PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Call of Duty: Black Ops II > Revolution
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-30-2012, 09:08 AM   #1
RecklessMatten

RecklessMatten's Gamercard
Black Ops 2: First DLC (Revolution)

Browsing through Reddit Gaming, I came across this, and in the post it stated the top of the poster said 29th January.

As you can see it is 4 maps, 1 zombies and a new gun.

I hope this is real and not fake.
Old 12-30-2012, 09:26 AM   #2
maze

ZombieMaze's Gamercard
Die Rise? Maybe its a 2025 version of the 'Der Riese' zombie-map from World at War?
I hope they keep the TranZit thing going, plus the locations within for Survival/Grief.
maze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 09:59 AM   #3
Ceris
~Kairi's Student~

Tragic Melody's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff - Guide Team   CABS Beta Tester   Community Gaming - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Ceris   Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
If that's a legit image, then Treyarch came up with a lame name for the new zombies map. The Rise? Really? And no, it's not related to Der Riese. In German, Der Riese = The Giant while Die Rise = The Rise.

Looking forward to Downhill, I've always liked Treyarch's snowy maps.

Helping Hand Award Nominations || Please disable your ad blocker for XBA!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech
An ad blocker prevents the ad from loading in the first place, and the counter is on the ad's side, not the site's. As such, an ad blocker stops the increment from going up and no revenue is generated as a result of your page views.
Ceris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 10:47 AM   #4
StayonTarget
Mr. Purple

Send a message via Skype™ to StayonTarget

TheStayonTarget's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - troy0891   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Platinum
Total Awards: 20 (more» ...)
Weapon DLC! Yay!

Thanks to Rajeanero for the sig!
StayonTarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 12:25 PM   #5
Nerdz0r

BodrumKebab's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Interested in the new weapon I must say.
Old 12-30-2012, 12:28 PM   #6
JORDAN K 95

Send a message via Skype™ to JORDAN K 95

JORDAN K 95's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
it looks legit to me.

from this pic you can see a smg pre-order! but only 1 smg?
this game lacks in weapons

and from this one it says the 29th which i guess is of january

im hoping that 'die rise' will be a better map than green run, and i hope theres no tranzit with a bus going around the map with fog and lava everywhere

and please no, NO LAVA,
green run is my least favourite map due to lava and fog, no lava and maybe some fog and i would probably enjoying playing it a lot more

Thanks for the sig Gackt

BF4 RANK:
JORDAN K 95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 01:38 PM   #7
ll Mr Bubbles ll

This maybe a coincidence but I noticed :

The image behind downhill looks like one of the snow maps from black ops 1 with the ice bridge in the middle (it was dlc I think)

Mirage looks like a map from WaW (the one with the Chinese sniper tower on the left in the map)

Grind looks like a mix of carnival from mw2 and boardwalk from mw3

Then the zombie map which sounds similar to der riese or whatever the other zombie map in WaW was but also could be a play on words as "high rise" the map from mw2 sounds similar.

Finally the SMG ? I don't think they would add one in as wasn't it once confirmed impossible to do by a treyarch staff member ? Due to coding or something. But others have found the "peacemaker" is a prototype German SMG which would fit it into the whole 2025 future aspect of this game as some assault rifles are prototype's but in the game already.

But how would it work for those without dlc? Would they be able to see and use the gun from dead bodies ? What if the SMG was OP? Those without dlc would rage at treyarch... As its an unfair advantage .

Looks legit but I'm very very skeptical, definitely about the SMG but the maps could be legit and are remakes from each of the previous games
ll Mr Bubbles ll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 01:52 PM   #8
VVh1pCr3am

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Quote:
Originally Posted by ll Mr Bubbles ll View Post
Finally the SMG ? I don't think they would add one in as wasn't it once confirmed impossible to do by a treyarch staff member ? Due to coding or something. But others have found the "peacemaker" is a prototype German SMG which would fit it into the whole 2025 future aspect of this game as some assault rifles are prototype's but in the game already.
If this image is real then the SMG is most likely already on the disc. This would allow others to see it and probably pick it up as well.
VVh1pCr3am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 01:56 PM   #9
Ham Woopan
Praisin' the Sun

Ham Woopan Jr's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   1,000 Posts   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
If they can add new weapons through DLC, this excites me.
Old 12-30-2012, 02:07 PM   #10
SolarFury

InjusticeReborn's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowraffe View Post
If they can add new weapons through DLC, this excites me.
This.

