aware that the Reichstag was a grenade factory when I started on veteran. I don't give up easily and it's the only game I can think of that I didn't persevere with once I'd started a hard play through.
Old 12-30-2012, 06:58 PM   #24
fastpitch41

ifastpitch41's Gamercard
I'll never finish CoD4 on Veteran. I've done most of the missions, but there are a few that I just know I won't be able to get, especially Mile High Club.
Fable 2 (1320/1350)
L.A. Noire (1400/1400)
LEGO Indiana Jones (1000/1000)
UNO (200/200)

Currently Playing
Grand Theft Auto IV
fastpitch41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 07:13 PM   #25
Wildmn34

Wildmn34's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
World at War for me as well. So much grenade spam it's not even fun.
Old 12-30-2012, 09:18 PM   #26
Iceskater101

iceskater101's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I don't have any examples. I really don't like to give up on the hard achievements even though I am struggling.

credits to DEG23
Iceskater101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 03:08 AM   #27
Majica8

Th3 Majica's Gamercard

Not unless you count World At War, which I don't because it's just cheap cheating AI. I could beat it but I don't have the patience to sit through all that, it's just lazy from Acti/Treyarch.

I haven't yet beaten Blur on the hardest difficulty, but I haven't tried that much and sure I will when I get in the mood to play it again.

Nothing else though, any other game I've tried to beat on the hardest difficulty I've eventually done it.

1000G/100%
MW2 - A's Creed - Pure - SC Conviction - CoD 4 - Lego Batman - Res Evil 5 - Trials - BFBC 2 - A's Creed 2 - Harm's Way - Crash Course - Alone in the Dark - Sniper GW - Kingdom for Keflings - World of Keflings - Deus Ex: HR - MW3 - Need for Speed: HP - Brink - Trials Evo - HAWX 2 - Mass Effect 3 - Op Flash DR - Minecraft - FEAR 3 - SSX - RSV2 - You're In The Movies - Halo Reach - Res Evil 6 - Dead Space 2 - Dead Space 3 - Dishonored - FarCry 3
Majica8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 03:47 AM   #28
Tsaako

tsaako's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastpitch41 View Post
I'll never finish CoD4 on Veteran. I've done most of the missions, but there are a few that I just know I won't be able to get, especially Mile High Club.
Man, I had the worst week attempting veteran, I'm actually surprised I stuck through it. I think that's what put me off difficulty related achievements. Since then, If I get into a tough spot on a game I'll just give up. I don't want to find myself stressing out like I did back then.
Tsaako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 04:06 AM   #29
CombyTing

My opinion. Some achievement which need to play with someone online is a problem. One trouble things is you need to play this game after this game release in short time ( About 3 month after release date ) because it is out of player to play with you if this game is get cold on market.
CombyTing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 04:53 AM   #30
Nevander

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Lots.
  • Homefront, too much online, too long.
  • AvP, Marine on Nightmare is too damn hard. No checkpoints is bull.
  • Quake 4, impossible online and really hard.
  • And pretty much any other game with online that's hard to boost.