PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Saints Row: The Third
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-02-2013, 10:40 AM   #1
Banky007

Question DLC from The Full Package keeps uninstalling itself

I install everything on the install disc.. then i redeemed my online pass.. that went through ok. i tried to go back to my game and it said that my DLC was missing! so i go to the main menu and i look at all the installed stuff and it's gone!! so i had to put the install disk in again > what's going on!!??
Banky007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 04:39 AM   #2
davhuit

HieiTF76's Gamercard
I bought it and I thought that if I would redeem the Online Pass in the game, after the DLCs, it would brought some problems. Seems I was right, so I did another way personally.

Maybe thoses explanation from Amazon.co.uk can help you :

Someone said :

Quote:
While Saints Row the Third is an amazing game, the Full Package on the other hand is badly made and buggy as hell. The full edition is perfect for those who don't want to make use of the online features, but if you do want to play online, don't get this version. There is a bug in the game that if you try and download the Online Pass after installing all the DLC, it will remove the majority of the DLC from the game. If you then try and reinstall the DLC from the disk, it uninstalls the online pass. THQ are too lazy to patch this and have instead posted a solution on the forums that requires you to keep a memory stick in the console all the time.
Here's what I answered (and which might help you) :

Quote:
I didn't got any problems but I didn't do it that way.

Here's how I did, it might interest some people who do not want to screw up the installation :

1) Don't run the game yet, stay on the XBOX 360 Dashboard and choose "Redeem a code". Enter the code of the Online Pass and download it.
2) Install the DLC disc (disc 1).
3) Run the game with the game disc (disc 2).
4) Choose Coop. The game will say you don't have the Online Pass, it just because you have to activate it again once in the game menus. Choose the option to redownload it (it won't ask you to pay as you already "bought" it on the XBOX 360 dashboard thanks to the code) and then the Online Pass will be activated, and you will still have all the DLCs installed.
5) Enjoy the game

@Oli Gilbert : In your situation, I would just erase all the contents of the game from the hard drive, then follow the method I described earlier. Even if you didn't used the code on the dashboard but in the game, I suppose you'll still be allowed to download it again for free.

The DLCs from the disc don't seem to be linked with the gamertag anyway so if you still have some problems once the Online pass is downloaded , here's what you might do :

1) Transfer the 4 DLCs files from the storage file menu on a USB key/hard drive (the DLCs are just files that are installed on the hard drive, like when you download them).
2) Erase all the contents of the game from the hard drive.
3) Run the game disc and download the Online Pass again.
4) Exit the game, transfer the 4 DLCs files from your USB key/hard drive to the XBOX 360, then restart the game. Then it should logically detect the DLCs and the Online pass.
Hope it can help you.
Old 01-03-2013, 10:41 AM   #3
StarDreamer99

StarDreamer99's Gamercard
I have the same problem. I re-installed the DLC and won't be playing co-op again. Not worth the hassle.
StarDreamer99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:13 PM   #4
davhuit

HieiTF76's Gamercard
Playing co-op mode without any problems here, I didn't expected the netcode to work that good (got several problems when I played the co-op mode in the previous game), playing like 8 hours and didn't got any problems or disconnection yet.

Anyway, the DLCs are just regular files installed on the hard drive so if someone really have a problem once the online pass is activated, you just need to copy them on an USB Drive before activating it, then copy them back on your hard drive.

Personally the only little problem (which isn't one in fact) is that the game asked me to download the online pass in-game though I had already downloaded it on the dashboard, I did it and then it worked like a charm.

Last edited by davhuit; 01-16-2013 at 04:15 PM.
davhuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 05:49 AM   #5
Hiei-

I found an interesting thing. If you try to download the three main DLCs and the Online Pass from the XBOX Live, of course you'll be asked to pay them.

But if you go in "Download Content" menu (in-game), you can choose the DLCs and download them for free.

Start the downloads, it should take a few seconds for each.

Now, if you go to the "Buy history", you can download them for free without the need of the disc.

So for people who have problems, do that then delete everything (except your saves) from your hard drive and redownload everything from the XBOX Live and it should be okay.

Last edited by Hiei-; 02-06-2013 at 05:56 AM.
Hiei- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 10:13 PM   #6
DamagedWill

Send a message via AIM to DamagedWill

DamagedWill's Gamercard
Does the online pass bug disable the add on DLCs like "Genki, Gangstas or Clones" or is it just the various packs that they released?
Old 07-15-2013, 09:52 PM   #7
DecadentBeaver

DecadentBeaver's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Is the dlc on disc then and not a one time use only code? I'm not bothered about playing online as I just want the dlc for it.

Looking for people to join me in an epic Minecraft build once again. Its in creative, so if you are interested, message me for details.
DecadentBeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 06:28 PM   #8
Raining Light

Decaying Light's Gamercard
So if I don't care about co-op or any online play ill be ok?
Never mind lol.

I've downloaded the story stuff but it doesn't show up in my storage.
But the game says its downloaded and installed.

Last edited by Raining Light; 08-18-2013 at 09:39 PM.
Raining Light is offline   Reply With Quote