PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Discussion Boards > Games
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-03-2013, 04:03 PM   #31
the emcee

the emcee's Gamercard
Alpha protocol is a pretty good game the story and choices you have to make are really well written and the gameplay can be great fun at times. Sure it has glitches and the graphics are pony, but its definitely underrated imo.

Agree with the bourne game, enjoyed that a lot.
the emcee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 04:59 PM   #32
Iceskater101

iceskater101's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by the emcee View Post
Alpha protocol is a pretty good game the story and choices you have to make are really well written and the gameplay can be great fun at times. Sure it has glitches and the graphics are pony, but its definitely underrated imo.

Agree with the bourne game, enjoyed that a lot.
The bourne game really wasn't that bad.. I mean it was a pretty fun game, I still have a few achievements to gain from the game, I might go back to it sometime.

credits to DEG23
Iceskater101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 05:09 PM   #33
Crimson Ridley

Awards Showcase Subscriber - Bronze   Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Platinum   Staff Club - dakisbac   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev0Knuckle View Post
I feel totally ambivalent towards Deadly Premonition. On the one hand the story and ingenuity shown in some sections were amazing, it put shame to a lot of AAA games with some of it's ideas. But on the other hand the controls were crap, the graphics awful and the gameplay very repetitive. Argh is it good or is it that bad that it's good!? I just can't decide.
The only repetition I found in the gameplay was during the "shadow" segments. For the rest of the game, I didn't find it repetitive, due to the amount of side missions you could do.

The controls weren't terrible, as there has been far worse. However, the shooting mechanics were shocking, so I only ever used the Infinite Wrench!

The beauty in the game comes from the fact that they have created a very low budget game that can capture hearts and minds like most AAA titles could never hope to accomplish. A playthrough of Deadly Premonition will stay with you, if you choose to open your mind to it, and rethink exactly what makes a powerful game.
Crimson Ridley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:55 PM   #34
Rev0Knuckle

Rev0Knuckle's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callum x360a View Post
The only repetition I found in the gameplay was during the "shadow" segments. For the rest of the game, I didn't find it repetitive, due to the amount of side missions you could do.

The controls weren't terrible, as there has been far worse. However, the shooting mechanics were shocking, so I only ever used the Infinite Wrench!

The beauty in the game comes from the fact that they have created a very low budget game that can capture hearts and minds like most AAA titles could never hope to accomplish. A playthrough of Deadly Premonition will stay with you, if you choose to open your mind to it, and rethink exactly what makes a powerful game.
Can't argue with anything you say there. My controls criticism was aimed at the shooting (see what I did there!?).

The story has definitely stayed with me like few other games have, in fact Deus Ex: HR is the only other game's story I can remember as vividly as I do Deadly Premonition's.

Still couldn't face doing another play through though!
Old 01-03-2013, 08:09 PM   #35
TheShadowKws84

TheShadowKws84's Gamercard
My vote goes to F.E.A.R. First Encounter Assault Recon. This series doesn't receive enough credit/recognition.

http://www.facebook.com/mrjones1984
TheShadowKws84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:09 AM   #36
raptscallion

Raptscallion's Gamercard
hmm I'd normally go with KoA: Reckoning or Bulletstorm; but then I'd be forgetting Shadows of the Damned..............I actually had to check my achievements list to remind myself of it.
raptscallion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:28 AM   #37
Andreas_loel

mr fiskeh's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatalDeathSG45 View Post
The most under-rated game I own is Sacred 2: Fallen Angel. It looks complicated at first, but give it a few hours, and you'll be pulled in! I'm only around Level 74 on it (the level cap is 200!) but I enjoy it so much I don't mind playing it through, since next to Torchlight it's the closest we'll ever get to Diablo for XBOX 360
I love you

Youtube
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrDoggson
Andreas_loel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 12:46 PM   #38
eragon3443
Banned User

