Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Announcements
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-02-2013, 08:22 PM   #1
Creech
Administrator

Send a message via Skype™ to Creech

Just Creech's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   Staff - Administrator   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Andrew x360a   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Micro Guide - Gold   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Road Map - Emerald   CABS Beta Tester   Artist of the Month   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1
Total Awards: 38 (more» ...)
Welcome to some new staff!

As we head into a new year that is going to be full of change for the site, I would like to introduce some new additions to the team that keeps the wheels churning!

We recently asked members who might be interested in helping out, and received a LOT of very qualified and clearly enthusiastic people throwing applications at us in the parking lot. Okay, in the forums, but you get the picture. We received far more applications than we actually have work for, so the current staff sat down and tried to pick not just the best applicants, but the ones who would best fill existing - or newly discovered - holes in the current teams. For those who applied and did not get chosen, all I can say is that the competition was fierce and to please apply the next time around. I don't remember seeing a single application where I said to myself, "This person couldn't do the job." It was all a matter of finding the best possible fit.

So, without further ado, here you are!

New additions to the Maximum Clubs:
Deekboy

New additions to the Guide Team:
The Deadly Dog
DEG23
Kairi
TemporalWizard
Yunder

New Collectibles Guide Team (headed by Tyger, part of the guide team but different duties)
Never Final (you may remember him as Kalscension, just did a name change)
Shiftie
Ceris

x360a Representer Contact
Jappe x360a

Congratulations to all!! (now get to work!)

Awake, Alert, & Enthusiastic!
The Silicon Rule: If the product is free, then you are the product.
Creech is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:28 PM   #2
Skorpion XBA
Brick Breaker

Skorpion XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 3   2,500 Posts   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Green Thumb - Platinum   Staff Club - Tyger7   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Achievement Guide - Silver
Total Awards: 34 (more» ...)
Congrats everyone! Looking at the names I've seen everyone in the forums and I think their positions are well deserved.
Old 01-02-2013, 08:28 PM   #3
Grifter Reborn
CET Leader & Mod

Send a message via Skype™ to Grifter Reborn

Grifter x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Emerald   Staff - Moderator   CABS Beta Tester   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff - Community and Events Team   x360a Representer   Road Map - Bronze   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Definitely happy for each of you. Well deserved. Good luck with the new workload!

So would felicitations work as a substitute for congratulations here?

Last edited by Grifter Reborn; 01-03-2013 at 02:39 AM. Reason: Damn auto-correct
Grifter Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:31 PM   #4
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Congrats guys and gals on the new positions! Top choices.

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Burnout x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:34 PM   #5
Corrupt.
Lapsed Completionist

Corrupt XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Achievement Guide - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 2   Staff - Guide Team   Green Thumb - Gold   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - Tyger7
Total Awards: 44 (more» ...)
Congrats guys. Bit disappointed I wasn't picked myself but well done to those who were!
Old 01-02-2013, 08:46 PM   #6
Nozza XBA

SnozzyBear's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Road Map - Platinum   Micro Guide - Silver   Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 3   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 14 (more» ...)
Congrats to everyone. It was a tough choice because all applicants were worthy, but sadly we can't have you all... For now!

See you around the forum!
Old 01-02-2013, 08:57 PM   #7
Crimson Ridley

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Platinum   Staff Club - dakisbac   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Congrats guys! I probably couldn't do the job any way.

Many thanks to Cpt Slaugh7er (xboxachievements.com) for the signature!

My xba account: Crimson Ridley
My PSN account: CrimsonRidley

R.I.P. to the most wonderful person to have ever lived; my Nanna. 03/11/1932 - 06/10/2013. You will be forever remembered, and forever missed. I love you so much.
Crimson Ridley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:05 PM   #8
HadMatters13
Mod/Maximum Clubs' Jester

Send a message via Skype™ to HadMatters13

Madhatters13's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff - Moderator   CABS Beta Tester   Over Achiever - Bronze   Staff Club - Madhatters13   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 4   1,000 Posts   Staff - Maximum Clubs Director   Forza 3 Subscribers Tournament- Winner   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   GSL 8 Winners   Castle Crashers Subscribers Tourn. - Second Place
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
Congratulations all on your new positions. Nice to see my Casually Motivated buddy, Deadly Dog join the guide team.

Good luck everyone with your new positions and all the best for the year ahead.

