Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Far Cry 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-02-2013, 03:46 AM   #1
JONBLEACH

Bleach x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Question Ninja Step - 2 Undetected

Alright so ive been focusing on doing this for the past while.
I got undected on a post with a dog cage i set free and i got the 1500 XP after liberation. Then i went to another post that had a bear cage. Saved before doing it, kept seeing me because bear was a complete derp. So i kept leaving and reloading save. Finally on my 7th try i got the 1500 XP for being undected on that one.

So for that skill to unlock i thought u had to do 2 outposts in a row and get undetected. So ive done that but when i go to my skills page its still locked saying "Complete more missions to unlock this skill"

What the heck does that mean. Where im at in the main story, I have to travel to Citra's temple to gain strength or something.
I have 6 Radio Towers/ and 4/34 outposts, 2 of which are undetected.

How do i unlock it, what missions am i missing
Gamertag: Bleach x360a
JONBLEACH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 04:11 AM   #2
Th3 Apache Dog

Th3 Apache Dog's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
You have to continue on with the main story missions and eventually you wil unlock more skills including that one.

My most proud completions are Super Street Fighter 4 (1600/1600) and Guitar Hero 3.
Th3 Apache Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 05:52 AM   #3
specularblinky

specularblinky's Gamercard
doing the 2 undetected just made it so u would be able to unlock it once you get far enough into the story

Last edited by specularblinky; 01-02-2013 at 07:16 PM.
specularblinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 07:05 AM   #4
Direkin

Direkin's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Shinobi273   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Rajeanero   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Submit - Bronze   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JONBLEACH View Post
So for that skill to unlock i thought u had to do 2 outposts in a row and get undetected. So ive done that but when i go to my skills page its still locked saying "Complete more missions to unlock this skill"

What the heck does that mean. Where im at in the main story, I have to travel to Citra's temple to gain strength or something.
I have 6 Radio Towers/ and 4/34 outposts, 2 of which are undetected.

How do i unlock it, what missions am i missing
They didn't have to be in a row, but eh, you have them now anyway...

"Complete more missions to unlock this skill" means you have to complete more missions... to unlock the skill. Main storyline missions that is. After meeting Citra you'll unlock more skills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabba View Post
The mirror is staring right at the post which reads you are............. So hilarious that english makes them their posting.... Well done cheevo for confirming that you....... You must be drunk to not realise that or just another incoherent fool..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gackt View Post
heh...don't try to reason with the masses my friend, tis a waste of time
Direkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:24 AM   #5
Skillet

Send a message via MSN to Skillet

Skillet x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   x360a Representer   Staff Club - Skillet   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   A+ Thread Award   Road Map - Bronze   Word of Mouth   SOTF Runner Up   SOTF Winner   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Direkin View Post
"Complete more missions to unlock this skill" means you have to complete more missions... to unlock the skill. Main storyline missions that is. After meeting Citra you'll unlock more skills.
But not that one. I'm further ahead in the game, and still can't select that skill. Though I wish I could.

I kind of like the progression though. I almost wish I hadn't upgraded all of my gear by spending the first 10 hours of the game hunting.

Wait... no I don't.

Read them.... apply them.

Skillet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 12:17 PM   #6
Direkin

Direkin's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Shinobi273   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Rajeanero   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Submit - Bronze   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skillet View Post
But not that one. I'm further ahead in the game, and still can't select that skill. Though I wish I could.
Oh yeah, it's one of the last batch of skills that unlocks when you reach the southern island (iirc).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skillet View Post
I kind of like the progression though. I almost wish I hadn't upgraded all of my gear by spending the first 10 hours of the game hunting.

Wait... no I don't.
I did that too; it makes the rest of the game hassle free . It's especially useful if you have a irrational love of C4ing everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabba View Post
The mirror is staring right at the post which reads you are............. So hilarious that english makes them their posting.... Well done cheevo for confirming that you....... You must be drunk to not realise that or just another incoherent fool..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gackt View Post
heh...don't try to reason with the masses my friend, tis a waste of time
Direkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 04:48 PM   #7
JONBLEACH

Bleach x360a's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by specularblinky View Post
doing the 2 undetected just made it so u would be unable to unlock it once you get far enough into the story
Everyone else on this post, is this guy saying the truth here?
Because i dont know if its true, i dont want to have to start a new game after this one.
Old 01-02-2013, 06:10 PM   #8
DarkCrown

DarkCrown JGT's Gamercard

He's telling the truth , you do 2 undetected , then it unblock the skill , once you reach mission 25(2nd batch of skill to unlock ) I think you'll be able to select that skill

If you look certain skill , some tell you to do X thing in order to make it accessible. One skill need you to buy 3 body armor another is craft 15 syringes I think
Old 01-02-2013, 07:02 PM   #9
ShmedReborn

He's telling the truth. Some skills (such as Ninja Step) simply have a second set of requirements in addition to progressing through the main story. Once you get far enough into the story you will unlock the next batch of skills.