SpecOperations9's Gamercard
Lost planet series and MoH series are quite underrated. My friend couldnt get past the first level on the first LP, so I made it my gpal to beat the game, and I did! it was a pain, but I really enjoyed playing it. Lost Planet 2 Was more fun IMO, but I couldnt really understand its tie in to the first.
eragon3443 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 01:50 PM   #39
master_shake_350

Send a message via MSN to master_shake_350 Send a message via Skype™ to master_shake_350

a box of fish's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Blur, it came out the same time split-second did and it got shoved in the ground!
Old 01-15-2013, 03:17 PM   #40
Barad
Reading 50 Shades of Grey

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891   Micro Guide - Silver   Road Map - Platinum   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Gold   15,000 Posts
Total Awards: 18 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by master_shake_350 View Post
Blur
This x10

One of the most enjoyable mutliplayer racers I've ever played.

**Work of Jardinho**
Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 03:27 PM   #41
Deadsea 18

Deadsea 1993's Gamercard
Scarface:The World is yours. 100%ed it on PS2 many times. I love the Scarface movie but the ending sucked lets face it. In a ballsy move (No pun intended ha ha) The Game developers made the game were What if Tony survived the onslaught,quit Coke to get clean,and regretted all of his foolish moves he did and said that caused his loved ones to be killed. You could change how your mansion looked like from the inside,buy cool stuff and place in your mansion anyway you wanted it,do coke missions for money then launder it in the bank so if you die you do not lose any money. You started out with small time dealers then moved onto bigger dealers for more product/cash. You could travel to Jamaica by boat. On Drug running you had to worry about pirates,then in Miami the Coast Guard. The story was Tony takes revenge on all the ''bad guys'' from the movie. The ending was satisfying.

I give it a 9.7/10 to this day many don't even know about it.

Check out my alternative rock music. If you like it spread the word it would really help me out.

https://soundcloud.com/soundwasteland
Deadsea 18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 03:32 PM   #42
JimCant

JimCant's Gamercard
I would say Ghostbusters...it is a really fun game, not too hard and the achievements are pretty good. It has a great story mode. They have a good mix (though some online achievements may be glitched for you) I loved Ghostbusters 1 and 2 movies and this ties in really well as a 3rd movie kind of.

JimCant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 01:40 AM   #43
Iceskater101

iceskater101's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Quote:
Originally Posted by master_shake_350 View Post
Blur, it came out the same time split-second did and it got shoved in the ground!
I remember playing the demo for this game and I thought it looked so freaking cool. Mario Brothers meets Real Cars. I didn't have enough money to buy this game though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimCant View Post
I would say Ghostbusters...it is a really fun game, not too hard and the achievements are pretty good. It has a great story mode. They have a good mix (though some online achievements may be glitched for you) I loved Ghostbusters 1 and 2 movies and this ties in really well as a 3rd movie kind of.
I like this game too, it's been a while since I had seen the movie, but I thought this game was kind of fun. I still have a lot of things left to do in this game, but this was definitely an enjoyable game!

credits to DEG23
Iceskater101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:49 AM   #44
Ethiebeefy

Ethiebeefy's Gamercard
Alan Wake.

One of the most under-rated games I've played.

Loved every second of it, The story was great, The atmosphere of the setting of the game. The setting of the game actually made it seem like you were actually in a Television show. Overall it's one the best games I played EVER!

(The last paragraph was copy & pasted from another thread).
Old 01-16-2013, 04:47 PM   #45
hydrosugar

xFightingSaintx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts
This underrated is easier for me than the reviews underrated. For me it has to be Blur. Probably the best online multiplayer I have ever played. Great concept, endless fun. I played the online mode so far past getting all the online achievements, and there were a lot of them.
Old 01-17-2013, 07:52 AM   #46
SilentStrike011

