PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Halo 4 > Spartan Ops
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-02-2013, 06:08 PM   #1
itsjustme

Chapter for getting fastest exp in Ep. 3

Hey everyone!

Since Episode 3 is open for coop-games now, I wonder which of the 5 chapters gives the most exp/hour? Any ideas?
itsjustme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 07:47 PM   #2
wheelaa

wheelaa1's Gamercard
Assuming you are actively playing (ie 8+ kills) in 3-4 person lobbies, 8 mins 30 seconds of game time nets you the max XP on offer. Any time above that spent in one game nets you no more XP.

So for me it's the second chapter which I can usually get through in public (ie randoms) in less than 8:30. All the others (save the 5th) take me 10+ minutes usually so that's time wasted in an XP gaining sense.

(Tbh I'm so nonplussed with H4, I'm not sure why I'm going for SR130 haha. Oh well, almost there I guess (107).)
Old 01-02-2013, 08:12 PM   #3
itsjustme

Thanks a lot!
IŽll sure go for some runs tonight.

Just one more question:
Can you do as many runs in a row as you want? (i.e. till u reach the daily exp cap)
I remember someone saying theyŽll cut off exp if you do too many runs in a row without playing war games.
Old 01-02-2013, 09:26 PM   #4
wheelaa

wheelaa1's Gamercard
I don't think so (but with 343i you never know hah).

I've been whoring the legendary XP boost in SO over Christmas, and received XP every game in numerous 3-5 hour SO exclusive sessions.
Old 01-02-2013, 10:56 PM   #5
itsjustme

Yeah, youŽre right. Played like 15 games now with no limitation at all.
Thanks for the chapter 2 hint again. Works just great.
(My best time was 4m 45s lol)
Old 01-03-2013, 01:04 AM   #6
Hishoa

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsjustme View Post
(My best time was 4m 45s lol)
.. you don't get more XP for the quicker you finish the match. To get max XP the game must last at least 8m30s. If you're finishing the match 3+ minutes early, you're just shooting yourself in the foot, as you'll spend much more time waiting for a match than if you maximized your XP output.

I over-achieve and laze about in my matches to make sure the ending time is around 8m30s and get max XP (~17000) each and every time.
Hishoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:38 AM   #7
itsjustme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hishoa View Post
.. you don't get more XP for the quicker you finish the match. To get max XP the game must last at least 8m30s. If you're finishing the match 3+ minutes early, you're just shooting yourself in the foot, as you'll spend much more time waiting for a match than if you maximized your XP output.

I over-achieve and laze about in my matches to make sure the ending time is around 8m30s and get max XP (~17000) each and every time.
Yeah I know what you mean. I just wanted to stress how fast you can finish this chapter and how good it is for boosting exp.
IŽm now trying to get the perfect timing and end the chapter at 8,5 minutes.
Most of the time I start by rushing to the mission objectives and finish them. IŽll try to get my 8+ kills by then. After that I just sit back and let the other three guys do the rest.
This way IŽm getting pretty close to 8,5 minutes most of the time.
But this is pretty much what youŽve said in your last sentence I guess.^^
Old 01-03-2013, 02:25 AM   #8
Hishoa

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsjustme View Post
Most of the time I start by rushing to the mission objectives and finish them. IŽll try to get my 8+ kills by then. After that I just sit back and let the other three guys do the rest.
This way IŽm getting pretty close to 8,5 minutes most of the time.
But this is pretty much what youŽve said in your last sentence I guess.^^
Well, to be more specific, if I see that another player is AFK-ing or has quit/lagged out of the match, I'll play the match normally in a way where we'll end around the 8m30s mark as I think it would be a pretty big asshole move if you made two players do the entire chapter themselves on Legendary. If everyone is playing competently (or even moving along at a faster pace than I hoped), I'll either AFK or just mess around in an effort to prolong the match to the ideal limit; this is of course after I get at least 8 kills.
Hishoa is offline   Reply With Quote