If one of those skills happens to have a secondary set of requirements (like Ninja Step), and you have completed said requirements, you will be able to spend a point on it (assuming you have a point to spend). You can complete the secondary requirement before or after the skill has been unlocked by the main storyline.

Last edited by ShmedReborn; 01-02-2013 at 07:33 PM.
ShmedReborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 04:31 PM   #10
JONBLEACH

Bleach x360a's Gamercard

Yes i know, to unlock it you need to progress the story but you also have to do the 2 Undetected Posts.

Which i already did so when i do enough missions and the skill becomes available then i should be able to spend my point into it right.

Like right now the only thing im missing for "do x of watever to unlock" is the body armor one, i have 2/3 bought. Last night i got the death from above doing the Knife missions for Buck. I also got the from below in the sub room.
Old 01-03-2013, 05:11 PM   #11
ShmedReborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShmedReborn View Post
Once you get far enough into the story you will unlock the next batch of skills.

If one of those skills happens to have a secondary set of requirements (like Ninja Step), and you have completed said requirements, you will be able to spend a point on it (assuming you have a point to spend).
How does that not answer your question? If you have liberated two outposts undetected, once you progress far enough into the story the "complete more missions to unlock this skill" message will disappear, and you will be able to spend a point on Ninja Step.

It's not as complicated as you are making it. Complete the requirement and play the game, and you will be able to unlock skills.

I am a gamer. I am a completionist. I am an Achievement Hunter
Old 01-09-2013, 08:43 PM   #12
TheXandman

Xandman88's Gamercard
Does anybody know if you can still get the undetected bonus if you get detected, then run away and come back a while later when they all cooled off a little?

Nevermind, found the answer here: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=411170

Last edited by TheXandman; 01-09-2013 at 08:49 PM. Reason: Found the answer
TheXandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 09:15 AM   #13
StarsRPD

Eskobar M92's Gamercard
I tried this after arriving on second island and I can't do it because of the juggernauts. I couldn't find a cage either in that base.

I also wonder about the sabotage because I kill the alarm and there is a checkpoint if I die and they get suspicious.
Old 01-20-2013, 05:34 PM   #14
Magicman10893

Magicman10893's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarsRPD View Post
I tried this after arriving on second island and I can't do it because of the juggernauts. I couldn't find a cage either in that base.

I also wonder about the sabotage because I kill the alarm and there is a checkpoint if I die and they get suspicious.
I would recommend unlocking the Heavy Beatdown skill and unlocking the Z93 and the suppressor for it. I think 1 good headshot with the Z93 should kill a Heavy in one hit, although I might be thinking of the Heavies from the first island. Either way, the Heavy Beatdown skill will prove invaluable. Take out the snipers, then the chargers, and small guys from a distance (preferably from 100m+ away).

If the Heavies can be killed in one headshot, kill them after the snipers, if not, sneak up and take them out last with takedowns. Use rocks to distract them and put them in good positions so you don't get before or during the kill.

Some of the outposts on the southern island will have animal cages. If you find one, shoot it first and then take out the guards while they're distracted. If you can kill the smaller guys quickly, the tiger/bear/komodo will be able to kill the heavies in no time.

Spoiler! (click here to reveal)
Magicman10893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 10:06 PM   #15
ShmedReborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magicman10893 View Post
I would recommend unlocking the Heavy Beatdown skill and unlocking the Z93 and the suppressor for it. I think 1 good headshot with the Z93 should kill a Heavy in one hit, although I might be thinking of the Heavies from the first island.
The suppressed Z93 will will one-shot any heavy (on the first or second island) provided you hit him in the head. By using it I was able to get a couple of undetected bonuses on the second island.

I am a gamer. I am a completionist. I am an Achievement Hunter
Old 01-21-2013, 12:55 AM   #16
Praduhh

praduhh's Gamercard
The " Snipe them from affar with a silencer " method worked best for me. Shoot the jugs in the head, 1-2 shots they're dead.
Praduhh is offline   Reply With Quote