Quote:
Originally Posted by shazza124 View Post
Some games don't have their deserved publicity that they should have. I think the most under-rated game I have is Flatout: Ultimate Carnage. Great racing game, nice graphics and you smash into other cars!
That exact game. I picked it up cheap and spent a lot of time on it, it's like the Trials games but with cars and more stunt games yet most of the people I talk to have never heard of it.
Old 01-17-2013, 08:38 AM   #47
Pain Immortal

Pain Immortal's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexdavex View Post
Star Wars The Force Unleashed 2. First game was better, but this one was still quite a good game. Hope theres gonna be TFU3!
Word!
TFU1 + 2 are both i think under-rated but their awesome games!
also hope there will be a TFU3. Just wait, hope and wish
Old 01-17-2013, 08:39 AM   #48
DOOKH8R

DOOKH8R's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Over Achiever - Bronze   Staff Club - Minty   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 4   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Phantasy Star Universe (when the servers were still up)
Old 01-17-2013, 09:20 AM   #49
Nevander

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Painkiller and Serious Sam. Nobody seems to really know what they are or even like them. They don't know what they're missing, probably too busy playing CoD (Children's Online Daycare, what I call it now).

Signature by Gackt. Click it to visit the Classic FPS Gamers x360a social group!
Random friend requests or invites sent with no message will be deleted.
I have moved to PC gaming for the most part, so I won't be on Xbox LIVE much anymore.
Nevander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:04 AM   #50
KillerBEA
I am a Dragon apparently

Send a message via Skype™ to KillerBEA

KillerBEA XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Fight Club Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff - Community and Events Team   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - KillerBEA   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Family Corner Challenge Club - Tier 1   Subscriber - Bronze   Road Map - Platinum
Total Awards: 25 (more» ...)
Quantum of Solace

Particularly the multiplayer, I was blown away at how fun it was. I only even tried it because it had achievements attached to it, but of the community still existed in even a slightly better force then its is now I would still play a couple matches every now and then.

History Channel Civil War a nation divided and secret missions

These games are so much fun. Yeah they are not high quality productions but they are still a blast to play.
KillerBEA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 09:32 PM   #51
Deadsea 18

Deadsea 1993's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevander View Post
Painkiller and Serious Sam. Nobody seems to really know what they are or even like them. They don't know what they're missing, probably too busy playing CoD (Children's Online Daycare, what I call it now).

Scarface The World is yours. So much cool stuff you could do.

Quoting Nevander. I've noticed you hate on COD every single post yet have all achivements in like every COD game. Does not compute. Why play a series you hate even for achivements. I don't play COD anymore for any reason,only Liked World at War.

World at war was underrated people were like LOL IW is better this is poor mans COD that Treyarch made in World at war. But I loved World at War because it was nitty gritty in your face no brainwashing bullshit,jumping out of a skyscraper while parachuting then drop down ontop of a guy slit his throat and leave the area as fast as possible.

Check out my alternative rock music. If you like it spread the word it would really help me out.

Old 01-18-2013, 10:57 PM   #52
Nevergraf

Nevergraf's Gamercard
Talking

Import Tuner Challenge, (alternatively, the entire Tokyo Extreme Racer series), is highly under-rated. I love the game for making you involved with your 'quest to be the best' because most racers just give you a 'race track 1, then track 2, then time trial on track 1 etc.' experience. I feel ITC is different, the racing is all on highways which is really addictive, and if you take the time to read all the dialogue, the story keeps an in-depth perspective that other games just don't have. Every single driver has their own biography, too! lol Plus, you could customize almost every aspect (aerodynamics, interior, tuning, etc.) of your vehicle, which seems to not be in any games anymore. Since there probably won't be a sequel (wish there would be), I hope Rockstar brings out a new Midnight Club soon! or something new would be fresh and interesting to the racing genre.

With Love!
Nevergraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 11:08 AM   #53
Nevander

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadsea 18 View Post
Quoting Nevander. I've noticed you hate on COD every single post yet have all achivements in like every COD game. Does not compute. Why play a series you hate even for achivements. I don't play COD anymore for any reason,only Liked World at War.