I can see it being a bonus for most of the community also. I myself use every weapom in the game, minus snipers. Every gun is usable to me, so the example I'm about to dribble in to doesn't apply, but some of the community like to stick to their guns, and pockets of those players like to stick to just SMG's, and others will stick to one or two SMG's. Only being able to prestige a weapon twice isn't a lot when you use only a few weapons, so the addition of extra weapons with DLC - providing it's a weapon one would grow to like - adds a little more 'life' to players games.

And that what DLC should be, at the end of the day.

Maps are always nice. I'm not holding my breath though. I heard with every MW3 pack that they weren't worth it, so I hope that trend doesn't trickle into this. And this if the first CoD where I have liked every vanilla map.
Old 12-30-2012, 02:13 PM   #11
jamal2807

jamal2807's Gamercard
i want kino der toten soooooooo bad
jamal2807 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 03:32 PM   #12
KCMOxRIOT MAKER

KCMOxRIOT MAKER's Gamercard
"Die Rise" could be a zombie map of Highrise???
KCMOxRIOT MAKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 03:39 PM   #13
Blackest Metal

Darth Stinkius's Gamercard
My 1st impression was that the new SMG was for Zombie mode only...dunno how I got that, maybe because its right under the new zombie map and kinda has matching text

Blackest Metal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 04:00 PM   #14
Nerdz0r

BodrumKebab's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackest Metal View Post
My 1st impression was that the new SMG was for Zombie mode only...dunno how I got that, maybe because its right under the new zombie map and kinda has matching text
If that's the case I won't be purchasing haha.

Haven't bought a map pack since WaW. At least then they where at justifiable prices.
Old 12-30-2012, 04:18 PM   #15
SolarFury

InjusticeReborn's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackest Metal View Post
I clearly got ahead of myself (I've been wanting DLC weapons in MP since the dawn of time, I mean BF3 can do it ), but this was my first thought as well (again, doesn't show).

It wasn't the fact that it was under the zombie map, or similar text, but the fact that we haven't ever had weapon DLC for MP before, and the name of the gun. It's name has that zombie mode aura about it...

*still has fingers crossed*

Old 12-30-2012, 05:37 PM   #16
WalterWhite

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
This maybe a coincidence but I noticed :

The image behind downhill looks like one of the snow maps from black ops 1 with the ice bridge in the middle (it was dlc I think)

Mirage looks like a map from WaW (the one with the Chinese sniper tower on the left in the map)

Grind looks like a mix of carnival from mw2 and boardwalk from mw3

Then the zombie map which sounds similar to der riese or whatever the other zombie map in WaW was but also could be a play on words as "high rise" the map from mw2 sounds similar.

But how would it work for those without dlc? Would they be able to see and use the gun from dead bodies ? What if the SMG was OP? Those without dlc would rage at treyarch... As its an unfair advantage .

Looks legit but I'm very very skeptical, definitely about the SMG but the maps could be legit and are remakes from each of the previous games
This is alot of wild speculation. They're not going to have their first map pack have four remakes in it and then on top of it change the names of the remade maps. As far as the gun is concerned, it's as simple as a compatibilty update, games do it all the time. Although it does seem possible it's for zombie mode.

Last edited by WalterWhite; 12-30-2012 at 07:35 PM.
WalterWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 06:24 PM   #17
JORDAN K 95

Send a message via Skype™ to JORDAN K 95

JORDAN K 95's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Quote:

IW said they were looking at weapon dlc but it would be hard to do, and also battlefield has dlc weapons. they will just include it in an update but disable it, and when you buy the dlc you get the key to unlock it

Quote:
yes, correct me if im wrong (anyone) but the correct pronunciation of
der riese would be "der reez" when most people say "der rise" which is maybe why "dead rise" sounds too similar

and also what a terrible name for a zombie map!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCMOxRIOT MAKER View Post
"Die Rise" could be a zombie map of Highrise???
highly doubt that as its an infinity ward map

Thanks for the sig Gackt

BF4 RANK:
JORDAN K 95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 06:46 PM   #18
StayonTarget
Mr. Purple

Awards Showcase Staff Club - troy0891   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Platinum
Quote:
Originally Posted by VVh1pCr3am View Post
If this image is real then the SMG is most likely already on the disc. This would allow others to see it and probably pick it up as well.
Title Update/Compatibility patch. Not everything is on the disc you know.