~ Thanks to troy for the innocent looking hamster! ~
~ I'm Radioactive! Radioactive! || Shiny orange MCD awards! ~
~ Swashbucklin' Diplomas for all || Xbox One Points Breakdown || Tales from the Jester's tower ~

Last edited by HadMatters13; 01-02-2013 at 09:11 PM.
HadMatters13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:09 PM   #9
Jappe XBA

Send a message via Skype™ to Jappe XBA

Jappe XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   GSL 12 Winner   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Donator - Level 3   Submit - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Silver   Staff Club - Jappe x360a   Staff Club - Minty
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
Whoa, thanks for the opportunity guys Congrats for the new guide team members, starting collectibles team and Deekboy for the maximum clubs spot! Hope we will have a good year!
Jappe XBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:21 PM   #10
bplayak
Maximum Club's King & Super Mod

bplayak's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff - Super Moderator   Staff - Maximum Clubs Director   CABS Beta Tester   Staff Club - troy0891   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Silver   Donator - Level 5   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - bplayak   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 13 (more» ...)
Congratulations you guys and welcome to the staff!!! Lots of great applications!!! Anyone that didn't get chosen, stick it out, you never know when your time will come!!!

Creech's workhorse!
Feel free to Follow me on Xbox One!
Follow me on Twitter!
bplayak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:48 PM   #11
Never Final

Never Final's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - troy0891   Staff Club - Never Final   Over Achiever - Silver   Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Thanks for the opportunity to be apart of it all. I applied for both the Maximums club and the Collectible Guide Team. Wasnt sure which I was going to be chosen for or if at all. Hopefully my future guides will be sufficient and I always welcome constructive criticism.

Need help with an online achievement? If I got the game Ill help. Just PM me.
COMPLETED: 108 - RETAIL: 62 - ARCADE: 21 - WP7: 15 - W8: 8 - OTHER: 2
Last Completed: Fighting Vipers(XBLA)
Never Final is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:20 PM   #12
Spanish Assault

Send a message via Skype™ to Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
<--- Me being sad cause I wasn't picked.

Congrats to all....good luck with your new tasks!!
Old 01-02-2013, 10:24 PM   #13
Spade.
A La Rev

Send a message via Skype™ to Spade.

Jacob XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Minty   Subscriber - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Ambassador 1x1 Competition - Second Place
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
A big congrats to all those who made it!
Old 01-02-2013, 10:41 PM   #14
kaleido42
CET

Send a message via Skype™ to kaleido42

kaleido42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - kaleido42   Community Gaming - Gold   Submit - Diamond   Donator - Level 5   Staff - Community and Events Team   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 2   2,500 Posts   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Subscriber - Platinum
Total Awards: 18 (more» ...)
Wow, that's a lot of new people. I take pity on you all

Congrats everyone!

Thanks for the sig Rajeanero!
kaleido42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:54 PM   #15
Gackt
Banned User

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Gackt   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   SOTF Winner   GSL 8 Winners   The Helping Hand   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   Artist of the Month
Congrats guys.
Gackt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:03 PM   #16
Kairi
Guide and Award Staff

Send a message via Skype™ to Kairi

Kairi x360's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Silver   Staff - Guide Team   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Silver   CABS Beta Tester   Green Thumb - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze
Total Awards: 21 (more» ...)
Thank you for selecting me and giving me a chance to help out the x360a community more; I am very happy and excited to be a new Guide Team member! I'll make sure I get to work very soon! ;P Also, congratulations to all of the others who got chosen as well! I think that everyone really deserves the positions they have, and I wish everyone good luck with their jobs!

I don't mind. Forget it. There's nothing to lose
But my mind and all the things I wanted

Kairi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:27 PM   #17
Foxxy kyle

Foxxy Kyle's Gamercard

Awards Showcase You ARE the Controller Challenge Club - Tier 1   Road Map - Platinum   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Silver   XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts   Achievement Guide - Gold   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   A+ Thread Award   Bright Idea
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
Damn....

Dont think this will stop me writing more guides.

I shall continue, and you haven't seen the last of me.

Last edited by Foxxy kyle; 01-02-2013 at 11:33 PM. Reason: reworded
Foxxy kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:40 PM   #18
StayonTarget
The Sum of All Zeroes

Send a message via Skype™ to StayonTarget

TheStayonTarget's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Platinum   Subscriber - Bronze   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Minty
Congrats to the new staff. You'd better not disappoint!

I hate to come off as a dick but did Deekboy even apply? Was there some sort of under the table dealings going on?
LINK
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
Like Barad. That damn spammer.
StayonTarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:59 PM   #19
Stufin135

Send a message via MSN to Stufin135

tbs stufin135's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Gold
I never even think to look at staff vacancies around here, might have to keep an eye for the next time. You know because it's good to be disappointed every now and again.

Anyway congrats to all the noobies. Now quit slacking!!

Stufin135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:01 AM   #20
Dog Face

In Marshall's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Congrats to everyone.
Dog Face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:10 AM   #21
Creech
Administrator

Just Creech's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   Staff - Administrator   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Andrew x360a   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Micro Guide - Gold   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Road Map - Emerald   CABS Beta Tester   Artist of the Month   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by StayonTarget View Post
Congrats to the new staff. You'd better not disappoint!