World at war was underrated people were like LOL IW is better this is poor mans COD that Treyarch made in World at war. But I loved World at War because it was nitty gritty in your face no brainwashing bullshit,jumping out of a skyscraper while parachuting then drop down ontop of a guy slit his throat and leave the area as fast as possible.
Because it's the MP that I hate. The SP and zombies/spec-ops is always okay and tolerable for me. I always do the achievements because they are always mainly for those modes. That's how it computes.

Signature by Gackt. Click it to visit the Classic FPS Gamers x360a social group!
Random friend requests or invites sent with no message will be deleted.
I have moved to PC gaming for the most part, so I won't be on Xbox LIVE much anymore.
Nevander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 11:43 AM   #54
Death Metal Jim

Death Metal Jim's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - bplayak   Staff Club - Kairi   Staff Club - Yunder   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Definitely The Saboteur. This game is criminally underrated. If you like sandbox games, or even action adventure in general, you'll love this game. It has all the awesome features you'd expect, like a good storyline, fun side missions, good soundtrack, likeable characters, hell there's even platforming ala Assassins Creed. I loved everything about this game and was sad to find out that the developers who made it are no more (this was their last game).

There are tons of others as well. Games like Red Faction: Guerrilla, Sacred 2, Two Worlds, Overlord, Dante's Inferno, Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine, and Hunted: The Demons Forge. The Saboteur is still the most underrated of them all though IMO.
Death Metal Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 04:01 AM   #55
Deadsea 18

Deadsea 1993's Gamercard
Medal of honor 2010. Had the best sp since rising sun. Yet only got a 7 out of 10 by way too many reviewers. Love the sp but the online was awful. Gave it a chance a few times could not get into it. They should have made it more battlefield like making it a hybrid bf cod game ruined it for me. So all I have left is online achievements in the game. Maybe I'll boost one day who knows its doubtful though as there's so many good games coming out every year

Last edited by Deadsea 18; 01-20-2013 at 04:03 AM.
Old 01-20-2013, 10:53 AM   #56
Melt1ng 1ce

melt1ng 1ce's Gamercard
Imo, a game that had little hype but was fantastic was saboteur. Underrated at launch, and its the best open world game ever
Melt1ng 1ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 03:47 PM   #57
Jakez123

Jakez123's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Over Achiever - Gold   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Three Lives Remaining - Winner   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - Ceris   Staff Club - The Pants Party   Ambassador 1x1 Competition - First Place   XBA Promoter   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Submit - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
Mirror's Edge, the game a different feel to it, I definitely want a second one to come out.
Old 01-21-2013, 12:30 AM   #58
J.Waddo

WaDiNhO x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   Donator - Level 2   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   FIFA/Madden Subscribers Tourn. - First Place   3 on 3 NHL Arcade Subscribers Tourn. First Place   Call of Duty: WaW Subscribers Tourn. - Runner Up   x360a Book Club   1,000 Posts   Road Map - Bronze   Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Clive Barker's Jericho - Really enjoyed this game, but a lot of people automatically assumed it would be rubbish as the full 1000g can be acquired quite quickly, so people obviously turned to the 'popular' shooters like COD, or Battlefield.

Civilization Revolution - Never really played a strategy game before but I really enjoyed this too. No as serious as other similar games I've played since and I had a lot of fun with it.

J.Waddo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 12:42 AM   #59
Deadsea 18

Deadsea 1993's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakez123 View Post
Mirror's Edge, the game a different feel to it, I definitely want a second one to come out.
Hell yeah loved the demo. Play Stone free by jimi Hendrix while playing that game you would think that song should have been in the game. Will pick that game up someday. Sad that it was confirmed no sequel would be made cause of sell issues. Damn EA

Old 01-21-2013, 01:07 AM   #60
MR T SOPRANO

MR T SOPRANO's Gamercard
Loved Blur, great game!!

I know recently they have lost their appeal but NFS: The Run was pretty decent