Old 12-30-2012, 06:54 PM   #19
VVh1pCr3am

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Quote:
Originally Posted by StayonTarget View Post
Title Update/Compatibility patch. Not everything is on the disc you know.
True but this is Activision and Cod we're talking about. I wouldn't put it past them to take the easy route out.

Really though, the only reason I said it might already be on the disc was due to either IW/Treyarch saying before that it would be too hard to add weapons in DLC. It'd be easier to have it already on the disc locked away until it's time to release them.

Last edited by VVh1pCr3am; 12-30-2012 at 06:58 PM.
VVh1pCr3am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 07:24 PM   #20
Ceris
~Kairi's Student~

Tragic Melody's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff - Guide Team   CABS Beta Tester   Community Gaming - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Ceris   Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JORDAN K 95 View Post
yes, correct me if im wrong (anyone) but the correct pronunciation of
der riese would be "der reez" when most people say "der rise" which is maybe why "dead rise" sounds too similar

and also what a terrible name for a zombie map!
You're right. Der Riese is pronounced Dare Reez while Die Rise would be pronounced Dee Risa.

And agreed, that's a horrible name.

Helping Hand Award Nominations || Please disable your ad blocker for XBA!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech
An ad blocker prevents the ad from loading in the first place, and the counter is on the ad's side, not the site's. As such, an ad blocker stops the increment from going up and no revenue is generated as a result of your page views.
Ceris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 08:19 PM   #21
StayonTarget
Mr. Purple

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVh1pCr3am View Post
True but this is Activision and Cod we're talking about. I wouldn't put it past them to take the easy route out.

Really though, the only reason I said it might already be on the disc was due to either IW/Treyarch saying before that it would be too hard to add weapons in DLC. It'd be easier to have it already on the disc locked away until it's time to release them.
Adding extra weapons isn't hard to do. Take Borderlands for example. Hundreds of new guns added in each DLC. All you need is the compatibility pack to be in other people's games. I have no clue why they said it was difficult.

I can't think of anything that has been disc locked in Cod except for titles/emblems like the Hardened Edition ones.

Old 12-30-2012, 10:35 PM   #22
WalterEdison

It's about time, thought they would have had one out around the new year
WalterEdison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 11:17 PM   #23
B4rtt S

B4rtt S's Gamercard
I am looking forward to the new zombies map
B4rtt S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 11:20 PM   #24
JeremyVersion1

JeremyVersion1's Gamercard

I'll take the SMG but I'm not concerned with new maps.

JeremyVersion1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 11:58 PM   #25
xTwiistsx

Im Michaael's Gamercard
Must say absolute buzzing for zombies
xTwiistsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 03:06 AM   #26
Ninja Eagle

Captain Cotchy's Gamercard

I guess this is gonna run me 1200 points? I'm only interested in the achievements and the Zambies. Yes, zambies!!!

Ninja Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 03:19 AM   #27
trail blazer

IronFistNoLegs's Gamercard
i wonder is if the new smg will mes up my diamond camo?
Old 12-31-2012, 04:14 AM   #28
JeremyVersion1

JeremyVersion1's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by trail blazer View Post
i wonder is if the new smg will mes up my diamond camo?
Nah, can't see why they would do that to people.

JeremyVersion1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 08:15 AM   #29
Fedeguitar

Fedeguitar's Gamercard
I only buy the season pass for the zombies maps, i dont care de multiplayer maps.
I think the dlc trailer is coming...
Fedeguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 05:12 PM   #30
xXmyxxmastaXx

xXmyxxmastaXx's Gamercard

BF3 adds weapons all the time,all it takes is a patch, forced update.