PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Windows 8 Games > Puzzle and Word > Minesweeper
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-30-2012, 09:02 PM   #1
Corrupt.
Guide Team Lead/Moderator

Corrupt XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff - Moderator   Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Platinum   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 1   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Achievement Guide - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold
Total Awards: 48 (more» ...)
Red face Any tips

I know this may seem very straightforward to most, but I am utter shit at this game. Any tips or is it as it seems, just trial and error...

D'oh! Just take a picture of the end result then play the same game again. Done.

Last edited by Corrupt.; 01-02-2013 at 01:45 AM.
Corrupt. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 11:59 PM   #2
l Zleek l

Dr Zleek's Gamercard
What in particular are you looking for? general strategy or tips? I'm not sure of your knowledge of the rules or whatever so I don't want to seem like a condescending a-hole lol.

2 things that help me a lot-

1) When you start a game, if you see a blank square (white but no numbers in it) that means every square connected to it (up/down, left/right, and all diagonals) has no mines in it. continue clicking on every square connected to it and it should clear out a good chunk of space or at least pop up a bunch of numbered blocks.

2) When you find a mine, realized that every numbered block connected to it that mine counts. For examples, let's say you have a 3*3 cube and a mine is in the middle. let's also say that every square on the outside of that little cube only have a 1. that means the '1' is the mine in the middle, and every square connected to the ones are empty, because that 1 is the mine in the middle. This is why you want to find a lot of squares with 1 so it's easier to guess.
l Zleek l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 10:01 PM   #3
Sertoria

Sertoria's Gamercard
A bit late, but... I can't really offer any tips, other than just telling you not to rush it. It's all luck in the first few moves, whether you get any tiles that reveal anything about potential mines around them, and I've even been so unlucky as to click on a mine with the very first click, haha.

You'll pick it up with practice. Try copying down the tiles onto a piece of paper and then imagining there was a mine in each position, and whether or not it makes sense considering the other numbers. Trial and error. =]
Sertoria is offline   Reply With Quote