I hate to come off as a dick but did Deekboy even apply? Was there some sort of under the table dealings going on?
LINK
As a former staff member, his application was received separately.

Old 01-03-2013, 12:14 AM   #22
dakisbac

Send a message via Skype™ to dakisbac

Mister Dak's Gamercard

Awards Showcase VGO Gold Medal   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Minty   Ambassador 1x1 Competition - Third Place   Staff Club - dakisbac   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - AOS Puck
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
Excellent. Time to start slacking

Congratulations to all of you. Let's git er done!
dakisbac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:48 AM   #23
Never Final

Never Final's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - troy0891   Staff Club - Never Final   Over Achiever - Silver   Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakisbac View Post
Excellent. Time to start slacking

Congratulations to all of you. Let's git er done!
As gamers we already slack. We need some form of slackception. So we slack while we are slacking. Dammit where's Xibit?

Need help with an online achievement? If I got the game Ill help. Just PM me.
COMPLETED: 108 - RETAIL: 62 - ARCADE: 21 - WP7: 15 - W8: 8 - OTHER: 2
Last Completed: Fighting Vipers(XBLA)

Last edited by Never Final; 01-03-2013 at 01:11 AM.
Never Final is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:48 AM   #24
TemporalWizard
Guide Team

TemporalWizard's Gamercard

Awards Showcase VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Silver   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - troy0891   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Gold   1,000 Posts   Road Map - Bronze
Thanks for this opportunity. I'm excited to start helping out the site as a member of the guide team! Congrats to everyone else on your new positions as well!
Old 01-03-2013, 01:08 AM   #25
Mahtan Tinuviél

Mahtan Tinuviel's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 2
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Congrats to all of the chosen ones...
Good luck with the job ahead of you guys!!!

Thanks for Rajeanero for the signature!!

100% Retail: 28 - Latest : Borderlands
100% Arcade: 1 - Latest : Shoot Many Robots

Latest Milestone:
40.000 - 28/09/2013; Playing XCOM: EU.
Mahtan Tinuviél is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:39 AM   #26
iBuzz7S

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 2
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech View Post
New additions to the Guide Team:
DEG23
Ha, maybe now you can get all those guides and road maps yourself.

Congratulations to all. Finally, some changes are being made and it's visible for all to see.
Old 01-03-2013, 01:46 AM   #27
Maka

Send a message via MSN to Maka

Maka91's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 10,000 posts   Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Emerald   GRID 2 Award   Submit - Platinum   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Micro Guide - Gold   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Silver   x360a Book Club   A+ Thread Award   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 20 (more» ...)
Good job guys, congrats to everyone!

Hopefully there is still enough room for people like me to just create guides when they have extra time!

EDIT: After going back and taking a look at the applications page, realized that the Guide Team is mostly responsible for processing and publishing guides. It's great to see that there will be more attention here, as there are so many games with sub-forums, dlc guides and multiple guides. I know there have been some long wait times for less popular games, so it's great to see this here.

Last edited by Maka; 01-03-2013 at 01:54 AM.
Maka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 02:06 AM   #28
Ceris
Why So Ceris-nya?

Tragic Melody's Gamercard

Awards Showcase CABS Beta Tester   Community Gaming - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Ceris   Over Achiever - Bronze   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Thanks for giving me a chance at this! Also, congratulations to everyone who got chosen. i actually wasn't expecting me to be picked.

Helping Hand Award Nominations || Please disable your ad blocker for XBA!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech
An ad blocker prevents the ad from loading in the first place, and the counter is on the ad's side, not the site's. As such, an ad blocker stops the increment from going up and no revenue is generated as a result of your page views.
Ceris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 02:35 AM   #29
THE DEADLY DOG

Send a message via AIM to THE DEADLY DOG Send a message via MSN to THE DEADLY DOG Send a message via Skype™ to THE DEADLY DOG

THE DEADLY DOG's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Staff - Maximum Clubs Director   Micro Guide - Gold   Submit - Emerald   Subscriber - Bronze   Staff Club - * Clueless *   2,500 Posts   Staff Club - THE DEADLY DOG
Wanted to say thanks for this opportunity to play a larger role in the community.
Old 01-03-2013, 02:39 AM   #30
Creech
Administrator

Just Creech's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maka View Post
Good job guys, congrats to everyone!

Hopefully there is still enough room for people like me to just create guides when they have extra time!

EDIT: After going back and taking a look at the applications page, realized that the Guide Team is mostly responsible for processing and publishing guides. It's great to see that there will be more attention here, as there are so many games with sub-forums, dlc guides and multiple guides. I know there have been some long wait times for less popular games, so it's great to see this here.
Indeed, to reiterate this point, the primary role of the Guide Team is to take top notch guides like those Maka writes, and format them appropriately, and publish them on the main page of the site. Without the efforts of the guide writers across the forum, the Guide Team would not exist.